Jazeki

So Your Dragons Refuse To Go Near Each Other

Are some dragons simply more picky than others? I have a Spessartine who refused two or three mates in a row, whilst my other Pyralspites took on the first go (other than the ones I originally mated the picky one with).

Isn't there a page that lists recent refusals? I've been trying to find it for a while, but I can't seem to remember the correct link.

There's a spreadsheet in the OP with the number of refusals by month.

I'm so behind on updating. I'll get on that now. Thread stats updated through the month of June.

Edited by Jazeki

My 2g Black Marrow refused her Lumina mate. Not overly heartbroken since I'm not a big fan of Halloween dragons in general. And it's a fairly easy to replace.

In the past my 2g Arsina refused two Gold mates, 2g Ribbon Dancer refused Gold mate and 2g Wrapping Wing refuse Gold mate

So I'm just happy my Mistletoe didn't refuse her Gold mate -- didn't produce either but didn't refuse. xd.png

Refusals. Sigh. I have this lovely silver shimmer boy x gaia that has rejected two of his previous mates. That's (gladly) the only memorable refusal I have in mind. I've had a few others before, I think it was a couple I needed to breed a shallow water dragon? Anyway, I wish there existed some way to re-try for a breeding when a refusal happens.

A refusal between my female silver and male gaia sad.gif

When I tried to breed the dragons who are neighbored each other in scroll, I remembered half of first try ended up with refusal. This kind of try is not common though. Edited by sh20000sh

3 pairs of male Astrapi with female GW: 2 Astrapi eggs and 1 refusal

She has refused both him and him. I guess I can breed one pair anyway during the holiday, but the other Heartseeker is out of luck. dry.gif

My two second-gen Shallow Waters refused each other. Now I have to breed another 2nd gen...

I also remember getting two unrelated turpentines with Caligene parents off the AP, I influenced them to be a pair and welp, they refused.

3 pairs of male Tarantula Hawk and female Ochredrake, all z-coded: 1 refusal, 1 Tarantula (expected), 1 Ochredrake (unexpected!)

I had a CB purple pair and a 3G tinsel x CB tan ridgewing refuse. Gah!

Statistics of 9 previously untested pairs:

3 pairs of male Undine x female Guardian and 3 pairs of male Guardian and female Undine: 4 Guardian eggs, 1 Undine egg, 1 no egg

2 pairs of 2nd gen Storm Riders: 2 Storm Rider eggs

1 2nd gen Sweetling x 2nd gen Aria: 1 Aria egg

0 refusals. Gotta be lucky sometimes.

My first 2g prize grew up and of course refuses his first mate, that picky little. Nothing beats my holiday dragons and silvers though. They always refuse mates specially bred for them, sometimes multiple times. Guess my dragons are really temperamental. laugh.gif

My first 2g prize grew up and of course refuses his first mate, that picky little. Nothing beats my holiday dragons and silvers though. They always refuse mates specially bred for them, sometimes multiple times. Guess my dragons are really temperamental.  laugh.gif

Good to know I'm not alone! This pest has now refused the 3rd mate bred especially for him! dry.gif

Not exactly a refusal, but...I have this super stubborn pair of reds that have had no interest in each other at all in the last two weeks. dry.gif

I need them to breed to that I may continue my PB red lineage! I've been stuck on 4th gen for what seems like forever.

Edited by andromedae