angelicdragonpuppy

Remove GoN Breed Limits

I completely agree, please take away the limit.

You have to summon them yourself to get them and that takes quite a bit of patience anyway. When they had no specific use the limit was fine, but now that they are not only breedable but they produce hybrids the limit is overly restrictive, IMO.

To be clear: I am not asking for the success rate for summons to be raised, GoNs to be tradable or for the summon cooldown to change, nothing like that. I just want to be able to have as many as I can summon instead of being restricted to 3.

Edited by Allspice

I'm beside myself with delight that the limit's been upped to three so that I CAN have my two adults (one of each gender) and still keep my little frozen hatchie, so if the new status quo remains the status quo, I won't complain.

However, I would even more love to see this breed become unlimited - you get as many as you can simply through constant, patient summoning every two weeks. Maybe that way my Trios wouldn't go back to feeling useless once I've summoned my third. xd.png Plus, you know. Lineages.

My knee-jerk reaction was to be against this, since GoNs are supposed to be rare, but then I thought about it, and really, as long as GoNs remain untradable and the Summon mechanic isn't changed, if people want to keep collecting them, why not? I'm fine with the limit at 3, but if others want to try their patience and try for an army of them, what's the harm?

Used to be you could only have two each of each Christmas and Valentines dragon, but that limit was recently changed, so DC doesn't always have to stay the same.

While I am glad that the limit was raised to 3 (as now I can freeze a s2 hatchling and not need to worry about not having an adult of each gender)...I am with those who feel it would make the majority of players happy if the limit went to 5 as it allows the most freedom while still being limited.

Collectors can have 1 dragon of each gender and stage

Breeders get the option of different kinds of lineages

About the only people who would not be pleased are the hoarders.

Though a thought in the back of my head has come to the front again that - perhaps make them restricted unlimited.

What I mean by this is that - a user would need to hit a certain criteria before they can have another GoN...I recall seeing an idea once to allow players the ability to summon a GoN for each complete trio they have. Perhaps put that in place so that it would work like this

1 trio - 3 GoNs

2 trios - 4 GoNs

3 Trios - 5 GoNs

In short - for every additional trio you have, you gain the power to summon an additional GoN. This still allows the dragon to be obtained by users in Mass Numbers - but to accomplish it would require a bit of work (thus still helping to keep the numbers down).

While I am glad that the limit was raised to 3 (as now I can freeze a s2 hatchling and not need to worry about not having an adult of each gender)...I am with those who feel it would make the majority of players happy if the limit went to 5 as it allows the most freedom while still being limited.

Collectors can have 1 dragon of each gender and stage

Breeders get the option of different kinds of lineages

About the only people who would not be pleased are the hoarders.

Though a thought in the back of my head has come to the front again that - perhaps make them restricted unlimited.

What I mean by this is that - a user would need to hit a certain criteria before they can have another GoN...I recall seeing an idea once to allow players the ability to summon a GoN for each complete trio they have. Perhaps put that in place so that it would work like this

1 trio - 3 GoNs

2 trios - 4 GoNs

3 Trios - 5 GoNs

In short - for every additional trio you have, you gain the power to summon an additional GoN. This still allows the dragon to be obtained by users in Mass Numbers - but to accomplish it would require a bit of work (thus still helping to keep the numbers down).

But what would happen if one would release the additional sets of trios after getting the 5 GoNs one needed?

I collect one 5-member family per each breed, I would remove the additional trio individuals and leave just those making the 5-member families... Would I loose the already obtained GoNs then if I dont' have enough many trios anymore?

I have and need 2 sets of adult trios only. The 3rd set would have to go away after fulfilling their purpose of letting me have 5-membered family of GoNs...

I think that the limit of 5 should be a minimum. For the sake of the sprities/famileis collecting many users aim for. Maybe the additional GoNs could follow that idea though.

But most of all, removing trios should never remove the already obtained GoNs.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with this.

I like the idea of 3; 3 is a good number, a prime number, and allows to have a male, female and frozen hatchling. Any more for such a special breed isn't really needed.

They're supposed to be very rare, special, untradeable - why not keep it that way?

Five is also a good number, a prime number, and allows to have a male, female, male and female S2, and an S1. For sprite collectors, five is the magic number :3

*Still supports no limit, but five is just as appreciated*

I imagine it would work like trophies. Releasing enough dragons to drop a trophy level wouldn't remove dragons you got with those extra spots in the past. Removing trios wouldn't kick off GoNs, just prevent you from getting more until you worked your way up again.

That being said, I'm unsure of the idea. Between them being rare and every set increasing the odds of a successful summon, they're already in strong demand. More pressure to get them might be overdoing it.

Five is also a good number, a prime number, and allows to have a male, female, male and female S2, and an S1. For sprite collectors, five is the magic number :3

*Still supports no limit, but five is just as appreciated*

I support 5. 5 means that if you are a sprite collector, you can have an adult of each gender, an S2 of each gender, and an S1.

It also means that breeders can obtain two pairs and a single frozen (whichever hatchling sprite they prefer), which would be EXTREMELY nice in case of refusals with a certain CB.

No limit would be nice too, but I really really like the idea of a limit of 5.

Yes to limit of 5.

More Yes to no limit.

Absolute no to having to collect more Trios in order to summon more. Trios are already rare and highly desired and will be more so for at least awhile with the new hype on GoN's. And I say that as someone with multiple sets. I do sometimes collect more than 5 of a dragon, but I want to pick which ones not have to collect lots of one I don't really care for in order to get one I do.

Not a fan of unlimited. The scroll limit was in place to emphasize that these things are supposed to be super-duper-ultra-mega rare.

That said, with breeding now possible (which I'm against, but what's done is done) and the limit actually upped, I don't see why not go all the way to 5 as to allow a full collection of sprites.

BUT 5 IS STILL ODD! *whimper* I don't collect frozens of each breed, so 5 would mean 2 females, 2 males, and one that would forever drive me bananas because I'd have to choose one or the other and the numbers wouldn't be even! I couldn't just not ever summon it because I can't do that. If the option exists I must press that little "Summon" button until I succeed. MUST!

I dunt liek odd numbers. Besides, if egg freezing ever happens, you sprite set collectors would want the extra one anyway if the limit was 6.

I don't see why prime numbers are better. In fact, they are not. And dragons come in pairs. And pairs of pairs. They need to be in powers of 2. (which is why we also desperately need another egg slot, but that's for another topic)

The simplest solution for all the different play styles requiring different numbers of things is for there to be no limit. They're already hard to get because summon mostly fails. You're talking about a long, hard journey to collect very many of them.

BUT 5 IS STILL ODD! *whimper* I don't collect frozens of each breed, so 5 would mean 2 females, 2 males, and one that would forever drive me bananas because I'd have to choose one or the other and the numbers wouldn't be even! I couldn't just not ever summon it because I can't do that. If the option exists I must press that little "Summon" button until I succeed. MUST!

I dunt liek odd numbers. Besides, if egg freezing ever happens, you sprite set collectors would want the extra one anyway if the limit was 6.

I don't see why prime numbers are better. In fact, they are not. And dragons come in pairs. And pairs of pairs. They need to be in powers of 2. (which is why we also desperately need another egg slot, but that's for another topic)

The simplest solution for all the different play styles requiring different numbers of things is for there to be no limit. They're already hard to get because summon mostly fails. You're talking about a long, hard journey to collect very many of them.

Still less odd than 2, 3 or 4. And makes sense in sprites.

Have 4 then... If it's all about twos.

5 is the most reasonable limit because of genders and stages:

MF adults

MF S2s

ungendered S1 (there is just one S1 in each dragon breed, these don't come in pairs)

and because it seems relatively many users collect dragons at least this way.

An additional egg limit is desired simply for quantity and quicker collecting, not for the sake of 8 being an even number... O_o

Of course it is, but we need to consider that TJ may not take into consideration making GoNs unlimited... Limit of 5 is better and is reasonable.

I'd prefer no limit either even though I don't need it so badly(this would only allow me to breed the Avatars on my own and in monogamy), but one can't have everything. Comprimises, and the best is the limit of 5.

MF adults

MF S2s

ungendered S1 (there is just one S1 in each dragon breed, these don't come in pairs)

and because it seems relatively many users collect dragons at least this way.

For what it's worth, a lot of people try to have at least two adult pairs of everything in case there are refusals. (I'm one of them. Well, that and I keep hoping for Ascension... but I digress.)

So my playstyle for one tends to 'need' a minimum of 7.

The fact there are lots of people who have their individual goals is a reason I'm in favour of allowing for unlimited Guardian of Natures. With how difficult they are to get, it's unlikely anyone's going to get an army of them unless they play a hundred years.

A potentially interesting compromise might be to make GoN-acquisition easier (and I do mean easier, not "keep it the same as it is now") for the first GoNs and then scale the chances down the more of them you have. That way you still have no limit, but it becomes increasingly more difficult to add One More GoN [TM] to your scroll as time goes by.

Something like:

- a 25% chance per Summon until you have your first GoN

- a 20% chance per Summon after you had your first GoN, until you have your second GoN

- a 16% chance per Summon after you had your second GoN, until you have your third GoN

- a 12.8% chance per Summon after you had your third GoN, until you have your fourth GoN

- a 10.24% chance per Summon after you had your fourth GoN, until you have your fifth GoN

- an 8.19% chance per Summon after you had your fifth GoN, until you have your sixth GoN

- and so on.

(That example is a 20% chance reduction each step (e.g. 20% of a 20% chance is 4%, so the next step is 16%). You'd have a 3.36% chance per Summon for your 10th GoN, and by the time you tried to get your 16th GoN your chance would be under one percent - but it would never quite reach zero.*)

* sidenote: there's a limit to how small numbers that a computer can portray can be, so it's not technically unlimited... but I think everyone's going to give up long before that limit is reached. (Edit: Heck, the number of GoNs/dragons that can fit on your scroll hypothetically might hit a hardware/design limit before the aforementioned limit is reached, even! x_x)

Edited by pinkgothic

@Pinkgothic: That's an interesting idea, but I'd prefer a cutoff at a certain point so the odds don't get too ridiculously low. D:

But this is DC, Fi; we aren't allowed to have things be even, silly. Just look at the Festival of Eggs and Trickor-Treat events :P

In that case, 6 could work, too. That would allow 2 of each gender in each stage, and 2 frozen hatchies, or three adults, or 6, or however you want to do it.

Edited by PieMaster

For what it's worth, a lot of people try to have at least two adult pairs of everything in case there are refusals. (I'm one of them. Well, that and I keep hoping for Ascension... but I digress.)

So my playstyle for one tends to 'need' a minimum of 7.

The fact there are lots of people who have their individual goals is a reason I'm in favour of allowing for unlimited Guardian of Natures. With how difficult they are to get, it's unlikely anyone's going to get an army of them unless they play a hundred years.

A potentially interesting compromise might be to make GoN-acquisition easier (and I do mean easier, not "keep it the same as it is now") for the first GoNs and then scale the chances down the more of them you have. That way you still have no limit, but it becomes increasingly more difficult to add One More GoN [TM] to your scroll as time goes by.

Something like:

- a 25% chance per Summon until you have your first GoN

- a 20% chance per Summon after you had your first GoN, until you have your second GoN

- a 16% chance per Summon after you had your second GoN, until you have your third GoN

- a 12.8% chance per Summon after you had your third GoN, until you have your fourth GoN

- a 10.24% chance per Summon after you had your fourth GoN, until you have your fifth GoN

- an 8.19% chance per Summon after you had your fifth GoN, until you have your sixth GoN

- and so on.

(That example is a 20% chance reduction each step (e.g. 20% of a 20% chance is 4%, so the next step is 16%). You'd have a 3.36% chance per Summon for your 10th GoN, and by the time you tried to get your 16th GoN your chance would be under one percent - but it would never quite reach zero.*)

* sidenote: there's a limit to how small numbers that a computer can portray can be, so it's not technically unlimited... but I think everyone's going to give up long before that limit is reached. (Edit: Heck, the number of GoNs that can fit on your scroll might hit a limit before that limit is reached, even! x_x)

One could always get rid of on of those who refused and replace...

BTW sadly GoNs don't breed within their breed(as far as people;ve experienced so far), so... (It's horrible to me and I hope for that to change sooner or later) refusals are not an issue here...

Actually I think this lowering ratio thing would make sense if GoNs were made unlimited in number.

Anyway, 5 is a minimum!:D

@Pinkgothic: That's an interesting idea, but I'd prefer a cutoff at a certain point so the odds don't get too ridiculously low. D:

That also works, absolutely. I just figured it might cater to the people who want a limit if it becomes prohibitively ridiculous to try and Summon another GoN (a bit like it is now, I guess xd.png).

BTW sadly GoNs don't breed within their breed(as far as people;ve experienced so far), so... (It's horrible to me and I hope for that to change sooner or later) refusals are not an issue here...

But they are; it doesn't just affect purebreeding. smile.gif If someone only has one CB female gold, for example, then if they wanted to breed that gold to a GoN, they'd have no fallback if their one adult male GoN refused.

(There are unfortunate cases where both pairings refuse, of course, so it's not a sure safeguard, but it does take the edge out of a lot of breeding nervousness.)

I like the #6 '

if you only want 5 for the sprites then you can stop , but those of us who want breeding pairs and to be able to make checker lineage 6 would be good ( actually 8 but I think that's pushing it a bit- we'll just have to trade to get that )

3 is as odd a 7 slots unsure.gif makes things unbalanced.

That is your opinion. I have a different one. The fact is that everyone has different things they value as far as collecting is concerned. For me 5 is an entirely unreasonable number. I understand why it's reasonable for others, but I don't care about collecting stages, as I've said. I care about collecting pairs of adults.

Have 4 then... If it's all about twos.

And I explained that I can't just summon 4 and be done. The mere fact that I can summon that other one would compel me to do so. We all have our quirks and eccentricities. This is one of mine.

That's why my favorite limit is no limit. It doesn't put anyone in the position of going against their personal goals, quirks or eccentricities.

But they are; it doesn't just affect purebreeding. smile.gif If someone only has one CB female gold, for example, then if they wanted to breed that gold to a GoN, they'd have no fallback if their one adult male GoN refused.

(There are unfortunate cases where both pairings refuse, of course, so it's not a sure safeguard, but it does take the edge out of a lot of breeding nervousness.)

I mean that no purebreeding of GoNs is an issue.

A gold can be replaced actually... A GoN can as well. It needs a lot of time, effort and so on but is possible to obtain. A Gold can be also traded.

But really, if it could be possible for no limit get introduced, I supoport it. Just as for minimal limits 5 is an absolute minimum, but which at least might have a chance to get introduced^^ Better at least a limit of 5 than of 3...

If you want to see more GoN I propose to create more types of Trios and Summons (example: Water, Deep Sea and Tindal could summon the Guardian of Oceans in the same way the current Trio summon the GoN) In this way we can still maintain the big difference between a dragon that have to be summoned and the others that could be find in a normal way.

Some example:

Black, White, Lumina : Summon the Guardian of Order/Chaos (Yin-Yang)

Water, Deep Sea and Tindal could summon the Guardian of Oceans

Terrae, BBW, Green: Summon the Guardian of Earth

Sunrise, Sunset, Nebula: Summon the Guardian of Space and Time

These new types of Guardian would have the same traits of the current Guardian of Nature.

Even if you ignore the fact that the yin yang isn't about order and chaos anyways, summon-style dragons? Nope.

That is your opinion. I have a different one. The fact is that everyone has different things they value as far as collecting is concerned. For me 5 is an entirely unreasonable number. I understand why it's reasonable for others, but I don't care about collecting stages, as I've said. I care about collecting pairs of adults.

And I explained that I can't just summon 4 and be done. The mere fact that I can summon that other one would compel me to do so. We all have our quirks and eccentricities. This is one of mine.

That's why my favorite limit is no limit. It doesn't put anyone in the position of going against their personal goals, quirks or eccentricities.

What I mean is that we should't ask for too much, 5 is a compromise. Would you prefer to have a limit of 3 or 5 if you had to choose between these two?

Of course limitless is the best for us... But we can't expect too much wihtout suggesting a compromise and hope at least for it to get considered and introduced. I'd still prefer no limit on ANY breed.

I think the limit of three GoN for each user is enough, and no more. They're supposed to be special hard-to-get dragons, and removing the cap for how many you could get would just make them end up like prize dragons; extremely common.

A gold can be replaced actually... A GoN can as well.

I've got to admit I honestly don't consider either of those things a viable solution. I admit I might be alone in this, but I would not want to replace a GoN if I've successfully bred it with various other critters when I finally get a CB gold*, or vice versa. I do understand this criticism wouldn't necessarily affect people who lifemate their dragons, but I don't see very much of that (lifemating).

* as a sidenote, this is a hypothetical "me" from the timeline when 2013 didn't happen. I had the incredibly good fortune of getting several CB metallics in the months of 2013 where they were reasonably easy to snag. That was my luck, though; others aren't or weren't that fortunate.

On a personal level, I'd be fine with five (I'd get two adult pairs and then not bother with frozen hatchlings), but I just genuinely don't see why we should put any limit on it, really. We have a heterogenous community and some people would like more.

The GoNs aren't going to be handed to them on a silver platter - it's going to be frustrating to get more than two, just as it's frustrating to get even a single one. If a compromise is necessary, I'd definitely be happier if we just slant the chance of Summoning than I would be with any hard limit.

Edited by pinkgothic