Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dry.gif

I just keep my scroll hidden around the holidays now. It's a pain to toggle on and off to post trades and use hatcheries, but it's not worth risking once-a-year eggs.

SERIOUSLY! My entire scroll just got viewbombed. A gift to me is sick, but everything else is fine. A CB Silver I was saveing to trade grew up. I know there is a person out to view bomb everyone, but why? Does making people feel bad make you happy? Know that the only thing you managed to hurt was a gift to me, and that it will most likely survive. Luckily I caught it early, but I was only away from my laptop for 10 min. I literally just found all my eggs on EaTW, Draghatch, Valley Sherwood, Silvi's Lair, and AoND. (anything else I"m missing?) I only use EaTW and Draghatch, and I entered none of my eggs in them so there was now way this couldn't have been viewbombing. I'm sorry if this seems like a rant, but I"m ticked off. I've heard about this, but I never thought it would happen to me. I'm not taking chances. My entires scroll is hidden now. I urge everyone else, take precautions against viewbombing.

Edited by pollyfirstfirst

Hm. Kinda funny. I picked up one VDay from the AP. No sign of any viewbombing. I traded for a few VDays and then my scroll was hit. I wonder if it's someone targeting forum members?

Anyway, it does sound like a good idea for people to remove their username from their dragons and hide their scrolls this VDay. Someone is apparently pretty bitter and not feeling very loved. I hope they find something fun to do during VDay for themselves and remember that they may find kindness if they might show some to others.

And Again sad.gif just woken up to Sick Olives of all things blink.gif i dont even have anything worth killing, i dont do much during holidays expect pick up the mess of the AP page xd.png but will have to hide my scroll for next 24 hours or so will be will be without internet sad.gif

I've got two mutamores sick sad.gif . I had to cancel one that was in a pending trade so I could fog it. I'll have to fog them all before I sign off. sad.gif

I don't know who's doing this but everytime I get a new egg it has 1 view, 1 unique view and 1 click. After a few hours they get 3-5 voews, unique views and clicks. I usually dont add them to hatcheries only after 1 day I caught them. My Frill egg was on all hatcheries 2 days ago also and it got sick, almost died. Please stop this. It's not getting better if you hurt our eggs

i wonder if this is why my green coppers got sick, i only use two hatcheries generally and when i was checking number of eggs i had, both coppers were sick :/

I don't know who's doing this but everytime I get a new egg it has 1 view, 1 unique view and 1 click. After a few hours they get 3-5 voews, unique views and clicks. I usually dont add them to hatcheries only after 1 day I caught them. My Frill egg was on all hatcheries 2 days ago also and it got sick, almost died. Please stop this. It's not getting better if you hurt our eggs

Sometimes it's people being curious, especially if you have things up for trade. Also bear in mind that the act of opening your scroll on some hatching sites seems to give stats as well.

I got bombed a couple of days before v-day breeding started (after I added a couple of trades to the EATW Dragonmarket), and I've had my scroll hidden for the last two days because I do have a very precious baby on my scroll at the moment and all my other eggs seemed to be attracting unwanted attention too.

I think it's partially tied to trading on EATW. Put my shimmer on there after posting in two trade threads here and suddenly an hour later, it and a sweetling that I'm planning to gift (but haven't posted anywhere) are suddenly racking up views while my heartstealer that I only just posted in a trading thread is okay for the time being. I think they assumed I went to sleep and wouldn't be able to catch it in time.

Funny thing is I wouldn't mind gifting a shimmer to the user if they just PMed me.

I think it's partially tied to trading on EATW. Put my shimmer on there after posting in two trade threads here and suddenly an hour later, it and a sweetling that I'm planning to gift (but haven't posted anywhere) are suddenly racking up views while my heartstealer that I only just posted in a trading thread is okay for the time being. I think they assumed I went to sleep and wouldn't be able to catch it in time.

Funny thing is I wouldn't mind gifting a shimmer to the user if they just PMed me.

I don't ever use EATW and I was still bombed - found my dragons in several fansites I do not use, including EATW. I don't think it's just EATW, although it could be part of it.

I don't ever use EATW and I was still bombed - found my dragons in several fansites I do not use, including EATW. I don't think it's just EATW, although it could be part of it.

That's why I said "partially tied to EATW." Although posting in this thread seems to have gotten my dragons even more attention. Now, I'm fogging the hatchlings, too. It's been a while since I've had one of those.

Me too! On a 4 hour old CB Winter of all things (well, ALL of my eggs/hatchies were in them, but they weren't new). Just found it in 5 hatcheries, none of which I put it in to. I NEVER put brand new eggies in anything. It was in EATW and I have never used that before, at all. I had to look up the URL just to check. It was also in AOND which I do use, but only in ER situations and I haven't even logged into it for days. I have "no aid" on and haven't really ever had this problem before.

But whoever it is, KNOCK IT OFF.

SERIOUSLY! My entire scroll just got viewbombed. A gift to me is sick, but everything else is fine. A CB Silver I was saveing to trade grew up. I know there is a person out to view bomb everyone, but why? Does making people feel bad make you happy? Know that the only thing you managed to hurt was a gift to me, and that it will most likely survive. Luckily I caught it early, but I was only away from my laptop for 10 min. I literally just found all my eggs on EaTW, Draghatch, Valley Sherwood, Silvi's Lair, and AoND. (anything else I"m missing?) I only use EaTW and Draghatch, and I entered none of my eggs in them so there was now way this couldn't have been viewbombing. I'm sorry if this seems like a rant, but I"m ticked off. I've heard about this, but I never thought it would happen to me. I'm not taking chances. My entires scroll is hidden now. I urge everyone else, take precautions against viewbombing.

After having my scroll hidden entirely, I just found all my eggs on Silvi's Lair and AoND, sites I haven't used this year yet. (I do now, since my eggs are ready to hatch.) I'm not going to check on the other sites you mention, since my eggs are doing great right now - probably even due to the viewbombing attack, considering they should have much lower stats with only the one hatchery I usually use. biggrin.gif

Edited by olympe

EATW puts a very low priority on sick eggs or high time eggs with a lot of views, specifically to prevent sickness. EATW should be safe, but the others don't have that.

I got viewbombed straight after posting a holiday trade couple of days ago in the holiday trading thread only, it wasn't posted anywhere else. I will not divulge details but let's just say I know who did it and it was probably because of the trade I posted. It didn't hurt me at all because all I had to do was fog everything. In general, I never leave anything I can't replace unfogged on my scroll anyway so it was wasted effort. All it did was put this person on my radar so I will be wary of them from now on.

Hm. Kinda funny. I picked up one VDay from the AP. No sign of any viewbombing. I traded for a few VDays and then my scroll was hit. I wonder if it's someone targeting forum members?

Anyway, it does sound like a good idea for people to remove their username from their dragons and hide their scrolls this VDay. Someone is apparently pretty bitter and not feeling very loved. I hope they find something fun to do during VDay for themselves and remember that they may find kindness if they might show some to others.

How do you remove your usernames from dragons? Or add them? My sick egg is good now, but everything is hidden and I've unhidden my scroll only to incubate and hatch an ER egg. Then I hid it again. I'm taking extreme precautions.

How do you remove your usernames from dragons? Or add them? My sick egg is good now, but everything is hidden and I've unhidden my scroll only to incubate and hatch an ER egg. Then I hid it again. I'm taking extreme precautions.

Go to Account -> Account Settings -> Uncheck the box next to "Display Username on Dragon Info Page:"

I believe I had one occasion where it seemed my eggs were receiving more attention than usual, and fortunately I fogged them before any of them fell ill. This was a couple years ago and an identical incident hasn't occurred since.

I do feel for those of you who have been view bombed before and it's no fun to lose precious dragons. Some really do try to help which is feasible, then there are those with a sick motive to bring misery to others which is a shame.

Just had it happen to me, and I don't even have my scroll name in my signature (it's different than my forum name).

My 3 CB Silvers and 1 CB Gold was in like 10 different sites. Good thing I caught them before they died. sad.gif

I've never been viewbombed so to speak, but a 3G Shimmer that I won a few weeks ago did receive quite a bit more attention than what I would call normal. No sickness, but it was weird. I fogged him for a few hours and that was that.

I'm glad your Metals made it through, predator.

Hurray petty people who spammed my eggs and hatchlings into sites, you have forced me to review my settings and change them to hide my scroll! It's a good thing, actually... I'll just leave them hidden for most of the time now. Good day to you~

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY ME???

I was never having problems until I started having nice things on my Scroll. Are you jealous, mystery view-bomber? Do you want that CB Gold you just tried killing? Fine. You can have it. Message me. rolleyes.gif

I was targeted once and that was a few months ago. I can't remember what I had on my scroll, but I do remember that I had contacted the person who gave me a rare egg and aksed her if she had put it in hatchery sites and she said no. I quickly started hiding any rares after that incident.

I haven't had anything serious, but this easily could have been me if I wasn't at my computer so much. Not long ago my views went through the roof, and I had to fog half my eggs because they got sick. They were only uncommons, so like I said, nothing to serious, but if they'd have been rare's it could have been a bit more worrisome.

I also got viewbombed, somehow it didn't happen during the event itself despite the viewbombing peak that was discussed here, but it did today. I had low time Valentine eggs up for trade and someone hatched them and grew the low time hatchling too, while I was away sad.gif The dragons aren't even anything that special. My scroll was in a bunch of hatcheries, most of which I don't use.