Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Tried the link, page still not fixed. Also the text is in all the wrong places.

EDIT: Youtube is also different? Maybe it's my browser? Aaaaa man what did I do?!?!

Oh. Then maybe it is. I know the link (that TJ posted in the fist place ) was supposed to sort it....

Tried the link, page still not fixed. Also the text is in all the wrong places.

EDIT: Youtube is also different? Maybe it's my browser? Aaaaa man what did I do?!?!

Is it possible that you've accidentally zoomed in/out?

You can usually reset it by clicking the magnifying glass located somewhere on the top of your browser. I use Chrome, so mine is in the URL bar, by the favourite button... Not sure where it'd be for other browsers.

Holding CTRL and hitting 0 on the keyboard usually fixes it for me, too... but again, I'm using a laptop and I'm not 100% sure if that works on a desktop. tongue.gif

Is it possible that you've accidentally zoomed in/out?

You can usually reset it by clicking the magnifying glass located somewhere on the top of your browser. I use Chrome, so mine is in the URL bar, by the favourite button... Not sure where it'd be for other browsers.

Holding CTRL and hitting 0 on the keyboard usually fixes it for me, too... but again, I'm using a laptop and I'm not 100% sure if that works on a desktop. tongue.gif

Sure does, at least with the usual foxes. But zooming shouldn't change symbols to letters.

Another option I can think of: check your browser settings, and possibly browser addons settings, if any of them don't allow or actively block site fonts. DC uses 2 custom fonts.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Page wasn't zoomed it, but it appears a hard refresh has fixed it. I should really try that with anything before I start to panic. Thanks!

How do I remove a poll from my dragon request thread? I see an option for a new poll but when I click it, it has new title, subtitle, thread description, and everything. I don't want to make a whole NEW thread just to put in a new poll! There is nothing I can see about removing my current one to put a new one up. This really SHOULD be more straightforward [like adding a new poll to the thread in the first place was]. sad.gif Help!

How do I remove a poll from my dragon request thread? I see an option for a new poll but when I click it, it has new title, subtitle, thread description, and everything. I don't want to make a whole NEW thread just to put in a new poll! There is nothing I can see about removing my current one to put a new one up. This really SHOULD be more straightforward [like adding a new poll to the thread in the first place was]. sad.gif Help!

Pretty sure you have to ask a mod to help.

Who do I ask when wanting to create a alt for a dragon? I was thinking of an alt idea for guardian dragons but they seem to have multiple creators, not to mention the artist credits don't specify on alts or not.

Areous - it is indeed for the most part a waiting game. Sometimes a mod will do a sweep, but the backlog is thousands and thousands of descriptions deep. The system was designed when DC was a much smaller site and even then it was a bit unwieldy. It didn't scale at all as the site grew and at this point it's a total disaster.

You can ask some od the mods to review your stuff when they have time - I think Yosofine does that - but that's mainly because the backlog is so out of control. TBH the description system could use some work.

Tango - Typically it just isn't done that way. AFAIK DC has never added an alt to a dragon that didn't start out with one. I'm not trying to discourage you - it's worth a try for sure - but I just want you to know it's probably going to be an uphill battle, and you might be better off changing it slightly so it can be a normal Dragon Request.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Eep, sorry Lurhstaap, I deleted my comment because that was pretty much what I figured, so wasn't going to keep the question up xd.png Thank you very much for your reply!

Pretty sure you have to ask a mod to help.

Global mod. Sectionals have to do a lot more work to get rid of a poll.

Who do I ask when wanting to create a alt for a dragon? I was thinking of an alt idea for guardian dragons but they seem to have multiple creators, not to mention the artist credits don't specify on alts or not.

You need to contact every single person listed.

Tango - Typically it just isn't done that way. AFAIK DC has never added an alt to a dragon that didn't start out with one. I'm not trying to discourage you - it's worth a try for sure - but I just want you to know it's probably going to be an uphill battle, and you might be better off changing it slightly so it can be a normal Dragon Request.

Blacks and vines didn't have alts to start out with, although I believe it was always a plan to release the alternate sprites. ? Nebulas started out as only blue and purple as well. Red and green were released quite a bit later.

I would say there's not a huge chance for an alt to be released, but I wouldn't say there's no chance. (Although chances are that an active artist might want to do an alt themselves rather than have it be a public request. ^^ But you never know until you ask.)

Really? Huh, didn't know that. I could've sworn the Nebbies always had alts, but that was a long time ago. Thanks for the info!

Hypothetical: is it possible for eggs to hatch in the AP? Say, if one was in a bunch of hatcheries before getting abandoned, then hit 4 days and wasn't immediately grabbed. Will it hatch, or just sit there with a huge crack in the center until it's picked up? I've seen a few eggs already in s4 of cracking in the AP.

Hypothetical: is it possible for eggs to hatch in the AP? Say, if one was in a bunch of hatcheries before getting abandoned, then hit 4 days and wasn't immediately grabbed. Will it hatch, or just sit there with a huge crack in the center until it's picked up? I've seen a few eggs already in s4 of cracking in the AP.

It will hatch (and thus be sent to the back of the queue, as it will then be at 7 days), just as hatchies can grow up (and get sent to the wilderness) or die if the AP gets too low time and things don't get grabbed quick enough.

What sites do people use to get a high number of clicks? I've tried Yarolds but either I'm doing something wrong or it's nigh on useless to boost click numbers.

I use Silvi's Lair, AoND, Valley Sherwood, Drag Hatch, and EATW. But I only put my eggs and hatchies in when they hit 3.23 days, both ways. That way, they auto ER and get lots of views right away.

What sites do people use to get a high number of clicks? I've tried Yarolds but either I'm doing something wrong or it's nigh on useless to boost click numbers.

The thing is, clicks aren't the only thing that dragons can grow with, views and unique views are a great help, too. Some people are even proud of zero-click adults. So using a DC-dedicated hatchery like those Riverwillows posted might be a good idea smile.gif

Haha thanks guys but I think I should have worded my post better. biggrin.gif I'm just looking for sites that really boost click numbers. I use all of those sites River mentioned for raising my dragons and have done so for years, but they don't seem to provide high click numbers.

Haha thanks guys but I think I should have worded my post better. biggrin.gif I'm just looking for sites that really boost click numbers. I use all of those sites River mentioned for raising my dragons and have done so for years, but they don't seem to provide high click numbers.

Do you use Daily Dragon Fix? Their system is based on clicking eggs and hatchlings.

I stopped using them when I started to follow the 0-click path, but I had 30 and 40+ clicks on some of my early DDF-raised babies.

Do you use Daily Dragon Fix? Their system is based on clicking eggs and hatchlings.

I stopped using them when I started to follow the 0-click path, but I had 30 and 40+ clicks on some of my early DDF-raised babies.

Ooh I'd completely overlooked that place! Thank you. smile.gif

I don't see even DDF giving the number of clicks it used to. I get maybe between 20 and 40 clicks per dragon these days, and usually on the lower side of that. I put them in at 7 days and keep them there until they are grown.

Edited by purplehaze

Yarold's give lots of clicks, but you have to give clicks back. Also it's not just for DC. I don't use it much anymore, but it works great for clicks.