angelicdragonpuppy

Remove GoN Breed Limits

Since the chances of summoning a GoN (presumably) don't affect anyone else's chances of summoning a GoN, why not remove the limit on them? I get that they're rare, but the fact that they're so hard to obtain will keep them from ever becoming remotely common. Plus, they're said to guard so many varied places that it makes sense every big stretch of territory would have one lurking around, watching over things.

It'd be like playing Dragon Cave on hard mode >;]

(but with more tears and scheduling)

I'd like this. I mean, having it higher doesn't hurt anybody.

If you don't want to keep summoning, you can stop at any time. You don't HAVE to keep trying to summon forever, after all.

I'd like to see it unlimited, or at the very least raised to 4-5...

I would prefer if the limit could raised up to 5 or 7 than totally remove it.

I prefer to see them as a complety different dragon, an unique breed that don't come from this world and you shouldn't be able to find or summon them like candies. Even if they're rares.

I also think this would encurage trades among the users.

If you want to see more GoN I propose to create more types of Trios and Summons (example: Water, Deep Sea and Tindal could summon the Guardian of Oceans in the same way the current Trio summon the GoN) In this way we can still maintain the big difference between a dragon that have to be summoned and the others that could be find in a normal way.

Some example:

Black, White, Lumina : Summon the Guardian of Order/Chaos (Yin-Yang)

Water, Deep Sea and Tindal could summon the Guardian of Oceans

Terrae, BBW, Green: Summon the Guardian of Earth

Sunrise, Sunset, Nebula: Summon the Guardian of Space and Time

These new types of Guardian would have the same traits of the current Guardian of Nature.

Edited by Naruhina_94

Indeed. The logic of "but then people might stress over it" isn't really valid, as the same could be said of any rare. Should we suddenly impose a cap on the amount of CB Metals someone can have so they don't have to worry about getting more beyond that? Nah.

Now that GoN are actually useful, I think this idea has merit. Or at least, a higher limit than 3.

Cheers!

C4.

Yes x 10000000000

I want to have a CB Adult pairing and 3 frozen hatchies, and I would love to have more guardian of natures specially to breed those beautiful hybrids smile.gif

Pretty please? With a cherry on top? I'd love to able to breed my hybrids out to at least 3Gs.

As someone who prefers to collect all the sprites - yes please. I don't think it's a greedy wish.

@naruhina: tj once said... Gons will stay the only user-based spontaneous egg creation. So more guardians seem to be out of the question - for now.

As for scarcity creating trades: nope, nit happening. Cf. to metals for that. Even if they are obtainable (very much so as 2gs coppers), people like to do certain key components themselves. I've yet to see large EG lineages with rares that span more than 5-6gs, just because its so hard to get the fitting puzzle parts. You'd need to trade for 29 2gs in order to breed a 7g. 13, for 6g. I estimate 1-2 years of just acquiring the needed 2gs for that. And thats to much. Far to much.

Not sure if TJ will ever agree with unlimited, but I'd like to at least have it increased to 5. That way people who like to have at least one of everything (like me) are able to: 1 adult female, 1 adult male, 1 S2 female, 1 S2 male, 1 S1 ungendered. Right now I have the dilemma of having to choose to freeze the third as an S1, or to let it grow up as a female... it hurts my scroll completion goals xd.png

Not sure if TJ will ever agree with unlimited, but I'd like to at least have it increased to 5. That way people who like to have at least one of everything (like me) are able to: 1 adult female, 1 adult male, 1 S2 female, 1 S2 male, 1 S1 ungendered. Right now I have the dilemma of having to choose to freeze the third as an S1, or to let it grow up as a female... it hurts my scroll completion goals xd.png

This. I'd like to have the limit raised to five, or to unlimited. Five would be the best limit if there has to be one, though.

I'd like the limit removed, but raising it to five would also be appreciated ♥

Alternatively, if the limit was to stay at 3, I'd like it to only apply to adult and unfrozen hatchlings. That way collectors like myself can get the frozen hatchlings without losing out on the opportunity to breed pretties like the new dragons.

Definitely prefer the limit raise/removal though, just thought I'd add that in as a possible alt. in case TJ really wants that 3 limit.

I would prefer if the limit could raised up to 5 or 7 than totally remove it.

I prefer to see them as a complety different dragon, an unique breed that don't come from this world and you shouldn't be able to find or summon them like candies. Even if they're rares.

I also think this would encurage trades among the users.

If you want to see more GoN I propose to create more types of Trios and Summons (example: Water, Deep Sea and Tindal could summon the Guardian of Oceans in the same way the current Trio summon the GoN) In this way we can still maintain the big difference between a dragon that have to be summoned and the others that could be find in a normal way.

Some example:

Black, White, Lumina : Summon the Guardian of Order/Chaos (Yin-Yang)

Water, Deep Sea and Tindal could summon the Guardian of Oceans

Terrae, BBW, Green: Summon the Guardian of Earth

Sunrise, Sunset, Nebula: Summon the Guardian of Space and Time

These new types of Guardian would have the same traits of the current Guardian of Nature.

Didn't TJ say that he wouldn't do any more "summon" style of dragons after having learned his lesson with the GON? I know that he can change his mind, but I for one am not interested in more summon headaches for more breeds.

As far as the cap goes, I don't see a reason for it.

I would not want existing breeds shoehorned into being able to summon. The trios were concepted with the summoning thing in mind originally. If there were going to be more Guardians, I'd say they'd need to be original concepts with that in mind from the start.

That said, I don't think we need more summoning combinations. One seems quite enough. The current GoN isn't representing just one aspect of nature. It represents all aspects of existence.

I would like to see the limits raised at least to 4, because 3 is odd.

I can't see the harm in removing the limits altogether. No matter what the limit, GoN are never going to be easy to acquire, they're never going to be common, and are currently tied to ones scroll and not tradeable. So, if I have a couple dozen GoN on my scroll it would have no effect on anyone else's game.

I want a 5-member faimly too,

it's my goal to have one of all dragon breeds... And the limit on GoNs ruins the possibility of my goal.

But I'd love them to breed together too... So the aduls could be biological parents of the 3 frozens... ^^

They're difficult to obtain anyway, they're untradeable, they are uncatchable in the cave, I can't see a valid reason to make them limited just to 3 and being unable to breed successfully within their own breed. Idk, maybe they might have a breeding limit like that one GoN can't produce more than 3 GoN eggs ever (pinks needed for aid with the last baby:P). BTW it's incredibly odd that a creature can't breed within its own breed but can with other species... It's against the basic laws of nature xd.png

Well, three dragons magically summoning an egg of a different species into existence goes against the laws of nature, too... xd.png

Although it is strange that GoNs will breed with lesser dragons and not their own. Unbreedable overall is a different type of fish...

Raising the limits would be nice for those of us that collects sprites. But I wouldn't mind seeing them gone completely. If someone wants to put the effort into getting 20 of them, that should be their choice I think. Much like Zombies or Neglected, getting a small amount is fairly easy but the higher your number goal, the more work you have to do. And they will still be the hardest dragon to get in the game I think.

Although it is strange that GoNs will breed with lesser dragons and not their own. Unbreedable overall is a different type of fish...

Maybe they are really territorial with their protectorics (areas an individual protects) and so never run into others of their own kind?

Edited by DragonLady86

Well, three dragons magically summoning an egg of a different species into existence goes against the laws of nature, too... xd.png

The more they should breed within their own breedxD if they are able to create new, out of the blue but fixed species, if they can breed anything, they should be possible to be bred too xd.png

BTW new breeds being a result of crossbreeding IS within the rules of nature.

Edited by Aniusia483

I don't know that unlimited is the way to go, but I will support boosting the limit to 5, since that would be a help for those who want all the sprites in all genders. smile.gif

Yes x 10000000000

I want to have a CB Adult pairing and 3 frozen hatchies, and I would love to have more guardian of natures specially to breed those beautiful hybrids smile.gif

I agree with this. 5 sounds like a reasonable limit. Enough for Two adults, and three frozen hatchies.

If there were different types of GoN's like others were suggesting, what if they represented each type of dragon? Sorta like a king of colonies?

A GoN for Pygmies, one for Wyverns, one for Drakes, etc. (You get the picture)

I'm not entirely sure I agree with this.

I like the idea of 3; 3 is a good number, a prime number, and allows to have a male, female and frozen hatchling. Any more for such a special breed isn't really needed.

They're supposed to be very rare, special, untradeable - why not keep it that way?

I'm not entirely sure I agree with this.

I like the idea of 3; 3 is a good number, a prime number, and allows to have a male, female and frozen hatchling. Any more for such a special breed isn't really needed.

They're supposed to be very rare, special, untradeable - why not keep it that way?

Why can't they be rare, special, untradeable and have a higher limit or even no limit? No one is asking that they be easier to get, just that we be allowed to collect more. For sprite collectors, 5 is a good number, and I would be more than happy to have that.

But I also don't really see that a limit is needed, If they stay just as hard to get does it matter how many times a person wants to try the summon action? Some people still don't have even one after four years of summoning. So I wouldn't expect to see mass hordes of them anywhere.

If we push for no limits, it's easier to compromise on a new, higher limit. such as 5!