TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

I didn't win and I am envious to those who wins. Anyway congratulation. The Christmas event was fun.

I would have preferred winning a HM if I had won. The chance to have a CB holly with the code I wanted (and not have to give up a holly to keep it!) would be too great to pass up. tongue.gif

Not trying to start anything (which I always seem to unintentionally end up doing anyway...) but am I the only one who doesn't really understand the point of the "Didn't win but happy" things? I mean, to me it seems to be more like trying to cover up the sore feelings of losing. I know it has good intention, but *shrug* that's just my view.

Honestly, I think a prayer needs to go with any of those who win, because they'll need some emotional support for all the flying circus that goes along with being a winner.

...it's possible there will be a redraw if not all the winners respond in time. Just some false hope to hold on to. tongue.gif

Grabs at false hope with both hands xd.png

Well, nothing for me, but it's no big deal - didn't expect anything anyway, and at least Snow Wars was a fun event. smile.gif My best wishes to the winners!

i would like to start off by saying that though i am not among you, congrats to the winners!

i wish everyone would stop complaining about how unfair it is and how greedy CB owners are. there are more winners than ever before, but also more DC players. games are supposed to be fun and i play them to escape reality for a while. is it really worth getting upset over a few pixels?

i have been here since just after valentines day 2011 i think (if anyone cares, check my profile). i was gifted BOTH my CB silver and my CB gold. as i have no desire to collect anymore unbreedables, if i ask for them in a trade, they are to fulfill requests in a thread i mod (and i usually state that). i can't catch them to save my life. by the time i realize what they are, they are gone.

my lowest gen tinsel is 4th gen. my lowest shimmer is currently 5th gen (currently on a list for something lower). most of these were gifted or 'reasonable' trades. i have been gifting them on a few threads, although currently taking a break.

for those of you that had a rough past couple of weeks, i am truly sorry to hear that. i hope your situations improve.

Edited by spring_dragon

Thanks!! Here's another that might seem clearer, for some users...

user posted image

Actually, TJ calls it the 2013 Raffle not 2014...

Congrats to the winners.

Remember to everyone,

And before it starts

Respect the winner's RIGHT to say NO to a breeding request.

Harassment of users is Never acceptable or tolerated.

Actually, TJ calls it the 2013 Raffle not 2014...

I could change it up, if you like -- I was just going off of how most people call the prizes by the year they grew up, like 2012 Tinsels. Thoughts?

Well, I made the badges because a bunch of people mentioned wanting them.  My take on it is that there are three main reasons:

-snip-

Ta da!

Thank you for clarifying ^^"

I could change it up, if you like -- I was just going off of how most people call the prizes by the year they grew up, like 2012 Tinsels.  Thoughts?

I think it's best to put 2013, since the link was holidays13. Don't know what would be less confusing though

Edited by LaHaine

Thank you for clarifying ^^"

No problem! (and no worries, I know you weren't trying to "start something!") :-p

Am I the only one going back to the page multiple times for no reason? xd.png

Also, we could have a situation like with Luckiest Catch. You never know.

Nope, you're not xd.png

I think it's best to put 2013, since the link was holidays13. Don't know what would be less confusing though

Adjusted!...um...in theory...gotta wait for photobucket to catch up...

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Kelkelen

As my Internet is to slow to even see Golds or Silvers or Coppers on the AP, I'm not even going to think about trying for a 'maybe on the offchance' abandoned prize Dragon...

Didn't win, not surprising but slightly disappointing. But I did really enjoy the Snow Wars this year. And i'm glad to see there were a lot more prizes given out.

I'd love a Second Gen if anyone's willing to give one up *wink wink*. ;)

Congrats to every one who won! Even though I've been a member since 2008 this was my first year being able to participate in the holday events and raffle and it was a lot of fun ^ ^ I didn't win a prize but I got a beautiful snow dragon family living in an igloo that will stay on my scroll ^ ^

Don't mean to turn this into a kind of rant........ Sorry about that. Don't mean to offend/hurt anyone with the above, but some things clearly iritate me, even though I've never won any of the prizes before. My apologies in advance if this is offending/hurting anyone with the following......

It's normal for people to want to PM winners. The chances of getting a CB prize are so low that everyone then wants the closest there is to it: 2nd gen.

Are we responsible for wanting a low gen dragon? I don't think anyone PMs the newbies thinking "MUAHAHAHA he's gonna quit for sure!". It was already discussed in the suggestions thread a way to educate newbies towards ignoring or reporting a person that's harrassing them or stay away until DC calms down.

I agree with you, partially, it's normal for people to want to PM winners. BUT... Can't we just PM the winners simply to congratulate them and nothing else?

I know many people want to PM winners to have a chance to get a 2nd gen prize dragon. Heck, I guess the majority of players want a 2nd gen egg. Are we responsible for wanting a low gen egg? Errr...... Those who want it, want it, right? I'm not forcing anyone to want a low-gen egg. It's all the desire (want) of that person, not someone else's.

I do agree people are not PM-ing the winners thinking they'll quite for being PM-ed.

And yes, a suggestion was made to teach new prize winners on how to deal with it all and the guide has actually already been made ( CB Prizes: A User Guide, Advice and tips for raffle winners).

Now that thing "you didn't win but you are also responsible for the staying or leaving of the winners" is just really... Unfair. Most people got into lists for 2nd gens last year even before the winners got their eggs. Signatures with "I don't like PMs, don't PM me about my prize dragon. If you do I will ignore you." work pretty well in making people stay away.

I just don't think the solution to making winners stay relays on us, the ones that didn't win, but on the chances of winning and the amount of winners, basically on how rare the prize is.

I don't quite agree with you.

I was merely responding to people commenting on new(er) players winning (while they themselves were already with DC for years and never won something) and stating they hoped those people wouldn't leave soon with this being added: dry.gif . With TJ's comment in mind that some newbie prize winners left because of having been bombarded with PM's about offspring from that one prize dragon, I said (and I still stand by that point) we all have some kind of responsibility. Sure, many people want (it's your own responsibility to want something, noone's making you want something) a 2nd prize dragon, but does that mean we all have to bombard the prize winners on their first day of winning with what mounts up to about 500 pm's (or more), asking for a 2nd gen? Can't we just wait a few days or weeks perhaps before PM-ing prize winners about the offspring of the dragons, be it newbies or people who've been at DC for several years already? Can't we just give people the chance to get used to have won this prize, getting ideas as to what to do with it, etc.? Sure, in the end players themselves decide if they stay or leave, but their experience is what makes them stay or leave and I can imagine getting 500 or more PM's on day one about the prize I won could make me leave, especially if people were getting persistent, harassing, etc about wanting a 2nd gen prize dragon. That's what I mean with "we all have some kind of responsibility".

Most people got into lists for 2nd gens last year even before the winners got their eggs.
This says it all for me. Why on earth do we all want to be on a list even before the prize winner has gotten their prize themselves? That is our own responsibility.

Anyway, this is not a thing to discuss in this topic. This is all about the raffle itself and congratulating people. We've been discussing the raffle system itself and everything that's related to it (including the massive PM's I think) here and I guess it's better to continue a discussion about the PM bombarding, and the chance that people leave because of it, there.

Congrats to all winners so far. Have fun and if you're looking for more advice dealing with PM's, IOU lists, etc, please check out Amazon Warrior's guide (the lucky prize catcher with input from prize winners) here.

Congratulations to the new prize winners! biggrin.gif

Thank you TJ for a great Holiday event. I had a lot of fun.

I never did and never will PM or mail a Prize Winner, simply because I could never offer them anything worth a 2nd Gen.

But I do gift a lot, trade a lot, give advice in breeding threads, so I can always hope they'll remember me one day.

On the other Hand, as I stated before, to me it's more important that the prize Dragons and HM Dragons get bred, and bred nicely please. Just seeing A CB Holly bred with an Xth Gen inbred common Dragon gives me pain. Of course it's everybody's right to not breed their Dragons, to breed them to anything they want, but I just hope it will be nice stuff they do.

So and that's that from me, no more posting here, except it's really important.

Oh and by the way, if anybody chooses an 'only numbers' code for their Prize Dragon, please contact me - I'd try everything to get you a 'only numbers' Partner for a 2nd Gen (common) offspring... biggrin.gif