AlternateMew

Zombie advice

Are you sure about that? I have 4 hatchlings that survived the viewbomb and all of them gendered while they were fogged and not before I fogged them, so I am really phoping you ate right here.

Not unfogging these babies.....

Things have to be unfogged to be able to grow up.

Okay, so all my zombie hatchling fodder have died!

4 Ungendered

4 Females

11 Males

...like, really...xd.png Manly zombies...

As for adults...

1 Ungendered

1 Male

3 Females

I'll revive them on Halloween, hopefully I can at least get the Cheese I killed to zombify. I need to kill more males though...:<

Much luck to you, Stellalunna22! And to everyone else trying to get zombies this year, of course.

At the moment I'm getting excited for the egg drops since I sadly missed the last three Halloweens. I hope I can grab some PBs! *Fingers crossed*

Are you sure about that? I have 4 hatchlings that survived the viewbomb and all of them gendered while they were fogged and not before I fogged them, so I am really phoping you ate right here.

Not unfogging these babies.....

Absolutely 100% positive. They can gender in the fog but they just can't grow up. No worries. wink.gif

ETA: Oops, forgot to mention that all of my hatchlings that gendered did so while they were fogged. Because I hatched them, fogged them, and left them to die. smile.gif

Edited by Eos

Unless the names are spelled/spaced different you didn't use them last year. dead things can not be unnamed thus the name is permanently gone if they die. Which is why it is better to wait to name after reviving them. You won't be able to try again with a lost name because the system still thinks the dead dragon has it.

It seems there has been a change, as reported here - seems it is possible to reclaim names. Maybe only the ones of dead dragons on your own scroll?

Oh man. xd.png It just occurred to me that it's possible to revive hatchlings back to life, which is going to do..... interesting things to my scroll lock status on Halloween. xd.png I'll have only 3 spare slots. So I guess that means if any come back to life I'll just abandon them.

And because I can't remember last year, do zombie hatchlings automatically get frozen as soon as you 'revive' them? Or do you have to freeze them yourself?

And because I can't remember last year, do zombie hatchlings automatically get frozen as soon as you 'revive' them? Or do you have to freeze them yourself?

Zombie hatchies are automatically frozen. Not sure what happens to the timer of successful revives however

Oh man. xd.png It just occurred to me that it's possible to revive hatchlings back to life, which is going to do..... interesting things to my scroll lock status on Halloween. xd.png I'll have only 3 spare slots. So I guess that means if any come back to life I'll just abandon them.

Grab your Halloween eggs first. Zombies auto-freeze and if fully revived, the hatchling numbers can go above your normal limit. You just can't get more (by catching or trading) until you are back under the limit. Someone (probably Fortytwo again) had a screenshot showing they were locked with 36/21 hatchlings. lol So, revived hatchlings can put you over the normal limit, without causing problems.

They only live for about 30 minutes though, so you need to either freeze them or get them some views to grow into adults fast.

Zombie hatchies are automatically frozen. Not sure what happens to the timer of successful revives however

From the conversation about successful revives on hatchies, it should come back to life with maybe 30 minutes left on the timer and needs to be ERd or frozen immediately or it will die again. (The timer will likely not display correctly, though.)

On the other hand for hatchies that were killed, their timers will still tick down in the background if it's revived before that hidden timer runs out, it will still have whatever time left to grow. If the timer runs out before it is revived, then it will be the same scenario as above.

Edited by ParticleSoup

Grab your Halloween eggs first.  Zombies auto-freeze and if fully revived, the hatchling numbers can go above your normal limit.  You just can't get more (by catching or trading) until you are back under the limit.  Someone (probably Fortytwo again) had a screenshot showing they were locked with 36/21  hatchlings.  lol  So, revived hatchlings can put you over the normal limit, without causing problems.

They only live for about 30 minutes though, so you need to either freeze them or get them some views to grow into adults fast.

Thanks, that's helpful to know. smile.gif I'll definitely get my Halloween dragons first then.

And now another question.

How do you viewbomb a hatchling? I've tried putting one in every single hatchery I know of, but still nothing, and it's too 'young' to put in an AR.

I've never had reason to viewbomb anything but a ND experiment before this so I don't know how it's done. PLENTY of people on the forums know this secret though. dry.gif

And now another question.

How do you viewbomb a hatchling? I've tried putting one in every single hatchery I know of, but still nothing, and it's too 'young' to put in an AR.

I've never had reason to viewbomb anything but a ND experiment before this so I don't know how it's done. PLENTY of people on the forums know this secret though. dry.gif

If you are a member of a high-traffic forum where you can post them you might have a chance of getting them enough views to kill them. But hatchlings are much, much harder to kill than eggs and anyone I know who was trying to kill them with hatcheries alone has failed. And the older they get the harder they are to kill. I have found it is much easier just to fog them and let them run out of time.

Most view-bombing happens with eggs, if I am not mistaken, for this very reason. Even if a whole scroll is being view bombed you don't really hear of hatchlings dying from it -- only the eggs.

If you are a member of a high-traffic forum where you can post them you might have a chance of getting them enough views to kill them. But hatchlings are much, much harder to kill than eggs and anyone I know who was trying to kill them with hatcheries alone has failed. And the older they get the harder they are to kill. I have found it is much easier just to fog them and let them run out of time.

Most view-bombing happens with eggs, if I am not mistaken, for this very reason. Even if a whole scroll is being view bombed you don't really hear of hatchlings dying from it -- only the eggs.

I was afraid of that. Drat, I had one egg that took longer than the others to hatch, and now the hatchling is going to die on Halloween. I don't like cutting it that close but eh, oh well. At least it's still in time.

Is there any tip or trick for getting the dragon to stop dodging the dang blade? I've tried for three days now and it keeps dodging. I know once you try you can't try again until the next day, but each day it keeps dodging. Any secrets to doing this?

Try a different dragon. This was why I marked down over 10 adults to try to slay; I had half of my marked ones dodge.

Nothing has dodged my blade. It ran with the blood of many dragons, muahahahaha! My sword was thirsty this past week.

...on that thought, what color is dragon blood, anyway? wink.gif

@ zaverxi

I think it depends on the dragon. tongue.gif Still, I often wondered about the dragons' bloods... what ones are cold-blooded, warm blooded and the various colors their blood might or might not be. Odd, but yes. I have pondered.

@ Marie19R

There is no trick. Like gendering (unless you use Pink Dragon influence), it runs like a lottery. Unfortunately, whatever you have been doing is getting the same roll. It might be the time of day, the type of dragon, who knows? As Stellaluna22 said, you should try other dragons you are willing to put up for experiment.

Edited by Nyxity

If you kill a hatchling, does it take up your scroll slot for a full 24 hours, or less than that?

Edited by zaverxi

It has been a long time, but I'm pretty sure egg, hatchlings and adults all fall under the two weeks category. Not a day. Two weeks.

I think you're confusing a kill slot with a scroll slot? The kill slot is taken up for two weeks, and a killed egg takes up an egg slot on your scroll for 24 hours (I've lost my fair share of bred eggs because of forgetting that). I'm actually not sure if a hatchling does the same, particularly because I almost never hit the growing creatures limit. If it does keep a slot though, it is fairly likely to be exactly 24 hours.

1 day and 6 hours left until my last batch of hatchlings die. biggrin.gif It's so nice to have the scroll space again.

I ended up with 33 hatchlings (10 female, 10 male, 13 no gender). Pretty good stats considering I didn't influence any of them. blink.gif

I think you're confusing a kill slot with a scroll slot? The kill slot is taken up for two weeks, and a killed egg takes up an egg slot on your scroll for 24 hours (I've lost my fair share of bred eggs because of forgetting that). I'm actually not sure if a hatchling does the same, particularly because I almost never hit the growing creatures limit. If it does keep a slot though, it is fairly likely to be exactly 24 hours.

I don't know anything about killing hatchlings by action, but just now 2 of my zombie fodder hatchie died because they time ended - and now I have 2 more slots free. So if you kill them not using kill action they won't take your slot smile.gif

user posted image

It's my first try for zombies, I hope at least one of my dragon will turn. I didn't really thought about hatchiling-zombies, so I will have less than ten to try on Halloween.

I've got nine ungendered hatchies, 13 male and 16 female, although six of those don't officially die for another two days. Hoping more female than male make it, as they're outnumbered on my scroll!

Anyone else here who killed adults on the 17th and has the kill slots back already? I killed 4 adults on the 17th and one a few days ago, and I have 4 kills available right now. They should've come back on the 31st? Weird.