Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Had no idea where to ask this question, so I'm going to ask it here.

What is the difference between these two "scrolls" on the forums?

user posted image

I'm thinking that one means New Replies to a thread I have not read, and the other is New Replies to a thread I have read.

user posted image

Here's all the different types smile.gif

And like Mistress of Whispers said, the spot just means you've posted in it smile.gif

Close. It's replied to a thread you have not / have posted in.

Thank you! I was confused at first.

user posted image

Here's all the different types smile.gif

And like Mistress of Whispers said, the spot just means you've posted in it smile.gif

Thank you also. The legend is helpful. It's at the bottom I see ^^

You guys are so helpful <3

Edited by predatorfan4ever

I was just experimenting with two horses and added them to 6 hatcheries. They didn't turn anyway, but also they didn't seem to get enough views to hatch either. Is it because dragcave is lagging right now?

And grats to the one who picked one of the horses up. I abandoned it right before it died laugh.gif

Hatcheries are slow these days - it's a typical post-holiday thing.

Here is an odd question: Is there any way to tell WHEN your scroll was first created? I'm curious as to when I first created my scroll, since I can't remember WHEN I started playing DC. I know it was before my Forum Date, and it was before my 4 Oldest Dragons currently on my scroll. I know I lost some dragons to the Datamonster, but I'd like to know exactly when I started my account.

Here is an odd question: Is there any way to tell WHEN your scroll was first created? I'm curious as to when I first created my scroll, since I can't remember WHEN I started playing DC. I know it was before my Forum Date, and it was before my 4 Oldest Dragons currently on my scroll. I know I lost some dragons to the Datamonster, but I'd like to know exactly when I started my account.

Maybe get your NUMBER and compare it with others ?

Oh, Fuzz, I never though of that!

I will have to do that. Thank you very much biggrin.gif

Oh, Fuzz, I never though of that!

I will have to do that. Thank you very much biggrin.gif

There's a thread - I thought I remembered one. You could start there:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=114316

(You actually posted in it !

But first you posted your FORUM account number, not your scroll !)

July 2009 biggrin.gif You SAID so, anyway. You certainly joined 119k before I did, and I joined in January 2010.. The thread may have someone with a number closer to yours than mine is !

Someone in January 2009 has a number about the same distance from yours (the other way) as mine is, so July sounds about right, actually.

ETA and someone with one not a LOT higher than yours - a mere 44k - joined in September 2009...

Edited by fuzzbucket

Is it possible to have Enraged Aegis Hatchlings?

If not, the Encyclopedia needs an update smile.gif

No, there aren't enraged hatchies on the Aegis. And for me it's showing the normal nice Aegis hatchie sprites for both forms.

No, there aren't enraged hatchies on the Aegis. And for me it's showing the normal nice Aegis hatchie sprites for both forms.

Same here - the only enraged form I have is the adult. The pacified Aegis hatchling shows up for both.

Also, thanks Labyrinthian and Tawanda001, for your quick responses earlier! smile.gif

There's a thread - I thought I remembered one. You could start there:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=114316

(You actually posted in it !

But first you posted your FORUM account number, not your scroll !)

July 2009 biggrin.gif You SAID so, anyway. You certainly joined 119k before I did, and I joined in January 2010.. The thread may have someone with a number closer to yours than mine is !

Someone in January 2009 has a number about the same distance from yours (the other way) as mine is, so July sounds about right, actually.

ETA and someone with one not a LOT higher than yours - a mere 44k - joined in September 2009...

I found my posts. I just wanted to be sure I had the timing right for myself, of when I actually joined. I couldn't remember the exact month I joined, I thought I might have joined earlier but didn't really play at first (that I remember. I was daunted by the whole 'your egg will die in 7 days' message, and I didn't know about other forums at the time). I was so sure I was around for the Bright pinks being in the cave. I know I was around for the Frills, but I only stalked the AP at the time because I didn't know the egg descriptions.

I was even around for the Frills, but not for long sad.gif

Well this is a weird one. I caught this as a hatchie and it was already ER. It's page says its three days. However when I try to add it to an ER I'm told it's six days old and can not be added. I've tried leaving it a few hours to see if it would correct itself but no luck.

I'm worried it will die before it grows. I have no aid on but feel free to try and add it yourself to see what I mean.

Well this is a weird one. I caught this as a hatchie and it was already ER. It's page says its three days. However when I try to add it to an ER I'm told it's six days old and can not be added. I've tried leaving it a few hours to see if it would correct itself but no luck.

I'm worried it will die before it grows. I have no aid on but feel free to try and add it yourself to see what I mean.

Others have reported the same issue - (see here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=172974) - potentially a new format of DC is being rolled out? Some members say there is a new style (there are some screenshots there also for you to compare)

I just clicked on the hatchling's page, and it says it has 6 days left (I have same, normal format) so you're ok! smile.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

Sounds like the problem being discussed here - https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=172974

Someone's playing with the site this morning! rolleyes.gif

and ninja'd by Lumos! smile.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

Ah thank you. I do have a new layout on the dragon's home page. You know? I didn't check my other hatchies just this one because it was new. But now I've checked it and yes they have all lost time. Glad I'm not the only one.

Since someone recently mentioned the Encyclopedia here I figured I'd post here instead of making a new thread.

The new Encyclopedia entry for the Caligene (http://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/1583) shows *two* rows of sprites, with one completely greyed out. Is there an alternate form that no one knows about, or is this a glitch?

Since someone recently mentioned the Encyclopedia here I figured I'd post here instead of making a new thread.

The new Encyclopedia entry for the Caligene (http://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/1583) shows *two* rows of sprites, with one completely greyed out. Is there an alternate form that no one knows about, or is this a glitch?

It's the Spriter's Alt. It has been discussed in the Encyclopedia Helpers thread this morning.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=164308

Really unsure what to do with this, so I figured I'd post in here first.

If someone is claiming to be me and trading IOU's for my dragon (Cammy), what can I do about it...

A kind person I traded previously with brought to my attention of a user who was trying to get an IOU from Cammy for rares. Silly, as the one who brought to my attention knows who I am and so PM'd me asking about it.

You can see how this can be a problem linked to me because the people 'Cammy owes' will never get paid because that's not his dragon, it's mine.

I know taking IOU's is a risk for anybody, but this is just messed.

What do?

I'd message a moderator with the name and the issue.

So i have frozen this hatchling:

http://dragcave.net/view/Hf3Dx and it doesn't pop up into this handy list:

user posted image It should appear under the frozen Daydream hatchling. unsure.gif Normally the Help page is showing me all my recently frozen hatchlings.

I use the old Blackout skin. wink.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

So i have frozen this hatchling:

http://dragcave.net/view/Hf3Dx and it doesn't pop up into this handy list:

user posted image It should appear under the frozen Daydream hatchling. unsure.gif Normally the Help page is showing me all my recently frozen hatchlings.

I use the old Blackout skin. wink.gif

Welp, I just learned something new. I didn't know you could see recent frozens via the Freeze/Help section.

And with that being said I have 3 I've frozen recently and none of them show up there.