Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I doubt 1 CB Silver is enough to get any 3G prize. Yes, there are people who sell them for less, but you'd have to find them, first.

Also: CB Silvers can fetch you many things, all but cb golds, neglecteds and low gen prizes/holly.

So, if you need something, ask for it - there will be someone who provides it. I just recently traded a silver for multiple 2g coppers I needed for a lineage project.

Nah, the thing is, I'm only interested in the sprites. CBs and lineages aren't a big deal for me. Since I already have the majority of the dragons as adults, in gender pairs, only the species I'm missing have much value to me, and that's limited to NDs and Halloweens.

Nah, the thing is, I'm only interested in the sprites. CBs and lineages aren't a big deal for me. Since I already have the majority of the dragons as adults, in gender pairs, only the species I'm missing have much value to me, and that's limited to NDs and Halloweens.

An ND would worth at least a gold, and obviously at this time of the year you won't be able to get Halloweens, unless you want to arrange IOUs with spriters for their halloween offsprings.

You may be able to arrange a trade for an IOU of multiple Halloweens (as hatchlings, for example, not to mess with your eggslots and to make up for the value of the Silver) with someone, you'd just need to direct the reader of your trade post to your signature and write the details there, as mentioning IOUs in posts isn't allowed. ^^

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Hello everyone, I have two fairly general questions!

The first is, does a large "want" list give people more to choose from, or does it scare them away? I tend to make a pretty big and neatly organized list so that there's something everyone can afford, but I'm also worried that some people are just glazing over it. Is a more pointed list better?

And secondly, how often could I hope to swap 3G Prizes for Neglecteds? I posted this once before but can't really remember the answer. The few times I tried I didn't succeed, so I'd like to know if there's no point in trying or if I just have to keep looking.

The first is, does a large "want" list give people more to choose from, or does it scare them away? I tend to make a pretty big and neatly organized list so that there's something everyone can afford, but I'm also worried that some people are just glazing over it. Is a more pointed list better?

And secondly, how often could I hope to swap 3G Prizes for Neglecteds? I posted this once before but can't really remember the answer. The few times I tried I didn't succeed, so I'd like to know if there's no point in trying or if I just have to keep looking.

I'd personally prefer a big "want" list so that I know what that person wants instead of guessing what that person likes. A neat list with multiple options is always easier to me.

It's possible to swap 3G Prizes for NDs, but since there are so little regular ND producers around, you'll have to (a) be lucky that someone who can make NDs is willing to trade it for a 3G Prize (cool.gif PM someone who sell NDs and ask if they want a 3G prize in exchange of ND.

And just mentioning this for your reference, the last time I traded an ND away I got my first 2G prize which was the first offspring of a 2014 shimmer.

Just read your most recent trade and I think they are not too long. More importantly they are well organized with a good selection of nicely specified acceptable wants, all roughly in the same value range.

There are some out there that do make my eyes glaze over but they are very long and usually very detailed. Those also make me think that there are so many things they might find acceptable that they'll get a ton of offers, so mine has less chance of being accepted. xd.png

In my personal preference, a large, specific "want" list is the best. The only time I glaze over it is if I'm not interested what is being offered. I am much more likely to offer on a trade if there's something listed that I can breed/catch. Too few "wants" and I move on if I cannot offer them. Too vague ("...or offers." Offers of what?) and I have no idea where to start.

But! A long "want" list should be well-organized and include both pictures and text (as yours do). A wall of text without the egg/hatchie pictures is no fun to read. But pictures alone also won't do because sometimes I CTRL + F search the page for something I want or have for trade.

@adp: I've made very good trades with want lists like that:

Want:

For All:

Specific 3g shimmers (see sig+profile)

For 2:

user posted image CB Gold

For the Red Copper, ordered by priority:

user posted image2g Spring from female Red Copper (1:2)*

user posted image2g Blusang from female Brown Copper (1:2)*

user posted image2g Pink from male brown copper (1:3)*

user posted image2g Avatar from Blusang (1:1)

user posted image2g Blusang from GoN (1:1)

user posted image2g Red Dorsal from female Red Copper(1:1)*

user posted image2g Red Copper from male Red Dorsal(1:2)*

user posted image2g Brown Copper from male blusang (1:2)*

user posted image2g Red Copper from male Spring (1:3)*

user posted image2g Brown Copper from female pink (1:3)*

user posted image/user posted image/user posted image/user posted image CB Brute/Crimson/Fever/Pink hatchies (1:20)

user posted image/user posted image2g from Male Brown Copper x Female Silver (1:1)*

*please note that all my metallics need to be unrelated for my breeding project to work and that I have other breeding projects not listed, that need other 2g metals/fails.

For the Green Copper:

See red copper, but add about 50% of value.

For the Silver:

see red copper, but add 100% of the values.

Feel free to PM me and see the top of my sig for an important detail.

There are some out there that do make my eyes glaze over but they are very long and usually very detailed. Those also make me think that there are so many things they might find acceptable that they'll get a ton of offers, so mine has less chance of being accepted.  xd.png

This, so much. If I see someone asking for a rare OR multiple common/BSA hatchies, I usually don't bother getting the hatchies because I think my chances are very little and a rare offer will be preferred anyway. I sometimes pm people then.

I also have a question: What is this gold worth? It's 3rd gen and purebred, but one of the caveborn pairs has stupid names. What I really need for scroll completion is a cb silver, a cb red copper and two cb green coppers. Any chances I'll get any one of these? I'm pointing out in my trades that I am willing to add something and also have a note in my signature, but no offers so far (~24 h).

Do I have to be more patient? Do I have to change something in my trade posts (example) to make my trade more interesting? Or is what I am looking for simply out of reach?

Edit: I just realized the trade example links to my post in the metallic trading thread where avatars are not allowed, so here's a maybe better example what my trade looks like in other threads.

Edited by Ha-Ki

I think your post lay-out looks just fine. Would find it hard to believe that is causing you trouble.

I just don't think a 3G gold is enough to get a CB metal. Usually I see 1:1 trades for CB's when it comes to coppers, silvers, and golds

Yeah, that's what I suspected. Though I would have thought that a 3rd gen pb gold and a 2nd gen avatar should be able to fetch a cb green copper or silver, since I've successfully traded 2nd gen avatars or 2nd gen alt vines for coppers (red and brown). I guess I'll just try it the other way around then and stalk the trading threads for cb silvers or green coppers and offer on them. Thanks!

Yeah, that's what I suspected. Though I would have thought that a 3rd gen pb gold and a 2nd gen avatar should be able to fetch a cb green copper or silver, since I've successfully traded 2nd gen avatars or 2nd gen alt vines for coppers (red and brown). I guess I'll just try it the other way around then and stalk the trading threads for cb silvers or green coppers and offer on them. Thanks!

I'd probably ask for 2-3 avatars for a green copper/silver. I think the main problem is the 3g gold, though, because while creating those is a pain, you can barely trade them.

I've been having this shimmer up for trade recently and haven't been able to get good offers (like an equal rarity swap), and the fact that I don't accept CB metallic offers just does not help. I'm starting to wonder if it's me overvalue-ing this shimmer. How do you generally estimate a line rarity? By CB rarity or pairing rarity? Also I would like to know is it fair for me to ask for multiple 2G avators in exchange of this shimmer? How about in terms of BSAs, what should I ask for?

I've been having this shimmer up for trade recently and haven't been able to get good offers (like an equal rarity swap), and the fact that I don't accept CB metallic offers just does not help. I'm starting to wonder if it's me overvalue-ing this shimmer. How do you generally estimate a line rarity? By CB rarity or pairing rarity? Also I would like to know is it fair for me to ask for multiple 2G avators in exchange of this shimmer? How about in terms of BSAs, what should I ask for?

I'm not an expert on these things, but people don't like bronze prizes ^^" and I've seen line rarity being based off how many 3Gs there are from the line; yours has 10 3Gs so I'm not sure it's rare. I'm not terribly interested in avatars so I don't take note of what they are going for.

I prefer longer lists... but not too long. If I have to scroll to read it all, I usually don't bother. Also - images are better in case of long lists (as @whitebaron has shown), it's easier to concentrate on them and one can see immediately what the other person is looking for.

Also I have to agree with these:

Just read your most recent trade and I think they are not too long. More importantly they are well organized with a good selection of nicely specified acceptable wants, all roughly in the same value range.

There are some out there that do make my eyes glaze over but they are very long and usually very detailed. Those also make me think that there are so many things they might find acceptable that they'll get a ton of offers, so mine has less chance of being accepted.  xd.png

This, so much. If I see someone asking for a rare OR multiple common/BSA hatchies, I usually don't bother getting the hatchies because I think my chances are very little and a rare offer will be preferred anyway. I sometimes pm people then.

Agreed, but do you guys have any opinion about rare-OR-hatchies trades? That may be only me, but I've found out, that they are rather difficult (i.e. few offers). Maybe that's the reason wink.gif

Agreed, but do you guys have any opinion about rare-OR-hatchies trades? That may be only me, but I've found out, that they are rather difficult (i.e. few offers). Maybe that's the reason wink.gif

The either or trades used to be a great way to get some nicer stuff for those of us with slow connections or for new players without valuable trade fodder.

However it seems like lately they aren't worth the effort of trying. It's like the players offering are thinking "I'll take hatchies if nothing better comes along" only they don't word it like that.

I have been 'burned' several times on offers that list 'or bsa hatchies'. I'll pop the required 3-4 on the trade link, pm a message that I have or can add more to that, just give me a number, and.... decline. No reply, and the egg stays on the scroll.

~I assume they are still hoping for the rare offer to show up, even though they specified either /or. ~

(however there are still players who do reply even if they are accepting another offer, and I really appreciate that)

It's mostly killed my interest in trying for those types of trades. If it is something I really, really like I might PM to be sure they are willing to accept hatchies if I go through the trouble of gathering/incubating/hatching them, otherwise I tend to pass over those now.

Thank you all for the answers! smile.gif

It's a combination of both. A dragon from a very rare CB (like, say, Booo) is going to be worth a fair bit more than another dragon of the same generation. Such "rare" CB Prizes aren't too common, though (I think most CBs are considered fairly equally valid), so usually it's the rarity of the line. If it's one everyone and their mom has, people likely won't be interested.

I think your problem might not be rarity so much as the breed and what you're asking, though. Personally I don't like how balloons look too much and wouldn't overly prioritize getting such a line. Other people, knowing balloons are common, might be scared they'll get a prize dragon that doesn't breed well.

You also might be asking too much--I've had a 2g Gold from Gold x GW up since yesterday asking for two 2g Avatars without a bite, and I personally consider 2g Golds worth more than any Prize above 3g. Could be wrong about that, though. xd.png

As far as BSAs go, 2-3 if you're not accepting IOUs, 4 if you are. Also, Reds and Pinks tend to be higher value BSAs then Magis and Purples, so keep that in mind!

what are cb golden wyverns going for?

Probably a CB Tan Ridgewing / Red Dorsal, or a 2g Trio. What are you looking for?

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

The either or trades used to be a great way to get some nicer stuff for those of us with slow connections or for new players without valuable trade fodder.

However it seems like lately they aren't worth the effort of trying. It's like the players offering are thinking "I'll take hatchies if nothing better comes along" only they don't word it like that.

I have been 'burned' several times on offers that list 'or bsa hatchies'. I'll pop the required 3-4 on the trade link, pm a message that I have or can add more to that, just give me a number, and.... decline. No reply, and the egg stays on the scroll.

~I assume they are still hoping for the rare offer to show up, even though they specified either /or. ~

(however there are still players who do reply even if they are accepting another offer, and I really appreciate that)

It's mostly killed my interest in trying for those types of trades. If it is something I really, really like I might PM to be sure they are willing to accept hatchies if I go through the trouble of gathering/incubating/hatching them, otherwise I tend to pass over those now.

Maybe... Personally I've always thought that adding "cb hatchies" to my want-list is going to help those who can't produce rare/bloodswap/any other specific lineage I need. I can use almost any cb (un)common, but tend to be picky when higher gens come into question (they need to have some use in my projects)... and then either I get no offers or eggs, sometimes a hatchie, sometimes someone offers an IOU (that I usually accept). So I'm rather confused about this (but I'm still trying smile.gif )

This probably sounds kinda' silly, but how do CB Silvers and 2nd Gen Silvers compare? I just caught a CB, but I don't really need it for anything since I don't use Metals much, and I was considering trading it for some 2nd Gen Silvers that I need for my Valentines. (Two from Alt Sweetlings, one from Rosebud, and one from Val '09, just for reference. Obviously it won't go for all four.)

What can i get for CB Red Copper Hatchie, CB Golden Wyvern Hatchie, CB Magma Hatchie, 1 CB Nebula Hatchie, 4 CB Nebula Eggs, 2 CB Thunder Eggs, CB S2 Purple Dino?

I'd probably ask for 2-3 avatars for a green copper/silver. I think the main problem is the 3g gold, though, because while creating those is a pain, you can barely trade them.

That explains a lot, I thought pb golds were worth quite a bit because they are so hard to breed! Thanks for your answer, I'll probably try to stick to checkers then.

This probably sounds kinda' silly, but how do CB Silvers and 2nd Gen Silvers compare? I just caught a CB, but I don't really need it for anything since I don't use Metals much, and I was considering trading it for some 2nd Gen Silvers that I need for my Valentines. (Two from Alt Sweetlings, one from Rosebud, and one from Val '09, just for reference. Obviously it won't go for all four.)

1:1 if you don't accept IOU's, because metal x holiday pairings usually breed poorly and you probably won't find someone who has two eggs at hand. 1:2 if you accept IOU's (you should put a note in your signature then, because you're not allowed to ask for them in trade posts). Though the silver x alt sweetling pairing is probably worth more, so adding a little extra to the silver will increase your chances to get 2 of them. You can also offer an IOU for a future valentine offspring from the pairing in exchange for the mate. You can find alt sweetling owners in this thread, your best bet is probably contacting some of them directly or asking in the thread for someone who can help out.

What can i get for CB Red Copper Hatchie, CB Golden Wyvern Hatchie, CB Magma Hatchie, 1 CB Nebula Hatchie, 4 CB Nebula Eggs, 2 CB Thunder Eggs, CB S2 Purple Dino?

DangerDragon, the value of eggs isn't going to change within a couple of days just because you ask again... Unfortunately, cb metal catchers can catch any of those themselves easily and are unlikely to trade for them. sad.gif But there are a lot of players who trade 2nd gen metals, you could get one for 1-2 trios or unbreedables or 3-4 nebula hatchies.

You could try to swap the red copper + 2 trio hatchies for a green copper, and then add 2 trio hatchies to that to get a cb silver for it. That might work, but maybe someone else will give an opinion on that.

You could also try to swap pairs of what you have for 2nd gen avatars and try to trade 2 for a cb silver or a whole set for a cb gold, but there's also no guarantee that it will work and you might just as well be stuck with the avatars.

That's actually the only way I see how you could get a cb metal out of what you have, to trade stepwise towards the metal.

Dinos can be swapped for other unbreedables, but aren't worth much otherwise because most people don't collect more than one set of them. You can try to pm pippyspot, she collects pruple dinos.

I don't trade golden wyverns often, but ADP said a few posts above yours that they go for a tan ridgewing or a red dorsal, which sounds realistic to me.

Nebula eggs are not good trade fodder, they are worth a red or pink hatchie. Gendered hatchlings are more valueable, but even then it's more a question of how badly someone needs the nebulas and it's hard to determine a set value.

A general word on how to trade bundles of stuff for something more valueabe: "Have bundle of X, want rare item Y" doesn't work well. Instead, search the trading topics for posts with "Have rare item Y, want Z or other offers" and offer on them, especially when they have been reposted already - that means they didn't get good offers so far and are likely to accept a decent offer.

What is the value of a 3EG PB curl alt black hatchie? I want to freeze it, but I don't know if I should trade it or let it grow up.

What is the value of a 3EG PB curl alt black hatchie? I want to freeze it, but I don't know if I should trade it or let it grow up.

If its parents are also alts (like this one), it's quite valuable and I suggest letting it grow up or trading it for something really good; otherwise it's up to you really. I like adult alt blacks and let all decent lineaged ones (pure or checker) reach into adulthood tongue.gif but some like the hatchling sprites and freeze them regardless of the lineage. I can't say more since I don't know your dragon's line.

Edited by dhorne

If its parents are also alts (like this one), it's quite valuable and I suggest letting it grow up or trading it for something really good; otherwise it's up to you really. I like adult alt blacks and let all decent lineaged ones (pure or checker) reach into adulthood  tongue.gif but some like the hatchling sprites and freeze them regardless of the lineage. I can't say more since I don't know your dragon's line.

Thanks for your advice. Its parents are not Alts, and I like the curl hatchling, so I'm going to let it grow:P

Edit:On second thought, I'm going to let it grow up

Edited by OtomeKristinOtaku