TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

HM winner:

I think might ask for a Holly as I've never had any luck at getting one so far, or a Soulpeace

Ooh a pretty CB Soulpeace would be awesome

Reply from another users:

If you select a CB Soulpeace or other hybrid, I'm sure many of us would be more than happy to trade you Hollies next Christmas for a common egg or two from your beauty. (I know I would!)

(in terms of a CB Soulpeace)

And make for some fun lineages! ^^

IMO, hollies are easy to get now (obviously only at christmas), assuming you aren't concerned about the lineages. But obviously, if you think you want one, get one! ^^

HM winner:

It's done, I've asked for a Soulpeace smile.gif I just can't resit all the pretty lineages one could make

Me: (...................I didn't know we had Pink users here who can influence the decisions of other people.)

Don't mean to turn this into a kind of rant........ Sorry about that. Don't mean to offend/hurt anyone with the above, but some things clearly iritate me, even though I've never won any of the prizes before. My apologies in advance if this is offending/hurting anyone with the following......

I agree with you, partially, it's normal for people to want to PM winners. BUT... Can't we just PM the winners simply to congratulate them and nothing else?

I know many people want to PM winners to have a chance to get a 2nd gen prize dragon. Heck, I guess the majority of players want a 2nd gen egg. Are we responsible for wanting a low gen egg? Errr...... Those who want it, want it, right? I'm not forcing anyone to want a low-gen egg. It's all the desire (want) of that person, not someone else's.

I do agree people are not PM-ing the winners thinking they'll quite for being PM-ed.

And yes, a suggestion was made to teach new prize winners on how to deal with it all and the guide has actually already been made ( CB Prizes: A User Guide, Advice and tips for raffle winners).

I don't quite agree with you.

I was merely responding to people commenting on new(er) players winning (while they themselves were already with DC for years and never won something) and stating they hoped those people wouldn't leave soon with this being added: dry.gif . With TJ's comment in mind that some newbie prize winners left because of having been bombarded with PM's about offspring from that one prize dragon, I said (and I still stand by that point) we all have some kind of responsibility. Sure, many people want (it's your own responsibility to want something, noone's making you want something) a 2nd prize dragon, but does that mean we all have to bombard the prize winners on their first day of winning with what mounts up to about 500 pm's (or more), asking for a 2nd gen? Can't we just wait a few days or weeks perhaps before PM-ing prize winners about the offspring of the dragons, be it newbies or people who've been at DC for several years already? Can't we just give people the chance to get used to have won this prize, getting ideas as to what to do with it, etc.? Sure, in the end players themselves decide if they stay or leave, but their experience is what makes them stay or leave and I can imagine getting 500 or more PM's on day one about the prize I won could make me leave, especially if people were getting persistent, harassing, etc about wanting a 2nd gen prize dragon. That's what I mean with "we all have some kind of responsibility".

This says it all for me. Why on earth do we all want to be on a list even before the prize winner has gotten their prize themselves? That is our own responsibility.

Anyway, this is not a thing to discuss in this topic. This is all about the raffle itself and congratulating people. We've been discussing the raffle system itself and everything that's related to it (including the massive PM's I think) here and I guess it's better to continue a discussion about the PM bombarding, and the chance that people leave because of it, there.

Congrats to all winners so far. Have fun and if you're looking for more advice dealing with PM's, IOU lists, etc, please check out Amazon Warrior's guide (the lucky prize catcher with input from prize winners) here.

I don't really want to go over this all over again. I do PM winners to congratulate them. If I had something worth trading for, I'd PM them for trades as well.

There are many things in DC that made me quit for months but I don't hold them responsible. It's just bad taste, in my opinion, to blame those who didn't win and just want a chance to get a 2nd gen, of making the winners run away. And, forgive me if this is offending, but I don't think many (newbies and oldies) left because of the amount of PM's they got but because of the huge lists they created and sudden realization that breeding every week is a huge responsability that they can't handle (with my 2nd gen I felt like this).

We can't simply tell people to stop PM'ing winners for 2nd gens, "I know you didn't win but you also can't PM the winners because some of them might not handle it and then they will disappear!". You can't really expect people to not want to have a chance at a low gen. If the rates were increased, no one would get over 30 PM's about their prizes. And people got on a list before they got their eggs: Then the responsability is for both sides of the trade if we really want to hold someone responsible

edit: I'm in no way supporting harrassment of winners. Those actions should be reported to moderators.

Edited by LaHaine

Well no worries for me about being PMed for eggs or trading as yet again I didn't win.

Not that I ever got my hopes up I've never won anything can't see myself starting now. If I had won I'd have had to run out and get a lottery ticket...

*sighs*

Congrats to all the winners, I hope you get something wonderful and folk let you enjoy it.

I for one promise NOT to PM any winners and beg for eggs. I think that would be rude. I don't like begging...

I just always hope to find something nice in the AP and pray everyone else is asleep at the wheel... With my arm now broken and my internet the way it is I have no daydreams of catching anything...

But begging and bothering folk is rude. Unless they say I'll breed whatever for anyone I just don't like to bother folk. Let them enjoy their win and be happy. I'm sure they have plenty of friends and obligations.

Having never had anything really worth trading I suppose it's easy for me to say that... but Honestly even if I did have anything I would never beg for gifts.

Edited by MalagAste

I don't really want to go over this all over again. I do PM winners to congratulate them. If I had something worth trading for, I'd PM them for trades as well.
I also PM winners to congratulate them, but not for trading. I guess that's where we differ smile.gif

There are many things in DC that made me quit for months but I don't hold them responsible. It's just bad taste, in my opinion, to blame those who didn't win and just want a chance to get a 2nd gen, of making the winners run away. And, forgive me if this is offending, but I don't think many (newbies and oldies) left because of the amount of PM's they got but because of the huge lists they created and sudden realization that breeding every week is a huge responsability that they can't handle (with my 2nd gen I felt like this).
No, not offended at all smile.gif Well, I can only say what I understood from TJ in another thread (don't remember which one, so can't look for the post either....) And from what I understood some people quite because of the huge load of PM's asking for a 2nd etc.

We can't simply tell people to stop PM'ing winners for 2nd gens, "I know you didn't win but you also can't PM the winners because some of them might not handle it and then they will disappear!". You can't really expect people to not want to have a chance at a low gen. If the rates were increased, no one would get over 30 PM's about their prizes. And people got on a list before they got their eggs: Then the responsability is for both sides of the trade.

lol, I guess you've got a point in that smile.gif Our point in the raffle suggestion still stands biggrin.gif

On another note, I still don't know what I would have liked more, had I won: CB Soulpeace, CB Male frill or prize dragon. I guess it will be something to think about for this entire year and keep my fingers crossed for next year! A CB Soulpeace would be an interesting addition to my lineage project.

Edited by Sheriziya

I was one of the lucky ones to be drawn in the Raffle. I'm one of the honourable mentions. So no Prize Dragon but a dragon of my choice.

First things first I will NOT do breed requests. Sorry but I really won't. Please don't bother me with PM's.

But I'd love to talk to other Winners. See how they feel about it. I fully understand those that will remain anonymous to the forums but if one or two of you are willing to drop me a PM I'd be happy. smile.gif

I also congratulate all the other winners. smile.gif

I was one of the lucky ones to be drawn in the Raffle. I'm one of the honourable mentions. So no Prize Dragon but a dragon of my choice.

First things first I will NOT do breed requests. Sorry but I really won't. Please don't bother me with PM's.

But I'd love to talk to other Winners. See how they feel about it. I fully understand those that will remain anonymous to the forums but if one or two of you are willing to drop me a PM I'd be happy. smile.gif

I don't do PM'ing of prize winners, so I'll just say "Congrats!" right here. tongue.gif

Congrats! What did you pick, if you don't mind being asked?

Edited by prpldrgnfr

I also PM winners to congratulate them, but not for trading. I guess that's where we differ smile.gif

No, not offended at all smile.gif Well, I can only say what I understood from TJ in another thread (don't remember which one, so can't look for the post either....) And from what I understood some people quite because of the huge load of PM's asking for a 2nd etc.

lol, I guess you've got a point in that smile.gif Our point in the raffle suggestion still stands biggrin.gif

On another note, I still don't know what I would have liked more, had I won: CB Soulpeace, CB Male frill or prize dragon. I guess it will be something to think about for this entire year and keep my fingers crossed for next year! A CB Soulpeace would be an interesting addition to my lineage project.

It was possibly in the suggestions thread, I don't remember TJ posting in the other raffle threads xd.png

There's the redraw too, if winners don't answer, don't forget

@Nahala: Congratulations! What did you choose, if I may ask?

Once you have your hm choice, you should probably add that you won't do breeding requests into your signature and forum profile. Otherwise, users will probably pm you asking for requests.

And congrats!

Me: (...................I didn't know we had Pink users here who can influence the decisions of other people.)

Ha ha I guess I'm just indecisive tongue.gif a Holly was tempting but I wished I could breed my Solstice with a CB Soulpeace since I saw their adult, in the end that lineage seemed to beautiful to refuse.

Ha ha I guess I'm just indecisive tongue.gif a Holly was tempting but I wished I could breed my Solstice with a CB Soulpeace since I saw their adult, in the end that lineage seemed to beautiful to refuse.

Absolutely agreed! I LOVE the Solstice dragons, but there aren't many breeds I like the look of with them. Soulpeaces just seem so perfectly suited, though! Something about the near-pastel color scheme, and the soft gradient of the colors, and the level of detail... I hope you have lots of fun with your special dragon, and make all sorts of pretty lineages!

It's okay, maybe next year!

On another note, I love the recolor of the nebula o.o

I keep telling myself. 3rd year with nothing sad.gif

I love it also.

I was merely responding to people commenting on new(er) players winning (while they themselves were already with DC for years and never won something) and stating they hoped those people wouldn't leave soon with this being added: dry.gif . With TJ's comment in mind that some newbie prize winners left because of having been bombarded with PM's about offspring from that one prize dragon, I said (and I still stand by that point) we all have some kind of responsibility. Sure, many people want (it's your own responsibility to want something, noone's making you want something) a 2nd prize dragon, but does that mean we all have to bombard the prize winners on their first day of winning with what mounts up to about 500 pm's (or more), asking for a 2nd gen? Can't we just wait a few days or weeks perhaps before PM-ing prize winners about the offspring of the dragons, be it newbies or people who've been at DC for several years already? Can't we just give people the chance to get used to have won this prize, getting ideas as to what to do with it, etc.? Sure, in the end players themselves decide if they stay or leave, but their experience is what makes them stay or leave and I can imagine getting 500 or more PM's on day one about the prize I won could make me leave, especially if people were getting persistent, harassing, etc about wanting a 2nd gen prize dragon. That's what I mean with "we all have some kind of responsibility".

This says it all for me. Why on earth do we all want to be on a list even before the prize winner has gotten their prize themselves? That is our own responsibility.

Anyway, this is not a thing to discuss in this topic. This is all about the raffle itself and congratulating people. We've been discussing the raffle system itself and everything that's related to it (including the massive PM's I think) here and I guess it's better to continue a discussion about the PM bombarding, and the chance that people leave because of it, there.

Congrats to all winners so far. Have fun and if you're looking for more advice dealing with PM's, IOU lists, etc, please check out Amazon Warrior's guide (the lucky prize catcher with input from prize winners) here.

The people who get on lists aren't those who wait. It's those who PM first, before the new winners get bored of normal player things and only turn to prize swaps.

I waited last time and saw that all those who asked first, by and large, got on lists. I probably won't wait again.

Still no prize for me sad.gif

Well done to all those who won!

Congrats to those who won.

Another year not lucky for me... one year.

Stalk the Thuwed thread now, maybe you'll get on the list for soulpeace thuwed and be able to make super awesome lineage, wheeee! laugh.gif

Congratulations to the winners!

I didn't win this year, but maybe there's a chance with the redraws. I don't ever PM any winners unless they approach me first with a trade.

To EmmieSage: a CB soulpeace is an excellent choice! I can't wait to see how that lineage turns out.

A huge Thank You to every winner who was brave enough to tell us!

Clicking TJ's link and finding out I'd not won anything again, turned me really bitter and resentful there.

Then seeing the joy of people who did win, helped mellow me out considerably. So now my congratulations are heartfelt and I wish you so much fun with your new special dragons! Enjoy it all you can and ignore our bickering happy.gif

Congrats to all the winners!!

Thank you for this years event! It was a blast smile.gif

Congrats winners! Pick some awesome codes!

Thanks for the raffle, TJ, and thanks for giving out MORE PRIZES than before.

A huge Thank You to every winner who was brave enough to tell us!

Clicking TJ's link and finding out I'd not won anything again, turned me really bitter and resentful there.

Then seeing the joy of people who did win, helped mellow me out considerably. So now my congratulations are heartfelt and I wish you so much fun with your new special dragons! Enjoy it all you can and ignore our bickering happy.gif

I don't ignore the bickering - some of it is highly entertaining to read tongue.gif .

Though many of the recent posts have reminded me that I forgot to thank TJ and everyone else who had a hand in this year's event and raffle...And to extend my thanks to whatever the creatures of luck are in regards to me getting a win this year.