Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I have a random question.

I have a handful of CB frills. I loved the dragon, it broke my heart when they were discontinued. Are the offspring from those worth as much as they used to be? I used to see a lot more requests for lineages with frills in them, but now I'm seeing it less.

I'm quite curious what a 2nd Gen gold from gold x frill would be, but also just curious in general as I've got plenty to breed them with of various dragons.

That's a hard one, because 2nd gen Frill lineages will slowly get more and more rare as older players drift away. However, I don't know if we've reached the point where that outweighs the fact that so many people can't create a matching 2nd gen for even gen lineages (both due to not having Frills and because those that do can't breed Frills for checkers), and don't have Frills (or maybe do but not CB) to make stair-steps.

As they stand right now, as far as even gen checker breeding goes, they're only helpful for someone who already has a matching 2nd gen Frill. So they're really only good for base level even gen breeding. That's not necessarily bad or unwanted - lots of people have don't that with old Pinks. Of course, old Pinks breed new pinks, while Frills default to the other lineage automatically.

You can breed one and give it a go. With the current metal upswing who knows what you might get (but please let us know if you do it laugh.gif). You might actually do better with Frill/uncommon pairings (such as Green Stripe from Frill) and asking for uncommons or hatchlings in return.

But it might be more lucrative, in the long run, to put in your sig that you'll take offers for 2nd gen Frill breeding. That way, you'll know that there's an offer on the table before you breed, and you won't waste metal breedings if it turns out that they aren't in such high demand at this time.

That's a hard one, because 2nd gen Frill lineages will slowly get more and more rare as older players drift away.  However, I don't know if we've reached the point where that outweighs the fact that so many people can't create a matching 2nd gen for even gen lineages (both due to not having Frills and because those that do can't breed Frills for checkers), and don't have Frills (or maybe do but not CB) to make stair-steps.

As they stand right now, as far as even gen checker breeding goes, they're only helpful for someone who already has a matching 2nd gen Frill.  So they're really only good for base level even gen breeding.  That's not necessarily bad or unwanted - lots of people have don't that with old Pinks.  Of course, old Pinks breed new pinks, while Frills default to the other lineage automatically.

You can breed one and give it a go.  With the current metal upswing who knows what you might get (but please let us know if you do it laugh.gif).  You might actually do better with Frill/uncommon pairings (such as Green Stripe from Frill) and asking for uncommons or hatchlings in return.

But it might be more lucrative, in the long run, to put in your sig that you'll take offers for 2nd gen Frill breeding.  That way, you'll know that there's an offer on the table before you breed, and you won't waste metal breedings if it turns out that they aren't in such high demand at this time.

Thank you for response. I was only worried because if I did manage another metal from the pair I have [it's long since been gifted and even made a third gen goldxfrill too!], I wasn't sure if it would be worth anything anymore considering it would need either someone with other cb frills AND/or cb metals. For the most part, they usually just give me no eggs. xd.png

In the end it left me with about 7 other females that I could breed, but I was unsure if the interest was still there or not. I gifted a black egg from another one lately and it got snapped up from the gifting thread in less then a second, which prompted me to actually come ask. :3

I just kind of needed a little range of what would be reasonable for offspring, so I appreciate it!

Edited by Bu-tan

I have a random question.

I have a handful of CB frills. I loved the dragon, it broke my heart when they were discontinued. Are the offspring from those worth as much as they used to be? I used to see a lot more requests for lineages with frills in them, but now I'm seeing it less.

I'm quite curious what a 2nd Gen gold from gold x frill would be, but also just curious in general as I've got plenty to breed them with of various dragons.

I think 2nd gen golds from frill are worth less then 2nd gen golds from commons / uncommons

This because very few people will have a chance to continue a perfect line with them (you'll need to have either some cb frills or 2nd gen frills from gold, and no one who joined in the last couple of years can)

I agree with skauble that frill are better mated with some uncommons. Personally I love them as a lineage start with stripes (like in http://dragcave.net/lineage/eYikb) and with reds (like in http://dragcave.net/lineage/qBHc6 and personally I'd love to trade for some reds from frill to give a mate to this guy tongue.gif )

Is there a trade difference between a 2nd gen Gold from Sunset/Sunrise and a 2nd gen Gold from Seasonals (Spring or Autumn in this case)?

I need to partner my CB female Gold and can't decide on the mate I want, so I thought I might as well ask how any eggs would do in trades (generally speaking) before I commit.

Is there a trade difference between a 2nd gen Gold from Sunset/Sunrise and a 2nd gen Gold from Seasonals (Spring or Autumn in this case)?

I need to partner my CB female Gold and can't decide on the mate I want, so I thought I might as well ask how any eggs would do in trades (generally speaking) before I commit.

I imagine Sunset/Sunrise might be a wee bit more valuable, simply because people have all year round to try to build a mate for it or produce 'proper' fail offspring. A 3rd gen Sunrise from a perfect Sunrise x Gold checker is going to be worth more than a 3rd gen Winter from a perfect Spring x Silver checker, for example. However, while there's likely a slight value difference, it's probably not a huge one. smile.gif

...Although I feel compelled to mention that in my experience Fall x Gold looks very pretty, haha. While Sunrise x Gold wasn't near as pretty as I hoped.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I do not think that there is a difference in value of those pairings, only personal taste. I would prefer the Gold x Sunset pairing because I love that combination.

But it is not easy to get Metallics from Sunset/Sunrise dragons. Of course I can speak only for me, but I have a hard time to get a shiny egg from such a pairing sad.gif .

What is the value of a 4th gen gold tinsel? (stair)

What pairing?

Inherently, next to nothing. But there are people like me out there who will still gladly overpay you for it if it comes from a starter pair we don't happen to have yet. :-)

what is the value of four cb golds, 2 cb silvers, and a 5th gen (non-continuable lineage) bronze shimmer? i have been trying so hard to get a 3rd/4th gen shimmer (preferably gold, but ANY color) and haven't received any offer. i know it isnt anyones obligation to trade, i'm just wondering what the current value of such a trade like mine might be.

i also offer cb springs (three) and cb winters (three, and should be pretty good, since they're the last cb winters for a year)

please help me! i'm new to trading and dont know what value this would be worth sad.gif

what is the value of four cb golds, 2 cb silvers, and a 5th gen (non-continuable lineage) bronze shimmer? i have been trying so hard to get a 3rd/4th gen shimmer (preferably gold, but ANY color) and haven't received any offer. i know it isnt anyones obligation to trade, i'm just wondering what the current value of such a trade like mine might be.

i also offer cb springs (three) and cb winters (three, and should be pretty good, since they're the last cb winters for a year)

please help me! i'm new to trading and dont know what value this would be worth sad.gif

In a normal market, they would manage to fetch a low gen Shimmer. But with a situation like now, it's hard. The problem is that most of the people have already made lists, even before Shimmers came out.

You probably have to be the one to go to them, Yunako. I don't think most people breed a shimmer and then look around the forums to see who's asking for one, because almost EVERYONE is asking for them. Instead people just post their shimmer trade and see who responds. So you just have to wait till you see one and contact them then. I'd be surprised if nobody is willing to trade you a 4th gen shimmer for four CB golds, but only if they breed one and haven't promised it to anybody yet.

Edited by tjekan

You probably have to be the one to go to them, Yunako. I don't think most people breed a shimmer and then look around the forums to see who's asking for one, because almost EVERYONE is asking for them. Instead people just post their shimmer trade and see who responds. So you just have to wait till you see one and contact them then. I'd be surprised if nobody is willing to trade you a 4th gen shimmer for four CB golds, but only if they breed one and haven't promised it to anybody yet.

tyvm. that is good info. thats how my mom got her 3rd gen shimmer, but i havent been able to get one of my own even with all these metals. mom got hers with just one cb gold.

I have to agree with this.

As a person who owns Shimmers, I get so many inquiries about Shimmers, I don't really feel like I need to scout the trade threads (and then look through the thousands of offers you get @.@) when I could just offer it to someone who PM'd me.

Also, I'd be amazed if you couldn't get someone to trade you a 4th gen Shimmer for 4 CB Golds. xd.png

Would a CB Black be worth a 2G Nebula from Purple Nebula x Silver?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Are CB Vines/"Dark Greens" still as wanted as they used to be?

I caught one in the AP and I'm wondering what I could get in trade for it.

Would a CB Black be worth a 2G Nebula from Purple Nebula x Silver?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

I'd think so, but you'd likely have to find someone who is breeding that combination looking for a silver.

Are CB Vines/"Dark Greens" still as wanted as they used to be?

I caught one in the AP and I'm wondering what I could get in trade for it.

I don't think they are as wanted as they used to be. I tend to put below CB blacks in desirability.

What is a 5-8 gen Tinsel worth, in general?

What is a 5-8 gen Tinsel worth, in general?

From what I can tell (from reading other's experiences and personal experience), unless it's from a rare line (as in a line that isn't bred often, like many of the '12 lines), not much. Probably a few commons (especially the higher gens).

Don't quote me on that though, as my tinsel trading experience is limited.

Honestly, I don't even try to trade the 5th and higher gen tinsels unless I see a specific trade post asking for them.

edit: These posts are usually offering a common hatchling or sometimes two.

Edited by rubyshoes

What would I need for a CB Tri-horn?

And any non-inbred chromatic lineage?

CB Trihorns hang around in the biomes for quite a while, I think it would be easier to just catch one personally. IMO you could definitely get one for a red hatchling smile.gif

What type of lineage are you thinking of?

Edited by Emeraldmay