Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have one egg that is definatley being view bombed at the moment. It is a CB purple ridgewing  egg so,no breeder following the egg worried that it won't get the views. It is at 5 days and 3 hours. I usually don't put my eggs into any hatcheries until they are at 6 days and 18 hours or so, yesterday was rather busy so I haven't put it in anywhere as of yet. Normally when I do put an egg into sites I just use two of them Silvi's Lair and Valley Sherwood. Not to mention my hatchlings all seem to have more as well.

I do have the not accepting aid on.

The egg has over 4,000 views all ready and over 700 unique views.

Dragons I raised around Halloween are all under 3,000 views as adults. My hatchlings and this one egg are all ready over 4,000.

Did you get it from the AP ? A lot of people were putting eggs into hatcheries before dumping them....

Yep, getting viewbombed here, too. Eggs added into hatcheries despite knowing I didn't do it. Thankfully, these were all vampires and I always let my vamps gender how they want, so no small loss this time, and the one none-vampire is still several hours from being hatchable, so I can still influence it. But it's still annoying that someone is deliberately doing this.

Edited by SheridanCharon

I had a case recently where it would fall into MAYBE but I am unsure. I actually lost a few of my cb Halloween dragons to the incident.

I had put them in some hatcheries, so POSSIBLE they simply got too many views too quickly ( It WAS during the holiday rush, after all)... or something more malicious, I guess.

Since I myself HAD put them in some hatcheries, it is impossible to prove one way or the other; SO I sort of am inclined to give the incident the benefit of the doubt( Quite possibly my fault) and to view it as a reminder to keep a sharper watch on my eggs. I was more watchful when I caught  more eggs to replace them, you can bet!

33 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

Did you get it from the AP ? A lot of people were putting eggs into hatcheries before dumping them....

I got it from the Alpine Biome it is a common purple ridgewing egg so it isn't like someone should be disappointed because they wanted it and were hoping it would be tan. The code isn't anything too fantastic/interesting to make it wanted for the code.

Been seeing a lot of unfortunate viewbombing reports crop up in different threads, so I thought I'd put a friendly reminder here.

It is always a good idea to hide your scroll completely, fog your eggs the moment they are caught/bred, or both, especially during holiday breeding weeks or if you suspect you have a stalker. I recommend never putting your eggs in hatcheries until they're somewhere around 6d at the earliest. I don't add my eggs until they're well past ER, and usually fog them the second they hatch. It may be the uber-paranoid approach, but I have never lost an egg or hatchling to sickness thanks to my caution. Ever.

Oh what a fun surprise awaited me as I awoke this morning!😱😆

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Yep, I was view bombed.  I guess appropiately, since I must have offended someone with my dragon names.  (Long story...)

At least I caught in time, thank goodness!😄👍

Edited by jerzeeshadow

My dragons seem to be getting excessive amount of views, considering I've only put them into 2 hatcheries. I've had a couple get sick, and like above I normally wait until at least 12 hours after catching/breeding before placing them in hatcheries. During Halloween when I was helping to clear the AP, I was having to put them in 3 or 4 to get the views needed, but now it seems like they are getting too many from just 2. :S The latest two hatchies to grow up have over 7,000 views each! When normally it's around the 3,500 mark. I've taken the precaution of hiding my scroll now, just in case, and maybe change hatcheries? I usually use Silvi's Lair and Valley Sherwood. 

I think I was viewbombed last night. My Aeon egg got an excessive amount of views, and got sick. I hadn't put it into any hatcheries. Luckily it's no longer sick, but I'm just wondering what I did to piss someone off.

I've started to wonder if a bot could be adding dragons to click sites.  Or maybe somehow initiating high numbers of views.  As I said about two posts above me, I woke up and saw most of my scroll was sick😳.  But the real shock was the lowly little cb whiptail, he got 20,000+ views!  How'd that happen?!😆

@Fandom Addict Silvi's Lair is now giving 640 views and 200 UVs per 24 hours and Valley Sherwood 250 views and 100 UVs per 24 hours. Measured from 11 am 8th November to 11 am 9th November. I started to monitor traffic in hatcheries since I get gold trophy.

@jerzeeshadow If I count AoND, DragHatch, EATW, Egg Drop Soup, Hatching Club, Silvi's and Valley together, it makes 5300 views and 1200 UVs per 24 hours (not counting emergency rooms). I seems to me that the biggest danger are low time eggs which are not removed from emergency rooms after they hatch (and fresh eggs put into 2 or more hatcheries). Luckily for me I was never viewbombed that hard to get 20,000 views in a few hours - but that also means I know only little about getting so many views.

I can't imagine how upset I'd be if one of my babies died. My possible viewbombing was an annoyance only, thankfully. No one got sick, just grew up unexpectedly.

My last two Omen Hatchlings, who I'd very purposefully kept at lower views, mysteriously ended up on click sites and got enough views to gender and grow up yesterday. It was shortly after I'd offered them on a trade and then also made a few unrelated trade offers on things. Could have been my error, could have been an honest mistake by a friendly, and it was relatively minor in the scheme of things, but still made me look a bit askance at all of those trades. 

I like people being able to look through my dragons, so hiding my scroll isn't a regular thing for me. I do keep my eggs fogged for the first day but that's mostly so *I* don't accidentally add them to a click site while I'm hatching something else. I'll for sure be hiding my scroll next time I have something of value or interest that I can't fog, though. I'm also investing in Bolts. 

I've had low-times things get thrown into hatcheries after I post in trade threads, several times. I'd say it's competition sabotaging competing trade attempts or just meanness.

19 minutes ago, Vhale said:

I've had low-times things get thrown into hatcheries after I post in trade threads, several times. I'd say it's competition sabotaging competing trade attempts or just meanness.

Same here. I've had a number of things (even higher time eggs and hatchies) added to hatcheries after I post that they are available to trade. The don't have many unique views, so I'm sure it's the same users doing it over and over. I keep a good eye on my dragons, so thankfully nothing has happened yet. 

Someone seemed to be really upset over missing this Ice I've caught instead. I woke up to it dead, two eggs and a hatchie sick but alive. I couldn't hide things last night for certain reasons so I assume the viewbomber knew what was up... slow clap

I was viewbombed for the first time during this year's Halloween. Usually I don't put eggs over 5 to 4 days in hatcheries during events, and I only ever use EATW and Valley Sherwood (with sometimes the help of AoND if I need results really fast).

This time, when I realized just how many views everything had, including the newer eggs, I looked around - and found all my eggs and hatchies in a multitude of click sites (some of which I'd never heard about). I was really thankful for that list of click sites here in the forums, otherwise I'd have not even known where to look to get them out again.

After that I fogged everything until it was ready to hatch/grow up (which was annoying, because I had 15+ growing things at that time), and after that could go back to business as usual, thankfully, because the view bomber wasn't interested in me, specifically.

I think during events there are people just going through the event thread in the news, picking (mostly random) people that have their scroll linked, and viewbomb them. Those persons must have quite some issues in real life, I guess, if that's their idea of having fun or feeling powerful.

I didn't post about being viewbombed at that time, because I thought that might probably catch the attention of the random view bomber again, and during holiday breeding I don't have the time for such stupidity. :rolleyes:

Of course there are other kinds of view bombing (to kill trading competition, or out of personal spite), which I think just as bad, but thankfully I was never targeted by those.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I was bombed for the first time in YEARS last night. Quite extraordinary - I have a lot of fairly new waterhorses and drakes for lineages; no jealousy thing there; I must really have annoyed someone... :lol:

Or, as LP says, it was a random thing.

ETA GREAT. Fogged as soon as I found out - but 2 CB waterhorse eggs have since died... I mean - WATERHORSES ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

I was also viewbombed last night! Good thing I caught it early, fogged the two sick eggs and hid my scroll.

This is why I always hide my scroll while I'm away or sleeping. 

I'm sorry to anyone whose eggies died. :( 

Edited by deja

Three of mine have now died so far. I PRAY for the survival of one in particular... the rest are more easily replaced.

I do usually hide my scroll at night... I was getting trusting again. I hope yours live, deja - I fogged mine at once - but they are now going down like skittles :(

4 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

Three of mine have now died so far. I PRAY for the survival of one in particular... the rest are more easily replaced.

I do usually hide my scroll at night... I was getting trusting again. I hope yours live, deja - I fogged mine at once - but they are now going down like skittles :(

that awful! :( Did you try using ward? Maybe it could help.

Good grief - I completely forgot about that. Warded the lot. THANKS ! At least the vital one is OK thus far. And you can ward fogged eggs - that is fantastic.

I probably love you ! They were all new last night, so vulnerable.

@deja and @fuzzbucket were yours on EATW? I put a zyu up for trade and went back to sleep and when I woke up a few hours later, the egg was at 500+ views and counting. I hadn't added it to any hatcheries either. 

I hadn't anything up anywhere. But I fogged before I checked; the only one that keeps them when fogged is silvi's and they weren't there. I lost 4, but saved three with Ward (BLESS you deja) including the real killer - one of those WOW AT LAST I get the breed that is usually recessive !

1600 views and 2 to 300 UVs in less than 10 hours. And I hadn't put them anywhere; I don't till they have been with me for at least 24 hours.

It was on eatw,aond, valley, maybe some more i forgot.... It was also a zyum I got in a thread, and one cheese... @Jazeki