angelicdragonpuppy

Remove GoN Breed Limits

I think the limit of three GoN for each user is enough, and no more. They're supposed to be special hard-to-get dragons, and removing the cap for how many you could get would just make them end up like prize dragons; extremely common.

When it often take at least one year to get ONE, and sometimes several years, I don't see these ever becoming common as prizes.

I'm happy to have the new limit, and 5 would be nice for many players, but what-the-hay? Yeah, I guess I'll support the unlimited, as long as I don't start seeing people with hundreds on their scrolls. They should remain on the summoner's scroll, and never be allowed to be used for trading.

removing the cap for how many you could get would just make them end up like prize dragons; extremely common.

Please explain this. Some people have been trying for four years at every opportunity and still do not have ONE. This thread is not suggesting that they be trade-able, or even easier to get. Even asking for just 5, it may be 20 more years before some people get that many.

They won't be anymore common than they are now, if the limits were removed all it would accomplish is the limit being a combination of luck and patience to keep trying. And that's already there for some people, I still don't have a second one and until this happened I'd quit summoning because it wasn't worth the frustration

I think the limit of three GoN for each user is enough, and no more. They're supposed to be special hard-to-get dragons, and removing the cap for how many you could get would just make them end up like prize dragons; extremely common.

This has nothing to do with making them easier to obtain. Many users dont' have one even after years of summoning, I personally have none after a year of trying. It's all about most basic DC goals being unable to reach AT ALL, and to make them simply POSSIBLE to reach somewhen. The golden combination of 5(all sprites collecting) should be possible to get, even if after long term efforts.

Noone would be ever able to hoard GoNs even if they were limitless... Their rarity ratio would still stay extremelly rare + they'd still be untradeable. Efen if literally everybody had 5 GoNs(efen if for starters right after registering) on their scroll, GoNs would be extremelly rare actually.

Prize dragons are still very limited with a CB lineage. But their poorer rarity ratio has much to do with the kinda regular giveaways of tons of prize dragons... Which is not to occur by GoNs.

And what is your DC goal that you don't want to let others to be allowed to have at lest 5 GoNs limit? Would it really hurt you if the limit was more reasonable and making sense than of 3? Or even limitless? How does it disturb your goal? (It's not that I'm really asking you to tell me your goal, but I'm rather provoking you to think about it in a less selfish way than "I don't need it, so I don't want others to have a chance to get it either".)

Crazy idea in the house: what if, upon reaching three, more GoNs could only be obtained by trading? GoNs could only be traded if you already reached three, and if you let any self summoned ones beyond that freeze / reach adulthood, they'd automatically kick to the wild.

The logic would be, your GoNs are already supremely adapted to the territory in which you, the player, live. There's not enough space there for a bunch of the same type of GoNs, so you need to swap with different players to get ones that will adapt to different habitats. Would encourage players to work together, and would be an interesting way to both have limits and have no limits.

...Although, a downside to that could be people who've already got three GoNs trading them to other people with three GoNs for hoards of shinies... but at the same time, if someone already has three (or five, depending on if the original limit is raised) GoNs of their own, would they really feel the need to pay that high for more? Hm.

Would still prefer just normal unlimited, but thought I'd toss the idea out xd.png

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I'm not saying I would kick up a major fuss if they were tradable above a certain number, but I'd really rather not. Until prizes were added it was possible to obtain every dragon without trading if you didn't want too and I would prefer to not have to rely on such a method. Getting the prize sprites was enough of a nightmare.

Actually, why shouldn't the limit (if any) be dependable on how many biomes are there? There are 6, so there could be 6 GoNs available per scroll. 1 guardian of nature meant to take care of 1 biome. Just an idea how to explain another limit in a more, let's say, story-like way xd.png

No matter the final limit(5,6,7,...,none), it shouldn't be lower than 5... for the sake of a reasonable gameplay.

Actually, why shouldn't the limit (if any) be dependable on how many biomes are there? There are 6, so there could be 6 GoNs available per scroll. 1 guardian of nature meant to take care of 1 biome. Just an idea how to explain another limit in a more, let's say, story-like way xd.png

No matter the final limit(5,6,7,...,none), it shouldn't be lower than 5... for the sake of a reasonable gameplay.

So would this make the limit 6 (current biomes) or 7 (adding old cave into it)? smile.gif

@Pinkgothic: That's an interesting idea, but I'd prefer a cutoff at a certain point so the odds don't get too ridiculously low. D:

Ah, but there is a catch, because this would be the base, then modified by the number of full sets of trios that you have so even a small chance, given enough increase would eventually run into a summon.

I'm fine with 5 or unlimited

but I'm against pure breeding (GoN X GoN) and making frozen hatchlings not count to the limit (if you choose to freeze you have to live with it)

I'm pretty much just pro-anything that lets me have a full collection (adult of each gender, hatchling of each gender, ungendered hatchling - and it egg freezing ever becomes an option, an egg as well). How exactly that is achieved is not much of an issue for me smile.gif

I'm fine with 5 or unlimited

but I'm against pure breeding (GoN X GoN) and making frozen hatchlings not count to the limit (if you choose to freeze you have to live with it)

Why against the purebreeding?

It's an important part of my goal BTW... Frozens should be bred, possibly by their breed's parents(Vampires and NDs are such an exeption because they can't breed at all)

It should be each player's choice. Especially while they can't be tranded anyway, what's wrong wit everybody deciding for their own dragpns?

I'd prefer even number of allowed GoNs, but I was fine with two. They are meant to be very rare, so they should stay like that. In this way having one breedable GoN would be an only chance for some people to buy some rare dragons you can't catch. Like CB metallics or really short lineaged shimmers that are normally impossible to obtain. So I'm definitely against the idea of unlimited or even limited but with much higher (5 is max here) limits of GoNs or PB GoNs or tradable GoNs.

So would this make the limit 6 (current biomes) or 7 (adding old cave into it)? smile.gif

Now when you noteced this I don't really care:P 7 would make more people happy than 6, so...tongue.gif 7 cold be also explained by the 7th being supposed to coordinate the other 6 as a whole, like in a president - states relationship;)

"Extremely common"

"GoN"

I guess if having 1 or none after 4 years of trying makes them easy to get? unsure.gif

I would love an increase or no limit

Currently I have a frozen hatchling and still need an adult, with the limit at 3, I can still only get two adults to breed for the new dragons.

I don't want to get rid of my little hatchling, she's been on my scroll for awhile but I would like to be able to breed for the new ones (I also match up my dragons as life-mates)

5 would cover me having 3 adults, a winged and a first stage hatchling, but honestly unlimited would be amazing!

It's an important part of my goal BTW... Frozens should be bred, possibly by their breed's parents(Vampires and NDs are such an exeption because they can't breed at all)

It should be each player's choice. Especially while they can't be tranded anyway, what's wrong wit everybody deciding for their own dragpns?

I'm sorry but I'd have to agree. If GoN's breed together the only possibility should be a random chance of the three avatars. Getting GoN's through breeding defeats the purpose (and all the work players have spent on it) of summoning. Who would bother to summon anymore with even a small chance of getting a new GoN from breeding. GoN's should not ever be obtainable through anything but summoning. Not breeding and Not trading.

I'm sorry but I'd have to agree. If GoN's breed together the only possibility should be a random chance of the three avatars.  Getting GoN's through breeding defeats the purpose (and all the work players have spent on it) of summoning.  Who would bother to summon anymore with even a small chance of getting a new GoN from breeding.  GoN's should not ever be obtainable through anything but summoning.  Not breeding and Not trading.

With the same success ratio as summoning this would make no difference besides a neat pb lineage.

I also doubt your assumption - it fprgets this common tendency of CB-type lineages preference...

And people like me having their goal possible to reach.

Edited by Aniusia483

Making them breedable and making is so that a fancy hybrid is produced is the biggest reason to remove ANY limit on the GoNs. Especially since there is no limit on the Avatars, making there be even fewer reasons to limit GoNs.

Plus..

1. You still have to summon GoNs and that can take ages.

2. They are not tradeable, so there is no profit on summoning extras. Extras simply allow you more Avatar breeding opportunities without inbreeding.

3. Collectors who set goals of m/f adult pairs, m/f hatchlings and an ungendered hatchling need at least 5.

4. Collectors who set goals of matched m/f pairs need an even number like 6 or 8, or more. Just 5 is annoying because you can never match up another pair... even if they can't breed true, it's the principle of the matter.

5. You need at least 8 dragons to make a 5th gen even gen checker using GoNs in the baseline.

We got rid of limits on Holiday dragons because they outlived their usefulness. Personally, I think limits on the GoNs are useless too.

because these are Gods Summoned from another realm by powerful Dragons who have to work together in Large Numbers

unending incredibly powerful Gods who Guard a Large Area

it makes no sense for them to breed more Gods, demigods yes

An issue of common inbreeding of Avatars is also a valid reason for no limit or at least for rising it to a higher number to potentially make a wider ancestors base to be doable.

Some of us don't RP... so using RP reasons to deny something doesn't fly with a lot of us.

Exactly.

If such RP reasons would count then mine should count equally: to my dragons love and family is the entire sense of their existence, the only worth to them. That's why my GoNs would want to make love and become happy parents just like all other dragon couples around(in my cave). Why should they be unable to be happy, huh? And being unable to make love and have a family with the one they love while being able to breed with any other dragon they don't love? Just saying rolleyes.gif

Edited by Aniusia483

I don't like the idea of unlimited GoNs because they need to be summoned and summoning ratio can vary a lot from player to player.

I had to wait almost 2 years and half to get my first GoN and - I confess - I was quite envious of people summoning it on their first or second try. And it was a "useless dragon"

Now imagine what will happen with people summoning 8-10 GoN (and so being able to breed them, and to trade them, and to build lineage with them) in the time someone else is still to summon his first one. A lot of drama!

With a limit of 3 (or maybe 5, to help people who want to freeze hatchlings) I think it would be more fair and there would be less disparity between luckier and less lucky players.

Some of us don't RP... so using RP reasons to deny something doesn't fly with a lot of us.

you do realize that's the same as saying these are dragons so why do they have to have the right anatomy

and I don't RP but some things just have to make sense

because these are Gods Summoned from another realm by powerful Dragons who have to work together in Large Numbers

unending incredibly powerful Gods who Guard a Large Area

it makes no sense for them to breed more Gods, demigods yes

Actually in the Greek Mythology thingie the gods actually do have children that are gods (immortal) and demigods, but some of the demigods are immortal/got turned into gods and -- Okay I'm getting offtopic. X3

:U I seriously support no limits. What's the point? As Cinnamon Draconna said (and probably others too) you can't trade them off anyways, so there's no profit, people like to have families of dragons, and other people like to make checkers, or those dragons in base if they can't be obtained anymore.

If people want GoNs just keep spamming that Summon button and hoard s'more trios, mine took like 3 years and I wasn't jealous of anyone getting it very early.

Edited by car340