Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Two questions: One: can a hatchling that ran out of time be revived? Two: if you manage to revive the creature whose death enraged your aegis, will you be able to pacify it straight away?

You can revive any time after death up to two weeks, when the dragon will count as disintegrated. Any dead hatchie/adult, no matter how it died.

Two is probably something you should ask in the aegis BSA discussion thread in SD. Someone there has or will probably test if possible.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Is there any place where to find an updated list of all the CB Prizes? What about the same for the Alt sprites? Thanks in advance.

How common are Silver Lunars?

Found my answer - dont worry

Edited by fan138

So I just recently found out that the Pillow Dragon came from the completed request board and was released... Out of curiosity, have there been any others that are on site that were in the request board? If so is there a list I can find of them all?

So I just recently found out that the Pillow Dragon came from the completed request board and was released... Out of curiosity, have there been any others that are on site that were in the request board? If so is there a list I can find of them all?

This thread has some history on the Completed List, https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=94582 showing what dragons people liked and is an interesting comparison to the current Completed List, https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=35579.

Dragons that I've really liked and were subsequently released to the Cave include:

Anagallia Dragons

Copper Dragons

Duotone Dragons

Pyralspites

Royal Crimsons

Undines

I hope this helps!

A good portion.

In addition to those listed above: BBWs, waverunners, royal blues, teimarrs, fleshcrownes, bleeding moon, brimstone, fever, blusang, trihorn, speckle throated, falconiform, golden wyvern, harvest, brute, tsunami, flamingo, blacktip, turpentine, glorydrakes, sunsongs, hellfires, ridgewing, nocturne, nebula, electric, olive, canopy, sunstone, waterwalker, frilled, balloon, trios, albino, sunrise/set, pygmy, striped, guardian, cheese, geode, horse, seasonals, skywing, daydream, dorsals, and even marrows. Mostly older ones but a spattering of newer ones.

Ok I have a question. This has happened several times, but I'll just talk about what was today.

I saw a red nebula hatchling in abandoned. I clicked it, it was taken. I went on refreshing, and it came up two more times: a red nebula hatchling with 6 day 7 hrs of time left, seemingly the same, popping up, being taken when I clicked.

It seemed to be the same hatchling. You know what I mean. Why does it keep showing up even if it was taken?

This ties up with another question: twice it did happen that I clicked on an egg, it was taken, I clicked the "back" button on chrome, and clicked it again, this time it was there and I got it! (tried this trick more times, but it happened "only" twice that I got the egg that was at first taken).

Happened to anyone else?

It was probably picked up then abandoned a couple times. Mostly likely because of lineage.

I have one dragon, a black back when blacks were uncommon that I tried to grab over and over. She was picked up and re-abandoned at least 5 times before I was able to snag her. Her lineage is messy and she's inbred but I was happy to have any black dragons at that point. She is still one of my favorites and one of the few described dragons I have on my scroll.

Edited by annageckos

Yep, it's people grabbing then abandoning again because they don't like the lineage. Not strange at all. In fact it's very common. I do it all the time and I see it happen all the time, especially with a relatively popular breed of egg or just about any hatchling. More hatchlings get kept, but if the lineage is especially messy or inbred they may bounce quite a few times as a sequence of people see it, get excited, click, only to be disappointed by the lineage and throw it back.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Additional aspect of the AP to keep in mind: If you were the last person to abandon an egg or hatchling, you cannot it up again (until someone else picks it up and abandons it).

For hatchlings it's almost without a doubt just being re-abandoned, though, hatchlings are picked up quickly. smile.gif (Although, as mentioned, not necessarily kept.)

hm picked up and abandoned within 1 minute, several times? Could be, but kinda strange, no?

I had that with a yulebuck towards the end of Christmas. I was desperate for one more 2nd gen. ANY 2nd gen. I got the same one over and over and over - not even THAT bad a lineage, just not something I could use. Catch and drop can happen amazingly fast.

Edited by fuzzbucket

How do you edit the polls on threads? (I'm the one that created the thread, btw)

Ask a global mod.

We can edit and delete polls. (If you just edit, all votes and everything stay the same. If you need a new poll, I can delete the old one so you can create a new one.)

Ask a global mod.

We can edit and delete polls. (If you just edit, all votes and everything stay the same. If you need a new poll, I can delete the old one so you can create a new one.)

PM'd, thank you! I figured I was missing some sort of link wink.gif

Has anyone tried EQ with a GoN egg? I was thinking, since they can hatch but 'run away' but GoN's can't be given up, would it either hatch or die, or is it just death?

I ask because I'm heading to bed soon but really wanna catch another water egg, this egg's at 3d20hrs and not hatching zzzz http://dragcave.net/lineage/VvJZo

Has anyone tried EQ with a GoN egg? I was thinking, since they can hatch but 'run away' but GoN's can't be given up, would it either hatch or die, or is it just death?

I ask because I'm heading to bed soon but really wanna catch another water egg, this egg's at 3d20hrs and not hatching zzzz http://dragcave.net/lineage/VvJZo

I would guess hatch or die, high probability of death. GoNs are notoriously stubborn and yours may take a bit.

Well, your choices are, wait and see, and maybe the egg will die. Try putting in a few more hatcheries.

OR....

Use EQ, it may die, it may hatch, 50/50 chance you get a hatchie.

And either way, if it dies, you get another chance to get another one, however long it takes.

I bred my dragon less than a week ago and can't remember if she refused her mate or simply didn't deliver an egg. Is there any way to check that now? Or do I have to wait until the breed action is available again so I can check if the mate is greyed out or not?

*Resolves to keep better breeding notes from now on*

How should I do to put images on my sig / post?

At the bottom of this post you can find where it will teach you how to code in images and image links :3

@Mistress of Whispers, try checking your action log? I thought it tells you the results of your breedings, but I could be wrong. If it doesn't tell you then the only way I can imagine you being able to tell what happened is to wait until the cooldown is up.

Edited by ParticleSoup

I bred my dragon less than a week ago and can't remember if she refused her mate or simply didn't deliver an egg. Is there any way to check that now? Or do I have to wait until the breed action is available again so I can check if the mate is greyed out or not?

*Resolves to keep better breeding notes from now on*

As far as I know there is no other option than wait till the breed action is available again to check.

Ok, I am not sure if I am in the right place or if this has been discussed already, but - whenever there is a drop in the cave(mostly happens with the 00 or 30 ones with me), I would first get a "No eggs found here" message, then refresh to see the eggs that were there before the message, refresh again or try to switch to a different biome and then the whole thing freezes for quite a few seconds... It happens to me wherever I play, so it isn't something to do with my internet speed or my computer as it happens on different machines, it also doesn't seem to be related to the amount of users currently online. It is extremely annoying as I feel like I may be missing out on the good stuff, as mostly when it finally unfreezes and lets me properly refresh I only see commons... Is this something that happens to everyone/a lot of people/literally anybody else? And is there something I can do to fix it somehow?