Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

They should be able to get you a 3g Tinsel / Shimmer, and I've heard stories of them going for CB Silvers as well. Anything cheaper than that should be easy to get for you. smile.gif

So if I added more CB coppers say 2 CB reds and 1 CB brown it would be no problem getting a 3g tinsel/shimmer or even a cb metal? ohmy.gif

So if I added more CB coppers say 2 CB reds and 1 CB brown it would be no problem getting a 3g tinsel/shimmer or even a cb metal? ohmy.gif

I believe a CB Copper set is worth a CB Gold and adding the Red + Brown would net a CB Silver. 1:1 CB Green Copper for CB Silver seems fair to me too, though I know ADP has been getting CB Coppers for her 3g metals and someone here not too long ago put in a 2g Gold + a prize (I think it was a prize, not sure how long of a generation) and got a CB Copper offer. Tricky part on 3g prize line is finding the 2g owners, imo as I'd think most would rather have a CB Silver/CB Gold for their 3g offsprings.

@DangerDragon: I believe they're just like dinos. They can be "rarer" to someone else, but not to another. I still don't think any of the other CB Trios have any price leverage on the others so 1:1 swap is completely fair, otherwise if you're asking something to be added it's pricey or you're overpaying by adding.

What's the relative worth of a cb ice and a cb golden wyvern?

Thanks in advance (I love so much that people are so helpful in answering questions here wub.gif )

What's the relative worth of a cb ice and a cb golden wyvern?

Thanks in advance (I love so much that people are so helpful in answering questions here wub.gif )

Separately or together? I'm going to assume together? I'll explain both anyways.

Separately: I believe (I dare say, others feel free to voice opinion) the CB Ice is worth a CB Blusang alone as a fair trade. The Gold Wyvern I'd put on slightly under a Red Doral and even more slightly under a Tan Ridgewing. And asking anything like an Unbreedable/Trio/Blusang is unlikely going to net you either three so I'd suggest adding something to sweeten the deal with nice lineaged Red hatchlings. Red hatchlings over pink hatchlings because people are more picky with pink hatchlings wanting certain genders. Other alternatives to reds/pinks include CB gendered Nebula hatchling(s), CB new release hatchling(s), or a CB Black hatchie(s).

Together: Since I believe alone the CB Ice is on par with a CB Blusang now because of the avatar release. Let's take a moment and compare CBs at this point for simplicity. The next best thing would be a CB Brown Copper followed by a CB Red Copper, followed by a CB Green Copper, followed by a CB Silver, and last but not least, a CB Gold. I do not believe adding the CB Gold Wyvern with the CB Ice will net you a CB Copper as I'd feel 3-4 CB Blusangs are worth a CB Brown/Red Copper and 4-5 CBs for a CB Green Copper. As for prizes the best you should expect is a 5g as 4g's can go for 1-2 CB Coppers. As for metals I believe you're better off asking for any checker (or stairstep whatever you perfer) opposed to a certain type since it will limit your pool of players able to fulfill your want severely. Unless of course it's some popular lineage checker like:

Royal Blue Female x Silver Male

Ice Female x Silver Male

Spring Male x Silver Female

Pink Male x Silver Female

Weirdly, I cannot think of any popular gold lineages off the top of my head. blink.gif

Oh btw, would love some feedback on the "underlining" on first section about "separately". Seeing if it's easier to follow and understand opposed to not underlinging. I think it looked good when I underlined just a couple, but then became a bit much when I decided to highlight every breed. laugh.gif Or at least when I'm not talking about "CBs" :3

Really sorry - I meant relative to each other, like are cb ices and cb golden wyverns the same worth as each other, or if one is worth less what type of things would add to it to make it an even trade.

I gather from your post that they're not worth the same and that a cb golden wyvern is worth less than a cb ice, and that adding a red/pink/nebula/blacks like you mentioned to a cb golden wyvern would bring it up to the worth of a cb ice?

Thanks so much for the detailed post! About feedback, I think underlining isn't necessary, cause it's only a paragraph but also because you capitalized some stuff and that brings visual emphasis. At least for me, but I bet there are some people who would prefer the underlining.

I'd pay CB metals or 3g prizes for 2g silvers or golds from crimsons, just saying. smile.gif

that aside, I agree mostly with saynnas points, except for the 4gs - Depending on line and mate, they can go for fewer, so if you hatch both you can get a 4g.

btw: popular gold lineages:

purple x gold

gold x magi

gold x red.

biggrin.gif

if you hatch both
I only have one, and am looking to trade one for the other. My question was if they were worth the same or not (relative to each other) and if not, which one was worth more. Edited by diaveborn

I only have one, and am looking to trade one for the other. My question was if they were worth the same or not (relative to each other) and if not, which one was worth more.

I caught a CB GW a while back and wanted to trade it for a CB Trio. A CB GW egg + CB Pink hatchling got no bites and the GW has hatched and still no luck in trading.

How is the prize for CB Blusang now? Apart from CB metals and avatars, what are public currently would like to have?

Now that avatar breeding has been ongoing for a couple of weeks and hopefully settled a little more now, need to ask about 2nd gen shiny fails. In need of 2nd gen golds and silvers from gon and realise from advice before they will be tad more than a normal 2nd gen metallic. Would asking 2 be fair for say a cb copper or more likely 1:1?

Since Frills are discontinues, are dragons with Frills in their lineage worth more than dragons without Frills in their lineage?

Really sorry - I meant relative to each other, like are cb ices and cb golden wyverns the same worth as each other, or if one is worth less what type of things would add to it to make it an even trade.

I gather from your post that they're not worth the same and that a cb golden wyvern is worth less than a cb ice, and that adding a red/pink/nebula/blacks like you mentioned to a cb golden wyvern would bring it up to the worth of a cb ice?

Thanks so much for the detailed post! About feedback, I think underlining isn't necessary, cause it's only a paragraph but also because you capitalized some stuff and that brings visual emphasis.  At least for me, but I bet there are some people who would prefer the underlining.

Ohhhhhh laugh.gif CB Ice is definitely worth more than a CB Gold Wyvern. Yeah, I think adding something on the lines of 1 red/1 nebula (possibly purple/blue) or just 2 reds (preferably nicely lineaged, but messy is fine too) is fair enough.

Just a bit of a reminder, just because a trade is "fair" does not mean you'll get an offer. A good example of this is trying to swap CB Common/Uncommon hatchlings. :3

No problem and thanks for the feedback. smile.gif

@Shelybear: They're on par with CB Trios now because of the avatar release. Refer back to my post above of how much for a CB Copper and I believe it should answer your question. :3 I'm not sure what the 2nd question is referring to... CB Blusang or just in general? If in general I feel the general trader is always looking for Reds/Pinks. I could say CB Trios and everything else worth above a Red/Pink, but it's not really reflecting back to the "want" needs. Excluding Coppers/Prizes here since I'm assuming you don't need to know that part with the "Apart from CB metals and avatars,".

@lilacamy931: I don't think it's settled down very much. ;/ I still see some -- in my opinion -- VERY ridiculous wants still like "3g Avatar spiral, want 2g Avatar egg or correctly influenced hatchling", "3g Avatar, want CB Metal/Lowgen Prize/CB Copper", etc. Note to the first one being a spiral and the user wanting a "correctly influenced" hatchling laugh.gif More emphasis on "correctly influenced". I'm not even sure how fails are with GoNs let alone Gold/Silvers, but I would still feel if anyone is still desperate enough for a CB Copper that they'd take the offer because if they get an Avatar they can either trade it off for swaps/other stuff or just keep it. So it's sort of a win/win situation for them.

@Pony: Not necessarily. If you bred it with some CB Common/Uncommon/Rare and asked for a CB Trio/Unbreedable I'm very sure you wouldn't get an offer. I don't remember the last time I saw a Want containing "Offspring from Frills/BrightPinks". I do remember seeing quite a bit, but not of late. This is probably where you will have to think of nice combinations with Frills and test the waters out to see what people would generally give you for frill offsprings. Oh and that's taken into consideration 2g's being traded.

EDIT: Unless you breed it with a gold/silver, then you'd get people jumping for it for a CB Trio/Unbreedables even if they cannot continue it.

Edited by Saynna

EDIT: Unless you breed it with a gold/silver, then you'd get people jumping for it for a CB Trio/Unbreedables even if they cannot continue it.

Let's say I bred a CB magma with a CB Frill.

Would that egg go for anything?

Probably on par with whatever 2nd gen magmas are worth right now, especially those from CB holidays. I'd say at least a few CB common hatchies, but it really depends on who is looking for the lineage.

Now that avatar breeding has been ongoing for a couple of weeks and hopefully settled a little more now, need to ask about 2nd gen shiny fails. In need of 2nd gen golds and silvers from gon and realise from advice before they will be tad more than a normal 2nd gen metallic. Would asking 2 be fair for say a cb copper or more likely 1:1?

Considering how some people successfully trade 2nd and 3rd gen metals for cb coppers, I don't see how a cb copper can be worth two 2nd gen golds/silvers from GoN. 1:1 is fair in my opinion, since gold/silver GoN fails are much rarer than pb golds/silvers due to the breeding attempts being limited by the number of GoN's you can have.

Depends on your meaning of "anything". Anything worthwhile like an Unbreedable/Trio/Blusang/Tan Ridgewing? Answer is: very unlikely. If you could give something to compare it with, it'd be easier to give you information you care about and not information you do not. Example: "Ohs you can gets 8g prizes easy and messy hatchlings".

Considering how some people successfully trade 2nd and 3rd gen metals for cb coppers, I don't see how a cb copper can be worth two 2nd gen golds/silvers from GoN. 1:1 is fair in my opinion, since gold/silver GoN fails are much rarer than pb golds/silvers due to the breeding attempts being limited by the number of GoN's you can have.

Do you have anything to back up that gold/silvers GoN fails are "much rarer"? I'm actually very interested since, ya know, I'm not too knowledgeable on their breeding and fails let alone any of my own lol. But seeing as how 2g Avatars (which is definitely worth more than the fails even if a gold/silver) still are struggling (not saying they're not getting it) to get 1 CB Copper, saying 1:1 for a fail doesn't seem logical to me. I only see fails like those going for more than the avatars themselves after most of the DC population are getting tired of the avatars -- which as far as I know -- hasn't happened yet.

How worthwhile are CB Springs, Paper, and Dino? Together or seperate?

Separate: Paper > Green Dino (checked your scroll) > CB Spring. Paper and Green Dino are actually fair if anyone ever wanted to swap, but from experience Paper goes away faster than a Green Dino when asking for the same thing. As for CB Springs their values are up in the beginning, drop later on the season, and then spikes up again at the end. At the end you will find more people desperate to get their hands on a CB Spring that won't mind overpaying. A fair price for both in the beginning and end, imo, is a CB Tan Ridgewing. At the middle of it I'd say it drops down to a CB Gold Wyvern. As for Green Dinos and Papers they can still fetch you a CB Trio/CB Blusang, but it's going to be harder now because their prices (CB Trios) inflated a bit from Avatar release.

Together: Since we already talked about CB Blusang which is pretty much one of the higher valued eggs, the next best thing would be a CB Brown/Red Copper. I don't think those are enough together to get one and when you bundle other species together (even when they're about same value) it usually turns people away. As you see, if you only bundled the paper and green dino together, people would get at the point you're bundling unbreedables together, but when you added the CB Spring they're going to stop for a moment and think, "Random CB Spring? O.o".

Do you have anything to back up that gold/silvers GoN fails are "much rarer"? I'm actually very interested since, ya know, I'm not too knowledgeable on their breeding and fails let alone any of my own lol. But seeing as how 2g Avatars (which is definitely worth more than the fails even if a gold/silver) still are struggling (not saying they're not getting it) to get 1 CB Copper, saying 1:1 for a fail doesn't seem logical to me. I only see fails like those going for more than the avatars themselves after most of the DC population are getting tired of the avatars -- which as far as I know -- hasn't happened yet.

GoNs are a limited breed, unlike metals and everything else. Most people have two or less, so only have that many chances at breeding each week (compared to my 20 or so CB metals which I can breed each week to anything to get 2nd gens). Avatars seem to be breeding reasonably well, so it's fairly uncommon to get a metallic 'fail' out of a GoN.

So yes, I'd say that if you apply logic to the situation, metallic fails (probably not most other fails, but certainly metallics) are going to be worth quite a bit. I'd say 1:1 would be fair.

Do you have anything to back up any of your points? Because, y'know it seems kind of hypocritical asking other people for evidence to back up their points, when you usually post here without giving any. Specifically, 2G Avatars being "definitely worth more than the fails even if a gold/silver". I would've thought the opposite, I certainly would give more for a silver/gold 'fail' than I would an avatar. Do you have anything to back up that claim?

Edited by TheGrox

GoNs are a limited breed, unlike metals and everything else. Most people have two or less, so only have that many chances at breeding each week (compared to my 20 or so CB metals which I can breed each week to anything to get 2nd gens). Avatars seem to be breeding reasonably well, so it's fairly uncommon to get a metallic 'fail' out of a GoN.

So yes, I'd say that if you apply logic to the situation, metallic fails (probably not most other fails, but certainly metallics) are going to be worth quite a bit. I'd say 1:1 would be fair.

Do you have anything to back up any of your points? Because, y'know it seems kind of hypocritical asking other people for evidence to back up their points, when you usually post here without giving any. Specifically, 2G Avatars being "definitely worth more than the fails even if a gold/silver". I would've thought the opposite, I certainly would give more for a silver/gold 'fail' than I would an avatar. Do you have anything to back up that claim?

^ This. Nobody can attempt to breed more than 3 GoN metal fails a week, while metal hoarders can possibly breed tons of 2nd gens each week. Yeah, metal breeding is hard, and most attempts are not successful, but that is also true for getting metals out of GoN x metal pairings.

And I completely agree with Grox that I would value a 2nd gen gold or silver from GoN parent higher than an avatar from the same pairing.

Combined with the fact that angelicdragonpuppy trades off her 3rd gen metals for cb coppers, which has been quoted in this thread multiple times, I conclude that 2 2nd gen metals from GoN for one cb copper is definitely overpaying.

Which doesn't mean that you shouldn't accept the trade if you're the one trading off the copper wink.gif

Edited by Ha-Ki

How much Royal Blues will a Gold Tinsle (Lineage) get If the Tinsle Owner doesn't care if the Royal Blue(s) are inbred/messy lineage?

Edited by Drinking_Water

How much Royal Blues will a Gold Tinsle (Lineage) get If the Tinsle Owner doesn't care if the Royal Blue(s) are inbred/messy lineage?

That tinsel doesn't have a very short linear lineage, so I think it would go 1:1 with a royal blue with a non special lineage.

It is easier to go hunting for royal blues in the AP