TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

Thank you for the update, TJ! (And for the quick link to whether one won or not!)

I did enjoy the holiday event this year.

Congratulations to all the winners! smile.gif

Congrats to the winners and I can say, I got all of my 3 2nd gen Shimmers as an gift, the owner are really nice and I just hope the new ones will be that nice to the none winners than the old ones.

They are worth  more than 20 CB golds in some cases and they can also trade for neglected dragons

... no. They are not worth 20+ CB Golds wat.

I don't think anyone has ever paid that much. And if they are, that was an awfully silly thing to do.

Yeah, these dragons are special, and if they're worth or not worth 200000 cb golds, the're defintley not worth an argument in this peaceful and friendly community, if you ask me. :-)

Too late April. When the prizes are in question, DC community becomes full of sharks.

They are worth more than 20 CB golds in some cases and they can also trade for neglected dragons

I think we can end up here about the price of 2nd gen prize dragons.It is not you who set the price,but the owners and the one who wants to trade them.

It doesn't make sence to discuss that here.

Dothe is right most 2Gs never get gifted off either they stay on the scroll or get traded off for something on their wishlist

Hmm... from personal experience, I've received, of 2nd gens:

2 shimmer gifts from a user I didn't even know

1-2 shimmers gifts from people I contacted (I offered to trade, but they wanted to gift instead - one of these was a gold owner)

1-2 gifted tinsels from people I contacted

2-4 tinsels/shimmers from relatively cheap trades i.e a single cb metal or some common dragons.

Just off the top of my head.

I definitely don't think they're all greedy. smile.gif

Considering once most get the CB Metals they may want, they'll want other things.

Mercury, right. And at least, how often do you catch/trade a cb Silver/Gold per year as an average user? One time? Two? I think maximum three times. I would need to wait like years for getting my payment. Not the right way for me.

For me I was able to catch 4 CB Metals each week when I was actively hunting, right now I'm not actively hunting due to school work so yeah. I don't really check into DC now, but on threads which I'm active on like "Question about a Trade?" (great place to go if you want info for values!) and just give my opinion. As for hunting I don't even bother for hour drops because I usually miss them atm by a few minutes, haha. x__x Oh it hurts. But yes, for some players it can take years to get. Not because they're not active enough, but more on reflexes and internet connection. smile.gif

EDIT: Yeah, 20 CB Golds is DEFINITELY NOT something anyone should trade for a 2g Shimmer. That's absolutely outrageous. .___.

Edited by Saynna

Rats, no prize again. :-) Oh well, I enjoy collecting new prize lineages, so it's all good. I'm still on a 2nd-gen tinsel list and a 2nd-gen shimmer list from nearly a year ago, so maybe one of those will come through for me this year.

Happy New Year everyone, and congrats to all the winners!

Can't wait for other time zones to wake up to potential wins and more excited players biggrin.gif

I find that the low amount of winners is unfair.

I guess it's just how it is. I would too like a huger pool of winners. More to go around and not much lists with 20+ members on the list, and I do believe there was a list with 100+ people on it, literally. Correct me if I'm wrong. ._.

Can't wait for other time zones to wake up to potential wins and more excited players biggrin.gif

Same here. None of my friends are awake. I've been dying to know if any of them won.

Me too. We have a suggestions thread for the raffle though. Hopefully TJ is reading it

I guess it's just how it is. I would too like a huger pool of winners. More to go around and not much lists with 20+ members on the list, and I do believe there was a list with 100+ people on it, literally. Correct me if I'm wrong. ._.

Yes, there is one for a Shimmer. And, it seems that the owner quit.

The number of winnes is growing.However,there are always people who won and others don't.

Yes,it's unfair,but that's DC.That's life.

Thanks for the update, TJ! smile.gif

Congrats to the winners! ^__^

Well, another year gone, again, no win. Maybe next year.

I'm just wondering, do people who've already won a prize dragon get entered again, or only those who haven't been lucky so far? Because that could, theoretically mean, that someone ends up with prize dragons from every year... >.>

Edited by Ravensilver

It shouldn't be like that though :/ Even if it's a raffle, it's just mean to have so few winners in such a big community in a game x.x And yeah there is lol

There are actually almost twice as many total winners this year (including HMs, of course) as there have been every year previously. It's better than it was. ^.^ And besides, if we all got one, they wouldn't be as special and rare, right?

Chiming in on the price discussion - which I'm not even sure why is being discussed here - I have had experiences with both ends of the spectrum. There are definitely some horribly greedy folks out there, but there are also some very generous ones. I don't think it's very fair to generalize and say all prize winners become a Grinch, lol. Many do, in fact, tie themselves all up in knots about trying to help as many people as they can to get pretty shiny babies, and they most definitely do not deserve that kind of label.

Let's get back to congratulations and thanks, eh? That's the most important part of this whole shebang, right? ^.^ Congrats again to all the lucky winners, and my thanks to everyone involved in making these wonderful events a {virtual} reality. ^.~ <3

Yes,I know that list.That's funny.