Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh! I didn't know this thread existed...

But I lost a 3rd gen. Shimmer, a gifted egg, and my personally bred magelight just a few days ago... censorkip.gif -_______- dry.gif

So, everytime I have something nice on my scroll it gets viewbombed. I have to watch it and fog it if I'm away from my computer for any length of time. So usually I fog everything, I don't take any chances. BUT..... the olive eggs I have for part of a trade are viewbombed? Seriously? What the frak is up with that?

While I thankfully have yet to be viewbombed again myself, especially since after last time I always fog my eggs for the first 24-48 hours (depending on if I plan on trading them or not), but I do find it a bit odd that this latest spike - and an increase in bad behaviour in general - started roughly about the same time as Valentine's and got worse after the drama...Most likely just me thinking too much over a coincidence.

Edited by CharonDusk

It seems to be people who gift who are being particularly targeted just now sad.gif

It seems to be people who gift who are being particularly targeted just now sad.gif

This is true. I had shimmers up for trade and quickly shifted them over to the departure thread to give them away and they skyrocketed in views. There was an anon user in the thread at the time.

One is currently fogged and still needs a home if anyone is interested.

Edited by Jazeki

After what happened to PF4 and TheDragoness, and now Cellybean and those gifting in the new release thread, I can't help but feel it's the same person(s)...

... or people.... I'm being done too, now. Which is fine at the moment - I have an egg on CD I WANT to kill, so... laugh.gif

Played skyrim for a few hours, came back to find everything sick with one with just above 15 thousand views.

Had 5 prize up for trade yesterday only in EATW came back and found all sick, found scroll had been added to numerous sites sad.gif luckily i caught them all in time few hours in a fog ball now fine again

Someone done same thing last year i found out whoit was, still have the evidence, (well known person) it was, reported but nothing came of it sad.gif

Oh I just found this thread. Sometimes I'm get viewbombed just after putting up my stuffs for trade in EATW. Fortunately I didn't lost any egg(s) recently, as I usually catch them before they die. rolleyes.gif

So... it seems that I am being vievbombed right now, I suppose it is because of a gift that I decided to leave on the Departures thread. I've never been in this situation, someone just added all my eggs to AOND, that's what I am sure of, but how to find out whether my dragons are on ther fansites?

mad.gif

Aaand my own dergs got sick as well. Oddly enough, they are not even new releases. What. Why. I better go ahead and hide the most important things, I usually don't have problems with sick dragons but... just in case... <.<

This is making me very nervous... all I have right now are some eggs I plan to freeze when they hatch and some of the new release hatchlings, but I'll make sure to hide my scroll when I leave for work tonight. I don't want to come back to dead things on my scroll...

I have some dragons that are a very good target for viewbombing but I hid my scroll name & scroll so I think I'm alright???

I remember when I had some dragons from SA's and when I wanted to add other dragons I had in ER at that time I found them gendered (they were hatchies) & added to at least 3 hatcheries??? Luckily they didn't get sick,,, failed attempt I guess?

So... it seems that I am being vievbombed right now, I suppose it is because of a gift that I decided to leave on the Departures thread. I've never been in this situation, someone just added all my eggs to AOND, that's what I am sure of, but how to find out whether my dragons are on ther fansites?

mad.gif

Simply add your username to all fansites from dragcave wiki fansites page and check to see if the eggs are already ticked there and remove them from there before hiding scroll. Or simply hide scroll and fog everything. That will remove them from everywhere in couple of hours, except Silvi, from where you can remove them manually. Just make sure to mark "auto add on" as "off" on valley sherwood before pressing enter, if you want to find out if they were already on site.

I have some dragons that are a very good target for viewbombing but I hid my scroll name & scroll so I think I'm alright???

I remember when I had some dragons from SA's and when I wanted to add other dragons I had in ER at that time I found them gendered (they were hatchies) & added to at least 3 hatcheries??? Luckily they didn't get sick,,, failed attempt I guess?

You can fog any eggs that are still gaining unusual views or already have high views, this will remove them from all hatcheries as hatcheries have automated scripts to remove fogged eggs/hatchies every 1 hour.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I've never ever been viewbombed in all my years on Dragon Cave.

~Insinuations of which user viewbombed you removed. If you have any proof, please bring it to TJ or the mods. Viewbombing is against site terms and can be taken care of if there's proof.~

AND I'D NEVER STUMBLE SO LOW TO ADD ANYBODY'S EGGS TO CLICKSITES!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Lots of ugliness going around. Possibly targeted, possibly random opportunity on anyone who posts and has a visible scroll.

I always hide my scroll during releases and holidays, just in case. And pretties always stay fogged until <5 days. Avoid the heartbreak, guys, and guard your eggies.

I turn around for an hour, come back from the gym and what do I see - three eggs sick. Again. What.

user posted image

I don't know, man... if some kitty magic won't help to cure this madness, then nothing will :'D

Somebody put the new blue crystal eggs I caught into DragHatch.

I caught them to give them away to people in the DragCave Facebook group.

They aren't even old enough to teleport.

I fog my eggs and hatchies whenever I'm away from my scroll, because I have been viewbombed before but this is getting ridiculous. I'm glad I was catching AP eggs and hatching them so I was checking my scroll frequently. When I saw the numbers going up I checked hatcheries I don't use, and sure enough, there were my little hatchies and eggs.

I wish the pathetic losers who view bomb would get a life already.

Edited by StormBirdRising

I think I may have been viewbombed earlier this weekend. I found all four of my eggs and two hatchlings sick and posted on some hatchsites I didn't use (I only use AoND and EATW, and sometimes DragHatch.) sad.gif

Luckily I fogged them fast enough that none of them died. The hatchlings grew up fine and the eggs all hatched and haven't gotten sick since. So I got lucky, because that situation could have been far worse for me.

They weren't even particularily special eggs or anything, just some CB whites, a black, and a couple pinks. I'm also new to the website, I've only been on for around two weeks, so I have no clue why I would be a target.

Edited by LavenderLullabies

I turn around for an hour, come back from the gym and what do I see - three eggs sick. Again. What.

user posted image

I don't know, man... if some kitty magic won't help to cure this madness, then nothing will :'D

I need kitty magic to stop some cheap clowns from continuing to view bomb my dragons. so pathetic perhaps they can save a few dollars and buy themselves a life ****yawn****

Edited by StormBirdRising