Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Honestly, I don't even try to trade the 5th and higher gen tinsels unless I see a specific trade post asking for them.

edit: These posts are usually offering a common hatchling or sometimes two.

Agreed.

I'm collecting Tins for a 6th gen lineage project, so I've traded nice things for a 5th/6th gen before (recently traded a 4th gen Silver from Silver/Vine stair step for one and a 3rd gen Gold from Gold/Wrapping Wing for two), but you generally need to catch someone who is doing something like that, or trying to just collect one of every line, regardless of lineage.

Or, as Slaskia says, they have to be rare Tins.

The thing about Tins - which is also true about Shimmers and will become much more pronounced as time goes on - is that they are truly beautiful dragons, but they're also an investment dragon for many players.

So you trade because A. you want that lineage, but also B. because of the trade value of the eggs you can breed. And whatever eggs you can breed will be a gen higher than the one you have, and that rapidly decreases Tin value (and, again, will eventually due the same with Shimmers), far more than regular metal decreases - and that actually has a steep decrease, too.

Question about Alts - in the Black and Vine Alts, is a 2gen PB Alt worth more than a hybrid? I see so many posts stating "I have no use for PB's" that it kinda confuses me - and I don't need any help in that department!

Question about Alts - in the Black and Vine Alts, is a 2gen PB Alt worth more than a hybrid? I see so many posts stating "I have no use for PB's" that it kinda confuses me - and I don't need any help in that department!

PB desirability can be weird.

With alts, PB tends to be a plus. Probably because the alt sprites are different which makes it unlike many other PB breedings. The same with Stripes and Nebulas.

I think with other common/uncommon, non-alt PBs the problem is that while PB lineages can be lovely, a lot of what people enjoy about a lot of lineages out there is the contrast or complementary interplay between different sprites. So a PB, from that perspective might not be as valuable.

And with rares, they are desired, but there's a limit in the market of how many people can seriously continue on with PB lineages, even in stair-step or spiral lines.

CB Trihorns hang around in the biomes for quite a while, I think it would be easier to just catch one personally. IMO you could definitely get one for a red hatchling smile.gif

What type of lineage are you thinking of?

A chromatic lineage is a lineaged dragon (usually a common) with a color pattern.

They are very hard to plan out, especially if it is a messy chromatic.

They are also called rainbow lineages if the color pattern is rainbow.

What would be a good offer for a place on a list for a 5th or 6th gen Bronze Shimmer from Lurkers? I am really, REALLY desperate for at least a place on one of these lists, since it would be an amazing gift for my daughter, but I can't find any one willing to accept any type of trade at all.

So what should I offer if I find anyone with this lineage willing to trade? Is it worth a ton of CB metals or 4th gen Shimmer IOUs?

Would someone please advise me as to what would be fair to ask for a pair of m/f Influenced CB winter hatchies?

Are CB Tsunami's too hard to come by to be a reasonable request?

CB Blacks seem to be still Dropping well, how about those? or a CB Tri-horn, or a Red Hatchie?

I have no idea what would be feasible to suggest as offers for them, lol.

Most of the things I need are usually those less easily obtained, and a lot of people are already stocked up on Winters, while others may be going 'OMG, I need another pair' but be no better at catching than am I, lol.

Would someone please advise me as to what would be fair to ask for a pair of m/f Influenced CB winter hatchies?

Are CB Tsunami's too hard to come by to be a reasonable request?

CB Blacks seem to be still Dropping well, how about those? or a CB Tri-horn, or a Red Hatchie?

I have no idea what would be feasible to suggest as offers for them, lol.

Most of the things I need are usually those less easily obtained, and a lot of people are already stocked up on Winters, while others may be going 'OMG, I need another pair' but be no better at catching than am I, lol.

That's a perfectly reasonable request. There's more then enough reds and trihorns around and the only thing with which you might have a problem is Tsunami.

Thanks so much, PointOfOrigin!

It's already hard enough to tell what's fair these days without having 'either way' independent variables like seasonality and the large number of those already loaded with the previous sprites to consider.

What would be a good offer for a place on a list for a 5th or 6th gen Bronze Shimmer from Lurkers? I am really, REALLY desperate for at least a place on one of these lists, since it would be an amazing gift for my daughter, but I can't find any one willing to accept any type of trade at all.

So what should I offer if I find anyone with this lineage willing to trade? Is it worth a ton of CB metals or 4th gen Shimmer IOUs?

I wouldn't say anything above 3rd gen is worth a ton of CB Metals (or even one CB Metal, IMO), but since you're looking for a certain lineage, you're probably going to have a harder time getting what you want and might have to offer more than you normally would, if for no other reason then because you can't afford to lose a shot at getting one from the few people who have that lineage. If you're worried about overpaying, and have several CB Metals, start by offering one and slowly add more if they turn you down...?

Could you get a Dino for two Stripe hatchlings and a Tri-horn hatchling? Or a nice Silver?

I would think so but I think I also read in another thread/post that dinos might be a bit harder to get right now - I haven't been looking to catch any though so I'm not sure about that.

Since it's from a specific lineage, I agree with angelicdragonpuppy that it's more about finding someone who owns that lineage and negotiating for an offspring. I found that PMs sometimes work better than posting in the trading threads since it's easy for your post to get buried by other posts, and that some people simply don't bother scrolling through the whole thread. Best of luck to your trade and hopefully this helped you in any way smile.gif

1 4th-gen shimmer should be enough and you can add 1-2 CB metals to seal the deal quickly if you like. Sometimes overpaying overcomes hedging traders smile.gif

Edited by Valeth

Does everyone really think that a 4gen Shimmer is worth multiple CB metals? My 3gen Silvers and Golds get no takers - so why should a 4gen Shimmer rate CB Metals? Surely 2gens would be plenty for a 4gen Shimmer.

Does everyone really think that a 4gen Shimmer is worth multiple CB metals? My 3gen Silvers and Golds get no takers - so why should a 4gen Shimmer rate CB Metals? Surely 2gens would be plenty for a 4gen Shimmer.

I think it's because CB shimmers are a constant and limited source, so the number of lineages are much fewer than lineages you can create with CB metals, especially now that they're dropping in large numbers. Trade is relative and while later on, shimmers are bound to devalue to the level of tinsels now, right now, demand outstrips supply so people are overpaying in CB metals to get their hands on limited low-gen shimmers.

I think it's because CB shimmers are a constant and limited source, so the number of lineages are much fewer than lineages you can create with CB metals, especially now that they're dropping in large numbers. Trade is relative and while later on, shimmers are bound to devalue to the level of tinsels now, right now, demand outstrips supply so people are overpaying in CB metals to get their hands on limited low-gen shimmers.

^This, basically. Value is in the eye of the beholder. Between the Metal boom and the scarcity (still) of Shimmers; if you want one NOW it might be worth multiple CB Metals to you.

It's been discussed before, as said above me...But I need some serious opinions.

Should I trade 2 CB Silvers for an IOU of 2x 5G Shimmers? (One is a Gold w/ GWs, and the other is Bronze w/ Hellfires. I'd be 1st on list for the Gold, and 3rd for the Bronze).

I'm so conflicted, and I don't have any Shimmers yet. Whaddaya guys think? >n<

I wouldn't say anything above 3rd gen is worth a ton of CB Metals (or even one CB Metal, IMO)...

I agree, but I think you'll be hard pressed to find one for less than that.

Should I trade 2 CB Silvers for an IOU of 2x 5G Shimmers? (One is a Gold w/ GWs, and the other is Bronze w/ Hellfires. I'd be 1st on list for the Gold, and 3rd for the Bronze).

I wouldn't, but then again I'm really not interested in Shimmers above 2nd Gen right now. For anything else, I'll wait...

So here's my question: how soon do you want a Shimmer? Prices WILL drop on the higher generations. There's no question of that. If you can wait, you're probably better off not paying a CB Metal for a 5th gen Shimmer.

---

What ARE 4th gen Tinsels worth these days? I think they used to trade 1:1 for Blacks or Stripes, maybe Trios. But, now Blacks and Stripes value's sort of fallen into the toilet.

What about Unbreedables? They barely seem to be dropping, but they're still unbreedable so...

Edit: Those are two separate questions BTW.

Edited by rayden54

It's been discussed before, as said above me...But I need some serious opinions.

Agreed that it mostly boils down to how much do you want one now? At some point in the not too distant future will it matter to you if the eggs you could breed from the shimmers would probably be worth less than eggs you could breed from CB silvers?

I traded a silver for a 5g shimmer, but I'm not planning on using the eggs as trade fodder so I personally didn't care about that aspect of it, and it didn't factor into my decision.

No, god no is my answer.

I need to ask, what could I possibly and fairly expect to ask for a 5th gen bronze shimmer with lurkers, and a 5th gen bronze shimmer with GW's?? Separately, each?

I see.

That's the general line I was thinking along. Though I do want one pretty bad (and urgently xd.png) I think I'll wait until I can gen a high gen for a cheap price, since I really just want one, regardless of generation. And though I'll put some effort into getting one, I might have to just stay low until it dies down a little.

Thanks you guys!

I need to ask, what could I possibly and fairly expect to ask for a 5th gen bronze shimmer with lurkers, and a 5th gen bronze shimmer with GW's?? Separately, each?

You should be able to obtain several CB metals each for them (I don't own a shimmer, I don't know precisely the market) - that is a fair offer at the moment and plenty of people should/would offer that much. If people offer/accept a trade I define that as fair... in my opinion stupid, but fair in this is the age of instant gratification and if people obtain those shimmers quickly they should be able to recoup the loss by breeding your babies.

Put the teleport links on EATW and dragcave and you should be able to get at least one offer of that extent.

Edited by DarkEternity

What could I expect for up to four CB Whites at the moment? I know they're not all that rare, but it seems to me that people like them quite a lot.

I realize that this has been asked several times already, but I'd like an opinion on this nevertheless. tongue.gif Do y'all think it's a worth it to trade CB gold hatchie for a 5th gen Gold Shimmer? This'd be my 2nd CB gold, so I'd be meeting my scroll goals and whatnot, but at the same time I have a vague hope that I might be able to trade the babies of the shimmer and recoup the loss (and then start gifting, yay).

Thoughts?

What could I expect for up to four CB Whites at the moment? I know they're not all that rare, but it seems to me that people like them quite a lot.

If they're hatchies, I would trade a 2nd/3rd gen metal for them. I currently need Whites.