angelicdragonpuppy

Remove GoN Breed Limits

And you seriously never noticed that this would "essentially benefit" you? :lol:

No, because I was focused on the reasoning of having unlimited hatchlings, not my personal wants for no GoN limits.

Right now there are certain limits imposed by the game across the board. It doesn't matter how you play, the limits are the same for everyone. It's what you choose to do within those limits that is unique.

If you allow extra hatchlings only for those who are willing to freeze, you fundamentally change that. You are saying "The limit for GoN is three... unless you are willing to freeze, then it's six." That is completely unfair.

Each person now can have a maximum of 7 eggs (on a gold scroll - which everyone can earn) Whether or not they have 7 eggs is up to their own choice. They can have a limit up to 21 growing things. They can choose to have that many or not, but everyone can have the same amount once they've achieved the gold trophy and the gold trophy is available for all play styles. Every limit in the game at this point is like this. It doesn't matter how you play, that limit is the same.

What some of you are proposing is to change that. The limit would no longer be X GoN, it would be X GoN adults but you can have more GoN if your playstyle includes frozen hatchlings. That is a huge philosophical change in the game.

It is not unlike TJ saying, "If you have dragons stolen before 2010 you can have more than 2 CB winter holiday eggs this year." Rewarding longevity. Or "If you have more than 10 CB golds you can breed a special hybrid from them" Rewarding hoarding. It makes limits specific to playstyle a thing, and I think, a bad thing.

I think that trying to separate hatchling and adult limits is just making things too difficult. Just a plain breed limit (or not). o_O

(I haven't read everything in this thread.)

Hm.

I would not mind to continue my summoning to get more GoN, be it for my Avatar breeding plans (I can do swaps, though) or for freezing hatchlings. I will have 3 adult GoN (two males, 1 female) once I summon the third and I want to freeze all 3 hatchling stages of every breed if possible.

My scroll goal is actually having 8 CB males + 8 CB females of every breed, plus 3 hatchlings. I think it is unlikely to ever happen with GoN - same with Golds in my case, I still have to catch my first Gold in the cave myself rolleyes.gif

I have nothing against this suggestion, as long as the summoning stays as it is, GoN stay untradable & cannot breed with each other.

I think that trying to separate hatchling and adult limits is just making things too difficult. Just a plain breed limit (or not). o_O

I'm agreeing with Sock here. I'd rather have the limit of 5 or no limit at all, not separate limits for adults and hatchlings.

Whatever the limit may be I think it should be the same whether you freeze some or not. It is a decision each user should make for themselves, not some arbitrary "x number of adults, but you can have more if you freeze them." That doesn't even make sense to me.

I was kind of just thinking of an RP reason. I probably really shouldn't, since that really shouldn't be the basis of anything (except for making a bit of sense with it, but eh). GoNs are all powerful, so there's a limit because of their power. But hatchlings aren't nearly as powerful, so it's fine to have more of them.

That was my thought process, anyway.

Don't think I like the idea of unlimited. GONs are supposed to be rarely seen so getting as many as you want seems like it goes against the whole point of the breed. It it goes up, I think 5 because that way you can have a whole sprite set, a pair of adults of each gender and a baby, or all 5 adults. It gives you room to play since they can breed now. More then that seems like a lot. I don't think people who freeze should be able to have more either. That seems really unfair.

Edited by Rafaela22

GONs are supposed to be rarely seen so getting as many as you want seems like it goes against the whole point of the breed.

In nature.

I've mentioned it before in this thread. I also posted something about it in another thread:

I assume GoNs are rarely seen outside of summoning, and I think a lot of people have a misunderstanding about that. Considering how far apart the Trio dragons are normally, it would be incredibly rare for them to summon a GoN, so the only likely time a GoN would appear is whenever the domain they protect is threatened, hence their rarity and assumed god status.

Just because the description says they're rarely seen doesn't mean much. And besides, it's not like everyone is going to have several GoNs. It would take a very determined person to even go for 10 of them. Removing the limits isn't going to make them super common.

Don't support.

My reasons have already been said in previous posts. But I will add my voice to the thread anyway. Limit is 3. I say keep it that way.

Edited by Lyxii