Jazeki

So Your Dragons Refuse To Go Near Each Other

Out of 14 new Holiday pairs, I got 1 refusal:

Heartseeker refused his Red mate.

Disappointing but I'm sure I can find a replacement female.

Edited by Terces

Only one refusal from my new V-day dragons so far, my Heartstealing and Chrono pair... but luckily I have two sets of 2Gs for this lineage, so hopefully they can swap mates and it will all work out *fingers crossed*

Date of Refusal: 2/18/16

Time of Refusal: 3:52am Cave Time

Pairing That Refused: Both are 3G Ccheckers from White and Rosebuds, Male (3G White) x Female (3G Rosebud with Spriter Alt base)

Dragon Breeds: Male (White) x Female (Rosebud)

Extra Info: I do have an extra Rosebud (thankfully) that I can try again with the 3G White Male but will have to find another 3G White to mate with the Rosebud from Spriter alts.

Why must you refuse.....[image]

;-; dragons why..

Date of Refusal: 18-Feb-16

Time of Refusal: 10:11 AM Cave time.

Pairing That Refused: LH x Gemshard

Dragon Breeds: CB Blue Lunar Herald x CB female Blue Gemshard

Extra Info: Replacing the Gemshard will take a while if I catch one myself.

Edited by obelisk_light

I bred 6 more Valentine's pairs and got... 4 refusals. blink.gif

First my Mutamores both refused their mates, but at least they'll be easy to replace (a Terrae and a Tan Ridgewing).

Then my 2nd gen Arsani refused her mate. Not too hard to replace either.

And then those two refused each other as well. *sigh* I already have another mate lined up, but it'll probably take forever to get the right color. dry.gif

I seem to have bad luck with hybrid refusals, not too bad since they can be easily replaced but it's odd. Every other pair I've tried has never refused, which is also weird you'd think I'd get more refusals. But nope only my hybird pairs. Now to acquire another male purple.

Bred 2 more pairs, 1 refusal - Rosebud refused White.

I died a little inside. sad.gif

Oh, ouch. That sucks.

One of my CB solstices just refused my only CB male thalassa. So now I wait a week and hope that he gets along better with my other CB solstice, because I suck at catching rares.

Mutamore x spotted greenwing = refusal =\\\\\\\\\\

Other mutamore has yet to grow up to try it.

Aaaand my other mutamore just refused a spotted greenwing.

*kicks over a trashcan*

My only CB Gold refused my only male Thunder.

Isn't that great? /s

dry.gif

Now I have to get a replacement Thunder! Yay!

My CB Silver refused my only CB Valentine. sad.gif

Good thing is that I have another male CB Silver. Hope it will not refuse too...

It's taken so long to breed that Ice - of course it had to be AFTER this year's Valentine's Day that it finally worked. And for what?! He refused his mate. sad.gif

AAAAAAND back to the beginning. *sigh*

Dang it guys, why do you have to get in the way of my checkers? I guess after a streak of good luck with my Valentine mates I was due for some of this. At least the gray is easy enough to replace, since I bred her myself, but it's still disappointing.

One quick thing to those who have special CBs refusing. I know it isn't really that much of a solution, but have a look at this. Sometimes can be very useful, so I decided to share it with everyone.

It seems my tinselkin Heartstealing is too picky and don't like deadline Tinsel. Well, at least it wasn't a "real" 2G prize...

user posted image

I picked up this rude beauty from the Valentine AP. I was excited, because I had a 2G tsunami mate already bred for her.

She refused.

So I released the tsunami, and bred a new mate for her.

She refused again.

Is this supposed to be fun? Because I'm not having fun here. And I can't keep making and wasting new mates for her; I have other breeding projects to work on.

No luck with Winter Seasonals today ... got refusals from Winters with my single Wrapping Wing and my single Ribbon Dancer ...

Date of Refusal: 3/2/16

Time of Refusal: 11:15 am

Pairing That Refused: Thrashes x Gnashes

Dragon Breeds: Red

Extra Info: The first time I bred them they had a child. But now I just bred them for the second time and they suddenly refused out of the blue???

If two dragons refuse to breed, does this mean that they'll never produce another egg again even if they were compatible before? Or is the refusal just temporary?

Double check to make sure you bred the same pair this time. Are you sure it was a refusal and not a 'no interest'? Other than breeding holidays in season a refusal is supposed to be permanent, a no interest is temporary.

A refusal should not happen if they have bred successfully before.

Can you take a screen shot of your action log showing that you bred them together today?

If you can you should probably post the screenshot, and the lineage link to the offspring, over in the help thread.

Edited by Tawanda001

I am still getting over my two 2 gen Thuweds refusing - and I wonder - would there be any support for a lifting of Thuwed refusals on DC's birthday ?? Like holiday lifting of refusals ? the chances of my ever getting another 2 gen is - not high sad.gif