angelicdragonpuppy

Remove GoN Breed Limits

Since the chances of summoning a GoN (presumably) don't affect anyone else's chances of summoning a GoN, why not remove the limit on them? I get that they're rare, but the fact that they're so hard to obtain will keep them from ever becoming remotely common. Plus, they're said to guard so many varied places that it makes sense every big stretch of territory would have one lurking around, watching over things.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I think I'd like this. I want to be able to at least collect a full set of adults and frozen hatchies. Support. :3

I agree. Since it's unbreedable, I don't see a reason why we couldn't get more. We can have an unlimited amount of chickens, papers and dinos.. which are also unbreedable rares.. so why not the GoNs?

I think I'd like this. I want to be able to at least collect a full set of adults and frozen hatchies. Support. :3

Same here!

Thumbs up smile.gif

I'd like that myself. Agreeing that with the unbreedable/tradeable status, there's really no harm in allowing it.

Unless there's a ratio to uphold and that's why Summon fails so much. Which I hope wouldn't be the case...

I'm partially against this only because I haven't been able to summon one since the event came out and I own 3 sets of trios.

Failure is all I summon. LOL

I would feel quite a bit of jealousy to people who have armies of them if I can't even get a measly one. I wouldn't be as peeved if these things don't have a ratio of their own. But if someone with like 5 or 6 cuts down more on my chances to even get a ONE I'd have to be extremely upset.

Maybe after two, the chance of summoning slowly dwindles lower and lower?

And after ten it doesn't get any lower because then you wouldn't get anything ever.

I'm pretty sure that GoNs have their own set chance of summoning rather than any particular ratio, largely because it's been changed so that every set of Trios you have ups your chances of getting one. Which COULD be just a slight ratio-based increase, but to me it suggests it's fixed. After all, GoNs have been misery to summon since they were first released (when no one had one), so it seems it's a set rarity thing rather than a ratio.

If that is true, I would rather NOT see a diminishing ratio. I mean, consider what would happen. It'd make that person need to get more Trios to keep their chances up. Which means less Trios around, which means it's even harder for players without any GoNs to get one, which means you'd effectively be hurting newer players. And for what? Just because you were jealous that someone else had an untradable, unbreedable dragon that you KNOW you're guaranteed to get eventually? That makes no sense.

Alternately, if it is true--then you can scrap the whole idea, as I'd prefer other people get a shot at their first two without me impacting them. But only TJ knows which it is. smile.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Is it a guarantee that someone with enough Trios will summon eventually? I have quite a few and still lack even one GoN after almost three years of trying.

I'm on the fence about this. It would be nice to be able to have more than two, but since GoNs are so hard for some to summon as they are, I hope their chances of successful summoning wouldn't decrease just because users could get more.

Is it a guarantee that someone with enough Trios will summon eventually? I have quite a few and still lack even one GoN after almost three years of trying.

Well, according to the fun world of statistics it's not ENTIRELY guaranteed, but the statistics are still in your favor that, yes, keep trying every time and you will get one eventually. smile.gif

As opposed to other rare unbreedables (ex: Neglecteds) where you don't have a set chance of getting one every two weeks.

As long as the chances of getting one when you have less than 2 stay the same, I think this is a great idea. If it reduces the chances of someone getting their first or second, then I'd say no.

I'm on the fence about this. It would be nice to be able to have more than two, but since GoNs are so hard for some to summon as they are, I hope their chances of successful summoning wouldn't decrease just because users could get more.

I don't know about Guarantee, it took a while after TJ let all the Trio sets count/help with the summon ,but I finally got mine-- so it does happen . Not really sure how long -- I had at that time 17 sets . I figure it takes a fairly large number to make a difference-- I already had numbers of everything but Thunders- so I went on a trading spree and got them without much trouble.

I have noticed that the 2nd one comes along fairly closely after the first, in a lot of cases ( mine did)

my first was on Sept 17 -- 2 years 5 months and 22 days after they were released

( could probably figure out how long it took by finding the announcement TJ made)

I am ambivalent about more- I have other things I'd like more and they are a pain to raise- but if we could I might try just to see how long it would take to get another

I say no to this suggestion for one reason. These dragons are 'legendary', a joke to the Lugia of pokemon in which only one can be captured per game (We at least allow 2 such instead of sticking to one). Not much of a 'joke' if we allow unlimited.

I have noticed that the 2nd one comes along fairly closely after the first, in a lot of cases ( mine did)

I wish.... xd.png

This has probably already been suggested - and shot down - but how about one summon per complete trio? Or per x number complete sets?

If I recall correctly, the chances of successful summoning do increase the more complete sets of Trios a user has.

Edit: Yep, found it in the FAQ:

Can I summon more if I have more than one set of trio dragons?

A: Summon can only be attempted every two weeks, regardless of how many trios you have. Having more trios doesn't give you more summons. The more trios you have, the greater your chances of a successful summon are. We do not know the exact number, but the increase is likely small.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Yeah, that's correct. I was more thinking along the lines of instead of 1 summon every 14 days, one summon per set of magma/thunder/ice, so say you have three sets, you get three attempts. Or something. Still 14 days cd on summon, but you have several shots at it.

I think a limit should be kept - but that it should be raised - perhaps no more than 5 on a scroll.

I've noticed there are several common ways of collecting Dragons - the most common seem to be owning a Male, Female, and Frozen of each breed.

With a limit of 5 - this allows players to get any combination they want;

5 adults

4 adults and 1 frozen s2

2 adults, 2 frozen s2, 1 frozen s1

The list goes on for possible combinations - but these are just some of the more common ones I've seen.

I say no to this suggestion for one reason. These dragons are 'legendary', a joke to the Lugia of pokemon in which only one can be captured per game (We at least allow 2 such instead of sticking to one). Not much of a 'joke' if we allow unlimited.

This...

Something tells me this has been suggested before and been shot down, although I can't work out why. blink.gif (Not trying to bash it or anything.)

I wouldn't really mind it, I'd still summon failure. xd.png Sitting on the fence with this.

Personally, I know zilch about Pokemon, so I couldn't care less if it's supposed to be a joke or not.

I just think that since the GoNs are unbreedable rares, they should be more like our other unbreedable rares; chickens, papers and dinos. We don't have a scroll limit on those, so why should there be a scroll limit on GoNs?

Personally, I know zilch about Pokemon, so I couldn't care less if it's supposed to be a joke or not.

I just think that since the GoNs are unbreedable rares, they should be more like our other unbreedable rares; chickens, papers and dinos. We don't have a scroll limit on those, so why should there be a scroll limit on GoNs?

But you don't summon the other unbreedable rares. And you're not able to trade these ones.

I'm not against this, but I'm not for it either...

True, but why does it matter? It's unbreedable so all it does is sit on your scroll and look pretty, so why should there be a limit on them?

IMO, unbreedables are pretty much worthless anyway. The only thing that makes the GoN so special, is because you have to use the Summon BSA to get it. But once you have your pair, what good are they?

I don't collect chickens because they aren't dragons.. ditto for dinos.

I only collect papers to freeze and use as scroll dividers.

At least if the limit on GoNs was removed, you'd still have use for your trios.

edit for spelling errors

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

If I ever get my 2nd, since it is going to take at least 3 years of trying-I NEVER want to use the "summon" BSA ever again. I really can't imagine that anyone who has put 3 years into getting just 1 is going to want to continue after they manage to get the second (if they even try to get a second) trying to go for more. That's just my personal opinion.

If I ever get my 2nd, since it is going to take at least 3 years of trying-I NEVER want to use the "summon" BSA ever again. I really can't imagine that anyone who has put 3 years into getting just 1 is going to want to continue after they manage to get the second (if they even try to get a second) trying to go for more. That's just my personal opinion.

^This.

This sums up my feeling about the GoN completely. After 3 years, I got my one. I am not even bothered about trying to get my 2nd - unless I am so bored, have scroll space to spare and nothing good is breeding. It's one of the most frustrating aspect of this game which I would rather not *think* about, ever again.