Cave Feedback

user posted image

is what I get sad.gif

Even with adblock disabled.

Ehm - Fuzzy?

Named hatchies that are still growing CAN'T be abandoned wink.gif

Ehm - Fuzzy?

Named hatchies that are still growing CAN'T be abandoned wink.gif

That had just occurred to me, which is why I deleted my post !

Oops. But it is still a nasty and unnecessary change, I think. And if it's all fine in Chrome, clearly firefox has issues with it - and there are an AWFUL lot of us using firefox...

Edited by fuzzbucket

No, it isn't. I'm using adblock, too (on chrome), and all actions are there and work fine for me.

With Firefox, addblock is the problem (it wasn't earlier today, but it is now, probably since the remove-name-bug was fixed).

And I'd prefer if you kept using Firefox. Because (at least on my computer), Chrome is faster. xd.png

And I'd prefer if you kept using Firefox. Because (at least on my computer), Chrome is faster. xd.png

Not on mine it isn't biggrin.gif

Another thing regarding Cave Feedback: There's this new text for when you catch an egg or hatchling, congratulating you on catching an egg and giving you links to various help topics.

Can we keep this "new" message only for people without trophies? I mean, everybody who's got a bronze trophy at least does have some experience raising dragons... wink.gif

I absolutely agree that the columns action page does not look good.

Especially with the indent -

user posted image

stuff from one action kind of goes into another action.

Although, even if that were fixed I would still prefer the old version - and that isn't me being resistant to change. In my internet experiences in general, I see columns used for different amounts of information/layouts, not for something that's so small like this. There's an ideal line length for eyes to be able to scan text well, and I think this might be shorter than that. (edit: yeah, I'm seeing multiple sources, including recent sources, mention 50-75 characters or more per line. (I Googled ideal line length, and used the search tool "past month" in case more recent studies had different results from years-old studies.))

I also agree with the idea for having the new you-caught-an-egg message to be only for people without trophies. The tone of the message could be interpreted kind of patronizingly for experienced players.

Edited by diaveborn

I also agree with the idea for having the new you-caught-an-egg message to be only for people without trophies. The tone of the message could be interpreted kind of patronizingly for experienced players.

Agreed. And it looks extra daft if what you just caught was a hatchie.

Also not a huge fan of the new actions layout.

Can we please have our list of actions back rather than the columns?

I really do not like these columns, they make it harder to find the action I want to use. I also had to shrink my screen size down so that the columns on the right hand side were available to me, I was unable to click on them when the screen was at my normal size. I'm using the default site skin, but have it zoomed in because of bad vision so that I can read what action is what. Normally I just click on the option I want, because I know where it is... now it's really hard to find where my actions I want are.

We don't have that many actions that columns would be necessary like how we have on the Account page (which probably would be easier to navigate as a list as well). It just makes the action pages overly complicated. This is not a helpful change.

Can this please get fixed this or made an option to revert back to a list? It's kinda like how the lineage views got changed but a lot of users really preferred the old way ... so please, please, please put it back to normal. This now column thing is really a bad change rather than a good one.

Edit to add - using Chrome, no add ons, default skin, Zoomed in to 175 % because of a medical problem. When I'm zoomed in I can not click on the right column, I have to zoom out to 100% for it to be clickable, and it's difficult to read the printing to be sure I have the right action now that the placement of the options has changed.

Edited by Melisande

I'm using firefox but I'm unable to use any actions under the top two. It looks like the links are there, but they are not clickable.

I'm using internet Explorer 10 and default skin, and all action work perfectly.

But I really don't like the actions divided into two columns. I can survive with that, but really preferred the old clear way sad.gif

With Firefox, addblock is the problem (it wasn't earlier today, but it is now, probably since the remove-name-bug was fixed).

Seriously? Ugh...that was the one add-on I did not disable because I never do and I won't.

Another thing regarding Cave Feedback: There's this new text for when you catch an egg or hatchling, congratulating you on catching an egg and giving you links to various help topics.

Can we keep this "new" message only for people without trophies? I mean, everybody who's got a bronze trophy at least does have some experience raising dragons... wink.gif

That's supposed to be the case. Looks like it's triggering for everyone, then?

That's supposed to be the case. Looks like it's triggering for everyone, then?

Yes. I'm able to ignore it easily, but I recently attained a Gold Trophy and it still pops up.

I AM elated that hide and abandon are no longer near each other so if we do go back to the old format, or even to something different, I hope those two actions remain far, far apart.

I also really really like the new message when putting in the wrong password and the fact that I don't have to go back to the previous action screen to redo it.

Why yes, I do frequently play when I am having a fit of insomnia and barely aware of what I'm doing... how could you tell? tongue.gif

Not a huge fan of the columns, just because I'm a creature of habit and suddenly my action-clicking efficiency has been cut to pieces, but other than the inconvenience, I don't have massively strong feelings about it. Certainly no positive ones, but I'm not out for blood - I'll get used to it and then I'll be as efficient as ever. I do, however, think Olympe's suggestion about link grouping is a good one. From an aesthetic point of view, the copyright notice being squashed up among the actions is pretty dumb-looking.

Edited by LibbyLishly

Not a huge fan of the columns, just because I'm a creature of habit and suddenly my action-clicking efficiency has been cut to pieces, but other than the inconvenience, I don't have massively strong feelings about it. Certainly no positive ones, but I'm not out for blood - I'll get used to it and then I'll be as efficient as ever. I do, however, think Olympe's suggestion about link grouping is a good one. From an aesthetic point of view, the copyright notice being squashed up among the actions is pretty dumb-looking.

My feelings are pretty much the same as this. This change didn't seem to have much point, except perhaps adding a bit more space between the links, and I don't see why that couldn't be done by just adding extra space between the rows. We will get used to it in time I suppose. As it is now though, the layout looks rather messy and strangely crammed despite the distance between the links. As a personal opinion I know that it won't stop bothering me aesthetically that there are 3 actions on one side and 2 on the other, making everything look uneven, but perhaps at least the copyright notice and stuff could be moved further down and to the center instead?

I also really really like the new message when putting in the wrong password and the fact that I don't have to go back to the previous action screen to redo it.
Oh wow. Just checked that out. It's really, really nice.

The hatchling page is at least even, but the egg and adult pages look STUPID.

I say AGAIN... there was NOTHING wrong with the action page to start with, therefore it DID NOT NEED FIXING!!!!! PLEASE! revert back to the original page.

I say AGAIN... there was NOTHING wrong with the action page to start with, therefore it DID NOT NEED FIXING!!!!! PLEASE! revert back to the original page.

Agreed.

Please fix this TJ

I think what I dislike the most is that on the action page for eggs, abandon is the lower right option, but for hatchies it is the lower left. And vice versa for hide. I don't get confused that easily, normally, but this is irritating. I keep going to the wrong action. If it was consistent, I'd get used to it. This is anything but consistent.