Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What Shimmerscale can I hope to get for my CB Silver (like gen/color/etc)? Any advice appreciated c:

It really depends on who is looking to trade.

A lot of people are trading their lower gen Shimmers only for other Shimmers. And I actually saw a trade today where someone had a (IIRC) 6th gen, three breed Shimmer and was asking for CB Golds (as in plural). Now, whether they'll get that or not is debatable, but it does show that some expectations out there are still really high for some folks, especially if they have the Shimmer on hand.

However, as more people are getting them, more of them recognize that the window for getting super high trades for any Shimmer of any type is closing, and they might be very happy to get a CB metal right now.

Like I said, it really just depends on who's looking to trade, and also if you're willing to take an IOU. But since they're breeding really well that does put more people in the mix of potential trade partners.

In my opinion, the value of shimmers is dropping very rapidly at the moment. Consider the number of shimmers that people are trying to trade at the moment. Some astute traders are realising that they are not going to be able to get CB metals soon and are trying to trade for them.

What Shimmerscale can I hope to get for my CB Silver (like gen/color/etc)? Any advice appreciated c:

It really depends, a lot of people are trading 6th-gens and longer for a CB Silver but honestly, shimmerscale value is dropping rapidly as mentioned before so you can try holding out, don't accept the first offer that comes by but wait until it's a lineage that you really like or it's a low enough gen.

As for IOUs, only take them if they're offering lower-gens like 5th for example, otherwise there would always be someone who has an actual egg to trade.

Gold > Silver > Bronze always in terms of rarity, you can settle for silver if you like since golds aren't in much circulation compared to other colors.

Um, I might be a minority on this subject but do avoid accepting a shimmer offer that isn't a 2-breed stair or spiral x common. (No 3-breeds, EGs, or holiday mates since those tend to drop in value more quickly.)

I hope this helps!

I was wondering, trade wise, what would be asked for a 2gen Tinsel. I know they have been out for awhile and I just thought about it tonight that I would like a 2gen tinsel and didn't know how impossible it might be to get one. The lowest gen one I have is a 5 gen but I would like to make some 3gen ones too.

I was wondering, trade wise, what would be asked for a 2gen Tinsel. I know they have been out for awhile and I just thought about it tonight that I would like a 2gen tinsel and didn't know how impossible it might be to get one. The lowest gen one I have is a 5 gen but I would like to make some 3gen ones too.

For me, this is difficult to answer.

Normal Tinsel trade value is down because people are all about getting their Shimmer collections going right now, while Tinsels are plentiful. However, that doesn't necessarily apply to super low gens, especially 2nd gens.

There may be some issues with getting 2nd gen Tins.

1. There was the Tinsel drought, so a lot of CB Tin owners may well be working on IOU lists that they've had for a long time.

2. The owners have had a long time to gather things that they needed for basic scroll completion, so what they're looking for now might be very specific (2nd gen Thuweds, 2nd gens from spriter's alts, etc.).

3. Some of the owners have left the game either because of time, RL, or because they may have been getting bugged enough to make it not so much fun to play. So it might be harder to find someone willing to trade. Even with those still around, a lot of them have notes about not contacting them about breeding.

4. They may be currently breeding to exchange for Shimmers.

My suggestion would be to go to the DC wiki and find out who has Tins and then check out and see which of them might be active around here. Looking at their profiles you may be able to see if they're still open to breeding, and you might find that you have/can get something that they want.

If they say their list is open, it might just be best to PM them (if they're open to that) and ask them what they're interested in because, as I mentioned, they've had a lot of time to get things for their scroll, so they might not be looking for lots of CB metallics or the like and that can save you time in collecting something that wouldn't interest them.

Also, I believe that at least one Tin owner has it in their profile that they might trade for 2nd gen Thuweds. Those are free to get if you can get on a list and don't mind waiting. So, if that's doable for you, maybe checking out what kind of Thuweds they already have could help.

I think that, at this point, it may take some leg work to figure out what's being looked for by the CB Tin owners. You can certainly put together interesting deals and post them on the trade threads. It may be that metallics are still a good way to go, or tons of BSA hatchlings could work. Also, CB Blusangs might be an interesting way to go if you can get a bunch of them together. And if you're willing to breed or catch specific things, you can put that in your sig, but I'd make it a specific offer as opposed to the general "Will catch and breed for 2nd gen Tin".

And if you go there or would be willing to, people on the DC IRC might have more info about the subject.

What could I get for a 2nd gen ice? I asked for another 2nd gen ice or a 2nd gen red or magi from specific parent combinations, but didn't get any offers so far. Is that too specific? 'coz I can't imagine my egg's not worth one of the eggs I want sad.gif

I also didn't get any offers for a 5th gen tinsel (perfect stair but holiday mates) and a messy but non-inbred gold - is nobody looking for these anymore? I know they're not worth low-gen metallics or other rares, but I only asked for 1-2 messy hatchies for freezing, they can be easily caught and incu-hatched from the AP.

Or do people simply not offer on freshly bred eggs because of all the low-time eggs in the AP?

What would I need to get to trade for a CB Golden Wyvern? :|

You could try offering two CB blacks, especially if you're willing to raise them as a hatchling pair; there's still some demand for those but they should be significantly easier to catch than gold wyverns. Gold wyverns aren't shockingly rare currently, especially with how the alpine is quite fast-moving, but they do still get snatched up fairly quickly.

Is a 2nd gen Blusang from male Tan Ridgewing x Blusang worth a CB Tsunami? I know the prices of CB Blusangs have skyrocketed, but I'm not sure whether that price hike applies to 2nd gens at all, and I'm also not at all certain of what CB Tsunamis are worth.

What could I get for a 2nd gen ice? I asked for another 2nd gen ice or a 2nd gen red or magi from specific parent combinations, but didn't get any offers so far. Is that too specific? 'coz I can't imagine my egg's not worth one of the eggs I want sad.gif

I also didn't get any offers for a 5th gen tinsel (perfect stair but holiday mates) and a messy but non-inbred gold - is nobody looking for these anymore? I know they're not worth low-gen metallics or other rares, but I only asked for 1-2 messy hatchies for freezing, they can be easily caught and incu-hatched from the AP.

Or do people simply not offer on freshly bred eggs because of all the low-time eggs in the AP?

The thing is that most people who've frequented the forums for any length of time already have pretty much everything they need/want. It's not that your 2nd gen Ice isn't valuable, it's that most traders just don't particularly need it, and so most won't bother to offer on it. I can try to get you some of those things you asked for for free, though. smile.gif

Same thing kinda goes for Tins--the only Tins that seem to be worth much anymore are 2nd-3rd gens, so no one's much obligated to offer on yours. Plus, messy hatchies aren't usually valuable trade fodder, so while they're certainly not hard to GET, most people don't keep them on hand for trading--and when they see an offer asking for them, they usually won't run out and try to get any, because they figure your trade will be long gone before they raise a few.

I have this pb gold 3rd evgen egg. What could I possibly get for this? I have offered it on a few shimmer trades-all 3 colors-today without success. Is no one interested in Pb metallics?

I have this pb gold 3rd evgen egg. What could I possibly get for this? I have offered it on a few shimmer trades-all 3 colors-today without success. Is no one interested in Pb metallics?

PB Metallics are kind of odd ducks. To people working on PB Metal lineages, they're of great value, but to everyone else they represent something that is very, very hard to get a perfect mate for and thus are usually less valuable than stairsteps or even checkers with commons. So yes, you might have some trouble trading it--particularly if you're trying to get a Shimmer. People are still offering CB Metals for "any decent Shimmer," from what I'm seeing, so people who are trading Shimmers are probably going to look for such offers over your own.

PB Metallics are kind of odd ducks. To people working on PB Metal lineages, they're of great value, but to everyone else they represent something that is very, very hard to get a perfect mate for and thus are usually less valuable than stairsteps or even checkers with commons. So yes, you might have some trouble trading it--particularly if you're trying to get a Shimmer. People are still offering CB Metals for "any decent Shimmer," from what I'm seeing, so people who are trading Shimmers are probably going to look for such offers over your own.

Yeah I was afraid of something like that. But CB Metallics seem to be allergic to me. I couldn't catch them during the boom let alone during regular times.

Yeah I was afraid of something like that.  But CB Metallics seem to be allergic to me.  I couldn't catch them during the boom let alone during regular times.

I wouldn't fret too much about that, unless you're only interested in the lowest of the low gens when it comes to Shimmers. People might still be asking absurd prices for higher gens now, but I assure you in a few months they'll be all but worthless unless they're 2nd-3rd gen and you'll be able to grab plenty of 'em. Happened with Tinsels, will happen with Shimmers--and in this case, there's more CB Shimmers to start with then there were CB Tinsels to start with, so the switch will happen all the faster. smile.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Per ADP.

For people who are interested in making metallic lineages, I'm always tempted by these sorts of offers. wink.gif

You could try offering two CB blacks, especially if you're willing to raise them as a hatchling pair; there's still some demand for those but they should be significantly easier to catch than gold wyverns. Gold wyverns aren't shockingly rare currently, especially with how the alpine is quite fast-moving, but they do still get snatched up fairly quickly.

Thank you. happy.gif I've caught some CB Blacks before, so I could probably manage that.

What are CB golds worth, generally?

I recently came into a female Gold from parents bred from Golds/Frills. I only have one CB (female) Frill and was wondering how hard it would be to get whatever I need to make an even gen of that.

An even gen would either take me getting a male dragon of a similar lineage, or getting a dragon from a Male Frill and Female Gold and a CB Male Gold to breed to my Female Frill to make my current Gold a mate myself. I've thought of finding someone and offering up the four Pink eggs/hatchlings I have for whatever I find, though I cant tell if that's too little or too much.

Edited by Chuint

What are CB golds worth, generally?

I recently came into a female Gold from parents bred from Golds/Frills. I only have one CB (female) Frill and was wondering how hard it would be to get whatever I need to make an even gen of that.

An even gen would either take me getting a male dragon of a similar lineage, or getting a dragon from a Male Frill and Female Gold and a CB Male Gold to breed to my Female Frill to make my current Gold a mate myself. I've thought of finding someone and offering up the four Pink eggs/hatchlings I have for whatever I find, though I cant tell if that's too little or too much.

I think most CB Golds are being reserved for shimmer trades at the moment so it might be hard going to find one for a cheap price right now sad.gif a 3rd-gen tinsel, 2 CB Silvers, or things like that are pretty normal trade prices for a CB gold.

It would be better to find someone with a 2nd-gen gold x frill and trade for two to breed to a 3rd-gen. If you're lucky, someone might be doing the same project as you smile.gif

Um, personally I think four pink eggs/hatchlings is too little for a CB/2nd/3rd gold metallic since it's easy enough to get. But you can try piling up BSA hatchies and you might get someone interested. It would be better if you find someone with a gold x frill egg and just ask them if they would be interested in hatchie IOUs.

Edited by Valeth

I certainly would if I had such a hellfire.

I thought so too but either people wanted to keep their april fool dragons or the people who saw my post didn't have it . So I gave it too a friend I can't be locked for long

Here's another warning:

If you have a CB metal DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TRADE IT FOR A SHIMMER WHICH IS NOT 2nd/3rd gen! Day by day, CB metals are getting harder AND harder to catch! Soon, we'll be back to basically 3 CB metals dropped per 24 hours at all.

The distant metal boom past: several CB metals per biome per hour

The past: 1 CB metal per biome every three hours

Now: 1 CB metal in the Alpine biome every 5-6 hours. I'm using the alpine example because it feels like the only biome which moves so I sit in there and hunt STDs....

The metal drought is unfortunately starting. So we're basically 3/4 of the way back to the drought we came from.

Also: breeding has been gradually declining as well. sad.gif

Edited by DarkEternity

What's the worth of CB Tsunamis these days? I need one to fulfill an IOU and I can't find anyone offering them anywhere... sad.gif

Just grabbed a Cheese egg off the AP. ohmy.gif What do Cheese eggs go for?

Not much, I'm afraid. You might be able to get a couple common or BSA hatchies for it, or if someone is a collector you may be able to get a higher price. People don't go after the unbreedable uncommons as much, in my experience. Still, you could almost definitely swap it for a paper, or maybe even a chicken if you're lucky.

@ADP - I want to know, too! I need one to give to a donor and it seems like no one has them at all.