AlternateMew

Zombie advice

So far I've only had two fogged hatchlings die ungendered. 15 more gendered in the fog. Still waiting on 16 to run out of time.

Caught the last of my hatchlings-to-die-in-fog today. Now to wait for them all to die and wait for Halloween breeding to open. happy.gif

My cemetary this year:

user posted image

Crumbled Mountain may have been a successful revive last year, I don't remember. I guess we'll see. I tried to think of ways the various breeds would die. It's hard. Also, there's a couple game references in there. (Minecraft death-messages (One of these years I WILL have a zombie whose name is "Tried to swim in lava"...)) xd.png

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

Nice share, VW!

I'm sticking to adults for this year when it comes to testing the zombie waters... and will probably do the same next year until I have at least one adult zombie male, female and ungendered... seeing how many hatchlings people have managed to let die without them hindering their slots... I'll assume one has a far greater chance at getting zombie hatchlings than adults...

So hard work first for me. ^__^0

Reminder: Today and tomorrow are the last days to catch eggs for zombie fodder!

Without incubate, today is the last day to catch zombie fodder from the AP, and with incubate it's tomorrow! Eggs must hatch on the 24th or before to get a tombstone on the 31st. Happy hunting and starving!

@VioletWhirlwind: I wish you success with your zombies so that you don't lose your awesome names! I'm not naming mine this year because I lost some fun names last time.

I tossed back the two CB AP eggs I picked up this morning. I'm just going to stick with 33 hatchlings and 5 (hopefully 10) adults. Otherwise I won't have space for 7 new dragons this weekend when Halloween breeding begins. >__<

ETA: Used the wrong word o.O;

Edited by Eos

My cemetary this year:

user posted image

Crumbled Mountain may have been a successful revive last year, I don't remember. I guess we'll see. I tried to think of ways the various breeds would die. It's hard. Also, there's a couple game references in there. (Minecraft death-messages (One of these years I WILL have a zombie whose name is "Tried to swim in lava"...)) xd.png

Roflol, I love these names!

I wait to name mine so I can see what I have for successes. This year my goal was to expand my tombstone variety, maybe next year I'll try "zombie families". In the mean time I have plenty of fodder for this year, both adult and hatchling, so I'm crossing my fingers for a good year.

Here are my totals!

Zombie Fodder

Hatchlings: 19 (18 dead, 1 waiting to die)

Adults: 5 (will kill another 5 on Halloween, I've marked the 5 dodgers on the 17th)

@VioletWhirlwind: I wish you success with your zombies so that you don't lose your awesome names! I'm not naming mine this year because I lost some fun names last time.

Heh thanks. That's why I take a screenshot every year...if I lose the names, I can look them up and try again next year. tongue.gif A couple of those names this year are probably repeats.

Fogged hatchlings can't grow up while fogged, can they? Because I noticed a few I fogged had accumulated enough views to gender while still fogged. dry.gif

I don't want these darn things to grow up as soon as I unfog them either.

They can grow in fog if they got enough views beforehand.

Crap. I bombarded them with views to get them to hatch and then fogged them immediately. Oh well, live and learn.

Fogged hatchlings can't grow up while fogged, can they? Because I noticed a few I fogged had accumulated enough views to gender while still fogged. dry.gif

I don't want these darn things to grow up as soon as I unfog them either.

They can gender if they received enough views before they were fogged, but they cannot grow up unless you unfog them.

@Nyxity- They can't grow up in fog...?

Edited by Sylph264

They can gender if they received enough views before they were fogged, but they cannot grow up unless you unfog them.

@Nyxity- They can't grow up in fog...?

Oh good. I didn't think they would but with how game mechanics keep getting changed behind our backs and under our noses, I wanted to make sure.

The grow into adults thing, I'm not sure. I've never experimented in that and in terms of experience, I never had to fog a hatchling after it entered S2. Logically, I would think they could... but again, they would have to reach a certain quota of views.

The grow into adults thing, I'm not sure. I've never experimented in that and in terms of experience, I never had to fog a hatchling after it entered S2. Logically, I would think they could... but again, they would have to reach a certain quota of views.

No. They can't grow up in the fog even with enough views. You have to unfog them for them to grow. If you don't unfog, they run out of time and die.

Ah, cool. I hope I remember this info when I do begin experimenting on hatchlings for zombies.

They can't grow up in the fog. The only way they could grow up is if you unhid them and they had enough views to grow up and the timing was just right. But not in the fog. That's how we're killing them. Just leaving them fogged until their time is up.

That's why it's so easy (in my opinion) to prepare hatchlings for Halloween since you just catch them, hatch them, and then fog'em until they die. wink.gif

Is anyone getting their last set of hatchies tomorrow? I think I'm set with my 19 hatchling fodder.

Anyone else here pause a moment of occasion and think "Don't we all sound a bit heartless?" I keep thinking that. Yeah, they are sprites, but they are our virtual babies, too. We are bad dragon guardians. xd.png

Another one of my hatchlings gendered at 1 day left.. :3 I'm ok with just 2 gendered hatchlings.

Is anyone getting their last set of hatchies tomorrow? I think I'm set with my 19 hatchling fodder.

I thought about it, but I'm already at 14/21 for my overall limit, so I decided not to. smile.gif I'd rather have all of my egg slots when Halloween breeding starts!

I'm at 3/21, but just to be sure I won't be locked when the breeding begins (omg 2-3 days!!!!), I'm not gonna get more.

and yes we are totally heartless

*dies 2 seconds later*

Heh thanks. That's why I take a screenshot every year...if I lose the names, I can look them up and try again next year. tongue.gif A couple of those names this year are probably repeats.

Unless the names are spelled/spaced different you didn't use them last year. dead things can not be unnamed thus the name is permanently gone if they die. Which is why it is better to wait to name after reviving them. You won't be able to try again with a lost name because the system still thinks the dead dragon has it.

I would like to collect one of each of the tombstones and I am also trying for a male hatchling to complete my set. I'm not collecting crazy numbers of fodder, though. I have one hatchling from each biome that I still need and one backup adult. If that doesn't give me what I need I guess I will just wait until next year and concentrate my efforts on what I still want to collect then.

Edited by purplehaze

They can't grow up in the fog. The only way they could grow up is if you unhid them and they had enough views to grow up and the timing was just right. But not in the fog. That's how we're killing them. Just leaving them fogged until their time is up.

That's why it's so easy (in my opinion) to prepare hatchlings for Halloween since you just catch them, hatch them, and then fog'em until they die. wink.gif

Are you sure about that? I have 4 hatchlings that survived the viewbomb and all of them gendered while they were fogged and not before I fogged them, so I am really phoping you ate right here.

Not unfogging these babies.....