TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

Well im bummed after 5 years of playing, and completing all the events every year still no winning email.. sad.gif Oh well. Making my fort was really fun so thank you for that event. Congratz to all the lucky winners out there, maybe I can get super lucky this year and find an open gold tinsel list lol wink.gif

Well Majors, the way I see it is that you'll eventually win something! Positive probability says that a win is in your near future! Stay optimistic! :>

Whoa, that's a lot of prizes! Congrats to the winners smile.gif

(still wishing really hard that I'll get lucky next year, sigh)

Edited by cheese456

Some many prices, that's nice!

Of course I didn't win again, but the snow event was real fun biggrin.gif

So congrats to the winners!

Whoa, that's a lot of prizes! Congrats to the winners smile.gif

When you consider how many people there are, it's really not a lot of prizes. While we don't know the exact number of entries, this seems to be less than 1% of total users who entered.

I still don't understand how April has so much more requests per say than I do. I have been posting constantly ever since the thread opened up (you can probably find at least one reply from me on each page) and really the requests I got isn't even 25 compared to her 125. ._. I don't even have the "Don't PM me/List closed" in my sig. (and yeah, not interested as I will say again because I feel when I say not even 25 has requested people rush lol) I'm really hoping people aren't taking advantage of April due to her low post count because that is the only thing I can come up with on such difference in requests on each other's parts.

But yeah, April, you're doing a really good job keeping the stress down! Keep it up! smile.gif

Or maybe it's because word's got out that you said you'd claim you won regardless if you did or not ewe

I also found out that imagining you winning the raffle and what kinds of stuff you would do with the eggs, what code you would pick etc. makes it harder to accept the reality that you didn't win. I think it's cool to talk about it with other people, but it kinda sucks afterwards ^^'

Or maybe it's because word's got out that you said you'd claim you won regardless if you did or not ewe

Oooooh man! Rofl, that's awesome xd.pngD

Not a winner this year. sad.gif Oh well, there's always next.

I'm not going to PM any winners, I don't want to bother anyone. They should be able to enjoy the wonderfulness of winning and squee over their pretty new dragon in peace. Congrats to all of you! smile.gif

Congrats to the winners! c:

~Feathers

Is Saynna one of the winners? That's what i think when i see his/her posts.

Yes, but from what I understood he's not interested in trades atm?

DangerDragon, she is :-)

But I don't know what she'd won?

Uh, thanks, blah smile.gif

I also found out that imagining you winning the raffle and what kinds of stuff you would do with the eggs, what code you would pick etc. makes it harder to accept the reality that you didn't win. I think it's cool to talk about it with other people, but it kinda sucks afterwards ^^'

I avoided thinking about it for that very reason... easier to accept if you just see the lotto announcement and go "meh" without any more thought invested xd.png;;

I really wish we didn't have prize dragons. When the Tinsels first came out, trading was still sane. You could almost always get a 1:1 trade. But for some reason the Shimmers changed everything. You have to offer multiple valuable dragons just to get one, and most of us just don't have that ability. I've been playing this game for six years, and apparently I still have nothing valuable. (I happened to luck out and get a 3rd gen Shimmer, and I did manage to get a few nice trades from that, but it never breeds anymore, and the lineage probably isn't valuable by now anyway.) It's always the same group of DC players who get the really low gens and the rare lineages. The rest of us have to hope that someday the asking price will go down and we can get a fair trade.

Yahhh, I kind of feel this way, too. I mean, it's not true of every 2g Shimmer / Tinsel, at least not at the start, but things get that way pretty quickly. New winners meet their quota of CB Rares and lose interest in anything but 2gs from other Prizes / Spriter's Alts, and there's so few winners in relation to the rest of the community that it's hard enough to get on a list even when they are open. I offered 4 CB Metals (2 Gold / 2 Silver), a 2g Holly, and a 2g Thuwed respectively with no luck... and I saw people offering even more than that for days, which again suggests no use.

Whereas before, the rarest things were CB Metals, Neglecteds, and 2g Hollies... which are hard to obtain, sure, but feel possible. Anyone can catch the former or create the second, and the last ones multiclutch, so there's always a shot there, too.

Eh. I realize we can still get the sprites and such, but DC is a collecting game first and foremost, so it's always a bit sad to see nice things dangling overhead that you'll never be able to collect. X___x

user posted image

*Steals popcorn*

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Aww got back to "You're not as bubbly as April!" :'( I can be friendly.... :'( I... I really can...

Ahhh angelic, you're blowing my cover! xd.png

EDIT: Off to shower -3-

Edited by Saynna

Aww got back to "You're not as bubbly as April!" :'( I can be friendly.... :'( I... I really can...

EDIT: Off to shower -3-

That's what you get for ruining my dreams! "Yay someone responded--what no why. Poop." *Pelts you with popcorn* >:C

(Is it bad if I debated stealing your idea though? Bahaha)

B'awwww. D: *pats*

Yahhh, I kind of feel this way, too. I mean, it's not true of every 2g Shimmer / Tinsel, at least not at the start, but things get that way pretty quickly. New winners meet their quota of CB Rares and lose interest in anything but 2gs from other Prizes / Spriter's Alts, and there's so few winners in relation to the rest of the community that it's hard enough to get on a list even when they are open. I offered 4 CB Metals (2 Gold / 2 Silver), a 2g Holly, and a 2g Thuwed respectively with no luck... and I saw people offering even more than that for days, which again suggests no use.

Whereas before, the rarest things were CB Metals, Neglecteds, and 2g Hollies... which are hard to obtain, sure, but feel possible. Anyone can catch the former or create the second, and the last ones multiclutch, so there's always a shot there, too.

Eh. I realize we can still get the sprites and such, but DC is a collecting game first and foremost, so it's always a bit sad to see nice things dangling overhead that you'll never be able to collect. X___x

I got on a 2nd Gen Shimmer list by catching Speckle Throats when they were a new release. Unfortunately, that person hasn't been on in a long time and I'm probably screwed, LMAO. I really loved that line/particular Shimmer but ah. At least I know it's not always the case. ^-^; It could have just been because everyone was assuming the Speckleds were the new metallics but still.

I can understand the disappointment factor. But, there's always next year? :3

I'm not going to PM any winners, I don't want to bother anyone. They should be able to enjoy the wonderfulness of winning and squee over their pretty new dragon in peace. Congrats to all of you! smile.gif

Ha, pretty much me here. I can't bring myself to PM winners out of the blue. I might do it if they explicitly said they have open lists, but I'm not lucky enough to catch them in time. So I've just resigned myself to the fact that I probably won't get 2Gens. xd.png

I hope to see more nice EG prizes, so you people should work on that instead of just stairsteps!

I hope TJ follows the suggestion for more raffles through the year, I don't think this small increase in winners changed much at all :c

Ha, pretty much me here. I can't bring myself to PM winners out of the blue. I might do it if they explicitly said they have open lists, but I'm not lucky enough to catch them in time. So I've just resigned myself to the fact that I probably won't get 2Gens. xd.png

I hope to see more nice EG prizes, so you people should work on that instead of just stairsteps!

Same I am afraid I am bothering them if I PM them so I wait xd.png

I would love to see me some more Checkers this year wub.gif