Jazeki

So Your Dragons Refuse To Go Near Each Other

I am still getting over my two 2 gen Thuweds refusing - and I wonder - would there be any support for a lifting of Thuwed refusals on DC's birthday ?? Like holiday lifting of refusals ? the chances of my ever getting another 2 gen is - not high sad.gif

I'd support it as I have a similar thuwed refusal, but it seems doubtful....

Date of Refusal:Day of this post

Time of Refusal: Few moments prior posting

Pairing That Refused: He x Her

Dragon Breeds: Storms

Extra Info: No Storm from this pair this week... rolleyes.gif

I got several unfortunate refusals today from spriter's alt lines. These particular pairings will never be:

Stone/Caligene x Ribbon (I don't have a CB Ribbon so I'll have to bug someone for another Stone)

Winter Magi x Silver/Caligene (that's the second Silver he's refused!)

Tinsel/Silver x Mistletoe (neither of these dragons can be replaced)

sad.gif

Edit: Thanks to the generous person who offered to breed me another Stone!

Edited by Tecca

I just tried breeding a replacement Silver from Winter Magi for you.

Guess what? They refused. I have another Silver to try, but it's a week of cooldown, of course ...

I just tried breeding a replacement Silver from Winter Magi for you.

Guess what? They refused. I have another Silver to try, but it's a week of cooldown, of course ...

I got one refusal and one no egg for the same pairing.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I got one refusal and one no egg for the same pairing.

Me too - ribbon refusal and no interest magis - but I will try again - I have MANY stones.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

THAT was an annoying refusal.

I only wanted an RB, too sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

Went to test my first CB Xeno pair for a project. It's also the only Thalassa and only female Astrapi in the base, so I can't just switch dragons around if they don't cooperate. Of course they would refuse. :T

Time to look for an Astrapi replacement.

Noooooo! sad.gif

Don't give me much hope to try him with something else. Most of my dragons refusing in the last weeks didn't just do it once!

I have 5 2nd gens from m Gold x f Marrow (3 Gold boys and 2 Marrows girls) and one of the Girls refused all 3 Golds!! And one boy refused both girls...

At least the second girl likes two of the boys (what a cold comfort). So now I'm stuck till I get another 2g Gold from Marrow or till Halloween when I can rebreed a 2g Marrow dry.gif

It might just be me but it feels like refusals got nearly common the last weeks (at least for me).

It might just be me but it feels like refusals got nearly common the last weeks (at least for me).

Yes! I was just thinking this, but then I figured it was just unlucky coincidence that I've been getting so many, many refusals. I mean, why would they be increased? Does anyone else feel like refusals are more common lately?

Yes! I was just thinking this, but then I figured it was just unlucky coincidence that I've been getting so many, many refusals. I mean, why would they be increased? Does anyone else feel like refusals are more common lately?

I definitely do. I didn't breed too many new pairs yesterday for the Targeted Mass Breeding, but there were a few - such as my Spirit Wards, which I only have 4 of. 3 of my 4 Spirit Wards refused their Caligene/Desipis mates, so good to know I won't be able to create any lineages with them out of season dry.gif Overall had something like 6 or so refusals out of my new pairings yesterday.

Other than that, I've had to rebreed several dragons in the past 2 weeks (at least 5) due to refusals. I've never seemed to have this much bad luck with it! Nothing is irreplaceable, at least, but there are a few pairings I'm looking forward to getting here soon that will be nigh impossible for me to replace and I'm very, very afraid of the r word.

Edited by Areous

I could be waaaay off base but my personal theory (based on nothing more than gut feeling for what it's worth) is that it's tied to breeding rates.The more people breeding in such and such time frame, the more refusals occur? Sort of a checks and balances thing.

I always suspected so, as I get a load more (proportionally; I have counted from time to time !) when I am breeding loads - like a few days ago when I was breeding to try and get a specific egg for someone - took me a LOT of shots - and I got 4 refusals - NOT usual for me.

What fascinates me is how it works for some individual dragons to be so VERY picky - you almost know they will refuse yet again.

That's kind of a statistics thing, don't you think? The more unproven pairs you try, the more refusals you'll get. The more dice you throw, the higher your chances at 1's.

It does seem that some dragons are pickier than others indeed. I suspect it's a value - possibly their code? - associated to them at egg laying time. In the end, only TJ knows the exact formula (which may or may not involve the breed type, too), but I believe that there is no ratio-based variable or anything the like in it, seeing that holiday/non holiday pairs that refused once before the holidays will inevitably refuse again after the holidays.

That's kind of a statistics thing, don't you think? The more unproven pairs you try, the more refusals you'll get. The more dice you throw, the higher your chances at 1's.

No - as I said - I make a note of how many refusals I get. There do seem to be a higher proportion when I'm breeding a whole bunch on one day than when breeding the same number of (unproven) pairs over several days.

I guess I had the luck you were missing then. When I bred my 120 pairs for the TMB raffle (60 in the first batch, 60 in the second), a lot of pairs were unproven, and yet I got less than a handful of refusals.

I did a mass breeding yesterday of my CB BSA's I didn't count exactly how many and actually I forgot to do my greens so I did magi, pink, purple & reds. I got 53 eggs from all 4 and only like 2-3 refusals. I did get quite a few no interests. And most of the ones I bred were new pairings since I haven't done breedings like this in a LONG time.

I did a mass breeding yesterday of my CB BSA's I didn't count exactly how many and actually I forgot to do my greens so I did magi, pink, purple & reds. I got 53 eggs from all 4 and only like 2-3 refusals. I did get quite a few no interests. And most of the ones I bred were new pairings since I haven't done breedings like this in a LONG time.

To me that's amazing that you had so few refusals. The last several weeks my refusal rate seems to be running around 1 per every 5-6 new pairs, lots of them involving holidays, sigh.

I'm not great at math but --- my theory is, say if 100 new pairs are bred in a two hour period (from all scrolls) then x% will result in refusals, perhaps one out of every twenty.

OTOH if more are bred, say 500 instead of 100 in that two hour period, then the refusal rate goes up to xx%, perhaps one of every fifteen. If that makes sense.

....and I feel like I'm always breeding while the refusal rates are higher rather than low. rolleyes.gif

for the record ( march 13) 4 new pairs tried = 1 refusal, 2 eggs, 1 no interest

(march 16) 3 new pairs = 1 refusal and 2 no interest

took nearly two and a half years to trade for a mate and.... now it's junk

http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=BTJrM

Hate is such a strong word, one I don't often use, but jeez I really have come to HATE, Hate, hate the whole idea of refusals

Edited by Tawanda001

The last several weeks my refusal rate seems to be running around 1 per every 5-6 new pairs, lots of them involving holidays, sigh.

Tried 5 new Bronze Lunar pairs yesterday and got:

1x no egg

2x refuse

2x eggs

in exact this order... dry.gif