TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

I really wish we didn't have prize dragons. When the Tinsels first came out, trading was still sane. You could almost always get a 1:1 trade. But for some reason the Shimmers changed everything. You have to offer multiple valuable dragons just to get one, and most of us just don't have that ability. I've been playing this game for six years, and apparently I still have nothing valuable. (I happened to luck out and get a 3rd gen Shimmer, and I did manage to get a few nice trades from that, but it never breeds anymore, and the lineage probably isn't valuable by now anyway.) It's always the same group of DC players who get the really low gens and the rare lineages. The rest of us have to hope that someday the asking price will go down and we can get a fair trade.

Anyway, I'll go have some cheese with my whine and let you guys enjoy your game. I'm not liking it much anymore. Boo-hoo.

for real though

like if you aren't one of the people on the forum with a million CB metals you may as well accept that you will never get a 2G prize or anything valuable

tbh the trade inflation makes me want to stop playing and its why i go on hiatus every month or two

Hotmail does strange things with my Junk folder, so thank you TJ for that impatient link. (Should probably change my address, nevertheless.) happy.gif

To those who won, a huge congratulations and I wish you well in wading through trades, PMs, and "no interest"s. tongue.gif As for me, I didn't win this time around. That said, I genuinely enjoyed the 'Snow Wars' event and I'm looking forward to participating in super fun events in the future. <3

for real though

like if you aren't one of the people on the forum with a million CB metals you may as well accept that you will never get a 2G prize or anything valuable

tbh the trade inflation makes me want to stop playing and its why i go on hiatus every month or two

Not really. Like it has been stated before, not all prize owners want 5000 CB metals for a 2G... I got my 2G Layla for a Horse egg.. It all depends on the person.

My actual state: No real problems. I got exactly 75 requests on 2nd gens and a not-counted bunch for Tinselfails. I answered them all, I thin, and had no problems except one a bit strange person. But nothing really scaring, no harassment, no big problems. Everybody was friendly and polite. Everybody understood when the lists were full.

I am happy with my decision to tell you about my win, I would do it again :-)

Yeah, one person was a bit strange, but one from around 125 is normal, I think, so I am happy with the way I announced it.

The PM flood was big, as you see, but not toooooo big-enough time for a short "Sorry, lists full, in my signature you can see when places are open"-answer for everybody.

Now, I need your thumbs that Silky will produce offspring well! *lol* Not that I get a "refusing-everything"-dragon... rolleyes.gif

I wish I could write you in German here but as it´s against the rules....I am happy that a Tinsel went to Schland! biggrin.gif

Not really. Like it has been stated before, not all prize owners want 5000 CB metals for a 2G... I got my 2G Layla for a Horse egg.. It all depends on the person.

tis true, tis true what is said. i got my 2nd gen bronze shimmer for a bunch of GWs...no way i'll get that lucky again though...a part of me is too scared to send a pm to any of the winners who announce themselves! though i really wish i could get a 2nd gen gold or silver to match my bronze...

it does suck for those of us who don't have hoards of rare awesome stuff..

i sincerely hope that prize winners this year will trade for better things.

better as in things the majority of the site can actually afford rather than the rich who stay rich

Edited by Princess_Pinkie

Or maybe my huge flood was because I updated regulary?

And I got a gold, and there were only 10, they were the rarest...

And of course, my list is very small, what my caused something like "OMG I need to PM her before the list is full". Now, I'm getting around 3PMs per hour or so, this morning, it was like "answered one PM-oh! four new ones!". The sinature helped a LOT.

Aw, I'm not a winner and neither are my husband and two boys. Well, congrats to everyone who did win, and it was a really fun event to play in anyway.

better as in things the majority of the site can actually afford rather than the rich who stay rich

You're contradicting yourself there. First you're saying how if you don't have the rarest dragons ever, there's no way in hell you're going to get a 2G, which implies that you want them to trade them for lesser things. But then when I give an example of how not all of them are like that, you state the opposite. What...

Maybe I'm interpreting you wrong?

The sinature helped a LOT.

It might help more if you explicitly say "no PMs"? Some people may still think that if your list is closed, that means that can ask to get on your list after the list is opened. XP

Edited by cfmtfm

You're contradicting yourself there. First you're saying how if you don't have the rarest dragons ever, there's no way in hell you're going to get a 2G, which implies that you want them to trade them for lesser things. But then when I give an example of how not all of them are like that, you state the opposite. What...

Maybe I'm interpreting you wrong?

i tried to clarify it with the second sentence lol i am hoping they trade for things like horses with nice lineages rather than a basket of CB metals that like 10 people in the forum constantly have

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic (pardon if you aren't), but it might help more if you explicitly say "no PMs". Some people may still think that if your list is closed, that means that can ask to get on your list after the list is opened. XP

I don't think she was being sarcastic ^^

A list to be on the list... That's... interesting xd.png

@ Pinkie, ahh okay that makes more sense now.

Edited by Erica8798

Did not win again this year .-. Was really hoping too but happy for the ones that won. Hopefully I can atleast get a 2nd gen this year :3

Congrats, winners~

How is it that the people you never heard of before always manage to win, while us active people get skipped over year after year?

And seriously one of the winners won last year too. Le sigh, I still say there should be some check on activity, was hoping the second part of the fort xp would have skimmed some of the folks off who only came on at christmas, but nope.

Oh well have fun with your pms and such winners!

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic (pardon if you aren't), but it might help more if you explicitly say "no PMs". Some people may still think that if your list is closed, that means that can ask to get on your list after the list is opened. XP

I don't think April is being sarcastic. I've been following it a bit and it did help, as far as I can see smile.gif

Also, she's put this in her signature:

I'll announce open slots in my signature!
Seems clear to me that there are no open spots and it's no use PM-ing for open spots. Perhaps I'm easy that way? Edited by Sheriziya

And seriously one of the winners won last year too.

Eeek, okay; that clears up the questions about whether past winners can still win. rolleyes.gif

edit: As for April's post, apologies on that. X3

Edited by cfmtfm

How is it that the people you never heard of before always manage to win, while us active people get skipped over year after year?

And seriously one of the winners won last year too. Le sigh, I still say there should be some check on activity, was hoping the second part of the fort xp would have skimmed some of the folks off who only came on at christmas, but nope.

Oh well have fun with your pms and such winners!

Well, I don't think there's a need to be snappy towards the winners - the way I see it, they just played the game like everyone else and happened to win - I think shunning the winners is part of the reason there is such stress over winning.

And there's no favoritism - otherwise the older members would be winning, yes?

We all get to keep our snow forts, which is AWESOME!

Indeed! biggrin.gif

This has all been great fun! Thank you again, TJ, and congrats to all the prize winners. I would still like to see the Gingerbread house and the Snow Fort release as downloadable games. They almost like Lego for the computer. wink.gif

I don't think she was being sarcastic ^^

A list to be on the list... That's... interesting xd.png

@ Pinkie, ahh okay that makes more sense now.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I thought it would be clear if I say "lists are full". A list for being on a list would be, kind of...strange... laugh.gif

Aaand the madness begins! xd.png

I doubt I'll get lucky enough to find a winner who no one thought to email, and wasn't asking for anything more than a few low gen Golds, but it's worth a shot right? =P

I look forward to seeing new Tinsel/Shimmer lines thrown into the mix. Can't wait to see them!

Heh, congrats to everyone who did win.

The numbers of dragons still look a little low to me, though. I mean, that's a ridiculously tiny chance of winning, given how many people there must be.