Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Yeah but even then I personally wouldn't value Common Prize fails too much.

I mean if you say you accept a CB Copper for a random one what would you like for a non-random one?

Due to really awesomely nice prize owners I got almost all  of mine for free and I snagged the Valentine Prize Kin off the AP so I am kinda out of the picture.

But I remember how frustrated I was when all the owners wanted to accept was a CB Gold or an ND or the like for a random prize fail they were trying to trade. Which I think is entirely too much. And I sat like a year trying to find someone who was willing to trade me just about ANY prize fail, never mind the breed of the mate. At some point I just gave up getting one because the people I saw were asking the same as if it was a prize.

Also I'm not sure why you can't use that slot for prize trading. The one requesting a fail would want a Prize-Kin right? So you could still trade a resulting prize somewhere else could you not? Or one could place the requester when you arrange for a trade for the breed this person asked for.

Now I don't have a CB Prize, but when someone wanted a fail from a breeding of mine I just traded off any resulting prizes till I got their fail.

I know I tend to value them a little bit less than a lot of other people but after like a year of being laughed at or declined for not offering CB metallics I kinda stopped being like OMG I want one really bad. I'm really glad that I was able to recieve those that I have though and some are used to make really pretty Third Gen Tinsels at this point smile.gif

Common prize fails are always going to be less valuable than rare prize fails just because it is so much easier to get a common fail, and there are more likely to be at least some of whatever combo it is on the market from time to time. I certainly would not expect a green copper CB for a caveblocker common prizefail that I did not specifically breed for someone. A xeno, maybe a brown copper if I was lucky, sure, but not more than that.

It depends on what they want, common or rare. I usually either ask for a CB silver or more commonly for some mates from my wishlist (I do a lot of bulk trades or ask them to breed them and raise them up, as I have plenty of CB everything). I agree that a CB gold and especially an ND for a random prize fail is really too much.

What they ask for may not even be something I WANT a prize from. For example, if someone wanted a white prizefail, okay I suppose I could trade any prizes resulting from it, but I already have the prize I need from white. It would be one thing if it was a combo I already wanted to try, and they wanted any prizefail I might get as a result. Also, while they would not want a prize-kin, it still takes up a breeding slot. Say someone wants a black tea prizefail. That will be easy as pie to get, BUT it means one week of not being able to get a prize (which you could trade for a lot more). On the other hand, if I was trying for a prize from black tea and happened to get a prizefail, I wouldn't ask very much for it. I was already doing the breedings anyway, so a fail is just a byproduct of that. On the other side of the coin, if someone wants a rare prizefail, you are likely to get a lot of no egg for several weeks, so you are tying up your prize even more. It's not the actual egg they are getting so much as the fact that you could be breeding for PRIZES that you want instead of for fails. I have a list of combos I want to get prizes from and do checkers with. So far I only have 4 out of my list (all three trios and one from white). I also have a waitlist of people who want prizes, so it behooves me to spend my time and breeding chances to try for those ones, since they pay a lot more than what someone who wants a prizefail is going to trade me.

Basically, just looking from a purely economic/selfish standpoint (which is, of course, not how I always operate, but to clarify why a specific one is more valuable), why bother TRYING for a prizefail when I could instead be adding people to my prize waitlist (and getting really high value offers), doing prize swaps, or breeding my own lineages? The highest value prize offspring is one which you breed specifically for someone. If you can offer someone a prize that's from the mate they want, they are almost always going to be willing to pay more than if you just breed a prize and offer it up for trade to anyone. If I am just looking for high value trades, my best option is to go that route. (That includes prize swaps, because someone is more likely to breed me the specific combo I want if I can return the favour). Even when it comes to prizefails, it makes more economic sense for me to offer a specific prizefail to another owner with the same type/gender prize and do a prizefail swap with them to continue my own checkers. Why even bother offering to breed a prizefail for anyone but in that scenario, if all I am going to get for it is next to nothing? Considering that I have only gotten one egg at all (an unintentional fail) in the last two months of breeding, it becomes even more prudent not to purposely trade for prizefails unless it's a swap for a fail I need.

It's the same sort of logic as a common hatchling being worth more than a common egg. Someone went through the extra time and effort to hatch it out, and that is worth something, even if the breed itself is given away daily in the Departures thread. Doing a specific prizefail for someone takes extra time, effort, and tying up the prize owners CB when they could be instead working on whatever they wanted to do with their prize. That is why a specific fail is worth more than an accidental fail that pops up in the course of regular breedings. I hope that all makes sense! smile.gif

To add to the discussion about 2G prizefails/kin:

I think there are some people who actively collect 2G fails just for the heck of it (like myself). You can still do fun breeding things with them (like so) and for someone who doesn't have a CB prize and/or has a hard time trading for 2G prize dragons, I think prizefails are the next best thing! Plus, they're pretty.

I have over forty 2G fails, a lot of which were gifted to me by awesome CB prize owners, and a lot that I traded for. Over-all, I think the ratio of traded:gifted is probably 2:1. I admit that I've...sometimes overpayed for some of them. But mostly, I've paid things like a single CB Xeno, a 3G metal, 2G Coppers, random CB hatchies, a single CB trio, pretty lineages (checkers mostly), etc. The price seems to vary quite a bit from CB prize owner to owner, but usually I haven't had to pay that much. smile.gif

Also note that all the prizefails I own were not specifically requested, and they were just random eggs the CB prize owner happened to have. I've only recently gotten around to requesting a specific 2G fail, which a lovely CB prize owner has agreed to breed for me for a very good price (actually, they've only asked for a sibling of this dragon). So honestly, even with specifically requested fails, I think the price really varies. But I agree that requested fails should be a lot more expensive than random ones, simply due to the time and pretty much everything harlequinraven said~

Common prize fails are always going to be less valuable than rare prize fails just because it is so much easier to get a common fail, and there are more likely to be at least some of whatever combo it is on the market from time to time. I certainly would not expect a green copper CB for a caveblocker common prizefail that I did not specifically breed for someone. A xeno, maybe a brown copper if I was lucky, sure, but not more than that.

It depends on what they want, common or rare. I usually either ask for a CB silver or more commonly for some mates from my wishlist (I do a lot of bulk trades or ask them to breed them and raise them up, as I have plenty of CB everything). I agree that a CB gold and especially an ND for a random prize fail is really too much.

What they ask for may not even be something I WANT a prize from. For example, if someone wanted a white prizefail, okay I suppose I could trade any prizes resulting from it, but I already have the prize I need from white. It would be one thing if it was a combo I already wanted to try, and they wanted any prizefail I might get as a result. Also, while they would not want a prize-kin, it still takes up a breeding slot. Say someone wants a black tea prizefail. That will be easy as pie to get, BUT it means one week of not being able to get a prize (which you could trade for a lot more). On the other hand, if I was trying for a prize from black tea and happened to get a prizefail, I wouldn't ask very much for it. I was already doing the breedings anyway, so a fail is just a byproduct of that. On the other side of the coin, if someone wants a rare prizefail, you are likely to get a lot of no egg for several weeks, so you are tying up your prize even more. It's not the actual egg they are getting so much as the fact that you could be breeding for PRIZES that you want instead of for fails. I have a list of combos I want to get prizes from and do checkers with. So far I only have 4 out of my list (all three trios and one from white). I also have a waitlist of people who want prizes, so it behooves me to spend my time and breeding chances to try for those ones, since they pay a lot more than what someone who wants a prizefail is going to trade me.

Basically, just looking from a purely economic/selfish standpoint (which is, of course, not how I always operate, but to clarify why a specific one is more valuable), why bother TRYING for a prizefail when I could instead be adding people to my prize waitlist (and getting really high value offers), doing prize swaps, or breeding my own lineages? The highest value prize offspring is one which you breed specifically for someone. If you can offer someone a prize that's from the mate they want, they are almost always going to be willing to pay more than if you just breed a prize and offer it up for trade to anyone. If I am just looking for high value trades, my best option is to go that route. (That includes prize swaps, because someone is more likely to breed me the specific combo I want if I can return the favour). Even when it comes to prizefails, it makes more economic sense for me to offer a specific prizefail to another owner with the same type/gender prize and do a prizefail swap with them to continue my own checkers. Why even bother offering to breed a prizefail for anyone but in that scenario, if all I am going to get for it is next to nothing? Considering that I have only gotten one egg at all (an unintentional fail) in the last two months of breeding, it becomes even more prudent not to purposely trade for prizefails unless it's a swap for a fail I need.

It's the same sort of logic as a common hatchling being worth more than a common egg. Someone went through the extra time and effort to hatch it out, and that is worth something, even if the breed itself is given away daily in the Departures thread. Doing a specific prizefail for someone takes extra time, effort, and tying up the prize owners CB when they could be instead working on whatever they wanted to do with their prize. That is why a specific fail is worth more than an accidental fail that pops up in the course of regular breedings. I hope that all makes sense! smile.gif

Personally I think a CB silver is too much. Because it's too hard to get and I wouldn't offer one.

Still I see your point, and I was not saying you are selfish, nor that you or in fact any prize owner is oblieged to give away stuff just like that. So I hope you don't take offence in this. I do agree with your logic though ^^

Could a CB Spessartine go for a CB Pyro?

I'd even say you can get at least 2 pyros for the spessartine - spessartines are much rarer than xenos, and the demand is high for both of them.

What are 2nd gen PB black Alts worth?

in my experience, these are things I've asked for and gotten easily

a CB Copper (any color)

a Paper

maybe 1-2 CB Xenos

in my experience, these are things I've asked for and gotten easily

a CB Copper (any color)

a Paper

maybe 1-2 CB Xenos

Thanks!

I Will keep it then as i only have 1 alt black and can catch the rest easy myself.

In reference to my signature so I don't get a warning, I currently have a CB Silver up for trade and I wanted to know how many 2015 Halloween hatchlings it would be worth (I feel like I need to put halloween hatchlings or people won't really understand ^^; ) Thanks!

What are 2nd gen PB black Alts worth?

It depends on the market. They had been pretty rare recently (though I've seen a few more alts popping up in the past few days), and people were getting CB silvers and golds for them. That was at the peak of their dearth, though, so I'm not sure you'd get that easily right now. On the other hand, I've seen a lot of metals dropping in the biomes lately, so that shift might be in the favour of anyone looking to get metals at the moment. I would say a CB copper to silver would be a fair range most of the time. Paper I think is pretty low, as are xenos at current (their market has dropped quite a bit).

I've been on a small hiatus from the cave. Can anyone give me an idea what a CB Blusang is worth these days? I know they used to be fairly coveted.

How would a CB nebula (not yet hatched, still in egg form) go for?

I've been on a small hiatus from the cave. Can anyone give me an idea what a CB Blusang is worth these days? I know they used to be fairly coveted.

Lately I have seen them going for unbreedables, trios, things like that. Metals are dropping a bit heavy right now, so you might be able to fanagle a brown copper for one.

How would a CB nebula (not yet hatched, still in egg form) go for?

From the desert not really much. Another UC like Gemsone or the like maybe?

Alpine is a different matter I heard those are really rare, but please correct me if I got it wrong!

Alpine nebs have become a little rarer lately, and they've been pushed back (along with those pesky invisible Almandines dry.gif) since the Alpine already has a lot of caveblockers and other eggs.

Magelights, pygmies, lunars, frostbite, electric, golden wyverns, etc. tend to clog the Alpine from generating goodies.

In my opinion, I would trade maybe 1-2 CB Xenowyrms for 1 Alpine neb. Someone was even offering 2 CB Spessartines for 1 alpine neb some while ago.

I am not really a frequent trader, so I am not sure of the value of things. But I expected that a 3rd gen Silver should at least be worth one common CB hatchling. I have had a trade up since yesterday with not a single offer. This is the egg in question. I realize it isn't a "perfect" lineage, but still . . . third gen Silver?

Edited by purplehaze

I guess it really depends on the demand for that kind of lineage. I believe that its easier to get rares if you breed them to trios? I've seen many prize lines with trios and they produce eggs fairly well.

Maybe if you bred the silver an unrelated mate and bundled them together you would get some offers?

I am not really a frequent trader, so I am not sure of the value of things. But I expected that a 3rd gen Silver should at least be worth one common CB hatchling. I have had a trade up since yesterday with not a single offer. This is the egg in question. I realize it isn't a "perfect" lineage, but still . . . third gen Silver?

Put the trade up on EATW. There are a lot of non-forum members still looking to get their first Silver who would be thrilled with the trade.

What's a CB Blusang worth? Are they about as rare as a CB Xenowyrm or rarer?

Blusangs are a bit rarer than xenos, but the demand for xenos is higher, that evens things out a bit. I have successfully traded a cb blusang for a cb xeno two or three times, but I had to hatch the blusang before I got offers. Once it was a hatchie, the trades worked out fine.

@blockEdragon: That gold shimmer is 5th gen, so I assume it's not worth a lot, maybe a few common hatchies or BSA hatchies. I'm not really into prize trading, can't say anything about that specific line, but 5th gen is in general considered to be worth not much.

Uhm... don't xeno swaps happen anymore? Or are there differences in demand for the different subspecies? I've been trying to swap a mageia for a pyro, chrono or gaia, and only succeeded in getting a swap for a high-time egg when mine was already hatched. I currently have another mageia and try to get a swap for pyro or gaia, and no offers for two days. Is everyone just obsessed with Halloween preparations, or is something wrong with what I'm asking?

Edit: Thanks for your answer, sonseray!

Edited by Ha-Ki

Uhm... don't xeno swaps happen anymore? Or are there differences in demand for the different subspecies? I've been trying to swap a mageia for a pyro, chrono or gaia, and only succeeded in getting a swap for a high-time egg when mine was already hatched. I currently have another mageia and try to get a swap for pyro or gaia, and no offers for two days. Is everyone just obsessed with Halloween preparations, or is something wrong with what I'm asking?

The demand on individual species has shifted

Chronos seem to be worth the most (significantly)

I'm surprised to hear you can't swap it for a Pyro or Gaia though.

Astrapi seem to be worth the least.

I need help with a trade, as I cannot gauge which offer is better, and I like them both (for vastly different reasons).

I'm trading a Red Dino S1 hatchling. I've been offered a CB Gaia Xeno by one user, and a Mageia from a CB Shimmer-scale x Mageia + this little lovely from another user.

I feel that they are both fair trades so far as worth goes. What do you think?

I couldn't find a topic like this, and I think it is dissimilar to the question about a trade thread because my question is regarding the value of dragons over time and not their current perceived trade value.

My question is:

Will CB Alamandines stay valuable in trades?

Will CB Xenos?

Will CB Coppers?

All of these are more or less pretty valuable right now, but so were CB Blacks, CB Stripes, and CB Seasonals at one point. Do you think these dragons will stay valuable? Why or why not?

Edited by sonseray

Value is in the eyes of the trader. If I wanted a spitfire enough, I'd "pay" anything for it. Fi (?) said coppers were not rare, only uncommon. She should know. But they ARE popular. I THINK Birdz said something similar about Xenos. It's supply and demand, plain and simple. A dragon that is hugely popular one week may - not be, the next.

@Wahya: If it were me, I'd probably go for the 2Gs. I guess it depends whether you're more focussed on collecting CBs or interesting lineages. And also on how you are at catching CBs yourself. Personally, if it's something I know I could catch or breed myself, I'm less inclined to look for it as a trade option unless I'm in a hurry for some reason.

ETA: Clarity. The thread merge discombobulated me. :s

Edited by Amazon_warrior