Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

^^ I posted this a few pages back, no response... just wanted to repost this and check and see as I can find no such thing, but I wouldn't really know what to search ^^

Each sub-forum has their own rules and such, typically posted at the top of their forums in stickied threads. Reading the stickies is always a great first move when looking into a forum!

Cheers!

C4.

Is there a lineage advice thread? In case the answer is no, I'm looking for guidance on doing song or conversation lineages. Most of the ones I've seen were evengens, but in my head i'm having trouble figuring out how i'd set it up so the lyrics worked right. I know I've raised one or two but I have too many dragons and I can't remember which they are so I can't just look at them.

Is there a lineage advice thread? In case the answer is no, I'm looking for guidance on doing song or conversation lineages. Most of the ones I've seen were evengens, but in my head i'm having trouble figuring out how i'd set it up so the lyrics worked right. I know I've raised one or two but I have too many dragons and I can't remember which they are so I can't just look at them.

Here you go!

Edit: a question!

I just noticed that while the other dragons are numbered (not sure how, but numbers 1 to 141 are taken. In contrast, Caligenes and Aegises are 1583 and 1584, respectively. Anyone know why?

If you go through all the dragons in the Encyclopedia it's actually pretty random. I'm guessing if I took the time to list them that 1-X is the first batch, then the next set of numbers is the batch after that. The numbers make a lot of big jumps. Depipis: 1270, Gemshard: 972

So TJ probably numbered them in order of doing adding them, but when doing a new group just put in a much higher number instead of going back to see where he left off, best guess.

Edited by DragonLady86

^^ I posted this a few pages back, no response... just wanted to repost this and check and see as I can find no such thing, but I wouldn't really know what to search ^^

No there's not but you could PM a friend or a mod.

If you go through all the dragons in the Encyclopedia it's actually pretty random. I'm guessing if I took the time to list them that 1-X is the first batch, then the next set of numbers is the batch after that. The numbers make a lot of big jumps. Depipis: 1270, Gemshard: 972

So TJ probably numbered them in order of doing adding them, but when doing a new group just put in a much higher number instead of going back to see where he left off, best guess.

Oh, I missed those! Thank you.

Oh, I missed those! Thank you.

Ok, I actually did write the numbers down, looks like it goes in the same order as the breed sort used to, then random gaps as new stuff was added later. Hopefully, this link works if anyone is interested, it's too big to post directly.

I made a thing

Ok, I actually did write the numbers down, looks like it goes in the same order as the breed sort used to, then random gaps as new stuff was added later. Hopefully, this link works if anyone is interested, it's too big to post directly.

I made a thing

Cool!

So, I'm just curious. What do I do when I've had dragon descriptions pending since 2013? xd.png

Message one of the description mods. They can approve descriptions. happy.gif

I think Rubyshoes is one, but I'm not sure. Perhaps someone else can give the list of people to PM?

Socky is one. She's pretty good at getting it done.

Socky is one. She's pretty good at getting it done.

Socky said a while ago to PM someone else as she hasn't time just now. I forget who - but I THINK Thuban was one.

Socky said a while ago to PM someone else as she hasn't time just now. I forget who - but I THINK Thuban was one.

Thu will do them in small amounts, but absolutely hates doing them, and doesn't hide that fact.

Still, if people poke nicely, I'll do small amounts. If someone is actively chatting with me while i do them, I'll do more. I feel bad they dont get done, so will do small numbers from time to time.

I start having panic attacks within about 40 of them though.

Mira: I took care of the one for you.

Edited by Thuban

Is there a way to block ads from appearing just on the forums?

For the past month the forums were so bad for me that they were essentially unusuable--it'd take two or three refreshes for a page to decide to finish loading fully. I finally slapped on adblock and my browsing experience instantly went to 100% again. The downside, though, is that it's blocking ads both here AND on the main site. I've disabled it for a few of the main game pages (biomes, main, my scroll), but obviously I can't do it for every single /view or /lineage page I visit. Is there a way to get adblock to distinguish between the game and the forums?

Is there a way to block ads from appearing just on the forums?

For the past month the forums were so bad for me that they were essentially unusuable--it'd take two or three refreshes for a page to decide to finish loading fully. I finally slapped on adblock and my browsing experience instantly went to 100% again. The downside, though, is that it's blocking ads both here AND on the main site. I've disabled it for a few of the main game pages (biomes, main, my scroll), but obviously I can't do it for every single /view or /lineage page I visit. Is there a way to get adblock to distinguish between the game and the forums?

You should definitely be able to allow ads on the game pages; the cave and the forums have different addresses so you should have an option in Adblock to disable it on the main dragcave site while still blocking ads on the forum site if you need to.

ETA: Might depend on your browser, mind - I use FF for DC and adblock has a little icon I can click and then options to "Disable on "site name"", "Disable on this page only", or "Disable everywhere".

Edited by Amazon_warrior

The problem is probably that the forum is a subdomain of dragcave.net, and adblock doesn't seem to have the option of enabling it only on a subdomain. You can *disable* it only on a subdomain, but that's not quite the way adp wanted xd.png

Edited by Ruby Eyes

The problem is probably that the forum is a subdomain of dragcave.net, and adblock doesn't seem to have the option of enabling it only on a subdomain. You can *disable* it only on a subdomain, but that's not quite the way adp wanted xd.png

Yes, that's the problem. ;___;

Hmmm, I think I see what you mean (and I've often wished that Adblock worked in a way that's basically the opposite of how it does work). Dunno, then - other than complain to the makers of Adblock!

I remember writing descriptions for about 5 of my dragons a few months ago, now I want to remove them since I think they were kinda bad :\

There wouldn't happen to be a way to tell who has a description would there?

I remember writing descriptions for about 5 of my dragons a few months ago, now I want to remove them since I think they were kinda bad :\

There wouldn't happen to be  a way to tell who has a description would there?

Sadly there is not.

There is a suggestion here to change that if you would like to weigh in on that, but I'm not sure if it would include unapproved suggestions, or only approved ones.

Edited by purplehaze

Message one of the description mods. They can approve descriptions. happy.gif

I think Rubyshoes is one, but I'm not sure. Perhaps someone else can give the list of people to PM?

There's no list because it's just all mods that can approve descriptions.

People who respond to requests:

yosofine

Infinis

rubyshoes

Thuban

If someone is being viewbombed, is it against the TOS to take their scroll off of click sites?

How do you know they are being viewbombed?

I have seen a few people complain that people were taking eggs off of click sites that they had put them on because they thought they were being viewbombed, it's probably best to PM the person and let them know if you think they are being viewbombed.

Edited by AppleMango