Delira

I'm being viewbombed

Have you been viewbombed recently?  

1,154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

when we first started collecting dragons ..

the viewbombing was malicious and outrageous

and, sadly, unknown and unnoticed by me until it was pointed out that the little one was quite ill

my poor wee Sunrise received well over 27,000 views ...and succumbed    xd.png

I shall never understand who, how or why ...  and it still aches a bit

It VERY often happens with sunrise/sunset eggs without any "help" from bombers. Because if they are unfogged, and come to the time a normal egg would hatch, outside the possible hatching windows (6pm-midnight; 6 am to noon) whatever hatcheries they are in will desperately try to give them view so they will get on and hatch - but they can't.

If you have a sun egg, you need to fog it when it hits 4 days, until whichever time you want it to hatch comes around. It may not have been bombed at all. I've lost them that way too.

Edited by fuzzbucket

It VERY often happens with sunrise/sunset eggs without any "help" from bombers. Because if they are unfogged, and come to the time a normal egg would hatch, outside the possible hatching windows (6pm-midnight; 6 am to noon) whatever hatcheries they are in will desperately try to give them view so they will get on and hatch - but they can't.

If you have a sun egg, you need to fog it when it hits 4 days, until whichever time you want it to hatch comes around. It may not have been bombed at all. I've lost them that way too.

I guess you overlooked the fact that it received well over 27,000 views ... a number I still have not seen repeated ...

much has been learned since we started ... such as there are two ways to view the scroll ... one way does not include whether or not the hatchlings are ill... sad.gif

since then ... there has not been a single loss

even though I have not had this happen again, a fellow dragoneer is still being plagued by this nasty tactic.

Well I have a scroll of grown dragons with some hatchies that are doing quite well, and I've never used a hatchery...

That just means you've been lucky enough that other anxious dragon keepers have done your bit for you. That may not always happen. Besides, the point is for you to raise them...

I've suspected it once recently from some odd numbers on a specific date, but since I check my dragons a few times a day (and am up at odd times all night) and habitually fog my hatchies as soon as they hatch, it did no harm. lol

I think with the Valentine grabbing going on there is likely to be more view bombing, unfortunately. You get an egg someone else grabbed for and missed, or you get a trade they wanted, or you refuse a trade... The mindset is unfathomable to me, but I guess it is to anyone who isn't a malicious, spoiled jerk.

I must admit that I've only hit 14,000+ - but that wasn't on a sun. There have been loads of posts in help over the years with people with outrageously high stats - like yours - for suns, truly there have.

I might have been viewbomed last night. All 5 of my Valentine eggs were sick while my Paper and Astrapi eggs (only 30min-1hour older) were fine. Fortunately I caught it early. Fogged them before I went to bed and kept them fogged while I was at school this morning. They've all recovered.

Last year I lost an Arsani egg to sickness. I bred it myself so it wasn't an ap find that had been added by a previous owner and it was the only egg I HADN'T added to a clicksite, as I was trying to trade it. That was the first time in my years here that I'd ever lost an egg to sickness and it was a terrible experience.

Quite honestly - all your eggs, including the Astrapi, have a lot of views. Don't forget that the hatcheries are MUCH more active than usual during holiday times. It's never wise to put eggs in a hatchery at once, I'd say.

I guess you overlooked the fact that it received well over  27,000  views ... a number I still have not seen repeated ...

Sunset. Well over 24k views. Rescued from the AP as a very, very sick egg. I remember this one specifically because of the high views it had.

It is not unheard of, as fuzzbucket stated, for sunrises/sunsets to accumulate insane views all because they simply are not within their hatching window. That's not to say bombing doesn't happen, but for this particular breed, it does not surprize me when I see them with such high views.

Quite honestly - all your eggs, including the Astrapi, have a lot of views. Don't forget that the hatcheries are MUCH more active than usual during holiday times. It's never wise to put eggs in a hatchery at once, I'd say.

That actually looks pretty normal to me for less than 10 hours too hatch. And I waited about 18 hours before I added them anywhere. It's the same strategy I use every holiday breeding season. They shouldn't have acquired enough views to get sick without interference.

Holiday eggs tend to be fragile. I suffered with sick Valentine/Christmas eggs for my first couple of years before I finally wised up to them & altered when I added them to hatcheries. Haven't had any since. Keep an eye turned to your scroll, as you no doubt already do, & you'll stay a step ahead. Don't stress too hard & look forward to more hunting, think of all the pretty eggs you have yet to catch!

I try to always fog my eggs for the first day, especially if it is an AP find. You never know if the original breeder (or someone else who had it and abandoned it again) had already added it somewhere!

Or if someone with a bad attitude will add the egg they "missed" to a hatchery out of spite. That too sad.gif

Hugeee bump , although I'm certain someone else would have posted here after awhile..

But seriously this is getting silly. Someone is removing my scroll from ANY hatchery I use. I even tried one I've never used before , Egg drop soup, and bam, not 30 minutes later someone removed it. This is getting stressful as Im running a big IOU rn, which requires hatchies. Can't get hatchies if someone is friggen removing eggs after they get like 20 views -.-

Whoever is doing this, if you are reading this, I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT IM ANGRY >:(

mad.gif

Hugeee bump , although I'm certain someone else would have posted here after awhile..

But seriously this is getting silly. Someone is removing my scroll from ANY hatchery I use. I even tried one I've never used before , Egg drop soup, and bam, not 30 minutes later someone removed it. This is getting stressful as Im running a big IOU rn, which requires hatchies. Can't get hatchies if someone is friggen removing eggs after they get like 20 views -.-

Whoever is doing this, if you are reading this, I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT IM ANGRY >:(

mad.gif

Wow, some people really have no life! sad.gif

Edited by Pourlemoment

Just got home from spending the whole day with my fiance to find that somebody viewbombed my chicken and aria eggs and they are now sick and fogged with over a 1,000 views. And I had just gotten them this morning too

Viewbombers are usually trolls. Letting them know you are angry, or even care at all, is likely feeding the fire.

Just fog em up, wait until they're incuhatchable and use something like the old Neglected Dragon Daycare ER helper to hatch them. This eliminates the concern for viewbombing and as for removals from click sites if you get into a battle with putting your scroll up and having someone take it down... that's logged traffic and you can contact the website administrators about it.

A short period of time micromanaging your scroll like this should deter trolls, immunize your scroll for the duration, and save your eggs/hatchies from any troubles. The only hassle you'll have to deal with is minor complications for trades.

Worst case scenario you wait until your eggs have one day left and viewbomb them to hatch them. This will likely also give them enough minimum views in order for them to gender and grow to adulthood so just fog em back up once hatched and unfog them when they would gender. I learned this when I tried to neglect myself some zombie gendered hatchlings. Very tricky.

Viewbombers are usually trolls.  Letting them know you are angry, or even care at all, is likely feeding the fire.

Just fog em up, wait until they're incuhatchable and use something like the old Neglected Dragon Daycare ER helper to hatch them.  This eliminates the concern for viewbombing and as for removals from click sites if you get into a battle with putting your scroll up and having someone take it down... that's logged traffic and you can contact the website administrators about it.

A short period of time micromanaging your scroll like this should deter trolls, immunize your scroll for the duration, and save your eggs/hatchies from any troubles.  The only hassle you'll have to deal with is minor complications for trades.

Worst case scenario you wait until your eggs have one day left and viewbomb them to hatch them.  This will likely also give them enough minimum views in order for them to gender and grow to adulthood so just fog em back up once hatched and unfog them when they would gender.  I learned this when I tried to neglect myself some zombie gendered hatchlings.  Very tricky.

Ahem view-bombing was not why UniqueZephlyn was ANGRY.

Edited by NotBambi

Ahem view-bombing was not why UniqueZephlyn was ANGRY.

True, but he would not have cause to be upset at all if he had not been viewbombed so still feeding. I'm not assigning blame, I'm selling pesticide.

mad.gif

This is the strangest one i have heard unsure.gif can only suggest its someone you know or dealt with in the past, you have no links to scroll in profile smile.gif

So now someone tried to viewbomb my cb spessartine. Glad I caught it in time before the views got too high. At least my chicken and aria are no longer sick.

Whoever added all my dragons to all the fansites, I hope you realize the only thing you're successfully viewbombing is a gift I'm waiting for an extremely kind and thoughtful user on the forum to pick up. Angry at something I said? That's fine. Why not PM me to discuss it? Or at least leave the gift alone. Because killing it doesn't hurt me. It's just spiteful towards the user I'm gifting.

What the heck?! Who removed my scroll from AoND?! Stop it.

At least they didn't pull off an actual viewbomb.... but if this happens again tonight, my ND exp is done for...

Sometimes I post an egg if I have to hold onto it or I posted and then I find someone who wants it later. I often do random gifting and I post the egg so it doesn't die from lack of views. I feel awful if this has ever caused anyone issues /.\

Today. It's the first time this happened to me. Good thing I checked up on my Val eggs, they just got sick in the last couple of minutes.

I lost a Valentine Egg on a lineage I've been working on because I bred the egg and then went to bed. Got on my scroll this morning to find a dead egg. mad.gif