Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

In light of this, can people try clearing their cache again and letting me know if you see the update or if it looks the same?

The footer is centered (back in its original position?) for me. I am using Chrome and have Adblock disabled. I am using the original scroll skin.

Edited by Jazeki

The footer is centered (back in its original position?)  for me. I am using Chrome and have Adblock disabled. I am using the original scroll skin.

I'm using chrome and it is still broken for me. Footer showing up in the actions area. Not using ad block.

Also still can't click actions on the right side unless I zoom my screen out to 75%

Getting sick and tired of this new layout. I just wish TJ would listen to the users and put the old, nice neat list back instead of these stupid columns. There was no reason to break the layout in the first place, as this change has added nothing to the site, except problems and bugs. If it was working properly it would change nothing game play wise, except making your actions harder to find since you are used to the list. It was an unnecessary change and with all the complaints I find it a little ridiculous that it was not rolled back already.

Edited by Melisande

Perhaps a little patience would give TJ the opportunity to fix the problems.

It is still 2 columns for me, but the footer is back where it belongs, and I can use all my actions again! Chrome/Default Skin/AdBlock. Yay!

ETA: The list is in a different order now, too!

Edited by prpldrgnfr

Uh-oh. Now I can't get to my account page. It just goes blank white.

Perhaps a little patience would give TJ the opportunity to fix the problems.

But _Z_ -many of us don't want a "fix" - we'd like the page back as it was. I am not on a mobile device - but several people say that with two columns they actually cannot even SEE all the actions when they are laid out in columns.

We still haven't been told WHY this was done. I would really like to know.

Perhaps TJ would like his site to evolve. Try to state plainly what the difficulties are, so he can fix the problems.

(News section TJ informed members changes were coming. )

Edited by _Z_

Uh-oh.  Now I can't get to my account page.  It just goes blank white.

Me too sad.gif This is a NEW THIS MORNING difficulty for you, _Z_! extensions off, and nothing on the page

How is it evolution when what is happening here is that things that did work and looked good now don't work. Evolution would be the encyclopaedia showing up. Evolution was mass sorting. Evolution is when things that irritated the players get better.... (which reminds me - about mass fogging... xd.png)

Edited by fuzzbucket

Not *quite* the order I was hoping for, but still a MUCH better one! :D Awesome! It seems that it still tries to follow similar orders for all the stages, which seems like a good thing. Simplifies things a bit.

Uh-oh.  Now I can't get to my account page.  It just goes blank white.

Me too sad.gif

This started after the usual downtime.

The aktions still working fine.

edit: wOOw ~ it works again.

Never seen such a fast repair service biggrin.gif

Thank you!

Edited by MyMelody

I agree with Fuzz that sometimes evolution for the sake of evolution is not a good thing. It would be nice if TJ made a news post that indicated he was addressing the concerns that people were voicing (which he clearly is as the 'Actions' page looks different). That being said, I am happier with the actions being rearranged and the removal of the indentations for each action description. I wish it were back to the previous layout, but this at least looks neater.

I'm using Adblock Edge, for me it works like this:

1. Click the Adblock icon.

2. Click "filter preferences".

3. On the left, chose the tab "custom filters"

4. Create a new filter group (might not be necessary if you add it to an existing one)

5. If you're not seeing the filters on the right side of the window, click "actions" and "show/hide filters"

6. Add a new filter by clicking "Add filter" (on the top, right side)

7. Copy the code CNR posted in the line that appears

8. Click "Close"

That worked for me smile.gif

ETA: Here's the code:

Seems the problem got solved, but still: thank you very much.wub.gif Had to search a bit (my AdBlock is in German) but I think I found the right place to add the code.

Edited by Moiken

Me too sad.gif This is a NEW THIS MORNING difficulty for you, _Z_! extensions off, and nothing on the page

How is it evolution when what is happening here is that things that did work and looked good now don't work. Evolution would be the encyclopaedia showing up. Evolution was mass sorting. Evolution is when things that irritated the players get better.... (which reminds me - about mass fogging... xd.png)

Actually, evolution is fraught with dead ends. xd.png

Let's give TJ a chance to fix the issues and tell him to revert to the original afterwards. tongue.gif

Actually, evolution is fraught with dead ends. xd.png

Let's give TJ a chance to fix the issues and tell him to revert to the original afterwards. tongue.gif

tongue.gif

OK - fair enough. But TRUE evolution is to do with improvements - dead-ends tend to die out !

Just when I was getting used to the change, it was changed again! I almost released a dragon instead of using it's BSA! Please, no more changes to that page.

It is stuff like this that makes me wish there were official beta testers. I know that there is beta testing for the encyclopedia, but it would be kind of nice if there was a way to volunteer to become a continual beta tester, where features like this are tested out on them before rolling out to the general population. I know he has mentioned before granting a small population a feature before it goes live, but as official beta testers, the change would be announced to them(I suspect not everyone in his focus groups even notice the change(s)), they would have a chance to report errors, etc.

I rather like the new action page layout - it's like the account page now, which also has two columns, and the new home page is also going to have two, so it's just consistent this way. Though the new arrangement did confuse me when I incubated and influenced some eggs xd.png But I'll get used to it.

I do agree with Nectaris, that official beta testing would be useful if the changes are not just minor ones, which seems to be the case here.

TJ does do beta testing but sometimes issues do not crop up or are not realized until it is released large scale.

I am seeing lots of people say "don't fix if it's not broke" but:

1) Just because something isn't broke doesn't mean it can't be improved

2) Users who strongly dislike a change are usually more vocal, but I have still seen posts from people saying they like this

I would like all the bugs to be ironed out, of course, but I actually also like the columns. Makes the list shorter, giving me a smaller area to look in. Once I get used to where everything is ordered, I'll no longer have any trouble going straight to it to click it.

I know humans are bad with change, but if you give it a bit to get used to it, you will be able to find your way around just fine if the columns stay.

Don't know if the other issues have been fixed-- my actions were never affected ) except briefly 'Rename")

but thank -you for moving kill out of first place!!! the other spots will become automatic as I get used to where they are, but "kill" at the top was just wrong!

One column or two doesn't really matter to me, but I do like how the Actions page and Account page are visually consistent, the Kill action is at the bottom instead of the top, and the rest of the actions seem to be in a more logical use order. smile.gif

Edited by prpldrgnfr

If it has to stay like this (and I still hope it doesn't) - I REALLY like the big word on each biome that reminds you where you are before you click the wrong egg (pink, spitter, strange markings...)

How about a big word saying what action you are about to take. I bet whoever it was froze rather than named yesterday would have noticed a big FREEZE up there....

Woot! All the issues I was having are fixed! It looks good to me.

I didn't mind the original layout. I don't have any objections to the new layout. It's always trying when things that used to work encounter glitches when being updated, but TJ's gotten these sorted out pretty quickly, in my opinion.

And also in my opinion "It wasn't broke before" is a poor reason for not trying new things.

Sure - but if the new thing is wildly unpopular - and this certainly was, at least until it started to WORK better - and many of us are still finding it hard - especially, I believe, those on mobile devices - it is a good reason to revert, at least pro tem.