Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What's a 3rd gen Shimmerkin worth?

Could I get a CB Spring + Tsunami for it?

What about a 3rd-5th gen Shimmer?

I wouldn't trade a shimmer for a shimmerkin, since they are usually just commons and their offspring don't have much in the way of trade value.

If it were something well done and useful for my other kin lineages I'd would maybe offer one or two somewhat uncommon eggs or another uncommon hatchie. YMMV

Question about what the offspring of a few of my pairs would be worth,

I honestly don't expect them to be worth a whole lot, so meh. Still worth asking.

I have a 2g Frill from a Frill/Gray. What would a third gen gray offspring of that be worth?

(Im guessing not much?)

What about CB Female Frill? What would be the best value thing to breed that with, aside from hunting down people who need Frill lineages?

Same goes for CB Bright Pink?

2g PB Reds?

2g PB Pinks?

3g PB Pinks?

PB Pinks in general?

Reds in general?

How about the Red offspring of this?

2g PB Purples? Are Purples worth anything at all, for that matter?

And are Speckle-Throats still worth a lot? How would a 2nd gen PB one go?

Or 2g one from the Frill or Bright Pink?

Actually just tested to see what that would get, a Pink fromt hat pair got a very quick offer of a nicely short lineaged Gold hatchling

And CB Stripes? Are those worth much, and why?

Same question for Whites? Are those worth much CB, or even 2nd gen? Also why?

And 2nd gen PB blacks, or third gen even PB? Messy PB blacks like this one?

Or CB Vampires? I ask that one because I tend to be able to catch those from the AP pretty easily, for one reason or another.

Sorry for all these questions at once, especially over dragons that may not be worth much. I just rarely trade things as it is and I am beginning to get really curious about what I could potentially be missing.

Edited by Chuint

Alright, here we go.

If you could make a mate for that Frill, in order to get an even gen checker, some people would pay a lot. For a stairstep, not that much.

Purebred BSas can always be traded for a hatchling, especially Pinks and Reds. If you want to trade them for something valuable, hatching them first and bundling them up can always get you something nice.

CB Stripes are currently more common then usual, and could go for a CB Black, Red Dorsal, Nebula and other similar dragons.

Whites aren't worth that much. They are too common in the cave.

Messy Blacks, no. I also haven't seen that many people asking for purebred Blacks, unless they are Alts. Alts, from the other side, can fetch a nice price, maybe even a low gen metallic.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

General rule of thumb: staircases are a lazy man's 'good' lineage, so anything which isn't a metal or shimmer or tinsel needs to be even gen. Partly because there is a big even gen interested audience.

I'm guessing you edited to ask about the Vamps after Origin already answered, but...for Vamp, it depends on the person. They're fairly common right now and can easily be obtained, but some of us...like myself, don't like hassling with biting even though we collect them like crazy.

I usually won't mind giving either a handful of common cb hatchies, a couple cb bsa hatchlings or eggs, or a mid gen tinsel [5-8th]. That's just me, so keep that in mind.

I would at least say that a 1:1 with an uncommon should be fair. Nebulae and possibly Blacks and Stripes since they're dropping pretty regularly as well or other uncommons you like.

Remember though, that Vamps have somewhat of a unique crowd that gather them so you might be just better off asking for random offers and seeing if you can get what you like. Ya never know what might pop into your trade link. smile.gif

I don't usually trade or look to trade in vampires, but would a CB vampire egg bitten by an original vampire be worth a little bit more than, say, a CB vampire bitten by a CB, but not an original?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/2grHU Bitten by an original '08 vampire

http://dragcave.net/lineage/isHsn Bitten by a CB vampire from '09. Not an original, but doesn't show who it was bitten by, either.

Would it be fair to ask for a CB Trihorn hatchy in exchange for a 2nd gen Blusang (with Silver parent) plus a 3rd even-gen, Black/Silver Black egg - or are the Trihorns more difficult to come by now?

Edit: well, I hope it is, because I am, lol.

If it isn't, I guess I just won't get any offers of one. xd.png

Edited by Syphoneira

Getting the trihorn is not so much,the problem as finding someone who wants/needs those specific eggs. You'd probably be better off hatching both and try to trade 1:1 for cb trihorns...

Would it be fair to ask for a CB Trihorn hatchy in exchange for a 2nd gen Blusang (with Silver parent) plus a 3rd even-gen, Black/Silver Black egg - or are the Trihorns more difficult to come by now?

Edit: well, I hope it is, because I am, lol.

If it isn't, I guess I just won't get any offers of one.  xd.png

I think that trade is quite reasonable? Trihorns are almost the same rarity as royal blues so they shouldn't be too rare. I've tried trading a 3rd-gen Blusang x Female Silver checker for 2 CB Waterhorse hatchies and a couple of minutes later, I made my trade.

People are definitely interested in your eggs since people are trying out metallic checkerboards smile.gif If there's no offer in a day or two perhaps you can entertain CB trihorn egg offers if you really need them?

Edited by Valeth

What would a 2nd gen shimmer be worth? What are people asking for them at this time, and what would be some ideas to offer on them? o: Just curious, as I see most arent looking for CB metals anymore since their value has gone down a bit, what sort of things would be equal to it?

What would a 2nd gen shimmer be worth? What are people asking for them at this time, and what would be some ideas to offer on them? o:  Just curious, as I see most arent looking for CB metals anymore since their value has gone down a bit, what sort of things would be equal to it?

They're priceless and have to be negotiated one on one. I personally made my offers before the metal boom. I doubt there are any spots free on lists by now.

Edited by DarkEternity

What would a 2nd gen shimmer be worth? What are people asking for them at this time, and what would be some ideas to offer on them? o: Just curious, as I see most arent looking for CB metals anymore since their value has gone down a bit, what sort of things would be equal to it?

It is decided between both parties.

For Offsprings of Seaglory I have taken various offers, from one cb gold to many common hatchies. Depending on what I need ant want at the moment.

Most off the owners of CB Shimmers keep lists. And as far as I know they are all closed. Some gift eggs (per IRC lotto or similar ways), some offer them in trading threads.

Keep your eyes open!

(No need to aks me, my list is closed, regardless off what is offered. I work on a first come first served basis)

How much is a Golden Wyvern worth?

I managed to trade a CB Stripe for one.

Even though that may be a high-ball offer. (i.e. offering too much)

Edited by James1011

http://dragcave.net/lineage/nXlkr

Is asking for a 5th gen shimmer too much for this? Or is it not enough? Sometimes I'm kinda terrible at figuring these out.

I would say this is a tough one. Some would pay much for this lineage, others almost nothing.

I think it is quite nice, but almost impossible to continue.

What you can get will depent on finding someone interested in this egg.

Is asking for a 5th gen shimmer too much for this? Or is it not enough? Sometimes I'm kinda terrible at figuring these out.

Maybe you should ask for any shimmer offers first to gauge interest? If that Gold was from a checkerboard, people would be more willing but I'm not so sure with stairsteps since it's hard to continue unless you're doing an arrow lineage.

Um, I guess personally for me it's a no since my holly is from a white lineage and I don't know how to continue that lineage. Hope this helps!

Personally I wouldn't pay that much for it mostly because my holly is usually off breeding other things :x And I am geared to even gens.

Do you think I could trade a CB Nebula for a CB Purple or CB Swallowtail?

I'm really bad with trading; I never know the values. laugh.gif

I don't usually trade or look to trade in vampires, but would a CB vampire egg bitten by an original vampire be worth a little bit more than, say, a CB vampire bitten by a CB, but not an original?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/2grHU Bitten by an original '08 vampire

http://dragcave.net/lineage/isHsn Bitten by a CB vampire from '09. Not an original, but doesn't show who it was bitten by, either.

Since no one ever answered this one, I guess I'll take a stab at it.

I'mma repeat my last statement on how vamp worth depends on the coven holder. I've got multiples of the 'false' first gen vamps from when the bite lineage links were actually implemented, that's why they don't trace back any further. When it was implemented, if I remember correctly, it put a hardline down of 'It starts here.' So all other vamps before that time period all have no bite lineage tracing.

Vamps made from original 08s are neat, but ultimately it's like dealing with lineages. While some may like even gens, others may like stairs, or spirals. It'll work on the same principle, so to speak. It just kinda depends on who is looking. You might try throwing it out there to see if anyone might give you a few uncommon cb hatchies vs just one. If someone wants the 'lineage' enough, they'd probably be more then willing to work with you. :3

Hi. I'm trying to trade this dragon.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Z3Ajg

For a bloodswap of a white striped, but so far no offer. I really needed the white one and was wondering whether maybe whites are more valuable than red or something?

Bred White stripes aren't more valuable, but...

Stripes are weird. Even if someone breeds one, they've only got a small chance that they'll get the right color.

Edited by rayden54

Bred White stripes aren't more valuable, but...

Stripes are weird. Even if someone breeds one, they've only got a small chance that they'll get the right color.

Thought that might be the issue. Thanks smile.gif