TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

I still don't understand how April has so much more requests per say than I do. I have been posting constantly ever since the thread opened up (you can probably find at least one reply from me on each page) and really the requests I got isn't even 25 compared to her 125. ._. I don't even have the "Don't PM me/List closed" in my sig. (and yeah, not interested as I will say again because I feel when I say not even 25 has requested people rush lol) I'm really hoping people aren't taking advantage of April due to her low post count because that is the only thing I can come up with on such difference in requests on each other's parts.

But yeah, April, you're doing a really good job keeping the stress down! Keep it up! smile.gif

I still don't understand how April has so much more requests per say than I do. I have been posting constantly ever since the thread opened up (you can probably find at least one reply from me on each page) and really the requests I got isn't even 25 compared to her 125. ._. I don't even have the "Don't PM me/List closed" in my sig. (and yeah, not interested as I will say again because I feel when I say not even 25 has requested people rush lol) I'm really hoping people aren't taking advantage of April due to her low post count because that is the only thing I can come up with on such difference in requests on each other's parts.

But yeah, April, you're doing a really good job keeping the stress down! Keep it up! smile.gif

...?

Is it really that important who has more PMs?

I can gladly fill your PM box, if you'd like me to xd.png

Awww I was really hoping to win this time...

Oh well, the snow wars were fun! I'd love to see those again next year!

What if the winner doesn't answer the email?

If a winner does not select a prize within the next two weeks, lower prize winners that chose the option to upgrade will take their place.

Edit: or a redraw happens

Edited by ImHelpFul

I can gladly fill your PM box, if you'd like me to xd.png

I think you're doing a good job already. xd.png

@Danger if they don't answer in 2 weeks it goes through a "redraw". smile.gif

What if the winner doesn't answer the email?

After a certain amount of time TJ re-rolls as it were and another person is selected.

Or something like that.

Ninja ninja ninja lol.

Edited by dothefreddy

After a certain amount of time TJ re-rolls as it were and another person is selected.

Or something like that.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works unless it was changed. Last year, there was a new news thread about a redraw. :3

How is it that the people you never heard of before always manage to win, while us active people get skipped over year after year?

And seriously one of the winners won last year too. Le sigh, I still say there should be some check on activity, was hoping the second part of the fort xp would have skimmed some of the folks off who only came on at christmas, but nope.

Oh well have fun with your pms and such winners!

We all have equal small chances and it's fair like that, though it doesn't seem like it. TJ already said he won't exclude people from a raffle, so yeah. One thing I don't agree on is people who already won winning again.

I will probably be anti-raffle (nothing against the winners, in my opinion it's just an unfair thing that doesn't bring much enjoyment, after the events, and instead just brings bad feelings and rage posts ^^) if at least the breeding suggestions or the idea for more raffles through the year aren't implemented (which we will see in the next months), so join in on the train if you wish

One thing I don't agree on is people who already won winning again.

That's actually not what happened with the user y'all are referring to. I'm not going to disclose the real story, but just wanted to clear this up ^-^

Edited by Erica8798

oh the dreams i have now of redraws happening....some of us still have a chance!

....granted though i'm trying to remain positive, being that humans tend to be rather self centered..it's kinda hard not to at least think "it's not faaaaair!!" i do feel happy for the winners, i just wish i could be feeling happy for myself...^^0 oh well. maybe some day a majority of people will spontaneously quit DC, and i'll be the few remaining...THEN i'll have a chance! xd.png

Could be due to the fact that she won a gold tinsel, which (I think?) are the rarest of the CB prizes right now. I think I heard somewhere that only one of the original CB owners is still actively breeding?

I think we have a check in the raffle: The two weeks!

If you're not ative and don't choose your Prize within two weeks, you aren't getting it. That is a check for inactivity, isn't it?

Well, i PMed April while she stated that she'd still had places on her Fail list open, to say congratz and to ask about that list.

I didn't PM you or any other winner, because you made it pretty clear that you aren't interested in trading atm. So i just gave my general congratz to all the winers here in the thread.

I just don't want to spam someone who doesn't want to be bothered with hundred PMs... smile.gif

I think we have a check in the raffle: The two weeks!

If you're not ative and don't choose your Prize within two weeks, you aren't getting it. That is a check for inactivity, isn't it?

Yes. Plus participating and leveling in the event was also a good way to check for inactivity

I really wish we didn't have prize dragons. When the Tinsels first came out, trading was still sane. You could almost always get a 1:1 trade. But for some reason the Shimmers changed everything. You have to offer multiple valuable dragons just to get one, and most of us just don't have that ability. I've been playing this game for six years, and apparently I still have nothing valuable. (I happened to luck out and get a 3rd gen Shimmer, and I did manage to get a few nice trades from that, but it never breeds anymore, and the lineage probably isn't valuable by now anyway.) It's always the same group of DC players who get the really low gens and the rare lineages. The rest of us have to hope that someday the asking price will go down and we can get a fair trade.

Anyway, I'll go have some cheese with my whine and let you guys enjoy your game. I'm not liking it much anymore. Boo-hoo.

I wasn't rlly interested in shimmer trades so much till just recently, I got 2nd gen Seian x Thunder line AS A GIFT '(back in summer) which is also unique since seian owner breeds her with one of each dragon lines (except deepsea) and I'vent asked for multiple offers for it, only for swaps that are in my profile and else i've gifted most of it's offspring and so far only one of it's offspring as a trade for 1 holly egg so I'd say it pretty much is all up to the owner do they ask for multiple eggs or not.

Edited by Hisa

If I am remembering what I read, it is what April is willing to trade 2nd gens for that is attracting the volume.

Could be due to the fact that she won a gold tinsel, which (I think?) are the rarest of the CB prizes right now. I think I heard somewhere that only one of the original CB owners is still actively breeding?

-shrug- I answer a lot on "questions about a trade" so I still find it funny. I really don't think anyone matters on which prize it is as long as they get on a 2g prize so if they can increase their chances, they will. laugh.gif

But yeah, I'm going to head out and eat some breakfast. ~

EDIT: @Elayne (sorry if i got that wrong, in a rush >__<): As someone pointed out, she clearly had stated the lists were closed in her signature and I believe it was in less than an hour when she put it up. smile.gif It was the tinselfails she was still talking about though, but that got shortly locked too. x.x;

Edited by Saynna

Well im bummed after 5 years of playing, and completing all the events every year still no winning email.. sad.gif Oh well. Making my fort was really fun so thank you for that event. Congratz to all the lucky winners out there, maybe I can get super lucky this year and find an open gold tinsel list lol wink.gif

I think it's because she is bubbly and excited and sweet, at least I love watching her, so new here, not yet jaded by the DC trading scene happy.gif

It makes her seem approachable to all those people who are otherwise afraid to bother and annoy the winners.

...what? I'm a fantastic people-analyzer, can't you tell? xd.png

How many winners have said they won on forums?

I would like to ask for a 2 Gen

There have been a couple if you look back but you will have to check if anyone is taking requests etc - just be mindful about any reminders they have in their profile and signatures. If they request not to PM then dont PM wink.gif

Oh dear, that was really unfortunate.

My congratulations to the winners, and a hug to my fellows we-didn't-win-either. I can't wait to see if the Prize offsprings are going to be accessible to us this time.~

I don't think many people saw your post, I didn't read the first few posts when I found this thread lol At least I didn't understand until now that you had won, sorry! Congrats by the way!

Edited by LaHaine