Jazeki

So Your Dragons Refuse To Go Near Each Other

My shadow walker refused her mate.

This stupid refusal is driving me crazy! As I don't have a CB SW and her mate is a Gemshard.

EDIT : Thanks to the kind person who offered to breed me another eggs biggrin.gif

Edited by artiuslove

Tested three new pairs toady and got two eggs and one refuse dry.gif

This is getting ridiculous mad.gif

This same Heartseeker refused his second mate. dry.gifdry.gif

My Arsini did the same thing.

Two specially bred for her mates in a row rejected. *sobs* One of whom she bred with just fine for Valentine's Day but as soon as I tried to breed an Albino for someone else...

Edited by Nimras

this Thalassa refused his intended Ice mate, good thing that I can easily replace the Thalassa, but still... could probably try to change partners, since I own another pair

jeez louise imma kick something over =\\\\\\\

Chronos x trihorn refusal (been trying for this for months, good thing i have another chronos mate bred)

Desipis x pebble

Shadow walker x sunstone

Caligene x falconiform

Caligene x golden wyvern

Desipis x colossi

Grave x falconiform

Heartseeker x trihorn

I only tried a handful of other new/"new" mates, so it was a pretty high refusal rate tonight.

I did that thing where I had forgotten about past refusals but the holiday craze had "undone" the according marking ...

So, since I'm fairly sure I hadn't reported this here before: This Shadow Walker will only ever produce Shadow Walkers with his Storm mate: http://dragcave.net/progeny/CkLhT

Since I've missed this new option, I want to ask is it permanent like forever? It can never be undone?

My female red Gemshard refused my male Striped River.

Edited by evinin

Since I've missed this new option, I want to ask is it permanent like forever? It can never be undone?

New? It's been like that for ages ...

And no, refusals between non-holiday dragons are forever sad.gif

Well, I'm 100% sure I had refusals before without any permanent consequences but if I am mistaken, is the thread interested in me counting how many successful pairs I've had for five years? This is the very first actual refusal that has happened to me.

Well, I'm 100% sure I had refusals before without any permanent consequences but if I am mistaken, is the thread interested in me counting how many successful pairs I've had for five years? This is the very first actual refusal that has happened to me.

Considering your lack of breeding in the past few years, you may have encountered your last refusal back when refusals - which have *always* been permanent - had not resulted in the according dragons being sorted to the bottom. People used to breed them over and over again and get a refusal every single time.

I had a pair of celestials refuse each other. Celestial refusals are going to be annoying given how long the wait is. Given how my other purebred pair only gave one egg, I am feeling that purebred celestials may be being discouraged by the game.

My Celestials seem to be prone to refusals, no eggs, and no interests.

Edit: Updated the current thread refusal count to Nectaris' post. And the monthly stats as well.

Edited by Jazeki

For the stats: I bred 2 Celestials without issues (to a Frill and a Striped), got 6 eggs.

Bred seven Celestials, one refusal: Male Silver x Female Celesial.

edit: Bred another 4 Celestials, one more refusal: Male Flamingo x Female Celestial.

Edited by Terces

I got busted while trying to get a 4G gold from a gold x night solstice checker. I had had them for a while and bred them to other things already, and hadn't bred any of my own stuff for like a week, but none of that prevented a refusal. I guess I used up all my luck for today when I caught my first almandine earlier.

At least I can breed it during Christmas breeding. But it will be awfully hard getting a swap, especially considering not many people like to breed with the night wings dry.gif

UGH! Out of 15 new pairs this week, I have had 5 refusals. 33% refusals. Four I can live with, though they likely cost me a really good trade. One just makes me want to cry. I had perfect 3rd gen mates from double spriter alt bases, and they refused each other. I traded some nice things to get them, too. It's been a really crappy day, and that was the extra crappy icing on the horrible cake.

Has anyone else been keeping track of rates lately? I know when I was keeping more active track, it was ranging from 15-30% average refusals. Then it dropped off for a little while (though I think that was more because I had fewer new mates or just less I could not easily replace so wasn't so bothered about it), and now it seems to be back up to ridiculous amounts, at least on my scroll.

I can't say if the refusal rate went up but it certainly feels like it! Couple years no issues, now I'm trying to breed for my lineage project(s) and I keep encountering them! No big deal when I can rebreed, but... Still super frustrating dry.gif

@Cielmiur - I always thought people preferred the night (blush/colored) wings? Either way, if this and this are unrelated to what you have & you don't mind the Alt, if you're still in need of a swap come Christmas go ahead and let me know.

@harlequinraven - not sure it's something I can help you out with, but if any of my 2nd Gens can breed & replace one of the 3Gs that refused then go ahead and let me know ^^ refusals are the worst. Go ahead and poke around my spreadsheet if you're curious.

@Cielmiur & Areous: Personally, I love the day (blue) version more when it's on its own. In lineages, both look great. I have Avatar checkers for each version (also with some refusals in there, but nothing I couldn't swap.)

@harlequinraven: The thing is, you only know what happened on your own scroll - there is no way for you to tell how many *successful* breedings happened on other people's scrolls. For instance, all my Antareans (new breed = plenty of untested pairs) have been rather nice to me. Thus, there is no way for anyone to tell "ratios" for this. You just have been particularly unlucky recently sad.gif

Luckily, I'm not too fond of Celestials. I bred two to Pyralspites (Almandine) today, and both refused.

Another breeding, also to a Pyralspite, from a few days ago resulted in several eggs. So did breeding one to a Neo, and I got one egg from Celestial x Black 10 days ago. So, from 5 attempts, I have:

2x several eggs

1x one egg

2 refusals