Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Wish I had looked for this thread earlier! ohmy.gif

Everyone seems to have a different opinion of what is rare, I still think of Blacks as common, And CB vines, are not uncommon to me, But then More so than they were 5 years ago.

Question, This trading thing seems to be stuff is worth what another is willing to give.

I am curious, Someone offered a CB Pink on the rare trading thread and wanted a blusang, I said in response thinking I was doing the right thing, Pinks are not rare, to which someone came on and said they were.

I> seem to see them all over the cave and never considered them rare.

So is the Dragon Cave wiki description wrong on the dragons?

huh.gif

I consider CB Pinks to be uncommon, but not "rare". I've seen plenty recently, and they never seem to go that quickly. I definitely wouldn't rate them in the same level as a CB Blusang - if simply because the coast moves so slowly compared to other biomes right now so it's much easier to find a pink. A bred Blusang might be worth it to me though, idk. Bred dragons are always trickier because people usually look for a certain lineage with uncommons.

@SnowSherry -

Depends on person to person. People without a CB Winter Magi like me wouldn't value it much at all, but it is a very nice low-gen stairstep.

Depends what you're looking for, so maybe a couple of uncommons or something. idk

Edited by kleptomaniac

@SnowSherry -

Depends on person to person. People without a CB Winter Magi like me wouldn't value it much at all, but it is a very nice low-gen stairstep.

Depends what you're looking for, so maybe a couple of uncommons or something. idk

No offers yet, trading is hard

Hello everyone!

So I have a few questions that are confusing me;

- What are people seeking for their (individual) CB Silvers/Golds nowadays?

- Will I get CB hatchlings if I trade a CB Thunder vs CB Arsani offspring? Or a CB Thunder vs CB Thunder?

- Will I get CB hatchlings if I trade a Speckle-Throated vs another CB (like Arsani or another CB rare/uncommon)? If so, which rare dragons? (not being the extremely rare ones like Silver/Gold)

Thank you biggrin.gif

In my opinion CB metals are going doooowwwn in value and should now be worth less than NDs :>

Neglecteds can't breed. They're like Chickens and Dinos. :| And I wish CB Metals were actually going down... I'd give everything on my scroll (the eggs/hatchies) for a CB Gold (Egg or Male Hatch)

My question: Would all the eggs+hatchies on my scroll be fair for a CB Gold?

(4 messy/deadline lineaged gold eggs, 5 CB New Hatchies, CB Black, CB Stripe...)

Edited by kiyoura

Hello everyone!

So I have a few questions that are confusing me;

- What are people seeking for their (individual) CB Silvers/Golds nowadays?

That largely depends on the person offering the CB Metallic. Most of the times I see CB Metallics offered they are offered in multiples and the traders are usually asking for second generation Tinsels/Shimmerscales, or for Neglected dragons. You might be able to get a CB Metal for large multiples of uncommon CB dragons like Blacks, Bluesangs, Trios (Ice/Magma/Thunder) and Stripes... but that's rare.

- Will I get CB hatchlings if I trade a CB Thunder vs CB Arsani offspring? Or a CB Thunder vs CB Thunder?

You could probably get some CB hatchies for a CB Thunder; two or maybe three Reds or Pinks. (These dragons are valuable for their useful BSA's.) You might be able to get four or five hatchies of something more common, like Skywings, Purples, Magi, etc. It just depends on how badly someone needs that CB Thunder.

Second generation dragons born from an Arsani parent are only as valuable as their breed. For instance, you wouldn't get much more for a second generation White with an Arsani parent than you would for a second generation purebred White. A second generation Gold from an Arsani parent is only more valuable than the White with an Arsani parent because it is Gold.

- Will I get CB hatchlings if I trade a Speckle-Throated vs another CB (like Arsani or another CB rare/uncommon)? If so, which rare dragons? (not being the extremely rare ones like Silver/Gold)

Right now you would probably be able to get some nice uncommon dragons for a Speckle-Throated simply because they're new and difficult to catch. Many people are holding off trading rares for Speckle-Throated dragons because it's too early to tell if they're going to be common or uncommon. It may be more difficult to get rare dragons for them now than it will be in the future. It's the same way with most new releases: people don't trade the really valuable stuff for them just in case they turn out to be very easy to come by in the future.

There's also something that may not be clear to you, judging by the way you've asked about Arsani dragons. The Arsani were a limited release Valentine dragon. Most people who are currently active users got their pair of Arsani and can breed their own rather than trade for the offspring. The only Arsani offspring that would be considered rare would be offspring from the Spriter's Alt, and I'm not really sure who has the Arsani alt. (Though it's probably listed on the DC Wiki.) The same is true of most Holiday dragons. The only exception to this rule is second generation dragons with a CB Holly parent. Holly dragons were the 2008 Christmas release and thus are very few in number, especially since many of the users who got them are no longer active. This makes their children are valuable regardless of the breed. Oh! And the offspring of the Alt Sweetlings. The children of those are valuable, too, because the black alts are more rare.

Hope this helps!

@ kiyoura: I'd put ND's on par with CB Metal. From what I understand they are as difficult to create as CB Metals are to catch. With all the CB Metals floating around right now you might be able to get one for the price you're willing to pay. Best way to find out would be to go ahead and put the trade offer up on the threads and see if you get any bites. I've heard that the Speckle-Throated are going for a pretty high value right now, and a lot of the folks catching CB Metal have a few of them already and might be willing to trade.

Edited by MindsEye

@MindsEye: Thank you so much~ I'm going to keep trying, although it's a bit despairing.

@MindsEye: Thank you so much~ I'm going to keep trying, although it's a bit despairing.

You're welcome! smile.gif Trying for a CB Gold is rather discouraging. I've been thinking about running some ND Experiments to see if I could trade for one. I figure a Neglected is probably my best chance. Good luck!

Are 2nd gen tinsels worth CB metallics?

I would say so, I recently traded cb metallic for a 2nd gen tinsel.

Are 2nd gen tinsels worth CB metallics?

Lets put it this way, they're about as hard to trade for as 2nd Gen Shimmers.

Right now blacks (and stripes) are dropping at a pretty fair rate and aren't too hard to catch. Four of them might get a trio or two, some gold wyverns, a blusang, several BSA dragons, or a handful of lesser CB hatchies, maybe.

Is it even possible to get a 2nd gen shimmer anymore? Or even a very far-down place on a list? Just wondering as I have seen many good trade offers get reposted for days, seemingly without any responses.

Is it even possible to get a 2nd gen shimmer anymore? Or even a very far-down place on a list? Just wondering as I have seen many good trade offers get reposted for days, seemingly without any responses.

I think most of the lists are full.

------

Do you think I'll be able to trade a 2nd Gen Bronze Shimmer for a 2nd Gen Gold or Silver one? I'm on a couple lists, but every one of them's Bronze. For my scroll goals, I really only need one of each type.

I'm not gonna start looking for offers until I have the egg (or possibly until I'm next on the list) and I AM willing to accept a decent spot on a list.

I know the Gold and Silvers are rarer, but I'm hoping the allure of getting an egg RIGHT NOW vs a spot on a list will entice someone.

Edited by rayden54

If you have the egg on hand, yes, if you don't have the egg on hand, no way (well the best would be for two parties to exchange eggs, but we all know that's not going to happen v:). I decline third parties offering spots on lists as a general rule of thumb because:

- An intermediary means a greater chance the IOU is not fulfilled

- You have absolutely no idea if either party is actually telling the truth unless the lists are public

- If the person has already chosen a mate it makes things complicated and negotiation with a winner through a third party is to the best of my knowledge very irritating

- If one party puts the other into direct contact with the prize winner there is a chance that one party is short changed. In business, if you have another person's contacts... well yeah things happen

- IMO, not worth the risk

(I am also a not big fan of the retrading thing, I don't know how the winners feel)

There is a 60+ gold list open but trust me, you'd be waiting multiple years for a place D:

Edited by DarkEternity

There is a 60+ gold list open but trust me, you'd be waiting multiple years for a place D:

.... Oh wow. blink.gif

For a cb blusang, what must I offer?

For a cb blusang, what must I offer?

I see really few CB blusangs offered, and people looking for them usually offering 2nd gen metallics or such

I see really few CB blusangs offered, and people looking for them usually offering 2nd gen metallics or such

Thank god for the even gens thread or my blusang checkerboard will never even get started

What can a 3rd gen gold, http://dragcave.net/lineage/76unN trade for?

Since it's another Metal with Holidays, I'd only give a Metal swap. Especially with the Xmases and Valentines, you can only continue the line twice - then what? That's one reason I'm no longer looking for Metals crossed with Holidays of any kind but the nicer Commons.

What are peaople trading for second generation pure bred alt vines? O.o