AlternateMew

Zombie advice

Imma ask a question that may be sorta silly, but... what is a zombie dragon? Like the Crypt? Why is it called that?

6 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Imma ask a question that may be sorta silly, but... what is a zombie dragon? Like the Crypt? Why is it called that?

The official name is "Undead Dragon". You cannot find them in the biomes or breed for them, they have to be "created" by failing to revive a dead hatchling or adult dragon. They come in many different forms, based on what their original breed was. So a zombified Pygmy dragon will look differently from a Two-Headed Zombie dragon.

Here is an example for a zombie dragon wyvern: https://dragcave.net/lineage/RxBwS

Just a bit of advice for anyone trying for a S1 Tangledrakin.  The usual rule of thumb for a S1 is not to let UV's get over 200, which usually means anything under 3 days to death to be certain.  Being the impatient thing I am, 2 days 23 has never let me down yet, although some argue with me that it's still too soon.

However, these have proved the exception to my rule, and at 2 days 22 I watched as these Tangled's refused to hatch, sending UV's way over the 200 limit.  Consequently, I'm expecting them all to be S2's.  I've bred 8 more and I won't be hatching them until the final day!  (Please DC, don't make it nigh on impossible to get a S1.)

16 hours ago, Quinney said:

However, these have proved the exception to my rule, and at 2 days 22 I watched as these Tangled's refused to hatch, sending UV's way over the 200 limit.  Consequently, I'm expecting them all to be S2's.  

In my experience, stubborn species also consistently take more views to get to s2, so if you follow the time limit and don't let them get views after hatching, they'll probably remain s1. Tangleds are definitely on the stubborn range.

On 10/8/2023 at 9:06 PM, Kith said:

Oh dear, so I've been wasting my kill slots all these years on a personal goal that was not longer possible. I guess that will make collecting the rest somewhat easier. Thank you.

I'm sorry, that's absolutely tragic. I'm assuming you want an ungendered adult zombie, and I don't know if this helps as they're an even rarer dragon than cheese and paper, but ungendered neglecteds can still become ungendered zombies.

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

I'm sorry, that's absolutely tragic. I'm assuming you want an ungendered adult zombie, and I don't know if this helps as they're an even rarer dragon than cheese and paper, but ungendered neglecteds can still become ungendered zombies.

Well, part of it is that one of my original zombies was an adult paper, which in the beginning was a regular zombie that then became a lindwurm zombie after the other body types were introduced. So since an ungendered s2 lindwurm hatchling is now impossible, I can't have the "full" set. NDs tend to go for CB stats and metals, and I don't think I'd be able to get enough of them to make trying for ungendered western zombies feasible, so I'm just going to have to cut my losses in that area.

6 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

In my experience, stubborn species also consistently take more views to get to s2, so if you follow the time limit and don't let them get views after hatching, they'll probably remain s1. Tangleds are definitely on the stubborn range.

Thanks for this. That thought did cross my mind, and I hid as soon as they hatched so fingers crossed.

How many views does a hatchling need to die? My view bombing has never been very effective. I want some hatchie zombies without using kill but I always fail.

11 hours ago, Elery. said:

How many views does a hatchling need to die? My view bombing has never been very effective. I want some hatchie zombies without using kill but I always fail.

Honestly, I've never had a hatchling die unless it got deathly sick as an egg first.  Most of them are fairly hardy, and require a lot of views to actually die.

Pretty sure you can just fog them until they die, though.  Starting today the 31st for maximum success rate will be within the 2 week window for the tombstones, so you've got a little bit of time to load up on hatchlings and letting them time out.  Harder to get S1s because they tend to gender as they get down towards critical time even if you tried to keep the views low (at least that's my experience), but it's doable in theory.  Easier to get S2s that way.

@Elery.

I never managed to kill a Hatchie by viewbombing either - and I have tried hard!

If you have hatchies you want to sacrifice,  just fog them and let the time run down. They will safely die. And as there are exactly 14 days now until Oct 31, every hatchie you fog right now to die will be  dead in time and the tombstone will be there at Oct 31.

It's all very good explained on the first sites of this thread, f. e. the timer:

October 3rd - This is the first day you can grab new eggs and hatch them to fog them and let them die. You will need the egg to hatch on its last day of life.

October 7th - This is the first day you can grab new eggs and hatch them without the use of incubate to let them die.

October 8th - This is the first day you can grab new eggs and hatch them with the use of incubate to let them die.

October 10th - This is the first day you can grab new/hatch hatchlings to fog them and wait for them to die.

October 17th - This is two weeks before Halloween, so kill your first 5 dragon fodder now. If you do, then you can kill 5 more on Halloween for a total of 10 zombie adult attempts. Have extra fodder (at least double of what you want to attempt is a good guideline) because dragons that dodge your blade will continue to dodge for the rest of that day, so if a dragon dodges, you will need backups.

October 24th - Last day to grabnew /hatch hatchlings to fog them and wait for them to die.

October 31st - Halloween. Attempt to revive all dead zombie fodder today. As soon as your kill slots come back, you can also kill your second round of adult zombie fodder.

So don't forget - today is the day to kill the first 5 adults!

I will try for two-headed wingless, killing attempts will be on 4 Tangledrakins and 1 Crypt, I'll wait one or two hours more tho, there will be summer time change and its a work day, I don't want to be surprised by any time troubles XD

Edited by Su_Halcon

11 hours ago, KageSora said:

Honestly, I've never had a hatchling die unless it got deathly sick as an egg first.  Most of them are fairly hardy, and require a lot of views to actually die.

Pretty sure you can just fog them until they die, though.  Starting today the 31st for maximum success rate will be within the 2 week window for the tombstones, so you've got a little bit of time to load up on hatchlings and letting them time out.  Harder to get S1s because they tend to gender as they get down towards critical time even if you tried to keep the views low (at least that's my experience), but it's doable in theory.  Easier to get S2s that way.

7 hours ago, Astreya said:

@Elery.

I never managed to kill a Hatchie by viewbombing either - and I have tried hard!

If you have hatchies you want to sacrifice,  just fog them and let the time run down. They will safely die. And as there are exactly 14 days now until Oct 31, every hatchie you fog right now to die will be  dead in time and the tombstone will be there at Oct 31.

Thank you. Ill fog a couple and hope they die, the view bombed one grew up into a healthy adult 🫠

5 hours ago, Elery. said:

Thank you. Ill fog a couple and hope they die, the view bombed one grew up into a healthy adult 🫠

Haha, oddly wholesome. 

My Tangledrakin successfully stayed as a stage 1 with 2,364 Vs and 238 UVs (and 2 clicks). Normally I don't let the views go that high, but of course these buggars were a little harder to hatch. (They're also AP dragons, not bred on my scroll, I think that makes a difference sometimes.)

Just thought I'd document that for next year. My upper limit for these guys will probably be 2400/240 for s1s. But I'd be curious if anyone reports them at higher numbers while staying s1?

Edited by Painter

That's good to know, Painter.  With leaving my second batch very late before hatching, I managed to keep the UV's well under 200.  I let my first batch gender.  Fingers crossed for zombies!

On 10/21/2023 at 11:07 PM, Painter said:

My Tangledrakin successfully stayed as a stage 1 with 2,364 Vs and 238 UVs (and 2 clicks). Normally I don't let the views go that high, but of course these buggars were a little harder to hatch. (They're also AP dragons, not bred on my scroll, I think that makes a difference sometimes.)

Just thought I'd document that for next year. My upper limit for these guys will probably be 2400/240 for s1s. But I'd be curious if anyone reports them at higher numbers while staying s1?

My highest hidden one is at 2,324 Vs / 165 UVs / 10 clicks and has 1 day 6 hours left. Would not mind it turn S2 cus all my S1 plans surprisely worked so far lol. Perhaps I should unhide it a bit hm, but am unsure if it might grow to adult then right away?

4 hours ago, Su_Halcon said:

My highest hidden one is at 2,324 Vs / 165 UVs / 10 clicks and has 1 day 6 hours left. Would not mind it turn S2 cus all my S1 plans surprisely worked so far lol. Perhaps I should unhide it a bit hm, but am unsure if it might grow to adult then right away?

In my experience, you have a bit of time from when it turns s2 before it grows up. Like so long as it's not amassing an insane amount of views you should be able to navigate to the action page and hide it after it genders with enough time. You just have to baby sit it, if it you forget it it'll grow up XD as many of us know from experience, I think.

It also won't grow right away as an s1. It has to gender first, so it's safe to unfog. I never unfog my s2s, though, just in case.

Good luck whatever you decide. Only 1 week left til Halloweeeeen ahh! I can't wait.

10 hours ago, Painter said:

In my experience, you have a bit of time from when it turns s2 before it grows up. Like so long as it's not amassing an insane amount of views you should be able to navigate to the action page and hide it after it genders with enough time. You just have to baby sit it, if it you forget it it'll grow up XD as many of us know from experience, I think.

It also won't grow right away as an s1. It has to gender first, so it's safe to unfog. I never unfog my s2s, though, just in case.

Good luck whatever you decide. Only 1 week left til Halloweeeeen ahh! I can't wait.

aww ty for the tips, I unhid that one for a bit, but then I got scared and hid it agan XD But then I also figured I only have 4 of that kind (Tangleds) and chances are low that ONE S2 will turn, so I rather have a bit higher chances at the S1s and concentrate on S2 next year ^^ Good luck to you too!!

btw. shouldn't Halloween breedings start today, the 25th? Don't see any news yet, but perhaps I am too early?

EDIT: as soon as I posted I found my first treat and the post was there HAHAHA :D

Edited by Su_Halcon