Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's really no reason to leave rares fogged constantly unless you plan on trading them. It just makes them take longer to hatch (leaving you egg-locked for longer) and deprives you of the ability to enjoy them while they're growing. DC wouldn't be nearly as fun for me if I couldn't see the cute little eggs and hatchlings on my scroll. :3

A friend of mine told me, the views on her eggs and hatchlings got an extreme raise in views after she had made an offer on a trade in the trade forums...

Are there traders who just put somebody else's scroll in hatching sites, to see gender for example?

If I plan on trading something, I keep views low so the other side still has a chance to influence...

I've been getting a weird thing lately--one of my eggs will get sick, just one. I fog it for an hour, it's fine. not rares--had it happen to a seasonal, a Howler, and a Hooktalon. I've been using the same sites I've always used. I doubt it's deliberate, but I'm darned if I can figure out how it keeps happening. increased views on hatchery sites because of the ongoing Lunar Herald release, maybe?

I've been getting a weird thing lately--one of my eggs will get sick, just one. I fog it for an hour, it's fine. not rares--had it happen to a seasonal, a Howler, and a Hooktalon. I've been using the same sites I've always used. I doubt it's deliberate, but I'm darned if I can figure out how it keeps happening. increased views on hatchery sites because of the ongoing Lunar Herald release, maybe?

Probably so. My grey egg has 4d2h left, and it got sick for some reason. I'm writing it up to increased hatchery usage.

ok you should probably unfog them around the 2-3 day mark so they don't die if the attacker means buisness even four days could be deadly

when ever i get a rare (like a CB silver) i fog them until they are about 3 days then add them and watch them like a HAWK refreshing until they hatch if they show one sign of sickness back into the fog!

I'm glad I read this.

I fogged 4 hatchies yesterday,

they were getting too many views too fast.

Now I find another 2 sick hatchies.

I'm waiting until less than 4 days to unfog them.

This viewbombing thing, it's just wrong.

I had 3 eggs in transfers so I could gift them to 3 different people.

I fogged them up to 6d 19h (the time where they can be teleported or abandoned). I unfog, set them on links, and send the PMs containing one link to each person.

Maybe half an hour or less has passed and they have already gained 500+ Views, 50+ UVs and a few clicks. I found them entered on several sites and I did NOT enter them there.

I had to hide my scroll...;_; I hate hiding my scroll sometimes. I get breeding requests from time to time and people like to look at my dragons too.

All three eggs got sick and one is still sick.

I hope whoever is doing this will stop.

Edited by Stellaluna22

I think I might have to start hiding my scroll

AGAIN.

This viewbombing hasn't happened to me in a while,

but when it happened before I had no choice but to hide my scroll.

Last time it happened, I had checked my scroll,

everything was okay.

I couldn't have been gone for more than 20 minutes,

I just went to get a cup of coffee from the machine,

I came back, to log out of the computer,

and there were over 6000 views on some of my hatchies.

Good thing I checked before I logged off.

I hid it for a while, looks like I'll be hiding it again.

cool.gif

Maybe I mentioned it earlier, but I was viewbombed once and it killed my ultraviolet and two caveborn xenos. I also had a thunder egg that I gifted later on and it was the only one that stayed alive in the attack. sad.gif Since then I leave nothing to casualties. I make sure to hide EVERYTHING on my scroll before I go to sleep or walk out of the house UNLESS it's old enough to not be affected. And as for things I want to gift and therefore can't fog, I might consider hiding my scroll while I'm away.

I was view bombed last night all my silver lunar eggs dead.I can hunt again but that is not the point we all work hard in getting these eggs. Some players think it funny to view bomb otheir's scrolls they do not think how it would be if they had it done to them.

I've never been viewbombed, luckily. I keep my scroll unhidden and completely out there, yet I've never been a target. Hmmm maybe after this post that will change sleep.gif

For anyone being viewbombed - hide your scroll and turn off your scrollname on view pages. It'll become impossible to tell what you have on your scroll or if a given egg is yours. It'll totally wreck any targeted viewbombers.

For anyone being viewbombed - hide your scroll and turn off your scrollname on view pages. It'll become impossible to tell what you have on your scroll or if a given egg is yours. It'll totally wreck any targeted viewbombers.

On top of that... it is also good practice to fog eggs as soon as caught. For some reason, there are individuals that get upset at missing eggs and view-bomb codes.

Good advice.

thumbs_up.png

cool.gif

When I got gifted my beautiful Shimmer, she was already 2 or 3 days old. She had barely any views and I hadn't been posting much so nobody really saw my scroll.

I had never owned such a rare and beautiful dragon before and a couple more days after she'd been on my scroll, I consulted the previous owner about what to do to get her views. I don't use those incubator site things but I think they posted her on a few for me. I was so happy because she grew up just in time.

Views are going well right now, all my eggs hatched and I think everyone will grow up successfully. biggrin.gif

MaskedDeath, you /need/ to use hatcheries if you have any hope of actually raising dragons on this site.

I've just been viewbombed... I've lost a silver, two red and a white striped (these three bred by me, so patience; I'm just sorry for the people I bred them for) and had a gold lunar herald at 12k views, with all my other hatchling. Thanksfully, the hatchies are still alive! I've been my scroll visibile because of the TGT listings: most of gifting threads require that, but in almost a year I've never been viewbombed O.o and the only post I've made was that I took that gifted silver and the other post in which I offered a Carmine and a Striped... unsure.gif

I've never been view-bombed before. I just caught a few Uncommon/Rare eggs not more than 15 minutes ago, and when I went to enter some of my low-time eggs into the hatcheries, my freshly-caught CBs were…already added? I knew for a fact that I didn't add them. Well, I guess I'm going to go turn off the ability to view from the view pages. Sigh I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. :/

MaskedDeath, you /need/ to use hatcheries if you have any hope of actually raising dragons on this site.

Well I have a scroll of grown dragons with some hatchies that are doing quite well, and I've never used a hatchery...

Someone just view bombed me. My eggs last night got sick but i wasn't to worried but I just logged on and ALL of my hatchies and eggs are sick.

Well I have a scroll of grown dragons with some hatchies that are doing quite well, and I've never used a hatchery...

Still you should use them just to make sure they'll grow up in time. smile.gif And avoid the anxiety if they'll grow up for sure, but not to early, of course. biggrin.gif

I can't believe how many viewbombings have occured lately! I think it's getting worse each day.

I was randomly clicking things on Silvi's Lair - I don't use it myself, but I like helping eggs there - when I stumbled upon a hatchling whose father was named Fior di Fico. It was - surprise, surprise - my own hatchling, posted on EATW and nowhere else.

My reaction was more or less You! What the hell are you doing here??? blink.gif

A quick check revealed a sick Astrapi (TGT gift, whose death would cost me a ban) and ALL my growing dragons stuck on Silvi's site and GoN only knows on which other sites. I'm not amused. dry.gif

I just lost a precious thunder to it, I was planning on gifting it to someone, and I have 3 CB things as intended mates/trades and THEY'RE sick and I don't know how long it's been and I KNOW I put them nowhere but I'm EVERYWHERE.

*collapses and sobs*

Edited by EmmaD333

when we first started collecting dragons ..

the viewbombing was malicious and outrageous

and, sadly, unknown and unnoticed by me until it was pointed out that the little one was quite ill

my poor wee Sunrise received well over 27,000 views ...and succumbed xd.png

I shall never understand who, how or why ... and it still aches a bit

as a former Dragon Nanny to several scrolls, the mindset to do such a thing is beyond my understanding ...

there are so many beautiful collections ... a shame that a few spoil viewing them all

maybe one day ... a way can be found to stop and remove these malicious offenders