Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

I can verify that it seems to be an IE problem, I usually use Chrome where it looks fine, but I logged out and logged in on IE (For Science!) and there's no space between the columns on it.

It's "okay"-ish in Chrome, but I'd still like a larger gap between them.

Not in firefox,they don't. What ARE people using that does this ?

Ok, apparently it is an IE thing. So: first time I've ever seen any "that's an IE problem". lol I think I must be the only person that doesn't have major problems with IE normally. If it's browser based, I'll ignore the spacing problem. rolleyes.gif

I only just realised that unnamed dragons are no longer listed as "Unnamed", but with their code in brackets (like unnamed hatchlings). That is a great improvement, thank you for implementing this! Not sure when this was done because I usually name my dragons as soon as they hatch tongue.gif , but I found out just now and was very pleased.

OTOH, I'm still not entirely happy with the new actions column layout. I preferred the list because I found it much easier to scan at a glance, but the main problem now is that actions change places a lot. E.g. hide, name/rename and abandon are in different places for eggs, named and unnamed hatchlings, gendered and ungendered hatchlings, there is no consistency at all. I thought the greyed-out options were there to make sure that every action can keep its position, but that is clearly not the case. If the columns are to stay, it would be really helpful and a lot less confusing and frustrating if there was a more consistent layout for actions.

If the columns are to stay, it would be really helpful and a lot less confusing and frustrating if there was a more consistent layout for actions.

Yes, please.

*signs with enthusiasm*

I only just realised that unnamed dragons are no longer listed as "Unnamed", but with their code in brackets (like unnamed hatchlings). That is a great improvement, thank you for implementing this! Not sure when this was done because I usually name my dragons as soon as they hatch tongue.gif , but I found out just now and was very pleased.

??? When you look at your scroll from the /dragons link this has always been so. It is when you look at someone else's scroll or at your own from the /user/USERNAME link that you see them as unnamed. I am still seeing them that way. You had me excited for a moment because I would love to see that changed.

??? When you look at your scroll from the /dragons link this has always been so. It is when you look at someone else's scroll or at your own from the /user/USERNAME link that you see them as unnamed. I am still seeing them that way. You had me excited for a moment because I would love to see that changed.

Really? Oh dang. dry.gif Well, like I said, I usually name my dragons as soon as they hatch and thought I had missed it because of that... Sorry to get you excited for nothing! But I certainly wish this was implemented!

Edited by walkinslow

Really? Oh dang. dry.gif Well, like I said, I usually name my dragons as soon as they hatch and thought I had missed it because of that... Sorry! But I certainly wish this was implemented!

LOL! This so reminds me of my daughter. When she started to play, she wanted to name one of her dragons "unnamed" because it should have been a real name (according to her). laugh.gif

But yeah, I agree with you. smile.gif

Same here. sad.gif

I would really like to see a warning/alert or whatever if you have a trade offer up and someone responds with an offer.

So many times I'm left wondering whatever is going on with that trade or why those great eggs are still on my Scroll. Yes, I realize it's my moment of 'Doh!' moment, but I'd still like something as simple as a leetle acorn blinking at the top of the Scroll to alert me to the offer.

I only just realised that unnamed dragons are no longer listed as "Unnamed", but with their code in brackets (like unnamed hatchlings). That is a great improvement, thank you for implementing this! Not sure when this was done because I usually name my dragons as soon as they hatch  tongue.gif , but I found out just now and was very pleased.

As purplehaze said, we've always seen codes instead of Unnamed as we do when viewing from the /user/ page. But you might be thinking of this update, when breeding unnamed dragons was slightly updated.

Codes in breeding list

When breeding, the "Unnamed" text has been replaced with the dragon's ID. This should make it easier to tell what dragon you're choosing for breeding.

I would really like to see a warning/alert or whatever if you have a trade offer up and someone responds with an offer.

So many times I'm left wondering whatever is going on with that trade or why those great eggs are still on my Scroll. Yes, I realize it's my moment of 'Doh!' moment, but I'd still like something as simple as a leetle acorn blinking at the top of the Scroll to alert me to the offer.

YES PLEASE !

Once there was a thread asking for this but I can't find it.

There is a teleport notifications thread here: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117622 But be aware it's in the BSA thread, so please tell us why you think it would help the game if you post there. (Your post here would be acceptable in the BSA section.)

~

Okay, is the IE issue with text running into each other fixed?

~

Negative. It is getting a little better, there does seem to be a space between columns for adult dragons. Still no space on hatchling page, eggs seem to have a space. Account page is still a mess.

There is a teleport notifications thread here: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117622 But be aware it's in the BSA thread, so please tell us why you think it would help the game if you post there. (Your post here would be acceptable in the BSA section.)

~

turning the compatibility off for me fixed it. :3

Negative.  It is getting a little better, there does seem to be a space between columns for adult dragons.  Still no space on hatchling page, eggs seem to have a space.  Account page is still a mess.

Things are looking much better this evening. I don't see any run on text between columns now (of all the pages I thought to check). Thank you!

Me too. dry.gif

There is a teleport notifications thread here: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117622 But be aware it's in the BSA thread, so please tell us why you think it would help the game if you post there.

Yeah, its hidden in the abyss of a forum few ever care to visit. (or revisit *shudders*)

People are NOT going there, neither to search for changes to existing, nor to discuss mechanical changes - its more of a lore based forum, with many people very strict on that as well. I avoid it (and dragon requests) like the plague.

Your privilege. I still go - but I want this NOT as a BSA, so there's no point my posting in that thread !

Your privilege. I still go - but I want this NOT as a BSA, so there's no point my posting in that thread !

I don't think it is being proposed as a BSA (although I admit I haven't visited there either), but rather that it gets thrown into the abyss because it somehow deals with a change to an existing BSA -- teleport. I personally think that is a stretch and it should be allowed to be placed in the regular suggestions where it would get more attention and discussion.

I don't think it is being proposed as a BSA (although I admit I haven't visited there either), but rather that it gets thrown into the abyss because it somehow deals with a change to an existing BSA -- teleport. I personally think that is a stretch and it should be allowed to be placed in the regular suggestions where it would get more attention and discussion.

My position exactly. Sorry if I wasn't quite clear.

I think we NEED this. BADLY ! I've been in the position of waiting till offered eggs had almost hatched before managing to get in touch with the other player sad.gif

I'm in favor of a notification. That said, if I know I have a teleport pending I make a point of going to Account -> Active Transfers where I can see what teleports I have active at the moment and see if any trade links have offers. I can then click the link to that teleport and see what the offers are. Or I can click the actions link from the egg(s) or hatchling(s) I have a trade open for and see the offers that way. I actively check if I have offers. If people who have trades pending made a point of doing that the desire for a notification would be less.

I'm in favor of a notification. That said, if I know I have a teleport pending I make a point of going to Account -> Active Transfers where I can see what teleports I have active at the  moment and see if any trade links have offers. I can then click the link to that teleport and see what the offers are. Or I can click the actions link from the egg(s) or hatchling(s) I have a trade open for and see the offers that way. I actively check if I have offers. If people who have trades pending made a point of doing that the desire for a notification would be less.

I really CANNOT see how it is a "change to teleport" to notify people that there's an offer up there. I usually reckon to have my teleport page open when I have offers or trades up, and refresh from time to time - but clearly not everyone bothers. I chased someone by email for days once (OK a bit off of me maybe, but I WANTED that egg of hers - and it grew up before she'd even taken up ANY offer. So why ***ing list a trade ? that does make me cross.)

OT and private joke - look, Fi - I am asking for a change xd.png