Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I never looked; I was too concerned with a high speed fog. But honestly - 2 CB waterhorses, 2 bred water horses a purple ridgie and 2 drakes ? That's just what I'd call mindless violence :lol:

Being viewbombed right now. No idea why, not even been that active.

Has to be someone with no life picking random people to add to a bunch of click sites

I got a tinsel death from viewbombing today. I've managed to fog all the others so hopefully they'll be okay but still... Why do people do this?

Same reason as they break off growing trees in parks, spraypaint ancient buildings, smash windows, and the rest. Plain nastiness coupled, probably, with boredom.

I´m also being viewbombed right now, 2 eggs that I just bred as Holiday mates are already sick and gained views without being added to a Click Site, I never had any hatchlings get sick either, now there are 2 sick that are at 5 days 10 hours, I just hid everything on my scroll, because I´m off to sleep...

To the putz who put all my growing eggs & babies into every hatchery in existence in the 2hrs I was away from my computer that I have since gone through & removed:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

YOU DIDN'T KILL ANY OF MY DRAGONS!!!XD

And for now my scroll is hidden.  So there.

Heh. I just came on to a bunch of sick eggs that I had picked up only in order to abandon this morning anyway. The stuff I plan to keep hatched safely. *shrugs*

I'm actually USING this to save myself time now. Hide everything; when I have time to sit and watch, unhide and watch the views rack up, then hide again till ready to hatch/grow up.

So whoever is doing it is wasting their time on me ;)

I lost 2 CB Silvers the other day because someone thought it would be funny to kill them, and I was at work for 10 hours with zero phone access to save them. Not to mention, these were my part of trades, so I couldn't just hide them while I was waiting for their new owners to pick them up. There really needs to be an easier way to hide/unhide our scrolls than going through the Account settings every time and putting in our passwords. Or, we get rid of sickness altogether. Because I love keeping my scroll in public view. But if it's going to be constantly attacked because I happen to have valuables on it, then what's the point? -.-'

Ward still only lasts 4 hours, and that's if I see the sickness. Especially if it happens during my work hours, I wouldn't be able to help them. For now when I'm at work, my scroll will remain hidden completely

6 hours, actually. Just saying. I think you're smart to hide your scroll when at work - but if I have something in a trade link, I WILL ward it as soon as I post/send the link. :)

I THINK if someone has your teleport link they can still see it when your scroll is hidden ? (I shall go test...)

Yes :)

Edited by fuzzbucket

Not sure if this counts - today I am being un-viewbombed instead :lol:

Someone is taking my stuff OUT of places !

Its really too bad that if we click not to accept aid, that our eggs won't show their codes or something like that when someone is looking at our scrolls. There has to be some way to make it so no one but the scroll owner can add scrolls/eggs to sites.

2 minutes ago, pixiezbite said:

There has to be some way to make it so no one but the scroll owner can add scrolls/eggs to sites.

There is. Evina's Draghatch is using it (called scroll security), but none of the others, as far as I can tell.

Even if there were, determined bombers use other sites entirely. Sigs on high traffic forums. Autorefresh sites designed for the purpose.

15 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

Not sure if this counts - today I am being un-viewbombed instead :lol:

Someone is taking my stuff OUT of places !

It happened to me, too. At the same time, my scroll was added to another hatchery which I don't use. Maybe the attacker hoped I would viewbomb myself.

On 11/20/2017 at 10:37 AM, fuzzbucket said:

Even if there were, determined bombers use other sites entirely. Sigs on high traffic forums. Autorefresh sites designed for the purpose.

There are autorefresh sites dedicated solely to viewbombing? I must be pretty out of the loop. That's horrible.

8 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

There are autorefresh sites dedicated solely to viewbombing? I must be pretty out of the loop. That's horrible.

They might actually have been dedicated to making NDs.

How can I determine if my scroll or my eggs/hatchies have been placed in a fansite? Then, how do I remove them when I didn't place them there?

@anetofstars Most click sites don't automatically add your eggs when you enter your scroll name. With those, just enter your scroll name and it'll tell you which of your dragons are already on the site. Removing dragons is a matter of un-tickng a checkbox and hitting submit.

The two I know of that automatically add your eggs, one has a checkbox you can un-tick so it won't add them automatically when you enter your scroll name. The other, Egg Drop Soup, has the manage option to view which of your dragons are on the site and remove the ones you don't want on there.

11 hours ago, Ariento said:

@anetofstars Most click sites don't automatically add your eggs when you enter your scroll name. With those, just enter your scroll name and it'll tell you which of your dragons are already on the site. Removing dragons is a matter of un-tickng a checkbox and hitting submit.

The two I know of that automatically add your eggs, one has a checkbox you can un-tick so it won't add them automatically when you enter your scroll name. The other, Egg Drop Soup, has the manage option to view which of your dragons are on the site and remove the ones you don't want on there.

Thanks for the info!

I was sitting right here at my computer just now, & some less than savory character starts viewbombing my stuff out of nowhere!  Was this because I caught that lovely Mint x Wrapping Wing hatchie in the AP just before it happened?  If so, NYAH, NYAH!  She's all mine!

'Course, this person of questionable moral fortitude caused two hatchies I was holding onto for extremely last minute trading & gifting to grow up & become subsequently useless, but at least the 2G Tinsel I'm desperate to get a last minute bloodswap for is all right.

TO THE VIEWBOMBING PUTZMASTER: You don't even deserve coal to keep warm with this holiday, let alone any nice gifts.  Freeze, you creep.  Lose all your fingers to frostbite so you can no longer try killing our innocent baby dragons.

Sincerely,

~Sunrunner