Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I remember writing descriptions for about 5 of my dragons a few months ago, now I want to remove them since I think they were kinda bad :\

There wouldn't happen to be a way to tell who has a description would there?

There isn't, but there is a thread here suggesting it. smile.gif

I keep mine linked in a google doc, maybe you can try that if you describe more dragons in the future. smile.gif

I remember writing descriptions for about 5 of my dragons a few months ago, now I want to remove them since I think they were kinda bad :\

There wouldn't happen to be a way to tell who has a description would there?

I'm guessing you either figured it out, PM'd a mod, or they were approved, as I don't see any pending descriptions for you. ^^

I've noticed something odd since I got the new view page a few days ago - it seems DC is not registering my clicks? I can't give a click to my own dragons, or other peoples. I saw several of my eggs and hatchlings at 0 clicks, which is extremely bizarre because they have always received 1 from myself. I tried clicking them on Firefox, IE and the mobile version (using an ITouch and my Android phone) but the number still remained at 0. So I went to other peoples scrolls and tried clicking on their eggs/hatchlings but their Clicks: statistics didn't go up either. I know dragons don't need clicks, but it still bothers me.

Also, since the view page change whenever I breed my dragons and they produce an egg, it looks like this. Normally it would show the egg that was produced, now there is nothing but empty space. The egg IS bred, it just doesn't appear on that page. If the parents were different breeds of dragons then I have to check my scroll to see what kind of egg I got. xd.png Happens on Firefox, IE and the mobile version (using the same ITouch and Android phone).

I've tried the usual things like restarting, clearing my cache and cookies, etc but these two issues still persist and I'm not sure what else to do.

I'm guessing you either figured it out, PM'd a mod, or they were approved, as I don't see any pending descriptions for you. ^^

I think they meant they wanted to delete already approved ones ?

I've noticed something odd since I got the new view page a few days ago - it seems DC is not registering my clicks? I can't give a click to my own dragons, or other peoples. I saw several of my eggs and hatchlings at 0 clicks, which is extremely bizarre because they have always received 1 from myself. I tried clicking them on Firefox, IE and the mobile version (using an ITouch and my Android phone) but the number still remained at 0. So I went to other peoples scrolls and tried clicking on their eggs/hatchlings but their Clicks: statistics didn't go up either. I know dragons don't need clicks, but it still bothers me.

Also, since the view page change whenever I breed my dragons and they produce an egg, it looks like this. Normally it would show the egg that was produced, now there is nothing but empty space. The egg IS bred, it just doesn't appear on that page. If the parents were different breeds of dragons then I have to check my scroll to see what kind of egg I got. xd.png Happens on Firefox, IE and the mobile version (using the same ITouch and Android phone).

I've tried the usual things like restarting, clearing my cache and cookies, etc but these two issues still persist and I'm not sure what else to do.

Same here, and its very sad not to be able to give my dragons at least one click. Was this changed or is it just a temp glitch? I'm on clicking sites but I still have eggs that dont get any clicks. And the egg not showing is a problem too, esp when breeding between two kinds of rares, LOL I could never tell what egg I had scored.

Yes, there's a view issue with the new layout. I reported it the other day. Was hoping it'd be fixed now. I'll poke TJ again just in case.

Yes, there's a view issue with the new layout. I reported it the other day. Was hoping it'd be fixed now. I'll poke TJ again just in case.

Can you also find out WHY the new layout ?

I don't have it yet - but there seemed no need at all for the change.

But does this mean, then, that views, etc are actually not being recorded somehow - surely that cannot work, as fan sites carry on doing their thing - so could things be getting sick and their owners not even know ?

Thanks saltywench and Sock! I was kind of afraid these issues were only happening to me so I'm relieved to hear that I'm not alone. ^^ Hopefully it won't be too difficult for TJ to fix.

Oh uh, I think I deleted all of them. I only found 3 but I remember doing more.

I'll double check my dragons and look for any approved ones.

Edited by dinogummi

This is probably a long shot but:

Is there anyway to protect/help prevent against view-bombing? Someone keeps putting my eggs in pretty much every single fansite out there and 1. I can't let them hatch and 2. I can't fog them as they are in a trade and 3. It is so tedious to go hunt down every single click site I know of and remove them, only to do it again in another hour -.-

Edited by Clya

This is probably a long shot but:

Is there anyway to protect/help prevent against view-bombing? Someone keeps putting my eggs in pretty much every single fansite out there and 1. I can't let them hatch and 2. I can't fog them as they are in a trade and 3. It is so tedious to go hunt down every single click site I know of and remove them, only to do it again in another hour -.-

Hide your scroll, until its time to post them again. Not fog, go into your account settings and hide your scroll, which will prevent people from adding things (unless they know the codes) until you decide you want to post them.

I know there is a topic asking about trading worth but I can't remember if it is in trading or site discussions. I did search but my eyes started to cross trying to read though all the titles. I decided I want to do a blue nebula x faloniform lineage but I don't have many faloniforms. I wanted to ask what faloniforms go for and how many I could get for an Avatar of Creation from a male silver x GON.

Hide your scroll, until its time to post them again. Not fog, go into your account settings and hide your scroll, which will prevent people from adding things (unless they know the codes) until you decide you want to post them.

Sadly, if they've done it once, they can easily find the codes in their cache. Hiding your scroll may help, though. Good luck... (You could, of course, message the traded and explain, and then hide them till the trader is ready to pick up ?)

In release threads and such, users often post lineage / mating views of two breeds without actually using their dragons. How is it possible to get these?

In release threads and such, users often post lineage / mating views of two breeds without actually using their dragons. How is it possible to get these?

I'm curious about this too. I PMed a user who posted a image about it, they said its a file on photoshop or something they made and all the dragons are on layers (females on one, male on the other). Wondering if there's another way to make them.

You can also use this link to view potential lineages: http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage

Most people put in the code of one of TJ's adults and one of the adult dragons of their choice until they have adults on their scroll.

Edited by Jazeki

There's a blank template that I found on a Holiday mockup thread once: http://oi68.tinypic.com/2naoara.jpg

If you download the lineage tiles for the dragons you want to make a mockup from (open lineage view, right-click tile, "save image"), it's pretty easy to make a full-fledged even-gen mockup to give you a good idea for how the finished lineage would look. I like this approach because it gives you a much better idea of what the lineage will look like than just a single m/f mockup would.

Example 1, Example 2, Example 3

I haven't been active in a long time, and I was curious to if the egg chance in the Help thread is still up to date... meaning is there still a chance for a pair to produce multiple eggs? I remember it being fairly common back in 2008-2009, but ever since I came back I've only had one as the absolute max (if any). Did it change to be extremely rare to happen, or has it been removed completely?

I haven't been active in a long time, and I was curious to if the egg chance in the Help thread is still up to date... meaning is there still a chance for a pair to produce multiple eggs? I remember it being fairly common back in 2008-2009, but ever since I came back I've only had one as the absolute max (if any). Did it change to be extremely rare to happen, or has it been removed completely?

It's been removed except for holiday dragons during the holiday dragon breeding season and then it is possible for the holiday dragon breed only.

It's been removed except for holiday dragons during the holiday dragon breeding season and then it is possible for the holiday dragon breed only.

Thanks for the heads up! Was curious. And there's a face I haven't seen in a while! tongue.gif

Thanks for the heads up! Was curious. And there's a face I haven't seen in a while! tongue.gif

You're welcome smile.gif

Hello^^

Just a small question: Can Frills only produce their partner's breed?

Hello^^

Just a small question: Can Frills only produce their partner's breed?

Yes. Frills will not produce frills.