Jazeki

So Your Dragons Refuse To Go Near Each Other

Just bred a Silver x Moonstone, used fertility on the Silver, and the pair refused. No big deal since they were both caveborns, but I was super surprised to see a refusal when I used fertility. 

I just had a refusal (yesterday or the day before) between two 2G Magikarps Shallow Water. It's no real big deal but I was still a bit miffed at getting it. lol I did not use Fertility, though. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Aqub said:

Just bred a Silver x Moonstone, used fertility on the Silver, and the pair refused. No big deal since they were both caveborns, but I was super surprised to see a refusal when I used fertility. 

Just to make sure: Did you check the Action Log to see if the fertilized and the bred Silver were indeed the same?

If so, this would be the first believable report (for me) of a refusal-despite-fertility ever since Fertility received that upgrade!

I am very surprised: neither electric nor turpentine are rare, but my pair just refused when I try to breed them

Proof that I fertilized and that they refused:866474586_ScreenShot2020-12-07at11_09_34PM.thumb.png.ea33165b0cedb8ef5319541134ff3fe3.png866137174_ScreenShot2020-12-07at11_09_20PM.thumb.png.3658f5042774b8411af721b8316e6731.png

Well I don't have another pair that I can mess with : / I was looking to see if I could, if lucky enough, get an electric egg to gift but then they didn't even breed...

Edited by Moriaty

@Moriaty Turpentines are especially difficult to breed with - it's even in their breed description! They are the only common breed who still refuse very often despite Fertility.

I just got one of those Turpfusals, too. It was a Khusa x Turpentine code pair (fortunately not a super-great-irreplaceable one), and they refused despite Fertility.

The most annoying one recently was My Zombie-Lined Storm and Deadline Grave. I am fairly certain fertility was used, I always use it prior to lineaged breeds 😕 

This was attempted prior to Halloween; basically as soon as the Storm grew up.

Its not irreplaceable, and they breed in season, but man it would have been nice to have.

This storm is so hellbent on ruining plans when I was gonna try and zomb it on Halloween it dodged XD I bet it would have revived just as a dragon if I did get it. 

I ended up getting a refusal between a Gemshard and Snow Angel last night. :rolleyes: I did not use Fertility though.

Probably my own fault since I didn't use fertility (but I only have one purple and she was on cooldown!), but my Sunsong and Sunset refused each other. Waiting to breed the Sunsong with my Sunrise to check which one of the two I need to replace. If that pairing also refuses I'm getting another Sunsong, if they don't, I'm getting another Sunset. 

Welp, just got a refusal between a CB Soulstone and CB Kingcrowne. :rolleyes: I didn't think to use Fertility. Why, you may ask? They've bred for the past two Valentines. Rude. :dry:

Used Fertility on my other CB Soulstone and their previous Valentine's Day Kingcrowne mate, thankfully they didn't refuse. But I'm still miffed with the first pair. alot

I feel like I keep getting refusals. 

I usually take pictures. And now, I just had this pair rejected each other.  Just when I thought I finally got a mate for Green Hippie...

708373717_DragonCaveRefusals-Andtheyhateeachother2021-08-19.thumb.png.aa09b925154b0fb6dce562c12bfdb6fc.png

(With my notes of how I feel about this particular refusal.)

Here are a couple others from this year:

-2021-07-06

1150632748_DragonCaveRefusals-DANGNABIT2021-07-06.thumb.jpg.576b44f58259d8188c0c22163b72a168.jpg

- 2021-07-19

1746344923_DragonCaveRefusals-OHGOSHFRICKINDANGIT2021-07-19.thumb.jpg.eb33441d5ff136398479951541a703a3.jpg

Not entirely sure this is where i want to be, but my forum searches did not yield the information i  am seeking. I've been mostly absent for the past few years. 

So when did proven breeding pairs decide they hate their old mates?! I guess I'm lucky at least i had kept a firstborn of this particular couple. 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/vrT9 

On 11/28/2020 at 5:22 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

Just to make sure: Did you check the Action Log to see if the fertilized and the bred Silver were indeed the same?

If so, this would be the first believable report (for me) of a refusal-despite-fertility ever since Fertility received that upgrade!

Ah, I had a fertility refusal some months ago. Upsetting as one of the pair was an alt lineage and the other a holiday, not easily replaceable. Wish there were some sort of Love Potion BSA to reverse it!

Just got a refusal from a Ribbon Dancer x Gold - they bred successfully once before (at Christmas). Will try them again then...

On 9/13/2022 at 6:17 PM, ToadWitch said:

Not entirely sure this is where i want to be, but my forum searches did not yield the information i  am seeking. I've been mostly absent for the past few years. 

So when did proven breeding pairs decide they hate their old mates?! I guess I'm lucky at least i had kept a firstborn of this particular couple. 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/vrT9 

Seems to me that TJ said that cannot happen - so show him proof and he might fix it ?

11 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Seems to me that TJ said that cannot happen - so show him proof and he might fix it ?

I didn't screen shot, so it's kinda what it is. Not the wholly unworse thing I suppose, if anyone in the far future decides to make a cult of them it'll be an unobtainable then  (I'd never be that cool tho lol ) ! 

On 12/2/2022 at 7:09 PM, JaneMcAsh said:

Just got a refusal from a Ribbon Dancer x Gold - they bred successfully once before (at Christmas). Will try them again then...

I had some early refusals too, but then on the holiday I could breed the rejected pair again? Perhaps though some change happened to make the holiday dragons breed anyone thing...idk...I just know it happened for a couple of my recently rejected.

2 hours ago, ToadWitch said:

I didn't screen shot, so it's kinda what it is. Not the wholly unworse thing I suppose, if anyone in the far future decides to make a cult of them it'll be an unobtainable then  (I'd never be that cool tho lol ) ! 

Next time one of the two mints are ready to breed you'll see the rejected partner listed at the bottom of the breed list and it will say rejected, you can screenshot it then to prove that the pair rejected n can no longer breed together - and then use the progeny link/screenshot to show that the exact pair had produced offspring before. You can also note that it's not a holiday in-season out-of-season thing that caused it since both dragons are mint, so it definitely shouldn't have happened.

On 12/4/2022 at 12:58 AM, Moriaty said:

Next time one of the two mints are ready to breed you'll see the rejected partner listed at the bottom of the breed list and it will say rejected, you can screenshot it then to prove that the pair rejected n can no longer breed together - and then use the progeny link/screenshot to show that the exact pair had produced offspring before. You can also note that it's not a holiday in-season out-of-season thing that caused it since both dragons are mint, so it definitely shouldn't have happened.

So I was willing to just lose the aforementioned pairing, however now I'm getting irritated and have had 2 more pairings refuse that have babies before.  

What channels do I use to show this lack of love happening? 

gideon_refuse.jpg

Holiday dragons are just like that, I'm afraid! 

Apparently there's something about the ~magic~ that makes them able to breed with rejected mates during the holiday that seems to work like a reset, so after holiday breeding they don't always 'recognize' that they've bred with that mate before, and may refuse.  (And sometimes the mate they bred with at the holiday doesn't show up at the top of the mate options list, either, just like any dragon they haven't attempted to breed with.) 

I've had it happen a number of times over the years, and have just sort of learned to check their progeny list before breeding, and if they only have holiday offspring then I make sure to apply Fertility for their first non-holiday attempt!

The good news is that you can still breed them at the holiday, so if you've building a lineage and have several pairs, you can usually work around these refusals.  (As long as you stop trying soon enough to keep some pairs in reserve!  And check progeny before breeding and use Fertility if they've never had non-holiday offspring.)

Edited by sorenna

I can't message TJ about it. I'm getting some error message about configuration or server error?

what im trying to send, bc it's not a secret :)

I was told to contact you. I've been slow about it because I knew refusals existed, but I had thought it couldn't happen to proven mates (sans holiday x holiday out of season holidays), however I've been absent and figured the rules changed and accepted it for the most part. The first was a old mint x mint.

Then I had this pair ...which was even more confusing. I bred them sometime before Valentines, they refused. During the VD breeding they bred (even with a rejected at the bottom of the list), had eggs - thought cool, whatever glitch *shrug* I bred them shortly after they were off cooldown, bc I had too for science ;) . Straight up refused again. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was.

The third pair was a Halloween x common and I can't remember nor find it atm.

Will you please chase off the gremlins messing up my tiny dragon world? Please and thank you :)

gideon.png

mintxmint.png

9 hours ago, ToadWitch said:

Then I had this pair ...which was even more confusing. I bred them sometime before Valentines, they refused. During the VD breeding they bred (even with a rejected at the bottom of the list), had eggs - thought cool, whatever glitch *shrug* I bred them shortly after they were off cooldown, bc I had too for science ;) . Straight up refused again. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was.

The third pair was a Halloween x common and I can't remember nor find it atm.

Holiday dragons always have refusals turned off for the holidays because they're guaranteed to breed their own species for that one week a year. This means that they can refuse before and after the holidays, as the guaranteed breeding does not affect their true compatibility (and doesn't use up fertility). It's not a glitch, it's deliberate, though probably confusing.

Your mint pair is definitely glitched though and like Jazeki said, you should post a help thread so TJ can inspect it, then fix and/or prevent it happening for anyone else. He keeps an eye on that section.