Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

So what would the worth of a 6gen Silver Shimmer with Silver mates be?

For a 6th gen I'd trade a nice 2-3rd gen metal, cb trios or be willing to hatch about 6 or so hatchies for it. But that's just me.

does anyone know why bronze shimmers are worth so much less than gold shimmers? i tried trading a 4th gen bronze + 5th gen bronze for one 4th gen gold shimmer and it was declined. is this because golds are so much rarer? i honestly see more 4th gen gold trades crop up than i do 4th gen bronze trades...

My daughter offered 6 CB metals for a 5th gen Shimmer IOU. Was this unreasonable? The Shimmer-owner thought it was too LITTLE and denied her the spot on the list, but my question is, for Shimmer owners, is 6+ CB metals REALLY the only things you'll take for trades/spots on your IOU lists? huh.gif

o_O What... How is that too little. xd.png Heck, some of my 4th gens have gone for 4 CB Golds... and my shimmer wasn't an IOU! And even I thought that was over-offering.

You can definitely get 5th gens, even 4th gens for much less than 6+ CB Metals.

does anyone know why bronze shimmers are worth so much less than gold shimmers? i tried trading a 4th gen bronze + 5th gen bronze for one 4th gen gold shimmer and it was declined. is this because golds are so much rarer? i honestly see more 4th gen gold trades crop up than i do 4th gen bronze trades...

There are a few reasons:

1) There are far less CB Gold shimmers then there are CB bronze shimmers so they are actually much rarer. I have seen far more Bronze shimmer trades here then gold.

2) Gold itself has more value then bronze in real life, so people tend to see it that way here.

3) For your trade it may just have been that the person didn't like the lineages, or already has the lineages of your bronzes. Or they got a better offer.

Edited by Dubious

I think one of the problems with trading here, is that people tend to expect their offer to be accepted. In general, most people think their offer is the best, and they get upset when it is refused. They think, how can this be? That was a good offer!!

But, often times there are other reasons, as Dubious said. It often isn't about quantity, but quality of trade.

For example, people will think that offering several metals is a guarantee. But what if the trader is not looking for several metals? Maybe they don't have room, or need only 2? And if other conditions are thrown in, like, move them up to a higher place ahead of others already waiting, well, many traders won't do that. It wouldn't be fair.

Or maybe they aren't needing any metals, but low gen tinsels, or such? Or maybe, there is a personality clash. Many things can influence a trade.

But people don't think of those, they only think, hey, my offer was best, I deserve that egg. If they start looking at the bigger picture, then it won't be so frustrating. I have offered the best I have for trades, and other trades were accepted. Ok, that's fine. Yeah, I wanted that trade, but hey, as a trader, I do respect other trader's rights. And more may be going on behind the scenes.

Just something to think about.

My daughter offered 6 CB metals for a 5th gen Shimmer IOU. Was this unreasonable? The Shimmer-owner thought it was too LITTLE and denied her the spot on the list, but my question is, for Shimmer owners, is 6+ CB metals REALLY the only things you'll take for trades/spots on your IOU lists? huh.gif

I would really, really, really suggest that you not offer so many metals on such a higher-gen Shimmer again! Remember, in a few months Shimmers will be like Tinsels, and nothing below 3rd gen will probably be worth much of anything anymore. Whoever was so crazy as to snob their nose at SIX CB METALS for a 5th gen Shimmer is... well, they don't deserve to have 'em. Have your daughter keep her Metals if she can't get a 2nd or 3rd gen Shimmer for them, and I promise you in a few months she'll be glad she didn't waste them on stuff that will no longer be worth much. >___<

Also, it could have had something to do with the lineages. If the person you were trading with already had one of the lineages you were offering, they could have not wanted a duplicate one, so they'd rather choose a different offer.

You know, I'm seeing this "offered 6 metals" post being banted all over the forums last few days, and I have to say, I think it's just sour grapes. Regardless of why the post was refused, the trade owner has the right to decline a trade, for whatever reason. Constantly complaining about it all over the place, is not only pointless, but kinda smacks of a pity party. And I think there was more to it than just the one side. Just my two cents.

would a 7th gen silver shimmer be worth a higher gen bronze shimmer?

i don't see anyone wanting higher than 5th lol

Would either a CB Nebula hatchie or a CB Pink hatchy be a good offer to put up for a Red hatchy of any lineage?

Hate to part with either of the above, but do need more Incubates, lol.

Would a 6gen Shimmer PLUS a 2gen Metal get a lower-gen Shimmer?

Probably. Not too much lower though.

Would either a CB Nebula hatchie or a CB Pink hatchy be a good offer to put up for a Red hatchy of any lineage?

Sounds fair. I would give it a try.

I usually have lots of shimmers to trade, and this is just me, but I would take a trade like that if I was in love with the shimmer's lineage or it's something I don't have. It probably matters what color the shimmer is, but I'm weird in that I don't differentiate between the colors.

What is the worth of a third gen shimmerscale?

A few cb metals,maybe.

But I won't offer more than two.I prefer to wait for a while if they need more to offer.

Edited by Mercury

What do you think a cb thunder egg is worth right now?

CB Trio swap.

Maybe a 3G metal.

Couple of CB GWs or CB Springs or CB Tan RWs.

Multiple CB common hatchlings.

Multiple BSA hatchlings.

Edited by Eldrene

What is the currently perceived worth and rarity of a CB Tri-horn? Would you guys consider it to be the same worth as a CB Stripe?

What is the currently perceived worth and rarity of a CB Tri-horn? Would you guys consider it to be the same worth as a CB Stripe?

I perceive a CB Tri-horn to be even with a CB Nebula.

The rarity is uncommon.

CB Stripe is expecting too much. CB Stripe equals a CB Trio or CB GW.

I think that'd be a fair ask and you'll likely get it. I've seen CB stripes sit for over two minutes in the forest during drops lately. They've been dropping much more than they had been.

Just out of curiosity - is a CB spring worth a lot nowadays?

A couple of CB springs specially if hatchlings could get you a CB trio, 2-3 gen. metal.

It could also be worth a few CB BSAs. Personally, i'd put it alongside a CB red dorsal, GW, tan RW. However, since it's just the start of the season it's value might be a little inflated as people want to complete their set pronto.

There seem to be quite a fair number of Blacks Alting lately - I posted an offer of two 3rd gen Silvers for a 2nd-gen/nicely lineaged one, and I'd say the Silvers aren't stunning but not bad either:

hatchy: http://dragcave.net/lineage/8zPyO

Gold/Silver pairing egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/q35mQ

I'd have thought that was a pretty good offer - but I'm often wrong, lol.

At any rate, nada so far.

Is that offer inadequate, or have is it more likely that the right person hasn't seen my postings yet?