Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think I may have been viewbombed earlier this weekend. I found all four of my eggs and two hatchlings sick and posted on some hatchsites I didn't use (I only use AoND and EATW, and sometimes DragHatch.) sad.gif

Luckily I fogged them fast enough that none of them died. The hatchlings grew up fine and the eggs all hatched and haven't gotten sick since. So I got lucky, because that situation could have been far worse for me.

They weren't even particularily special eggs or anything, just some CB whites, a black, and a couple pinks. I'm also new to the website, I've only been on for around two weeks, so I have no clue why I would be a target.

Your particular case may not have been malicious. I notice that you have your scroll set up to accept aid. So someone might have seen you're new and might just have been trying to help you...

To the person or persons who added my eggs to Valley Sherwood. DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!! I do NOT need help raising my dragons! I do NOT have Aid turned on. So I would appreciate it if whomever is doing this would mind their own business!!!!!

user posted image

That looks just like my little rescue cat

that I bottle fed every 2 hours for 4 weeks.

If his little stare doesn't guilt viewbombers,

nothing will.

cool.gif

I noticed that within the last day all of my eggs have gotten sick, which previously only happened once to one egg. I just started using a new hatchery and have no clue if it's from that particular site or if I inadvertently have my scroll as needing aid? How do I check that? I already have my eggs fogged

Edited by Alakime

I noticed that within the last day all of my eggs have gotten sick, which previously only happened once to one egg. I just started using a new hatchery and have no clue if it's from that particular site or if I inadvertently have my scroll as needing aid? How do I check that? I already have my eggs fogged

Account -> Account Settings

Accept aid from others:

Checking this option will give others permission to post your eggs and hatchlings in order to help them grow.

Hope your eggs are okay! Fansites can sometimes also get extra attention on new releases, so it's one time I really make sure to wait 24 hours before adding my eggs. ^^

Account -> Account Settings

Hope your eggs are okay! Fansites can sometimes also get extra attention on new releases, so it's one time I really make sure to wait 24 hours before adding my eggs. ^^

Thank you! smile.gif

I now know and will try to wait a little bit before putting them in sites too. I looked on my account and I didn't have the aid box checked, so it must be the new release and putting them into hatcheries too soon.

When I went to add my eggs to Silvi's just now, I found that my SGW and Chrono hatchies were already in there. unsure.gif Odd. I'm 95% sure I didn't do it myself when going to sleep. I very seldom use anything but AoND and EATW.

Everyone's fine and it doesn't look like a serious attempt at viewbombing, but I'm still a little perturbed.

When I went to add my eggs to Silvi's just now, I found that my SGW and Chrono hatchies were already in there. unsure.gif Odd. I'm 95% sure I didn't do it myself when going to sleep. I very seldom use anything but AoND and EATW.

Everyone's fine and it doesn't look like a serious attempt at viewbombing, but I'm still a little perturbed.

Were they trades? I've noticed that if a user lists their eggs on Silvi's and trades them, they remain on the site even after changing scrolls. The Dragon Breeders' Cave does that also, and DragHatch I think?

Were they trades? I've noticed that if a user lists their eggs on Silvi's and trades them, they remain on the site even after changing scrolls. The Dragon Breeders' Cave does that also, and DragHatch I think?

Nope, all self-bred project stuff. Oh well, they're fine and will grow up shortly anyway.

But I've learned that hiding scrolls during a new release is a good idea. Better safe than sorry, especially with eggs this fragile!

I have a feeling the viewbomber is either a newbie or someone with very bad/slow internet who can't catch eggs and is full of envy of others ~ or they clicked on the new release egg but got the message it was taken by someone else already and followed the egg code to find the scroll it went to and then target it rolleyes.gif

some idiot keeps putting my scroll on EATW, has happened for the last few weeks almost every other day - especially now with my newly bred PB Silvers, I could scratch their eyes out... mad.gif

I've been hit twice in the last month, both resulting in eggs hatching before I could get them influenced and I KNOW it's not me due to other circumstances (like the recent one was only in one of the two hatcheries I use, and I never use only one), and of course, the vast majority misgendered. What's particularly annoying is that both attacks happened about the same time of the month (21st June and 28th July). Could be co-incidence, but I don't think so.

Someone added my scroll to Allure of NDs, good thing I noticed it quickly and took it down. Now it seems like it may be somewhere else also, but I've been combing through every fansite but none seem to match. 

9 hours ago, HeDy said:

Someone added my scroll to Allure of NDs, good thing I noticed it quickly and took it down. Now it seems like it may be somewhere else also, but I've been combing through every fansite but none seem to match. 

I just went to AoND to add my ERs to the ER and caught someone added ALL my draggies there - weird. And not very effective since I caught it within an hour or less (judging by the stats). I just wonder why? I have only selfbred stuff there atm (with the exception of one second gen PB Purple who is already gendered and pretty much save).

Just got hit today :) eatw, aond, draghatch. Jokes on 'em though, saved me the time of doing it myself! (y)

Edit: Ooo 2nd time today, someones a little upset :D

Edited by Ghost

Someone removed my hatchlings from DragHatch, added my eggs to DragHatch and added my scroll to Valley Sherwood. Luckily, these are "low traffic" hatcheries, so no harm was done.

Once again, some little c**** decided to "help" my deliberately-low-time dragons and I only just noticed today, by which point they were hatched uninfluenced. One will thankfully gender right, but the other won't and thus is now glorified freeze/zombie fodder. -_-

Edit Oct/21 - And right on schedule, it happened again this month.

Edited by SheridanCharon

Ever since I got my Halloween eggs, they've been getting viewbombed. I've found them in 3 click sites and I'm sure if I didn't fog them before going to sleep, they'd all be dead by now. 

Not sure if I was viewbombed or not, seeing as what get sick isnt exactly anything special and I'm not really active here anymore, but:

When i went to check my scroll I had the sickness warning(I havent seen that, since, like, 2015) for one of my Witchlight hatchlings, with another not far behind it.

I added all my eggs to the same sites, and i know they werent gaining views before i did that. The sick one had 16k views, the other had 14k; the next highest had 4k, 10,000 less. All of them had similar unique views, though. :/

5 hours ago, Draco Knight said:

Not sure if I was viewbombed or not, seeing as what get sick isnt exactly anything special and I'm not really active here anymore, but:

When i went to check my scroll I had the sickness warning(I havent seen that, since, like, 2015) for one of my Witchlight hatchlings, with another not far behind it.

I added all my eggs to the same sites, and i know they werent gaining views before i did that. The sick one had 16k views, the other had 14k; the next highest had 4k, 10,000 less. All of them had similar unique views, though. :/

Depending on which sites, it may not have been viewbombing. For example Allure of Neglected Dragons has been buggy for about a week, and ERs aren't getting taken out of the ERs automatically when they hatch, so they are getting too many views and getting sick. Also, it's Halloween-time, and holidays always get a ton more activity on the hatcheries, which means dragons getting sick easier because so many more people are using them.

1 hour ago, Marie19R said:

Depending on which sites, it may not have been viewbombing. For example Allure of Neglected Dragons has been buggy for about a week, and ERs aren't getting taken out of the ERs automatically when they hatch, so they are getting too many views and getting sick. Also, it's Halloween-time, and holidays always get a ton more activity on the hatcheries, which means dragons getting sick easier because so many more people are using them.

Thats why I wasnt really sure one way or the other, if it was an accident or not.

I added those two the same time as six others, and none of them ended up like they did. Since they all had similar UVs, but the general views jump from 4k right to 14k and 16k. It could have just been bad luck.

I un-hid my scroll for the first time since joining DC, and just so happened to catch my very first CB cheese all on my own. It is now dead with over 4k views from god knows what, I never added my scroll to any hatcheries. I had hidden my eggs last night, but it wasn't enough. Putting my scroll back on private now. I'm so bitter.

Edited by MagnusMango

I just opened Dragcave to see one of my eggs sick. I didn't put it in any hatcheries.

I suppose it was put there due to the fact it had a nice code (I did share it on Dragon Codes 2.0)

edit: second time it got sick, also another 2 eggs got sick later. I've had enough so I hid my scroll and no longet displaying my scroll name on the dragons. Dear whoever does this, not nice.

Edited by arthemis