Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not in this case.

Views  6,595

unique views  453

clicks    1

Too big of a discrepancy between views and unique views to be an accidental event.

As I said,

If the hatchery cannot provide the egg with a lot of unique views (like the EATW tends to do, for example), eventually it compensates that lack with a ton of overalls, which is why, I guess, your hatchling had 6k OVs.

smile.gif

I've had a bunch with the same stats, ER'd by me. If they didn't manage to get 700-800 unique views and had less, they got several thousand overall views instead. In order to hatch, the egg either needs a lot of unique views and a nice amount of overalls, or less unique views but a whole lot of overalls.

Several hatcheries can help an egg gain a high amount unique views in a relatively short time frame. One ER, however, very often can't, the egg keeps being refreshed there and viewed by the same people, so eventually it gets a high amount of overall views, up to UV x 15 like in your case.

lol, I'm not sure I'd notice if I got viewbombed, I've been such a derp lately and keep forgetting to add my growing things anywhere only to realizes with less than a day left....If I got view-bombed they wouldn't end up such massive ER's (or dead....) rolleyes.gif

I've never been view-bombed, but I can't believe that someone is actually doing this type of malicious things to you sad.gif I'm glad everything is okay, and I hope nobody view-bombs you again.

It's not necessarily a full explanation for your case, but EATW changed quite a few things about their website that causes a very high rate of views. According to the admin, it should not be making your critters sick, though; the view jump may be alarming, but no sickness should occur. (Freshly caught/bred eggs still might, some people have reported as much, but ERs should be fine.)

Edit: Regarding the "can't show you because it doesn't have a lineage", just a tip, you can replace the "/view/" in the dragon's URL with "/lineage/" to link to caveborn dragons.

I had a shimmer egg that gained about 5000 views while I was having dinner... It wasn't a very rare shimmer so I don't think it was being viewbombed, but it was sick for the rest of the day and tomorrow. I think at least some of the "viewbombs" here are due to EAtW's, uh, enthusiasm in saving your eggs.

Just don't add ER eggs to EAtW...

Unless DC is glitching, my fogged dragons are now showing up as tradeable. Half the problem solved? smile.gif

Edit: My bad, I had two similar looking codes on the same breed of egg and got confused sad.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

My Avatar of Creation was just viewbombed. I use only one hatchery, and I wait until my egg has less then 4 days before I put it in the hatchery. Now I have a sick hatchy, which is now hidden.

mad.gif

You probably incubated your egg. As a rule of thumb, don't put incubated Shimmers, Tinsels, GoNs or Avatars into any ER before they get down to 3d 18ish hours. They just need some special treatment to avoid sickness while still hatching reasonably fast.

You probably incubated your egg. As a rule of thumb, don't put incubated Shimmers, Tinsels, GoNs or Avatars into any ER before they get down to 3d 18ish hours. They just need some special treatment to avoid sickness while still hatching reasonably fast.

It's alright if you put them into ERs and make sure they're removed from click sites after they've hatched. Every single one of my prize/GoN/avatar/metals hatched with sickness if I've incubated them, but none of them ever died of sickness. Yesterday I added my incubated avatars on only EATW, they hatched with sickness but even if I haven't taken them off EATW or fogged them, they recover within 2 hours of hatching xd.png

Oh and back onto the topic -- yes, I have been viewbombed. One day I came back from work and saw my CB Silver having 300+UVs and with a stage 5 crack while it still had over 5 days. I went to the list of click sites and discovered that it was added onto all click sites possible. Good thing it's a CB instead of a lineaged dragon, or else it would be really hard to look for a swap.

Well I woke up this morning to a nasty surprise. During the night someone had decided to viewbomb and kill the 3rd gen Prize I was looking to trade. From now on I will fog any low gen prize and I will request PMs for trades rather than posting a link. -sigh- defiantly didn't brighten my day that's for sure.

I haven't gotten viewbombed that I know of, and I doubt I will, since I only add things when they're ER status and they're fine.

I haven't gotten viewbombed that I know of, and I doubt I will, since I only add things when they're ER status and they're fine.

Viewbombing is when someone does it to you deliberately, not accidental overexposure in hatcheries. If your egg or hatchie isn't continuously fogged until the ER stage, it's still possible for some jerk to start posting it without your consent.

(And not getting to look at my acquisitions while they grow up takes a lot of the fun out of hunting/trading rares. It's why I'm not satisfied with "just fog everything all the time" responses to viewbombing.)

Edited by Gryphonic

I hate viewbombing. People who do it are insensitive jerks. Seriously, if you are going to spend time on a video game, don't try to hurt others. Just play it the way its supposed to be played. That's my opinion on the matter.

Exactly, Gryphonic. When everything I owned was added to SEVEN fan sites that I know of (and maybe others) four times in 24 hours - I was unfogging with care and watching like a hawk - that had NOTHING to do with MY actions !

Mine are constantly being added to sites without my knowledge or consent. I now hide my scroll name and have stopped gifting dragons on the community thread as as soon as I do my scroll is attacked.

Oh man.. This is becoming a terrible issue, it seems. Yesterday I came online for the first time in, well.. a WHILE, to look at updates and catch up on new releases, and faced my first viewbomb attack EVER.

I went around gathering new release eggs, and was astounded, and very happy, when I also managed to catch a silver. I gendered it appropriately and everything, hoping to raise it to an adult and breed it to some of the beautiful new blue releases. ♥ Then I came back on just a few minutes ago to find myself completely viewbombed D:

All 6 eggs I caught yesterday have died, with the exception of a female stone hatchling I caught in the AP, which made it to adulthood instead. However the Silver egg, along with several new releases AND an avatar egg I bred myself were all killed.

I'm honestly in disbelief.. There is no way it was a simple accident, or for "fun", since I hadn't added a single one of them to a click site yet.. Someone really wanted all my eggs to die :\

I got reverse-viewbombed even, someone was removing my dragons from hatcheries a few times  wink.gif

^ Yeah, I believe this had happened to me before.

At some point in the past I had noticed that my dragons hadn't been growing, or had been making very slow progress. When I had decided to check on the hatcheries, to my surprise, they had been removed from all of them. This had continued to happen for a few days or so.

I'm still not sure whether or not it was due to malicious intent, but it was pretty strange. Thankfully the dragons survived. ^^ ’ 

As for being viewbombed, I don't think I have, but I can't say I'm certain. Some of my dragons did get sick every now and then, but I'm pretty sure I was at fault, since I can be a little careless with the hatcheries.

Edited by TheAkatsuki

I put 3 eggs up and the rare one, an Avatar of Desctruction was view-bombed. Now it's hidden. The normal eggs had 1500-2500 views, the AoD had about 6500 views in the same time period.

Edited by jis99

^ Yeah, I believe this had happened to me before.

At some point in the past I had noticed that my dragons hadn't been growing, or had been making very slow progress. When I had decided to check on the hatcheries, to my surprise, they had been removed from all of them. This had continued to happen for a few days or so.

I'm still not sure whether or not it was due to malicious intent, but it was pretty strange. Thankfully the dragons survived. ^^ ’ 

As for being viewbombed, I don't think I have, but I can't say I'm certain. Some of my dragons did get sick every now and then, but I'm pretty sure I was at fault, since I can be a little careless with the hatcheries.

I noticed that this happens when you fog and then unfog your eggs - some hatcheries automatically remove them so you have to readd them after you unfog.

I noticed that this happens when you fog and then unfog your eggs - some hatcheries automatically remove them so you have to readd them after you unfog.

Yes I know but I did not fog my eggs so that wasn't the case. tongue.gif

But no matter. That was long ago, and things seem to be fine now. (I hope I didn't jinx it xd.png)

Edited by TheAkatsuki

I think an easy fix to the whole "viewbombing" issue would be if fansites required user's passwords for their dragons to be put in...

The trouble with that is that plenty of people DON'T want to give out their passwords to third parties.

I think an easy fix to the whole "viewbombing" issue would be if fansites required user's passwords for their dragons to be put in...

That would take care of fansites (assuming you could persuade every fansite to participate), not of forums and websites.

@Silverswift: The API offers a means to login using the dragcave.net site, so they wouldn't have to. (That being said, as someone who's still waiting for API access, I am not sure requiring fansites to have API access would be necessarily fair...)

(Edit: I'm going to plug the click/view source whitelist idea again, which I still think would be very helpful. It has two: Caveat one, a single user can still spam overall views until the 15x unique view cap is hit, which AFAIK can still provoke sickness. Caveat two, people who don't add their creatures to fansites/sites/fora on the first day, or expand on later days, would still need to watch their eggs a bit.)

Edited by pinkgothic

The trouble with that is that plenty of people DON'T want to give out their passwords to third parties.

And for those of us who have to use sitters that goes double.

Fine blink.gif

It's not the first time that I'm getting view-bombed. Tonight, all of my newbies were added in multiple view-sides. Fortunately, only the 6th generation pure even gendered Blusang egg is getting sick. Now, all are hidden.

I've work out a specific view system: real fresh eggs are always hidden. I add them at time and use only some selected sides, to let them grow. Because, of the dragon slayers, as you can imagine. It's easy to see, if you are a victim of stranger murders and the dragons are carefully secured. This system takes it’s time, but its save. *hopefully*

This would be much more complicated, if I need to add my password in the view sides and I'm sure the view bombers find a way to kill again.

hmm ... a question arises: what would you do, if that would be an easy way to get to your password and remove your scroll completely?