Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I realize that this has been asked several times already, but I'd like an opinion on this nevertheless. tongue.gif Do y'all think it's a worth it to trade CB gold hatchie for a 5th gen Gold Shimmer? This'd be my 2nd CB gold, so I'd be meeting my scroll goals and whatnot, but at the same time I have a vague hope that I might be able to trade the babies of the shimmer and recoup the loss (and then start gifting, yay).

Thoughts?

I'd hate to give away a cb gold if it is just my second, but if the shimmer is a nice lineage one (especially stairstep or spiral) you should be able to easily trade its offsprings for more cb metals

I just grabbed a (green) dino egg from the last egg drop. If I were to trade it, what could I reasonably expect to receive?

Thanks~

Make EVERY shimmer trade with the expectation that shimmers will be worth the same as the equivalent generation of tinsels.

Is trading a CB gold for a fifth gen tinsel a rip off? Y/N? Will you regret this? Can you recoup your losses before shimmer value drops? Don't forget that the starting amount of shimmers (CB) is twice the number of CB tinsels released in 2010; they are twice as available this time in 2010 suggesting their value will drop twice as fast.

Edited by DarkEternity

I realize that this has been asked several times already, but I'd like an opinion on this nevertheless. tongue.gif Do y'all think it's a worth it to trade CB gold hatchie for a 5th gen Gold Shimmer? This'd be my 2nd CB gold, so I'd be meeting my scroll goals and whatnot, but at the same time I have a vague hope that I might be able to trade the babies of the shimmer and recoup the loss (and then start gifting, yay).

Thoughts?

Echoing Dark on the stop and think about it a moment thing.

I would honestly say that if it's only your second cb gold ever, then I would keep it. Shimmers will get dispersed well enough eventually. Also, to point out, that most cb metal offers for shimmers are currently for gens 2nd and 3rd with a few for 4th or 'any'. There is a high possibility that you may not make that metal back with a 6th gen shimmer offspring. The longer the lineage gets, the less it's worth to most people. [i say most, because I'm an exception. I love longer lineages so long as they're not broken.]

At some point, the shimmers are going to be given away like candy just like the tinsels are. There are tinsels in the gifting thread almost daily. I've even gotten a 4th gen silver tinsel in this way. To me, the cb metals are going to stay at a level of 'hard to get', whereas shimmers are going multiply very quickly. We also do not know how much longer this 'boom' is going to last us. I know metals are still dropping, but again, 5th gen and longer usually aren't near as in demand nor worth as much as 2nd-4th. [Keep in mind, the worth I'm speaking of is only my observations of what I've seen in the trading threads and not my values at all.]

I'd be concerned that you would not manage to get back what you gave for it. Just my two cents.

Thoughts?

You have to understand that a lot of these shimmers are going for more than a CB Gold. And these trades require people who can *catch* and *afford* to spend multiple metals on a 4th - 5th gen shimmer. If I am in your situation, I would not trade my only 2nd CB Gold ever for a 5th gen shimmer because I am not in a place where I can trade away a CB Gold and quickly get another back - as many of these huge traders are able to. So, keep your prized CB Gold and just wait for the shimmer craze to die down.

Thoughts?

It's a gamble since some people offer more than 1 CB Metal for a 5th-gen shimmer, so even if you offer, you might not get it. But on the bright side, I've seen trades that convert 6th-gen shimmers to one CB metal. However, note that shimmer value is dropping every week as more people get their own shimmers. It's a personal call, but I would suggest trying since if you breed next week, you can get it back. Although steer clear of holiday mates as they devalue faster.

Sorry to pop in here in the middle of things - but I just saw this thread. I've sort of been experimenting with trading to see what people think things are worth but I thought it might be easier (and people would be less insulted) if I just came here first to see what things are worth.

What is the worth of CB Golden Wveryn's or a snd Generation PB Golden Wveryn? It seemed like there was an influx of them dropping in the cave a little while back - would that impact their worth?

Also, on a separate note, what is the cost of a CB Bulsang? I haven't seen any in the cave even though I've seen Silvers/Golds - so I'm not really sure what their value is.

Also, on a separate note, what is the cost of a CB Bulsang?  I haven't seen any in the cave even though I've seen Silvers/Golds - so I'm not really sure what their value is.

Right now, Blusangs probably have the 3rd highest value of any egg that can drop in the cave after the metals. In fact, I think there are some people who are good at catching metals who probably don't have them far behind.

Edited by ElayneDragonLover

Also, on a separate note, what is the cost of a CB Bulsang? I haven't seen any in the cave even though I've seen Silvers/Golds - so I'm not really sure what their value is.

I traded a 2gen PB black sitting alt for a cb blusang egg. It was crazy that amount of effort it took me to even get an offer and then when it gendered wrong I just wanted to die. I spent a good couple weeks sitting in on the coast and with one over burdened message that almost made me pitch a fit, I didn't see any blusangs.

I was very pleased to (FINALLY, lol) have bred a 2ndgen Gold and to successfully trade it for a Blusang.

Now that I have 2 CB pairs, I'm less panicky about getting them, as I can (barring Refusals - knocks on wood-head) breed 3rd gens - but they are such a beautiful sprite, it's too bad there aren't more around for everyone.

But if you need something for a particular purpose, you'll value it more highly perhaps than something typically more generally considered to have a higher value.

What is the worth of CB Golden Wveryn's or a snd Generation PB Golden Wveryn?  It seemed like there was an influx of them dropping in the cave a little while back - would that impact their worth?

Also, on a separate note, what is the cost of a CB Bulsang?  I haven't seen any in the cave even though I've seen Silvers/Golds - so I'm not really sure what their value is.

Yeah, it's hard to tell with GWs because people's mindset about their rarity may not have caught up with the actual number dropping, and so you might still be able to make trades that are a little better than reality would dictate.

As for Blusangs, I grabbed on about a week ago, so they're out there, but they are scarce. During the drop of CB onto the AP this morning, I saw two of them. In comparison I saw two Golds (and someone saw one before I got there) and four Silvers. And I believe someone was trading a 3rd gen Shimmer for a few CB Blusangs earlier today.

Since we were told rares would fall in all biomes, it would seem these are supposed to be quite this scarce, so it should even back out a bit. But, really, they are absolutely gorgeous sprites, and this current rarity has given them an even stronger value that I think they'll retain somewhat even if they start dropping more often.

The current Blusang scarcity smells a lot like the Seasonal drought, and I suspect it's ratios at fault rather than an intended effect. You also have to remember that Blusangs are, from what I can tell, always valued more than Seasonals were, so even though they might only be as rare as Seasonals were at their worst in reality, the effects feel worse because they're so popular.

By which I mean, what I'm trying to get at is: unless you really really horribly are in need of CB Blusangs right this minute, I wouldn't be trading CB or 2nd gen Metals for them. I'm sure it won't be too long before the Blusangs go back to normal high uncommon status and Metals go back to being the rarest of the rare.

The current Blusang scarcity smells a lot like the Seasonal drought, and I suspect it's ratios at fault rather than an intended effect. You also have to remember that Blusangs are, from what I can tell, always valued more than Seasonals were, so even though they might only be as rare as Seasonals were at their worst in reality, the effects feel worse because they're so popular.

By which I mean, what I'm trying to get at is: unless you really really horribly are in need of CB Blusangs right this minute, I wouldn't be trading CB or 2nd gen Metals for them. I'm sure it won't be too long before the Blusangs go back to normal high uncommon status and Metals go back to being the rarest of the rare.

That is actually good to know. I have a lineage I have been wanting to do that requires at least one CB Bulsang, but I still have a few other holes to fill to that I have been hunting for too so maybe I will focus on them for a bit. Especially if this is a 'famine' time period for them and if they are going for multiple CB metals - though I guess that might not change...

Yeah, it's hard to tell with GWs because people's mindset about their rarity may not have caught up with the actual number dropping, and so you might still be able to make trades that are a little better than reality would dictate.

Well I'm not a super big fan of trying to get more out of a bargain than what its worth (though I'm not opposed to people being nice) - but when I was trading a 2nd Generation PB Gold Wevyern the other day for some CB commons/uncommons that included nebula's (not even hatchling required - I would've been more than happy with an egg) I didn't get even one offer - and I had said all I wanted was a 1:1 trade since I had specific things I was looking for. That's why I was wondering if they weren't worth much in general or if it was because of the recent surplus of them. Are CBs, in general, only tradeable with other CBs?

My daughter offered 6 CB metals for a 5th gen Shimmer IOU. Was this unreasonable? The Shimmer-owner thought it was too LITTLE and denied her the spot on the list, but my question is, for Shimmer owners, is 6+ CB metals REALLY the only things you'll take for trades/spots on your IOU lists? huh.gif

My daughter offered 6 CB metals for a 5th gen Shimmer IOU. Was this unreasonable? The Shimmer-owner thought it was too LITTLE and denied her the spot on the list, but my question is, for Shimmer owners, is 6+ CB metals REALLY the only things you'll take for trades/spots on your IOU lists? huh.gif

I think 6 cb metals are TOO MUCH for a 5th gen shimmer, when I know people who can offer a spot on a 3rd gen list for just a couple of CB golds. The point is how long you are willing to wait.

My daughter offered 6 CB metals for a 5th gen Shimmer IOU. Was this unreasonable? The Shimmer-owner thought it was too LITTLE and denied her the spot on the list, but my question is, for Shimmer owners, is 6+ CB metals REALLY the only things you'll take for trades/spots on your IOU lists?  huh.gif

That is insane! I accept four on my third gens (sometimes fourth, if offered) and I think that four is too much for even a fourth gen. For a fifth gen, I would say even two CB metals is a bit much...

I have traded the offsprings off Seaglorry for less! So I would say the person offering this shimmer is wanting to much.

Maybe it is just me, but I would wait for a better trade a little later maybe with another shimmer owner. There will be more in the future wink.gif

Dude, I think that asking for one CB metal for a 3rd gen is insane... maybe that's just my policy on what's going to happen to my third gen shimmers when they get bred xP

My daughter offered 6 CB metals for a 5th gen Shimmer IOU. Was this unreasonable? The Shimmer-owner thought it was too LITTLE and denied her the spot on the list, but my question is, for Shimmer owners, is 6+ CB metals REALLY the only things you'll take for trades/spots on your IOU lists?  huh.gif

That is far too huge a price, considering it is 5th gen and an IOU. People are paying far less then that for 3rd or 4th gens, without having to wait for an IOU.

If your daughter watches the trade threads she will find shimmer trades popping up all the time that she can make her offer on via the teleport link and probably get a shimmer much sooner, for a much lower price.

Edited by Dubious

What is the trade value of a 5th gen bronze shimmer?

What is the trade value of a 5th gen bronze shimmer?

Right now? People will throw CB metals at you. A fair price would be things like CB trios IMO.

Before they became so numerous I was able to get two or three cb hatchies for a cb black or a cb striped, eventually a nicely lineaged metallic. But now I think a 1:1 for another common/uncommon is the only thing possible.

First time I have a question: What is a "3rd gen" Gold Tinsel worth that has four Zombies as grandparents (not just dead - true Zombies)? Both parents are Gold Tinsel, too.

First time I have a question: What is a "3rd gen" Gold Tinsel worth that has four Zombies as grandparents (not just dead - true Zombies)? Both parents are Gold Tinsel, too.

I can't even give you a ballpark for that. A LOT if you trade with someone who likes zombie lineages, or NOTHING if you trade with someone who doesn't. In this case I'd say put it up for trade, ballpark what YOU would like to get for it and see what kinds of offers you get (and let me know afterwards, cause I'd be dying to know what this sort of lineage goes for laugh.gif).

So what would the worth of a 6gen Silver Shimmer with Silver mates be?