ShadowRift

Trade/Gift Adults or Frozen Things

IOUs ARE allowed. Just not by posting them in threads and so on. Because then disappointed people complain to mods, who CANNOT reasonably be expected to police them. They just have to be done by PM and there is (and should be !) no way to appeal to anyone if things go wrong - very much an at your own risk thing.

And what is wrong with that ? I don't see it as stupid; and as for the suggestion that it's babysitting NOT to allow them in public - I'd think it more babysitting to allow them and expect the mods to police them for you. Take your own risks (I have a few running right now) and take the consequences yourself if you don't get what you expect. That is not having a babysitter; it's taking responsibility for yourself instead.

Edited a zillion times for typefails; I HAVE to get to bed xd.png

I mean, the mods should either babysit all the way through (ie. Monitoring IOUs) or don't interfere with IOUS altogether (ie. Allowing them on forums and IRC channels).

Putting it in the middile (banning IOUs) is just making the entire trade board and #dctrades completely worthless for anything else than commons.

==========================================================

Seriously, whoever comparing DC to other sites should stop - DC is DC, the other sites are the other sites. Yes they are all collecting sites, no they're completely different. Anyone with common sense won't hastily comapre something like Iran VS Malaysia, so I don't see any reason that the sites can be compared this easily.

Plus - Do the sites you mentioned gift away collected creatures of deleted accounts? If not, where did you see anything that can be compared with your suggestion for DC?

EDIT: Toned down language. The original level of language will be reserved for replying to posts that are even more ridiculous.

Edited by CNR4806

No, it's not. But allowing IOUs again officially and in trade threads would take away quite a few reasons why people want to have this implemented. If I had to choose between IOUs and trading adults, I'd rather have IOUs with all the risk there is - and, obviously, quite some people feel the same about it.

"If the IOU rule is kept/changed, I do/not support this" is fine.

"The IOU rule should change/stay the same" is not fine.

^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

If the IOU rule is kept/changed, I do/not support this is fine.

The IOU rule should change/stay the same is not fine.

^^

Pardon ?

*is thick*

Pardon ?

*is thick*

I think a few people were getting off topic and discussing the IOU rule, not the suggestion in relation to the IOU rule.

Pardon ?

*is thick*

Not positive, but I think she is quoting the various off topic posts.

My stand on trading/gifting/whatever adults is not in any way dependent on/affected by IOUs. I am against the trading/gifting/whatever of adult dragons for all the reasons I have stated, and I agree with many reasons of other players on this issue.

Oh.

OK. unsure.gif

Well, I am still not OK with trading/gifting adults any which way. You can't trade grown-up people (except in Very Bad Places who We All Rail Against !) so why grown-up dragons ? But if it happens I expect loads of people to come out of the woodwork and give me LOADS of old pinks, OK ? LOADS of them - and as plain gifts; I am not IOUing or anything else for them.

The end biggrin.gif.

Oh.

OK. unsure.gif

Well, I am still not OK with trading/gifting adults any which way. You can't trade grown-up people (except in Very Bad Places who We All Rail Against !) so why grown-up dragons ? But if it happens I expect loads of people to come out of the woodwork and give me LOADS of old pinks, OK ? LOADS of them - and as plain gifts; I am not IOUing or anything else for them.

The end biggrin.gif.

And I absolutely demand that everyone gives me every single frill because then it won't turn into *cough* ChickenSmoothie*cough* at all! And if you don't, then you're a horrible person and you'll be foed!

/endsarcasm.

But seriously, if this happens, I am getting rid of my computer. I got a great computer/internet to play dc, not to wallow in the misery of unfair gifts.

/groan.

The game is about catching and raising dragons. This would only kill the very purpose of the game.

The game is about catching and raising dragons. This would only kill the very purpose of the game.

This. Completely defeats the entire purpose of the game. Why would *anyone* EVER wait 5-6 days to catch an egg and completely grow it, if they could just trade for an already-adult dragon? The number of eggs picked up would drop tremendously and it would basically ruin the entire game.

just thought i put this up cuz i have 5 magma dragons that no one wanted to trade as an egg or hatchling

I'm not sure how the game would want to deal with a dragon coming on to your scroll with no wait time before it can breed, use BSAs, etc. It would effectively mean that there would no longer be any egg or hatchie limits; if a trader was efficient or if a cheater had friends helping them they could add literally an infinite number of dragons to a scroll in any period of time no matter how short.

Actually now that I think about it it would probably effectively reduce all cooldowns for everything to zero too, unless BSA and breeding cooldowns fail to reset with a new owner. If you and a friend constantly swap the same red dragon back and forth, you could just keep resetting its cooldown all day and all night and incuhatch infinity eggs out of the AP, limited only by the number of hatchies you can finally accumulate on both scrolls. Or if you accidentally breed a dragon with the wrong partner, just send it to a buddy, get it sent right back, and you get an instant do-over on something the game didn't intend you to be able to do until a week later.

...and if an adult's cooldowns did fail to reset with a new owner, I can see all sorts of strange trade situations arising like 'I traded for this adult red so I could incubate this special egg and now I find out it's on cooldown for another six days!! I was scammed!!'

just thought i put this up cuz i have 5 magma dragons that no one wanted to trade as an egg or hatchling

People are picky with trades. Most people want pretty lineages for adult dragons. Some of your magmas have very messy lineages, so people who want clean lineages probably would not want to trade for them, or would freeze them as hatchies. Magmas aren't impossible to find, so people will "hold out" for the perfect one.

If you wanna trade, I suggest looking for what the majority of the population is interested in before breeding, and then try to tailor your offers to what people are asking for.

I was thinking about this and I had an idea

idk if anyone else has thought of this and if its been shot down, im sorry

also if its impossible im sorry

but what about timed trades?

the only reason i would be intrested in an adult dragon would be for its bloodline, right? breeding only, so with a timed trade, say 24 hour lone, you could get a dragon with the pedegree you want, and breed it with one of your own. when the time, or the breeding is up, the dragon will go back to the original owner, with standered 7 day wait times.

y/n?

People are picky with trades. Most people want pretty lineages for adult dragons. Some of your magmas have very messy lineages, so people who want clean lineages probably would not want to trade for them, or would freeze them as hatchies. Magmas aren't impossible to find, so people will "hold out" for the perfect one.

If you wanna trade, I suggest looking for what the majority of the population is interested in before breeding, and then try to tailor your offers to what people are asking for.

well thtas dumb why be picky over the lineage when to me it doesnt seem to matter cuz it doesnt do anything to your dragon

well thtas dumb why be picky over the lineage when to me it doesnt seem to matter cuz it doesnt do anything to your dragon

but then You are the one trying to trade it to someone else who may care in which case what doesn't matter to you matters to someone else and that is what you have to look for in trading. Many people work really hard in order create beautiful lineages which takes a lot of work to create why would they trade for something they was just bred together in order to get a rare dragon. some people like sprites others like lineages everyone is different.

Maybe what is needed is "don't care about the lineage" trade thread ? Most people do care, especially when they are going to the trouble of listing things in a trade thread - where most people (IMHO) are looking for things to work into their own lineages - but there are a goodly number who don't

I am sorry, but I do not like this idea. I do not choose to hide my scroll or scroll name, but I also do not want to have to deal with a flood of requests to give people my old pinks and frills.

I also dontlike the idea.

My dragons are mine and when i dont play anymore, i dont want that others breed them!!!

I like lineages because:

1) I collect them

2) In the interests of getting the best trades possible, it's possible - if you don't care about lineages and happen to get a very good lineage - to use that good lineage to trade for lots of bad lineaged dragons, thus taking advantage of the trading system to benefit yourself with multiple dragons.

3) I have so many rare dragons anyway that I can afford to be picky in trades.

Edited by DarkEternity

For the love of god why are we reviving this thread when it's already 96% shot down?

@demongirl16

You don't care about lineages? That's fine, it's your opinion. You have no rights to force your idea upon everyone else. They have the rights to care about lineage, get utterly pissed off by random messy lineages and get excited by awesomely-planned lineages.

I'm confused as to how this, "This will break the game! People will be able to get adults without having to grab eggs!" logic works.

What are they going to trade for the adults in the first place if they aren't grabbing eggs?

Furthermore, plenty of other sites that involve catching and raising eggs have perfectly functioning trade systems that allow the trade of all stages of the creatures in question. What's so special about DC that the game would fall apart if something similar were implemented?

Edited by Derranged