Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

I agree that adding a notification of an offer via teleport on the top of a scroll is not directly part of teleport. We're asking TJ to add a function - a notification similar to the sickness notification. Teleport itself as a function wouldn't be affected. I do understand why they get linked though. The notification we're asking for is connected to teleport. It wouldn't even involve one-way teleports. Just trades.

So, how about it, TJ? *shamelessly begs*

I haven't been in the thread because I quit the game due to finding the new layout that unpleasant on the eyes. Since there's clearly neither going to be an option to change it back OR a complete change back, i see no reason to stick around with a layout I hate that much for a commonly-used page.

I haven't been in the thread because I quit the game due to finding the new layout that unpleasant on the eyes. Since there's clearly neither going to be an option to change it back OR a complete change back, i see no reason to stick around with a layout I hate that much for a commonly-used page.

Just disable page style when on that page. Simples. smile.gif

I don't like it either, but now that it does WORK, I'm not quitting over it. I would like the actions to stay in the EXACT SAME PLACES though.... BSAs mess it up. If the others are greyed out when inapplicable - even dinos and neggies get:

Breed

This breed of dragon is incapable of breeding

- why not add "This dragon has no BSA" to every actions page, too ??

Edited by fuzzbucket

I don't like it either, but now that it does WORK, I'm not quitting over it. I would like the actions to stay in the EXACT SAME PLACES though.... BSAs mess it up. If the others are greyed out when inapplicable - even dinos and neggies get:

Breed

This breed of dragon is incapable of breeding

- why not add "This dragon has no BSA" to every actions page, too ??

I think this is reasonable. I know some folks (looking at you, eef) would prefer not to see greyed-out actions at all, so I'd love to see some customization available, but for my scroll, I would like to see all actions stay in the same spot like this.

Aren't the problmes of making everything work with customisation part of the reason TJ wants to cut down on skins ? For me, customisation comes WAY WAY lower on my want list than trade offers notifications, accepting aid at the top of scrolls, mass fogging....

Also with apologies to EEF... smile.gif

Aren't the problmes of making everything work with customisation part of the reason TJ wants to cut down on skins ? For me, customisation comes WAY WAY lower on my want list than trade offers notifications, accepting aid at the top of scrolls, mass fogging....

Also with apologies to EEF... smile.gif

True. smile.gif All the things you mention have a higher priority in my mind than customization - and higher than that are the abilities to unfreeze and to reset refusals! But full customization remains a dream for me... someday, when TJ feels particularly inspired to code wildly. xd.png

I'm with EEF, I would really rather not see more unnecessary, useless actions on the page than there are already. Besides, the BSAs on each page are the name of the BSA. The name of the action isn't "perform BSA", it is bite, incubate, influence, etc. Without that name, the grayed out action would look awkward.

Edited by Nectaris

I'm with EEF, I would really rather not see more unnecessary, useless actions on the page than there are already. Besides, the BSAs on each page are the name of the BSA. The name of the action isn't "perform BSA", it is bite, incubate, influence, etc. Without that name, the grayed out action would look awkward.

Not as awkward as the other actions moving around to accommodate it.

Not as awkward as the other actions moving around to accommodate it.

The issue is more of HOW they move around. I don't think the moving would be an issue if the column just moved up one(meaning the columns were the same on each side, just minus the BSA action) instead of the shuffle you get now. I just REALLY REALLY do not want to see more useless grayed out actions.

Edited by Nectaris

The issue is more of HOW they move around.  I don't think the moving would be an issue if the column just moved up one(meaning the columns were the same on each side, just minus the BSA action) instead of the shuffle you get now.  I just REALLY REALLY do not want to see more useless grayed out actions.

I suppose... But the other thing is that new people who don't GET why a dino won't breed will never need to ask again...

Edited by fuzzbucket

I suppose... But the other thing is that new people who don't GET why a dino won't breed will never need to ask again...

Then tie greyed out actions to trophy level(in this case gold is probably the best, just to make SURE you know what you are doing, though maybe silver would be ok), like that new message is when you catch eggs. I don't know if you saw it, but it briefly appeared for everyone and was a message saying congrats, here's what to with your new egg, and links to the help section. It was never meant to appear to everyone, TJ said it was meant to only show to those with no trophy, and it disappeared quickly after that.

Edited by Nectaris

Oh well - clearly we are stuck with it the way it is sad.gif Which leaves neither side of the discussion happy ! xd.png

The simple solution to BSA's and the columns shifting would be to put the BSA action on the bottom of one of the columns and just leave that space empty for other dragons. And for hatchlings we could put Freeze in that spot, that way all options are in the same place every time.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by DragonLady86

The simple solution to BSA's and the columns shifting would be to put the BSA action on the bottom of one of the columns and just leave that space empty for other dragons. And for hatchlings we could put Freeze in that spot, that way all options are in the same place every time.

Edited for clarity.

Personally for me I would hate to have the BSA all the way at the bottom *after* Kill and Release. I certainly wouldn't want Freeze down there either.

Personally for me I would hate to have the BSA all the way at the bottom *after* Kill and Release. I certainly wouldn't want Freeze down there either.

put kill in one column bottom and bsa/freeze in the other. Like this maybe:

Breed Describe

Name Abandon/Release

BSA/Freeze Kill

/sigh it would be nice if the forums left my spacing alone, so my lists actually were in two columns. :/

Edited by DragonLady86

Hm, I could be okay with that order, at least until there's maybe something more customizable (which I doubt there ever will be!). I still don't want name or breed first in the case of something like eggs.

Then I can pretty much just ignore anything on the right side, save for Describe and occasionally abandon.

What about Hide, though? Maybe an alternative to breed or name or something?

Put hide in place of breed for eggs and hatchlings. yes. That would work I think. (I knew I'd forget something, lol)

Personally, I'd prefer non-harmful actions on the left and harmful ones on the right.

Like this for eggs or hatchlings:

Hide..................................Describe

Name................................Abandon

Freeze...............................Kill

And for adults:

Breed................................Describe

Name................................Release

BSA..................................Kill

Of course, the problem is that not every dragon has a BSA - but I think we'll survive having only 2 actions on the left side for most dragons. Right?

Way ahead of you here.

If there's no BSA, just leave the space empty and keep everything else in its usual place.

Edited by olympe

Way ahead of you here.

If there's no BSA, just leave the space empty and keep everything else in its usual place.

Looks great. What we have now means that when BSA is empty, kill slides across into Dangerous Territory !

Which is why I'd like a Big Word, as we have for biomes, at the top of the action page when we get to it !

I am sorry if this question has been asked. I scanned the topic and the help section and things seemed to point here.

Firstly, the new things happening to dc are pretty amazing. Thank you to TJ and anyone else involved! smile.gif Things looked wonderful.

However, is there a way to revert to the old layout for the actions page for a dragon? The new layout confuzzles a creature of habit like myself and I have nearly released/killed at least eight dragons/eggs. One day, I might just not catch myself and I might actually release the cb gold that I hunted endlessly to catch. -sobs a little;

Edited by evangeline5432

Well, I was about to celebrate that even with everything else moving for the actions page, kill was staying at the bottom right. Unfortunately: any adult that has a BSA puts it in the LEFT column. Could we please get consistent lists? Because having them in a different order for eggs, hatchlings, frozen hatchlings, adults, and adults with a BSA isreally annoying.

As a side note: do frozen hatchlings honestly need Release and Abandon. They are the same action! The difference is where they go, but the function is to get them off the scroll. Release should replace Abandon just as it does for adults.

The constant shuffling between stages, available actions and grayed-out actions is driving me bonkers. I never know where to look any more and having to look thru two columns is totally annoying.

Please go back to a single column list, with everything in the same order for ALL stages. For consistencies sake, just put everything.. including grayed-out actions.. in alphabetical order and leave it at that. In other words, if it's an action, put it on the list.. alphabetize it and if it isn't functional for the stage your looking at, have it grayed out. But have the layout EXACTLY THE SAME for every stage and have it all in ONE column.

Alphabetical order? Seriously? That would drive me bonkers, with the various BSAs (Bite, Earthquake, Expunge, Fertility, Incubate, Influence, Splash, Summon) because you'd never have the same layout for different BSA dragons. Besides, that would put Kill somewhere in the middle - between Hide and Name. Not a good idea IMHO.