Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

I'm using the default skin, but I'm not having these issues. Maybe it's browser based?

Perhaps. IE 11 here (yeah, yeah, I know what a lot of folks will say. I've had no issues using IE...ever).

It's probably also based on your default browser font.

Personally, I would really like it if the Kill and the Release actions would be at least 2 "rows" further down, as in, with a large space separating them from the rest of the actions, since they now tend to be placed where the BSA has been before! I keep misclicking in that direction; it's getting me rather nervous when using BSAs now!

It's probably also based on your default browser font.

Personally, I would really like it if the Kill and the Release actions would be at least 2 "rows" further down, as in, with a large space separating them from the rest of the actions, since they now tend to be placed where the BSA has been before! I keep misclicking in that direction; it's getting me rather nervous when using BSAs now!

EXACTLY - as I said last night - I almost went to kill my poor red instead of using him to incubate blink.gif

WOULD like a big word on each action page that you go to, like for the biomes !

@ piemaster. If you are reading a page in a book, the last thing you read before turning the page is the bottom right- which is where I reckon kill should be if we don't go back to one column. The LAST option.

Is it my imagination or are the eggs in the biomes circulating rather better than they used to ? (I don't just mean the way that they shift on the 5 minute markers...) Seems that way to me, and I LIKE smile.gif

Especially with the indent -

user posted image

stuff from one action kind of goes into another action.

I'm not seeing the indent any longer and it looks way better and is easier to use - thanks :)

Point 1: that is just an opinion of a few people. Just because you think it's ugly doesn't mean everyone thinks the same way. Personally, I don't mind the change. I wouldn't have minded if it had stayed the same, but I know I'll get used to this layout soon.

Just to say, though, that can be turned right back around on you. Just because you don't mind it doesn't mean everybody thinks the same way and not minding it is just the opinion of a few people.

Just to say, though, that can be turned right back around on you. Just because you don't mind it doesn't mean everybody thinks the same way and not minding it is just the opinion of a few people.

Thank you. It seems this thread has become less populated... thought no one did answer my question from before. If we wanted to start a specific thread as a petition to TJ to ask for this to be changed back would it be in this section or would it go some place else?

Here in suggestions/requests, I'd say.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Moving the actions out of place from where they were for over 6 years gives a disadvantage to players who have been playing for years and are used to where their actions are normally.

I've read people here in the thread are now misclicking because oh wait that's not where the action is.

I have no idea where you're getting the idea that veteran players will have a hard time. I've also been here since 2008 and I don't have any problems getting used to the new layout.

And what's the problem with misclicking? That's why we have password verification. If you misclick on something and type a password without checking what you're doing, then it's your own fault for not paying attention.

Misclicking, without actually doing anything, isn't even harmful at all. It just takes a few more seconds to find the right action. Few more SECONDS. Seriously. What's the hurry?

Edited by Beldarius

I have no idea where you're getting the idea that veteran players will have a hard time. I've also been here since 2008 and I don't have any problems getting used to the new layout.

And what's the problem with misclicking? That's why we have password verification. If you misclick on something and type a password without checking what you're doing, then it's your own fault for not paying attention.

this , or change verification to "action" rather than password,it won't take abandon when you want to name that way.

I have already gotten used to the new arrangement. I find it no better or worse than the other just different, and hardly a cause for sleep loss!

Personally I hope the Actions page is NOT changed back - since I have no problem reading which action I'm performing - and I no longer have to Scroll all the way down the page to Find Influence or Incubate - which was a (small) pain. I like the more convenient 2-column layout. And I've also been here since 2008, and my apparently antiquated brain had no problem adapting.

Personally I hope the Actions page is NOT changed back - since I have no problem reading which action I'm performing - and I no longer have to Scroll all the way down the page to Find Influence or Incubate - which was a (small) pain. I like the more convenient 2-column layout. And I've also been here since 2008, and my apparently antiquated brain had no problem adapting.

Yeah, same. Even before, I never had the whole "muscle memory" thing; I still read which actions were which. I still knew the location of certain ones, but even with the new columns I still read them and don't just muscle memory through it, and I don't get any actions confused with others. It's not even a hard placement to learn. :\

I guess others are still having troubles, though.

Well, I do have the muscle memory thing. My mouse pointer always goes to the place where the action used to be - even if I can't consciously recall where it was. xd.png Still, I'm able to adapt. I know from the time the Account page got re-structured.

I am much happier now with the new action pages, for me they work again and I'll get used to the new places of the links, it always works that way.

Misclicking, without actually doing anything, isn't even harmful at all. It just takes a few more seconds to find the right action. Few more SECONDS. Seriously. What's the hurry?

I'm a vet player myself, been here since Sept 2008. And I am having a very, very hard time adjusting, due to a vision problem. There are also lots of people who have posted about misclicking.

there are also the other issues with there still being incompatibility problems on mobile and in zoomed in views

There's also the fact that it was easier to read and looked nicer as a list rather than what it is now. As well as it looked a lot nicer when it was a list rather than spread out with all the blank, empty space on the page that makes your eyes cross.

TJ really needs to fix this or give players a choice in the options so we can use the cave. Changing something just for aesthetics that has a negative impact on a large group of your users is not a good change.

Edited by Melisande

I'm a vet player myself, been here since Sept 2008. And I am having a very, very hard time adjusting, due to a vision problem.  There are also lots of people who have posted about misclicking. 

there are also the other issues with there still being incompatibility problems on mobile and in zoomed in views

There's also the fact that it was easier to read and looked nicer as a list rather than what it is now.  As well as it looked a lot nicer when it was a list rather than spread out with all the blank, empty space on the page that makes your eyes cross.

TJ really needs to fix this or give players a choice in the options so we can use the cave.  Changing something just for aesthetics that has a negative impact on a large group of your users is not a good change.

I've been here since 2011, so I haven't been here as long as some, but I think I could definitely be considered a longer-term player by now.

While the questions about how this may affect users with special circumstances like your own or how the mobile platform has been affected are valid and should be addressed, I have to disagree with your other points.

--- I think the columns look MUCH nicer than the list. The aesthetics can be a very subjective thing. One can't just say, "It WAS easier to read", "It DID look better", etc. My subjective opinion is that the evenly-spaced cells of a table in two comfortable columns, preventing me from having to scroll, is objectively better looking than it was previously. I understand that your subjective opinion is different.

--- Even though I had some muscle memory issues as first, I am actually finding actions more easily now and prefer this layout

--- Based on the shift in feedback I've been seeing since the initial bugs were addressed, I think there actually may be a larger group that prefers the change now to those who want it changed back. Of course, not everyone posts their opinions, and that goes for both sides, so we really have no way of knowing what the general populous actually thinks right now. But for me, I'm throwing my voice behind the group saying, "I like this change."

Edited by LibbyLishly

I'm a vet player myself, been here since Sept 2008. And I am having a very, very hard time adjusting, due to a vision problem.  There are also lots of people who have posted about misclicking. 

There's also the fact that it was easier to read and looked nicer as a list rather than what it is now.  As well as it looked a lot nicer when it was a list rather than spread out with all the blank, empty space on the page that makes your eyes cross.

TJ really needs to fix this or give players a choice in the options so we can use the cave.  Changing something just for aesthetics that has a negative impact on a large group of your users is not a good change.

I'm a vet player and I've already adjusted and even prefer the layout. I know some might have problems, like what you brought up, and I'm sorry for that. :c But really, for me it's not that big a deal and I like it. It reminds me of the Account page now, actually (like how it was before, though now I think it's a bit neater).

Zoomed in and mobile users, though- I do agree should have the single list instead. I *hate* side scrolling, even on my computer. It's a nightmare on my phone. I already need to scroll down, don't make me scroll sideways, too!

Well, looking nice and it being easier to read are definitely solely opinion-based. I think it looks a lot better and is easier to read for me. I prefer compact things, though, so that's just how I feel! Obviously many don't like it, as seen in this thread.

I really would like the ability to choose. I like the two columns and would be sad if they went back now. :c I also would still like to choose to see the greyed-out items and possibly even order of Actions for the different stages. They're okay for newbies but I'm not a newbie! I don't want to see those greyed-out items. They annoy me! Why bother having them there if I can't use them?

I also would still like to choose to see the greyed-out items and possibly even order of Actions for the different stages. They're okay for newbies but I'm not a newbie! I don't want to see those greyed-out items. They annoy me! Why bother having them there if I can't use them?

BeCOZ at least then most actions are in the same place and we don't have to LOOK for them ! I still prefer one column, but at least with the greyed out ones the only time we have to make an EFFORT is when a BSA is involved. (I'd like kill to be bottom right there too.)

BeCOZ at least then most actions are in the same place and we don't have to LOOK for them ! I still prefer one column, but at least with the greyed out ones the only time we have to make an EFFORT is when a BSA is involved. (I'd like kill to be bottom right there too.)

That's all well and good for some but *I don't want them there*. I don't care if the actions are in the exact same place or not. That's why, as I said, I want to CHOOSE.

I am always a fan of EVERYTHING IS OPTIONAL AND CUSTOMIZABLE! biggrin.gif So I most definitely support fullly customizable account, scroll, lineage, and pretty much everything else settings. That's one of my DC dreams... rolleyes.gif

I don't like the new page at all :/ To be honest until I happened to click on this thread I actually thought that it was a formatting error!! It just looks very messy and haphazard. I'd prefer a more structured layout if we have to have the two columns.

The only issue with the new formatting I personally see is that words run into each other. There needs to be at least a little space between the columns. Otherwise, I'm neutral: don't care if stays this way or goes back the way it was.

I do sympathize with those with mobile devices not being able to see all the options and hope a compromise can be made in that direction at the very least.

The only issue with the new formatting I personally see is that words run into each other. There needs to be at least a little space between the columns. Otherwise, I'm neutral: don't care if stays this way or goes back the way it was.

I do sympathize with those with mobile devices not being able to see all the options and hope a compromise can be made in that direction at the very least.

Not in firefox,they don't. What ARE people using that does this ?

They're not doing it for me in Chrome, either.

When I suggested that it was browser based, someone noted they were using Internet Explorer.