Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Thank you, Saynna. The post is helpful <3

No problem, glad to be of service ~ <3

GoNs are a limited breed, unlike metals and everything else. Most people have two or less, so only have that many chances at breeding each week (compared to my 20 or so CB metals which I can breed each week to anything to get 2nd gens). Avatars seem to be breeding reasonably well, so it's fairly uncommon to get a metallic 'fail' out of a GoN.

So yes, I'd say that if you apply logic to the situation, metallic fails (probably not most other fails, but certainly metallics) are going to be worth quite a bit. I'd say 1:1 would be fair.

Do you have anything to back up any of your points? Because, y'know it seems kind of hypocritical asking other people for evidence to back up their points, when you usually post here without giving any. Specifically, 2G Avatars being "definitely worth more than the fails even if a gold/silver". I would've thought the opposite, I certainly would give more for a silver/gold 'fail' than I would an avatar. Do you have anything to back up that claim?

And most do not have 20 CB Metals, very few do. o.o;

"I'm actually very interested since, ya know, I'm not too knowledgeable on their breeding and fails let alone any of my own lol."

I never discredited it (which you seem to have oddly read as is), it was out of curiosity since I did not have any of my own and as I said (very easily in a casual way) not very knowledgable on fails, that's why I wanted to see some examples since Ha-Ki said GoN fails were much rarer than normal metals. I only reasoned Avatars being worth more than them not because of higher chances of getting a gold/silver fail because I was reflecting it off the wants of current traders.

"[...]since gold/silver GoN fails are much rarer than pb golds/silvers due to the breeding attempts being limited by the number of GoN's you can have."

"Do you have anything to back up any of your points?"

I only see fails like those going for more than the avatars themselves after most of the DC population are getting tired of the avatars -- which as far as I know -- hasn't happened yet.

Based off thread questions Avatars are moreso asked more about than fails hence, "I only see fails like those going for more than the avatars themselves after most of the DC population are getting tired of the avatars[...]". Also just look back in this thread most of the time ask for 2g avatars or doesn't even bother mentioning fails with 2g avatars. Looking through EATW market and clicking about nearly 12+ are asking for 2g Avatars/3g Avatars, even messies. I haven't even noticed one asking for a 2g fail, let alone a 2g GoN Gold/Silver fail. o.o; I just checked a good portion of EATW trades too. Now looking on DC trading threads such as "A dragon trading thread V2! ~trading~.", "> Even Generations Trading and Gifting Centre, Only Even Gens, Always Even Gens", and "> Stairstep & Spiral Lineage Gifting and Trading HQ, HQ for all your Stairstep & Spiral needs", there aren't many users that are asking for 2g fails and looking back a few pages (3-4) they're usually the same group of people so it's not a very large group going for them.

Again, not everyone has 20 CB Metals like you, Grox, I very much doubt the majority of players have 20 CB Metals and that doesn't need proof for itself. Unless of course you want to tell me that most people do on top of fails being more so wanted than these 2g avatars. laugh.gif And we can safely say from the Avatar release thread a good portion of players don't have GoNs themselves as well.

Thank you for the advice regarding 2nd gen metal avatar fails - apologies if it has created very differing thoughts.

In regards to 2nd gen metals trade 1:1 for cb coppers, I will advise never really had much experience of it (I was thinking as green coppers seem much more sought after over the reds and browns they may be a bit more tweaked?). I shall pop a cb copper out for trade soon and see if any nibbles biggrin.gif

Based off thread questions Avatars are moreso asked more about than fails hence, "I only see fails like those going for more than the avatars themselves after most of the DC population are getting tired of the avatars[...]". Also just look back in this thread most of the time ask for 2g avatars or doesn't even bother mentioning fails with 2g avatars.

The amount of people asking about them in this thread is largely irrelevant. Avatars are a new breed - people are bound to be curious about trade values. But that alone doesn't mean they're worth any more than anything else. The amount of people asking for them in trading threads is rather irrelevant too. I hardly see anyone asking for 2G prizefails in trades, for example, but they are (apparently) worth a lot. In short; how many people are asking for something in trades, or asking about it in here doesn't necessarily correlate with how much something is actually worth.

The only way to know for sure is to actually offer one up for trade. Aside from that, I believe my reasoning as to why they are worth more still seems more logical.

*shrug* I still think that a 2nd gen gold or silver from GoN is a very special 2nd gen metallic that's worth more than a 2nd gen metallic from a common mate.

there aren't many users that are asking for 2g fails and looking back a few pages (3-4) they're usually the same group of people so it's not a very large group going for them.

Actually I doubt that checking what people are asking for in trades is a good way of measuring how valueable something is. I'm too lazy to check the trading threads right now, but how many posts will you find that ask for, let's say a 2nd gen gold from mint parent? Probably only a few, but it's very hard to breed and it's going to fetch a nice price if you trade it off. Just counting how many trades are asking for that exact lineage doesn't reflect that.

If you had a cb copper and asked for two 2nd gen golds from mint parent, would you get a bite? Probably not, but trading 1:1 would seem fair. I fail to see see how a 2nd gen gold from GoN parent can be so different.

Or take a look at neglecteds - right now people are asking for avatars more often than for neglecteds, but does that mean an avatar is worth more than a neglected? Not really.

The reason why you see so many trades asking for avatars is simply that they're new and people still need them for scroll completion. Even with 3 GoN's and only successful breedings it takes you 5 weeks to get a full set of all adults and frozen hatchies, that's the only reason why the demand hasn't died down yet.

Edit: ninja.gif 'd by Grox

Edited by Ha-Ki

The amount of people asking about them in this thread is largely irrelevant. Avatars are a new breed - people are bound to be curious about trade values. But that alone doesn't mean they're worth any more than anything else. The amount of people asking for them in trading threads is rather irrelevant too. I hardly see anyone asking for 2G prizefails in trades, for example, but they are (apparently) worth a lot. In short; how many people are asking for something in trades, or asking about it in here doesn't necessarily correlate with how much something is actually worth.

The only way to know for sure is to actually offer one up for trade. Aside from that, I believe my reasoning as to why they are worth more still seems more logical.

Are you going to compare them to 2g prizefails? Oh Groxy, they're so different though that you can't compare them. :0

"Avatars are a new breed - people are bound to be curious about trade values."

Absolutely wrong. We only see this happening because for a short period of time people were getting quick CB Metal offers for their avatars. And to most breeding a 2g other than something like a prize or a holly and getting a CB Metal will astonish most and cause confusion weather or not they can get CB Metal(s) for it. We never really ever got questions here about new releases until Avatars came. There weren't many at all to my memory asking about Falconiform and Frostbite values as there were many asking for Avatars and their fails like now.

The wants in people does correlate, if you check nearly everytime someone asks for a GoN fail it's nearly always on the bottom of their wants and that is not coincidence my friend. I refuse to believe there is only one way to know their worth and that is a terrible way of knowing.

I'm just going to say this. You focus only a little on my posts and never talk about anything else. If you're not going to consider it as a whole then I will not waste my time arguing with you again. No this isn't, "I'm going to ignore everything you say, but since I can be right about this little thing I'm going to talk about that instead!". Consider it as a whole, not little pieces of information which you have failed in the past to consider again and again. I do not write them for nothing, Grox. rolleyes.gif

@Ha-Ki: Yup, that's why 2g Avatars > Fails. =p They haven't died down yet (which I said in my post that the craving for them is still higher than fails) and that is not the only reason and only giving that one reason and not considering all other factors, which again, just like the 4g prizes that both you and Grox said wouldn't be worth a CB Metal/Copper is very undermining. People aren't Avatar Fail crazy and the thought of someone having to pay 1 CB Copper for 1 GoN Fail doesn't appeal to most, unless you want to argue about that as well.

"If you had a cb copper and asked for two 2nd gen golds from mint parent, would you get a bite? Probably not, but trading 1:1 would seem fair. I fail to see see how a 2nd gen gold from GoN parent can be so different."

You won't get an offer because they're horrible to breed with, even if fair. Same with Uncommon/Common hatchie swaps. It's fair to trade 1:1 but you still have struggle. rolleyes.gif Again I have quoted myself again and again, just because it is a fair trade does not mean you will get an offer. You need to stop viewing it as, "If it is fair you will get it during trading." That's really not the case.

Or take a look at neglecteds - right now people are asking for avatars more often than for neglecteds, but does that mean an avatar is worth more than a neglected? Not really.

To the untrained trader it does not take much to realize the impact and price worth of a CB Neglected/CB Metal and what influences/impact they have in the trading community. Just saying. Same with 2g Prizes.

"The reason why you see so many trades asking for avatars is simply that they're new and people still need them for scroll completion. Even with 3 GoN's and only successful breedings it takes you 5 weeks to get a full set of all adults and frozen hatchies, that's the only reason why the demand hasn't died down yet."

Yeah, and you still see gold/silver fails being worth more? They haven't died down that the fails themselves are worth more, which is what I've been saying the whole time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this pretty lineage in the AP. Is it worth trading?

Also this, but I'm assuming this isn't really worth anything.

Only worth a bloodswap imo. Nothing like a CB Trio or Unbreedable. 5g prizefails don't go for much if anything at all either.

What are dinos, papers, and other unbreedables worth? What gen of prizes can they be traded for? What about CB coppers?

People aren't Avatar Fail crazy and the thought of someone having to pay 1 CB Copper for 1 GoN Fail doesn't appeal to most, unless you want to argue about that as well.

Noone was talking about fails in general, but about 2nd gen golds and silvers from GoN parent. How does ADP get cb coppers for her 3rd gen metals if even a 2nd gen isn't worth one?

But I'm tired of discussing this with you, maybe lilacamy will report back how many 2nd gen golds/silvers from GoN parent she got for her cb copper. I'll put up a 2nd gen metal fail for trade and see how many cb coppers I get, just don't expect me back too soon, they're not breeding metal fails very well tongue.gif

What are dinos, papers, and other unbreedables worth? What gen of prizes can they be traded for? What about CB coppers?

They're very swapable with each other, but you just have to find the person that doesn't mind swapping/wants to swap unbreedables together. They're just worth less than a Trio/Bluang, but 1:1 is very doable as well. smile.gif You may have to add and I think you've read what things you could add to sweeten up a deal and if not it's on the previous page. ^^

Actually here's a shortcut! biggrin.gif

As for prizes there are a couple of people that will trade 4g prizes for an Unbreedable that are usually specific (like they ask for a Paper specifically or another may be asking specifically a chicken), but usually people can get a CB Copper for a 4g prize so I think you'd get offered more of a 5g prize which is what I feel you would get more of, not because it's longer and more common. smile.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~_________________~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ha-Ki, I wasn't really going to reply back, but when you got to LilacAmy, I decided to. It's very apparent that she does not want to get involved into this argument so why are you bringing her in? It's fine if she does post, and if I'm wrong, so be it, but don't be dragging her in when it's very obvious she didn't mean for any of this to start and would like to avoid it. That's all I have to say. Good luck with your "metal fail" (hope you realized you used the wrong term there buddy).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

how much are CB golden wyverns going for right now

There is a link above that I linked someone else regarding to things they can add to make a deal better, but I also explained gold wyverns prices too and here's a copy paste:

"The Gold Wyvern I'd put on slightly under a Red Doral and even more slightly under a Tan Ridgewing. And asking anything like an Unbreedable/Trio/Blusang is unlikely going to net you either three so I'd suggest adding something to sweeten the deal with nice lineaged Red hatchlings. Red hatchlings over pink hatchlings because people are more picky with pink hatchlings wanting certain genders. Other alternatives to reds/pinks include CB gendered Nebula hatchling(s), CB new release hatchling(s), or a CB Black hatchie(s)."

Ha-Ki, I wasn't really going to reply back, but when you got to LilacAmy, I decided to. It's very apparent that she does not want to get involved into this argument so why are you bringing her in? It's fine if she does post, and if I'm wrong, so be it, but don't be dragging her in when it's very obvious she didn't mean for any of this to start and would like to avoid it. That's all I have to say. Good luck with your "metal fail" (hope you realized you used the wrong term there buddy).

I wasn't going to reply back eitheruntil you brought this up. Why I am curious about whether lilacamy got two 2nd gen metals for her copper? Because that is the whole point of this thread. Quoting from the OP:

If you came to post a question please go ahead and if you don't mind tell us how it ends.

You're the one who turned a discussion about trade values into an argument. And what exactly are you trying to achieve by attacking me because of a typo? I'm not wasting my time with you anymore, I'll ignore you now.

I wasn't going to reply back eitheruntil you brought this up. Why I am curious about whether lilacamy got two 2nd gen metals for her copper? Because that is the whole point of this thread. Quoting from the OP:

You're the one who turned a discussion about trade values into an argument. And what exactly are you trying to achieve by attacking me because of a typo? I'm not wasting my time with you anymore, I'll ignore you now.

rolleyes.gif

So you're curious because the whole point of the thread is to be curious about how the trades go. Actually I'd disagree and it's about giving advice to people, but whatever you wanna believe, Ha-Ki. It was not an attack at all, I simply just stated that you shouldn't bring people into arguments if they don't want to be apart of it or at least didn't mean for it to happen.

Also I said ONE sentence referring to the """typo""" and that is no way anywhere near an "attack".

The problem with this thread is that you, Saynna, appear to have decided that nobody but yourself is qualified to give advice on trades. Fair enough if you're trying to help people out, but it'd be nice if you'd let other people have their say and take their views into account, rather than just disagreeing with them on things you clearly know very little about.

What's even worse, though, is attacking people for using the "wrong terminology", just because they disagree with something you've said. I thought Ha-Ki's post was perfectly fine and understandable. We're talking about avatar fails, and specifically ones that are metals.

Either way, I'll go back to lurking, because arguing is clearly not getting us anywhere. Please just try to at least take what's been said on board for when you're giving advice in the future.

The problem with this thread is that you, Saynna, appear to have decided that nobody but yourself is qualified to give advice on trades. Fair enough if you're trying to help people out, but it'd be nice if you'd let other people have their say and take their views into account, rather than just disagreeing with them on things you clearly know very little about.

What's even worse, though, is attacking people for using the "wrong terminology", just because they disagree with something you've said. I thought Ha-Ki's post was perfectly fine and understandable. We're talking about avatar fails, and specifically ones that are metals.

Either way, I'll go back to lurking, because arguing is clearly not getting us anywhere. Please just try to at least take what's been said on board for when you're giving advice in the future.

Again and again people will accuse me of not agreeing or not capable of being wrong, but I have shown in again and again in the past. When WhiteBaron said he disagreed with me I left it at that and I even said there are more qualified people than me giving advice for other parts of trades. o.o I don't simply ignore it when I actually know I am wrong, I actually admit it and say "ah, yeah you're right, my bad" and, yes, it is embarrassing. Instead of trying to argue with me why not help people out? I've been helping while all you guys have been doing is arguing back and I'm pretty sure that's how much of your posts have been lately, arguing with me. Not just about these avatars.

Again it was not an attack, I don't even see how you could consider it as one, explain that further as I'm very confused. When people say metal fail it is when it does not produce a metal. Ha-ki was trying to say a metal from GoN which would be a GoN fail and not so much a Metal fail as an example of that is getting an ember from a gold instead of a gold. That's a metal fail. I'm very surprised you're lecturing me about this when you keep telling things like, "well those two aren't very much the same so you can't really compare that with each other".

But yeah, instead of arguing with me which is probably what your last 5 posts on this thread was about (about multiple things too), why not actually give advice to people that had unasnwered questions? That's what this thread is about, not "Let's argue with Saynna".

-removed- Edited by rubyshoes

Unsure if this is the right place for this, but if anyone finds -removed- in the AP, could they let me know? It's not terribly important, but I like to keep my lines clean.

This wouldn't really be the right place to post this. But, it might be an idea to put a note in your sig, or temporarily rename the parents (maybe to something like "if found please return to Miral on the forums") so that the new owner is aware that you'd like it back. Or just check on it in a few days when someone's caught it and hope someone with a visible scrollname catches it so you can try to track them down and ask.

Edited by rubyshoes

This wouldn't really be the right place to post this. But, it might be an idea to put a note in your sig, or temporarily rename the parents (maybe to something like "if found please return to Miral on the forums") so that the new owner is aware that you'd like it back. Or just check on it in a few days when someone's caught it and hope someone with a visible scrollname catches it so you can try to track them down and ask.

You can change the parents' names to say please return to Miral on the forums or the like.

Is a Paper worth of CB Spring and CB Blusang? What are Papers worth?

papers are NOT worth a CB blusang

You could get a CB trio for a paper, and probably all the other unbreedables.

This is just a personal opinion as I value hatchlings rather high, I would trade a CB blusang for a paper if the paper was a hatchling. I've been catching a lot of CB blusangs lately and trading most away so I probably value them less than others though

Yeah, I'd agree with the rest and put papers above springs but below blusangs in terms of value. I suppose if you wanted a blusang you could add something else to sweeten the deal and see if there's any bites.

You can change the parents' names to say please return to Miral on the forums or the like.

I'm pretty sure I said exactly that in my post you quoted XD

Thread Warning:

There has been a lot of arguing in this thread lately. This thread is for members to ask and receive opinions - no one's opinion is more valid than others. There is no need to quote and argue with others opinions. Members only need to give their opinion to an asked question. Some will agree with each other some will not. It is up to the member who asked the trade value to decide what they believe or will ask for.

tldr - Don't argue about advice given by someone else just state your advice in a different post and let the asking member decide which they will take

edit: This warning will be edited into the first post

Edited by rubyshoes

What is 4th gen shimmer like this worth? I'm not a shimmer collector and I'm not sure if I want to trade it away or keep it and use next gens as trade fodders... I'm usually interested in stuff like metals, cb hatchies or (well, yes) avatars. Is it worth anything?