ShadowRift

Trade/Gift Adults or Frozen Things

No one if forced to trade adults if they don't want. You can continue to play the game as it is now forever, it's your game, play as please you. The alternative to trade adults is going to bring the opportunity to play the game in better ways to other players who would like that.

I just saw today someone offering a green copper egg for 2 purple cb male hatchlings. I'm going to PM the person and ask if the person would accept a IOU, because I don't have 2 cb purple male hatchlings at the moment. But damn, I have dozens of cb purple male ADULTS. I could have offered 2 adults to this person if it was possible to trade adults. My efforts raising the dragons would have paid, I could get this CB green copper.

I want to be able to trade and gift adults, it will enrich the game.

The "no one forces you to use this" counter again? Please, it doesn't sound as convincing as it looks on first glance when it comes to radical suggestions that shake the foundations of the entire game.

Sure, no one is holding me at gunpoint forcing me to trade my adults away or trade for adults, doesn't change the fact that this suggestion would blow the trade market to hell if implemented, nor the fact that it would change the entire point of the game, and I'm not going to spend time explaining why it would be so because plenty of people have already done that.

Edited by CNR4806

Seriously guys, the arguments are too weak. Most of them are "OMG is going to change the game!" and I seriously don't see that as a bad thing. I hope that TJ agrees with me. It can be a huge positive step to grow up the game as a MUCH BETTER IMPROVED game!

I don't know for sure, but wouldn't this suggestion encourage multi-scrolling, or letting friends play on with one's own dragons?

Plus, there'd be that awful market of all kinds of unobtainables - be it CB prizes from people who decide to quit or old CB holidays, neglecteds and all sorts of things. It might also have a real impact on prices on the trading market because people can now offer all they have for something they cannot get their hands on any other way. 12 CB golds? No problem, if you already have them on your scroll.

Or people borrowing dragons. "Oh, you've already got your 3 GoNs? Could you borrow me your trios so I have better chances at summoning?"

I don't know for sure, but wouldn't this suggestion encourage multi-scrolling, or letting friends play on with one's own dragons?

Plus, there'd be that awful market of all kinds of unobtainables - be it CB prizes from people who decide to quit or old CB holidays, neglecteds and all sorts of things. It might also have a real impact on prices on the trading market because people can now offer all they have for something they cannot get their hands on any other way. 12 CB golds? No problem, if you already have them on your scroll.

Or people borrowing dragons. "Oh, you've already got your 3 GoNs? Could you borrow me your trios so I have better chances at summoning?"

I don't see why trade adults will encourage multiscrolling, I think it's EXACTLY the opposite, the way the game works now is that encourage multiscrolling because people get stucked with 7 eggs and use other scrolls as hatcheries. I think the fact that a person can trade adults will discourage the multiscrolling.

Yes, the trade marketing is going to change but I don't see that as a bad thing. And TJ can make as much restrictions as he wants like disable trade for frills or old pinks, as example, if that is a problem. There are many ways that we can develop better this idea it's just a matter of think about. The main question is keep our minds open to the idea, how implement and how improve it.

I don't see why trade adults will encourage multiscrolling, I think it's EXACTLY the opposite, the way the game works now is that encourage multiscrolling because people get stucked with 7 eggs and use other scrolls as hatcheries. I think the fact that a person can trade adults will discourage the multiscrolling.

Yes, the trade marketing is going to change but I don't see that as a bad thing. And TJ can make as much restrictions as he wants like disable trade for frills or old pinks, as example, if that is a problem. There are many ways that we can develop better this idea it's just a matter of think about. The main question is keep our minds open to the idea, how implement and how improve it.

The trouble is that there IS the possibility for increased harassment with this, and for other sorts of abuse too. Mind you, those things still happen with trades as we have them now, BUT I can see this suggestion making it worse. That said, TJ CAN implement restrictions as you say to make unobtainables untradable as adults. That might cut back on the abuses.

Seriously guys, the arguments are too weak. Most of them are "OMG is going to change the game!" and I seriously don't see that as a bad thing. I hope that TJ agrees with me. It can be a huge positive step to grow up the game as a MUCH BETTER IMPROVED game!

In your opinion.

MANY disagree. Many feel that it would break the game.

Your argument is no stronger than anyone else's - it boils down to "I want this so it is better than what we have." You see it as a good thing. I see it as a bad thing. Neither "argument" is stronger than the other.

You cannot see the value of any of the very reasonable arguments against this, perhaps because you want it so much. I can at least see why you want it - but the idea is anathema to me - and you cannot pause a minute to see why.

Play one of the games where adults are traded, if you like. DC is different. We also don't have to take care of our adults, play fighting games with them, or anything. It's lovely and peaceful and we can go at our own pace.

Edited by fuzzbucket

The trouble is that there IS the possibility for increased harassment with this, and for other sorts of abuse too. Mind you, those things still happen with trades as we have them now, BUT I can see this suggestion making it worse. That said, TJ CAN implement restrictions as you say to make unobtainables untradable as adults. That might cut back on the abuses.

Harassment must be dealt as it already is now: blocking the users that the person don't want to have contact with and end of stories. I doubt that it will become worst than it is now.

TJ can implement restrictions like "list of untradables" - GoNs already are untradables, it's just a matter of add other dragons to that list.

Harassment must be dealt as it already is now: blocking the users that the person don't want to have contact with and end of stories. I doubt that it will become worst than it is now.

TJ can implement restrictions like "list of untradables" - GoNs already are untradables, it's just a matter of add other dragons to that list.

I am quite sure it would be worse. I am still in shock over the person who practically demanded a rare hatchie I had carefully traded for last week. No-one should be allowed to ASK for someone else's adult in trade, for a START.

By the time TJ had implemented all the restrictions needed to make this REMOTELY acceptable, you'd be able to trade adult whiptails and waterwalkers, the end biggrin.gif

I am quite sure it would be worse. I am still in shock over the person who practically demanded a rare hatchie I had carefully traded for last week. No-one should be allowed to ASK for someone else's adult in trade, for a START.

By the time TJ had implemented all the restrictions needed to make this REMOTELY acceptable, you'd be able to trade adult whiptails and waterwalkers, the end biggrin.gif

I fully disagree. I can foresee trades of shimmers, golds, silvers, brines, coppers, just to name a few. It's perfectably acceptable, I don't see one single reason why not. You are saying that just because you don't like the idea of see adult trades. It's not a good argument.

I fully disagree. I can foresee trades of shimmers, golds, silvers, brines, coppers, just to name a few. It's perfectably acceptable, I don't see one single reason why not. You are saying that just because you don't like the idea of see adult trades. It's not a good argument.

It is as good an argument as many that you have brought up in favour - which are all - basically - "I want this".

I note that your scroll is hidden. That would have to stop, as YOU want this so your adults would need to be visible ! So that I can ask for them.

I could see how this could be useful for some, although I'm not all for it. It'd concern me if people were to ask me for dragons that I had worked hard to get (rares mainly). Also, hatchlings are going to adapt easier than an adult.

It'd be interesting to have, although I'd defiantly want some restrictions on it, like for how often an adult could be teleported or locks for certain things.

I could see how this could be useful for some, although I'm not all for it. It'd concern me if people were to ask me for dragons that I had worked hard to get (rares mainly). Also, hatchlings are going to adapt easier than an adult.

It'd be interesting to have, although I'd defiantly want some restrictions on it, like for how often an adult could be teleported or locks for certain things.

You know what will be awesome with this new feature? A lot of people who release their dragons to the wild just because they don't want them anymore will be able to trade them instead of release them! I saw several people mentioning that they had released their trios once they got their 2 Gons and now they were regretful because they will have to hoard them again to summon one more Gon. So I know a lot of people release dragons that they don't want anymore: don't release, trade! Awesome.

You know what will be awesome with this new feature? A lot of people who release their dragons to the wild just because they don't want them anymore will be able to trade them instead of release them! I saw several people mentioning that they had released their trios once they got their 2 Gons and now they were regretful because they will have to hoard them again to summon one more Gon. So I know a lot of people release dragons that they don't want anymore: don't release, trade! Awesome.

Actually, I still would probably release dragons. I have a bunch of extremely messy adults that I'm considering releasing, since they don't really work with my current collecting methods and are really only still there for nostalgia. Absolutely nobody would trade for these guys, I guarantee. You're also assuming that someone would always want something that someone else had to offer - I've abandoned hatchlings that, after days of offering for trade, nobody wanted. The same thing would happen with adults. If someone doesn't want a dragon on their scroll for any reason, this suggestion will not prevent them from releasing into the wild.

I'm completely against.

It's hard enough trying to trade eggs this would make it worse because people will think "Why would I take their 2nd gen metal when they have a perfectly good Caveborn silver they can trade?"

The reason why people will except lineaged eggs is because getting a CB is very difficult. All that would change if you could trade adults. There's a lot of CB adult metals floating around on people's scrolls.

Eggs would be almost worthless and trading them would be very difficult.

So why should anyone settled for a 2nd gen egg that they would need to spend a week on to raise to adulthood when there's perfectly good, ready to breed adults around?

So, for that, and other reasons stated in the thread, I'm against it.

Actually, I still would probably release dragons. I have a bunch of extremely messy adults that I'm considering releasing, since they don't really work with my current collecting methods and are really only still there for nostalgia. Absolutely nobody would trade for these guys, I guarantee. You're also assuming that someone would always want something that someone else had to offer - I've abandoned hatchlings that, after days of offering for trade, nobody wanted. The same thing would happen with adults. If someone doesn't want a dragon on their scroll for any reason, this suggestion will not prevent them from releasing into the wild.

But you will be able to GIFT the dragon, not only to trade. So you don't have to release this old messy dragon that you have, offer it in the gift/departure thread to someone. I'm sure it will be grabbed in seconds.

This definitely will decrease the number of dragons released, I'm sure.

Some people think that the trade market will be worst because it will be more offers of CBs, some people think the trade market will be worst because people will demand more dragons... I say that the dragon market will be BETTER because a lot of dragons that are off market now because they are untradable will be tradable! This probably is going to decrease the value of rares, for sure.

Edited by danicast

I am sorry to say I am not a fan and would not want to see this implemented. Having considered all points there are too many bad..some things seen and raised.

1. Harrassment - increase of - yes we have a report feature, but a lot of it happens already. Can you imagine owners of Prizes, Hollies, Old Holidays etc? It would be awful and whilst you can report these issues it does not save you having to experience it. Add on begging.

2. Trade Market - already outlined, would completely crash and go awol.

3. Multi scrolling - this would encourage. Now instead of that person having to juggle eggs and hatchlings they want with limited space onto their "main scroll" they can sign up as many as want, have many things growing and then just transfer all the adults once done. It would not discourage it - why would it? Yes TJ has ways to find these certain peeps but I think it could cause devastation

4. Implementing - a lot would have to be considered on this to implement both upfront and behind the scenes and imagine it would take a lot of encoding. We are awaiting on this encyclopaedia which has foreseen a June release due to work going into it. Do we really want delays for something I haven't really seen people love?

5. Release dragons - there is mentioned people have released dragons and they regretted it but yay they can now change. Whilst this would be the added bonus that unwanted dragons can be donated or traded most release wild due to personal scroll goal reasons and this will not change the past (yes it could change the mind in future).

6. Limits - haven't read entire thread but there would have to be limits on how many trade/types trade/etc. What is to stop someone transferring 2000 dragons in batches to another persons scroll? At least with the hatchling/egg limits whilst IOUs can be promised it is more controlled.

These are of course just my thoughts and opinions which everyone is entitled to, as this would have a very big impact on the entire gameplay I feel it really should be based on majority user opinion.

Edited by lilacamy931

I am sorry to say I am not a fan and would not want to see this implemented. Having considered all points there are too many bad..some things seen and raised.

1. Harrassment - increase of - yes we have a report feature, but a lot of it happens already. Can you imagine owners of Prizes, Hollies, Old Holidays etc? It would be awful and whilst you can report these issues it does not save you having to experience it. Add on begging.

2. Trade Market - already outlined, would completely crash and go awol.

3. Multi scrolling - this would encourage. Now instead of that person having to juggle eggs and hatchlings they want with limited space onto their "main scroll" they can sign up as many as want, have many things growing and then just transfer all the adults once done. It would not discourage it - why would it? Yes TJ has ways to find these certain peeps but I think it could cause devastation

4. Implementing - a lot would have to be considered on this to implement both upfront and behind the scenes and imagine it would take a lot of encoding. We are awaiting on this encyclopaedia which has foreseen a June release due to work going into it. Do we really want delays for something I haven't really seen people love?

5. Release dragons - there is mentioned people have released dragons and they regretted it but yay they can now change. Whilst this would be the added bonus that unwanted dragons can be donated or traded most release wild due to personal scroll goal reasons and this will not change the past (yes it could change the mind in future).

6. Limits - haven't read entire thread but there would have to be limits on how many trade/types trade/etc. What is to stop someone transferring 2000 dragons in batches to another persons scroll? At least with the hatchling/egg limits whilst IOUs can be promised it is more controlled.

These are of course just my thoughts and opinions which everyone is entitled to, as this would have a very big impact on the entire gameplay I feel it really should be based on majority user opinion.

1. Harassment_ I doubt that will increase. The difference will be instead of ask for a offspring people will ask for a dragon. Deal as you already does now.

2. Trade Market: IMPROVED! You can trade any dragon so the value of the dragons will decrease for sure, it's a matter of growing offer and less demand

3. Multi scrolling: DISCOURAGED! Since you can get 100 adult dragons for your own scroll there is no need anymore to keep other scrolls to be hatcheries

4. Implementing: PIECE OF CAKE! Since all the features are already existent, just need to be applied to adult dragons

5. Release dragons: IT WILL DECREASE! Because now you won't be stuck with that dragon that you don't want, you can gift or trade!

6. Limits: it depends of how many magis you have. It's already like this, is not going to change.

Any more questions? smile.gif

Let me add another thing: this feature is going to make the game so much more interesting, so much more playable, I'm sure people will enjoy the game much more.

Edited by danicast

I don't really want to see this as a thing that happens.

Sure, it'll make SOME things easier when it comes to trading, but the bad parts seem to completely outweigh the good.

The economy is terrible as it is. We don't need to add in being able to trade rare adults and make it a hundred times worse. I know that the economy is fluid, which is good, but being able to trade adults will put the economy in such a perpetual state of motion that it'll be impossible for anyone to trade, especially for the people without rare dragons to trade.

I can also see the people supporting this idea complaining later on because they traded away a rare dragon that they wanted to keep later on down the road. Which would be /really/ annoying.

Also harassment, uh yeah, it'll increase astronomically. Imagine how many pms a cb tinsel or shimmer owner will get from people wanting to trade for their prize...it'll become near impossible (or at least take most of a day) to block all of those people. I have no idea how you think that harassment won't be a problem.

Anddd would you really want the game to become /that/ easy? Being able to trade adults gets rid of the challenge associated with breeding, catching and raising eggs. You'd better believe a lot of people would stop raising eggs completely if this were implemented. If anyone plays WoW, I'd equate trading adults to the level 90 boost they just released, it bypasses the core function of the game and discourages people from doing what the game is all about just because they're too lazy to raise dragons or just want everything right now. I like the challenge that DC represents.

Yeah, no. Trading adult dragons WILL break the game and I am relieved that DC is one of the few games out there that doesn't let you trade adults. It's a nice change of pace.

Edit: So many people would QUIT the game over this, making it less playable for everyone left behind. People drift away when they get bored, can you imagine how many people would leave if the game becomes so incredibly easy that it doesn't capture their interest anymore? And believe me, it would become VERY, mind numbingly easy.

Edited by Wolfsong442

1. Harassment_ I doubt that will increase. The difference will be instead of ask for a offspring people will ask for a dragon. Deal as you already does now.

2. Trade Market: IMPROVED! You can trade any dragon so the value of the dragons will decrease for sure, it's a matter of growing offer and less demand

3. Multi scrolling: DISCOURAGED! Since you can get 100 adult dragons for your own scroll there is no need anymore to keep other scrolls to be hatcheries

4. Implementing: PIECE OF CAKE! Since all the features are already existent, just need to be applied to adult dragons

5. Release dragons: IT WILL DECREASE! Because now you won't be stuck with that dragon that you don't want, you can gift or trade!

6. Limits: it depends of how many magis you have. It's already like this, is not going to change.

1. So what ? Why would I want to give up a dragon that can breed good stuff for me and for trade.

2. The trade values for rare adults will skew the trading that most of us prefer (look at the posts in this thread) beyond all recognition. As Kitsune93 says:

It's hard enough trying to trade eggs this would make it worse because people will think "Why would I take their 2nd gen metal when they have a perfectly good Caveborn silver they can trade?"

3. It will make NO difference to multiscrolling. Why should it ? People who want to collect more and more stuff to be able to trade adults will want more scrolls to do that on, not fewer.

4. Only TJ knows how easy this would be to implement. We can't guess. It's pointless.

5. I shall carry on releasing. If I want rid of a dragon - why would I want to wait around to trade it ? I can release it at once. And I'm hardly likely to want to get rid of anything worth having, so I'd not be releasing that, only the ones I - DON'T WANT - and that no-one else would want either. If they were worth having I'd be keeping them.

6. What's your point here ? Sure - we'd need magis. They have a whole 2 days cool-down and many of us have armies of them. I've got (just a sec) 33. Every two days I can unload 132 dragons. That's - quite a lot.

Your desperate desire for this seems to blind you to the fact that most people in this thread have very valid reasons not to want it.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Let me add another thing: this feature is going to make the game so much more interesting, so much more playable, I'm sure people will enjoy the game much more.

Unfortunately, Danicast... Whether or not it improves the game is up to individuals' own opinions. Some may decide that they like it, others may not. IT may end up alienating as many people as not as some have pointed out. I don't think driving away users is a thing TJ would want to risk. Given the misgivings that have been expressed in this thread, I don't see too many people who seem excited about this idea. Now, granted, if this were implemented, some of those people might be won over. They also might not.

SOME of the issues people point out with this are very real, and you seem to be inclined to gloss over them.

Edited by Silverswift

1. Harrassment - people will no longer pester for offspring instead pestering for the cbs themselves. There are self-righteous on here who make demands and I know off too many people run off the forum already due to it, report button or no report button sad.gif it is about and it does impact sadly.

2. Trade market - crashed - 2nd gen prizes can already go for anything they want as an example, a lot of the time requests are at least being limited to what a person can catch. How does this stop everyone wanting outlandish things? The avatar market right now shows this in good detail and those are breeding well.

3. Multi Scrolling - now that a multi scroller can get a 100 adult dragons in trade - what do you expect them to trade with? That's right the many dragons they collate from the many scrolls dry.gif

4.Implementing - really TJ's thoughts would be best on this one, hopefully he can swing by with a thought ie: flick of a switch or more integrated (it would need his approval and time anyway)

5. Released dragons - for the future yes as an extra option.

6. Limits - Example I have 30 magis x 4 per slot = 120 dragons I can send every 2 days. Not saying a bad thing necessarily as I can do this with hatchlings and eggs currently but I fear huge transferals in large blocks. Holidays need to be considered carefully ie: Snow Angels are scroll colour coded - if transferred would they change colour accordingly to new users scroll. Same with Black Sweetlings - these were apology gifts would these change colour also if transferable?

Hope do not mind pointers (its easier for an oldie like me) I do not wish to be a downer but the reality is there is some negative impact and we must not go in with rose tinted glasses. I have been swayed before so will see what develops but gut feel isn't good (any even minor tweaks creates no end of drama on DC, I can see this causing a ruckus)

The irony is that your statement saying that the game would be improved by implementing adult trading is an opinon, not an argument. So no matter how weak you see the others' arguments are, they are, at the very least, actual arguments supported by evidence.

And from what I saw, you did not put up any sort of counter-argument to address most of the questions raised, just opinions after opinions and with absolutely no attempt to back them up.

You are kidding, right?

Right now, multiscrollers are limited by the fact that their main scroll has limited scroll space, which limits the effectiveness of multiscrolling, because the excess eggs and hatchlings they take on their alt scrolls can't all get back onto their main scroll on time, if they aren't careful in their maths and took too many that is. In other words, if the multiscroller's aim is to get all the important stuff back to his main scroll, the effective extra slots given by the alt scrolls is limited by the current limitations of trading.

With adult transferral possible it would basically be "register as many scrolls as you can without getting caught multiscrolling for maximum profit".

So yes, enabling adult transfer is going to encourage multiscrolling because it would make the incentive to do so much bigger than it currently is.

Edited by CNR4806

1. Harassment: it will increase because people would be asking for adults AND offspring. Plus currently unobtainable dragons would be obtainable so people would be harassed for those.

2. Trade Market: how exactly does lowering the value of dragons improve the trade market? Commons would be completely worthless, rares will be 100x more difficult. The only thing it would be helping are those currently unobtainable dragons which would become the most valuable dragon on DC.

3. Multi scrolling: Those 100 dragons would becoming from a second scroll? As lilacamy931 said, people would just get a second scroll, raise dragons there and then trade them over whence they're adults.

4. Implementing: I don't know anything about coding so I can't really say anything about this. It will be added work to distract TJ from other more exciting projects though.

5. Release: you were never stuck with dragons you don't want. And if no one wants a messy inbred common, you'll still be "stuck" with it because the value of all dragons lowered immensely.

6. Limits: you could trade over more magis. Seeing as the number of magis is unlimited, the number of trades is also unlimited. Trade is only really limited now by the number of slots you have.

You're free to believe this, of course. However, consider what the availability of prize dragons has done to the trade market. Instead of prices for other things decreasing, you now have difficulty trading anything that isn't a low gen prize except in niche threads, as a more or less one to one swap. Most people just gift those things in any case, because in the Trade Market anything that can't buy you a low gen prize or cb metal is pretty much worthless.

Now imagine what the ability to trade rares and uber rares would do to the already strained market. I have 4 cb frills and 2 cb bright pinks. How much would people be willing to trade for those? (Not that I'd trade them!) I have cb of every holiday except hollies. I have some 2nd gen prizes. What sort of offers do you think I'd get for those? Yet, if adults were able to be traded, what do you think the people who can catch cb metals or can breed 2nd and 3rd gen prizes will want for their stuff? And you can be sure there'd be little notes at the bottom of the trade post that no other offers need apply. The demand for uber-rare adults would be astronomical, and the number available would be extremely small. All other trade values would be affected by this.

It is, I think, naive to think the ability to trade adults would not profoundly affect trading in every facet of DC. I believe that impact would be a negative one.

Oh, man, I'm sad in read all of this. I never expected to see so much negativity together. Nobody is seeing the brilliant aspects of this idea, everybody is just searching for negativity. At least this makes me understand (I'm pretty much noob in this game) why some suggestion spend years before get approved, why this game is so slow and why we don't see new improvements for years. Now it makes sense for me, thank you for that.